• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Lookit this, Gamespot actually posted an early preview of the game:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/631880...-fighters-xiii-hands-on-preview-early-details

Sounds like the playable version at E3 was only shown to very few people, as THE ANSWER on Dreamcancel wasn't aware that there was a playable build there, while GS and Siliconera both reported on hands-on time with an early build.

For those who missed the Siliconera preview:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/0...-of-fighters-xiii-reigns-on-ps3-and-xbox-360/

There seems to be a lot of question-and-answer hopefulness displayed on a variety of sites for this game, so hopefully, we'll see some 1-to-1 with our questions soon after E3.

UPDATE: Hey Look! 1up actually has a pic of the game being played at E3:

622.jpg

http://www.1up.com/news/postcard-e3-atlus-booth-sexy?cmpid=rss-games

LoL at 1-on-1 Mai vs Mai battle.

Tizoc

OK seriously this is page 100, get off your lazy ass Fersis and make a new one; just copy pasta what's in this thread's first post and make a new one.

Anyways thanks for the info SAB \m/
Will spread it around~
...and can you blame them? HD boobies man, they should focus on that and this game will sell just for dem HD boobies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc said:
OK seriously this is page 100, get off your lazy ass Fersis and make a new one; just copy pasta what's in this thread's first post and make a new one.

Anyways thanks for the info SAB \m/
Will spread it around~
challenge-accepted.jpg

Just give me some time.

Augemitbutter said:
i'd like to see more hype but people are still recovering from the E3 buzz.
It's kinda hard to get hype without a well made trailer advertising awesome console features.

All we have is a poster right now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
How about some Fan-Made hype, then?:

Awesome Pro-Quality trailer by DarKAoZ
Kyo Combo Tutorial Vid by DDTC
"The Return of Hwa Jai!" Character Trailer by Solidshark

KoF has a talented community around it!

Edit: Ha, you posted at the same time! (almost)

About the KoF XII based netcode; who cares what's said now? We have months before the game is out, haven't got a Q&A with the devs yet, and don't know to what degree we can influence this stuff yet.

Lets not count our eggs, before they're even LAID yet, let alone hatched, ya'know?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Tizoc

^I approve of this. If anyone can make that Mai GIF animated and look better, we're good to go.
BTW "Don't think, feel" is a famous line by Bruce Lee right?
Feel it sounds like it wants the reader to feel Mai's boobs XD

SAB CA said:
Edit: Ha, you posted at the same time! (almost)

About the KoF XII based netcode; who cares what's said now? We have months before the game is out, haven't got a Q&A with the devs yet, and don't know to what degree we can influence thsi stuff yet.

Lets not count our eggs, before they're even LAID yet, let alone hatched, ya'know?
Well based off Amazon, we've got 4-5 months, I'm just hoping that in that time Atlus would consider a different online system.
Not gonna lie I can wait for this game if implementing GGPO will take more time, the fact that it is coming out is all that matters.
Besides remember when Capcom announced the PC DRM for SSF4 for PC? They listened to the issues and changed it.

As much as I would love to play KoF XIII on my console I also want to play with some skilled players to REALLY feel the game.

Fersis

_dementia said:
What were they thinking?
Is kinda odd because KOFXII used GSS (GameSyncSoftwares a third party networking library) but Frionel said that KOFXIII netcode is developed in-house.

Also: Too early to talk about the official thread but ill make a new Hype thread tomorrow.

This is a cool idea:
nilcam said:
After the stream, I’m planning on hosting a Skype call to discuss the matches and all things KOF and Dream Cancel. If you’re around, contact me via Skype (nilcam).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That Official Thread Banner is from the Ignition Forums KoF XIII hype thread...

...Let's just say I'm glad we have Dreamcancel.com now!

alstein

Well, not pre-ordering now. I'll wait a day or two and see what gets posted about the netcode before buying.

If netcode bombs, I'll buy later.

I pray to the elder gods that SNK is hitting that same sauce Arc System Works was hitting when they devised their amazing, standard setting netcode for console fighters.

I really want to be able to play this against people, and given how utterly lame the US fan base is - I'mma need dat netcode to play nice with South Americans. :D

Don't stop believing!

Fersis

The Take Out Bandit said:
I pray to the elder gods that SNK is hitting that same sauce Arc System Works was hitting when they devised their amazing, standard setting netcode for console fighters.

I really want to be able to play this against people, and given how utterly lame the US fan base is - I'mma need dat netcode to play nice with South Americans. :D

Don't stop believing!
The 'Ask Atlus' thread at Dreamcancel.com is pretty much : "BETTER NETCODE PLZ!"

LowParry

What's the netcode used in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum on XBLA? From what I remember, it was pretty legit and great online.

I haven't voiced my opinions yet at DC, but I'm not sure if it will be even worth it. It'll probably be drowned by all the DLC begging and in the end, SNKP and Atlus have scamming tendencies when it comes to DLC. And if the netcode article is true, then it really is a bitter farewell.

Fersis

Yeah that reminds me of something...
Hey people who asks for DLC months before the game release: WTF?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CcrooK said:
I can't stop staring at Mai. Can't. Stop. Staring.
Mai_sprite.gif

Can't lie, personally, I prefer

Leona_Winner_XIII.jpg

Don't know what NGBC Netcode library was called, but it did work very well, coupled with the fact that the game itself had much more generous buffers and timing than the average SNKP game. It's more like Blazblue, in that regard... think I'm noticing a trend... XD

** I wish this board had a Hype Themometer. A few stray comments from any random place can shift the temperature so drastically, so fast!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fersis said:
Yeah that reminds me of something...
Hey people who asks for DLC months before the game release: WTF?

I think that the reason people ask for DLC months before release isn't because they're hoping to get nickeled and dimed on release, but rather they're hoping for developer support for years to come. Stuff like that keeps the game alive if it's created post-launch. Certain additions are unrealistic given their time constraints, but as DLC they become possible.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
_dementia said:
Leona's new outfit is a total downgrade

It makes her fit in with Ralf and Clark. And it's basically Blue Mary's outfit + Leona's own secondary outfit from the Maximum Impact series. I was glad they updated her look, since she's had the exact same one for SO MANY YEARS.

GuardianE said:
I think that the reason people ask for DLC months before release isn't because they're hoping to get nickeled and dimed on release, but rather they're hoping for developer support for years to come. Stuff like that keeps the game alive if it's created post-launch. Certain additions are unrealistic given their time constraints, but as DLC they become possible.

Exactly. Who cares when it's created anyway, in the end. If DLC can add something that the base game couldn't recieve, due to time constraints, then it's very welcomed. I'd rather get 2 new teams in XIII due to DLC, than no new additions, because they couldn't make them in the release window.

Really, if SNKP ran contest to determine who got into the game, made a team out of the top 3, and gave an in-depth look at the creation of the characters, as it moved along, they could ride pretty solid hype for a nice long while, while giving the already-released game some media-buffing as a side effect...

Fersis

Shinriji said:
All hope is lost.
I hope youre joking.

SNK fans dont lose hope. We live with sadness and dispair but always hopeful.

fates

jett said:
I still wish they hadn't zoomed out the sprites. I wants my chunky pixels damnit.

I play PS2 KoF11 and NGBC on Type 6 in the graphics options just for that feel. :3 Love it.

But I dunno, I really really love the look of XIII's (and by extension, XII) sprites.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CcrooK said:
Hail to the King, baby.

Bah, we got this far, might as well put the whole team!
Mai_sprite.gif
Yuri_sprite.gif
2mxl7rs.jpg

Always liked King, too... CvS2 and 2K2UM King stick on my teams much more than I'd expect... I hope she does the same in XIII, though I'll miss her command unblockable... :( But I have an awesome, easy-to-combo into Trap Shot, so it kinda makes up for it!

LowParry

i'm not sure who I'll have as my main team. King will be in there, that's for sure. I've always enjoyed playing her. Eh, I'd of gone with Iori had he not any changes to him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ferrio said:
Isn't blue mary, but is close enough..

Did they retain the same voice actress?

For King? Yup. Mai got a new one... which I really like. I think Yuri has the same, though she sounds "fresh".

Top Bottom