• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Shinriji

Fersis said:
I hope youre joking.

SNK fans dont lose hope. We live with sadness and dispair but always hopeful.
Dude, I can live when a review says that the netcode is terrible when the game launches, but only 3 days after the game annoucement? Not even the most loyal SNK fan can live with that.

Oh well, back to play the game only with local friends.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ferrio said:
Yay harumi, is it new lines or recycled?

New for XIII, I believe. Still with that memorable King/Charlotte death cry, lol.

General Shank-a-snatch said:

Yeah, was thinking about linking the Tech Ref too, lol. Yay, excuse to see how awesome King is in ths game again. (Aerial Venom strike is such a welcome addition.)

RSLYG said:
Bitches leave !

OswaldKOFXII.gif
Oswald was so cool.

Ferrio

Banned
SAB CA said:
New for XIII, I believe. Still with that memorable King/Charlotte death cry, lol.

Yeah, was thinking about linking the Tech Ref too, lol. Yay, excuse to see how awesome King is in ths game again. (Aerial Venom strike is such a welcome addition.)

Needs her 2k command throw, then she'll be god.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ferrio said:
Needs her 2k command throw, then she'll be god.

*nod* That's what I was calling the "command unblockable" up there. Robert is the only person in this game who got to keep his (though his became a REAL throw now), so I'd love to see her get hers back. Though I wonder if it'd combo into/Out of Trap Shot with Drive Cancel...

The fact she can chain Crouching Weak kick, into stand weak, into command Slide, into Trap Shot /Tornado Kick/Venom strike really does seem to make up for the loss though. I'm very happy she finally got a real, comboable command normal after all these years. And she retains her double hit D (while characters like Vice lost theirs...)

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Shinriji said:
All hope is lost.

Folks, the online functionality in KOFXIII is still VERY early in development and is, more importantly, a HUGE priority.

Let's not jump to (or off of) any conclusions, please.

alstein

AtlusAram said:
Folks, the online functionality in KOFXIII is still VERY early in development and is, more importantly, a HUGE priority.

That's why I'm not saying I won't buy period. I am saying that given the fact that it's based of a netcode that was proven to be complete garbage, I'm wary.

One suggestion- if you do end up with good netcode, put out a netcode-enabled demo on PSN/XBL before the game is released. If that's good people will be reassured.

Fersis said:
I hope youre joking.

SNK fans dont lose hope. We live with sadness and dispair but always hopeful.

SNK fans are not Puella Magi. If they were they'd all be witches anyways, and the world would be saved by entropy from just KOFXII alone. ^_^

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
AtlusAram said:

Oh hello! -wave- Welcome to the party. Feel free to share any cookies of information you might have! (^_^)

It can't be re-iterated enough: Some kind of Beta (similiar to what was done with SSFIITHDR) in order to test worldwide network conditions, for the growning netcode, would be fantastic, and would be one of the best marketing tools possible for this game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AtlusAram said:

That's really good to hear. Sometimes we need reassuring words before our active imaginations run wild.

Any word on pre-order goodies or special editions? :)

AtlusAram said:

Off topic. but you guys should port VF to consoles as well =D

Back on topic, I will buy this game for both consoles, day 1.

alstein

FallingEdge said:
Off topic. but you guys should port VF to consoles as well =D

Back on topic, I will buy this game for both consoles, day 1.

Definitely talk to Sega on Final Shodown, please. That game needs a US release.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
_dementia said:
http://i.imgur.com/nHwyV.jpg

If only :(

Wow, Virtua Fighter has "HAND DRAWN and beautifully animated fighters", now?
I'll buy 2 copies... alongside the 3 KoF XIII ones.

AtlusAram said:

Honestly I'm glad you fine folks appear to be listening to the community and seem to be relaying the importance of this to SNK.

I recall trying to communicate with Ignition on KoF12 and getting suffocated by PR bullsh*t. Though to be fair, the idiot podcast I submitted my interview questions to laughed it off.

Well who's laughing now, podcast b*tches?

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Think of the improvements in KOFXII's netcode post-release as movement in the right direction and a positive FOUNDATION for things to come.

AtlusAram said:
Think of the improvements in KOFXII's netcode post-release as movement in the right direction and a positive FOUNDATION for things to come.

I don´t want to sound like an ass, but after the kof XII netcode fiasco, i´ll believe that when i see it.

tzare

if netcode is good, i'll probably double dip, ps360. Any possibility to see a Vita port?
I'd love to see KOF available from PSN too.

AtlusAram said:

can you say if the netplay will be entirely developed by SNK, or did they get help from outside?

alstein

Augemitbutter said:
can you say if the netplay will be entirely developed by SNK, or did they get help from outside?

Wasn't Neowave netcode good?

I think it's possible SNK does it, but I'm also in believe it when I see it mode. I just hope the Atlus folks pound it into SNK's skull that the US fans are very wary when it comes to KOFXII netcode.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Hunter-Zero said:
I don´t want to sound like an ass, but after the kof XII netcode fiasco, i´ll believe that when i see it.

You didn't, and that's understandable. All we ask is your patience. The game was announced just this week and is still early in development.

Please stay tuned as we work to answer all of your questions, address your concerns, and reveal more about the game between now and its planned release!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
alstein said:
Wasn't Neowave netcode good?

I think it's possible SNK does it, but I'm also in believe it when I see it mode. I just hope the Atlus folks pound it into SNK's skull that the US fans are very wary when it comes to KOFXII netcode.

Neowave's was pretty decent (Much better than the 2K2/2K3 collection I hear), I played East Coast USA to Mexico pretty solidly, before my connection got buffed up a bit, even.

Oh, and Gaf is funny:

ohgaf.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im glad to see that Atlus recognizes GAF as part of the KOF community.
;__; <-- Happy tears.

Since the game is early in development (I have my doubts about it though) my only request (Besided good netcode) is : Online training mode.

TreIII

This is good to see that Atlus recognizes us too. And also good to see that this is a priority. Cuz it's definitely do or die time here!

Mikhal

alstein said:
One suggestion- if you do end up with good netcode, put out a netcode-enabled demo on PSN/XBL before the game is released. If that's good people will be reassured.
This! Just throw in 2 characters in Single Play mode and call it a day. Or just announce that GGPO will be used and eliminate the need of a demo/beta to show off netcode.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If ya guys wanna check it out, Dark Geese is uploading some vids from Pre-ReveLAtions KoF XIII play, starting with a FT10 Between Mr.KOF and Reynald.

First Video - Solid Beni, Shen, and Takuma play here.
Second: - K' appears... bit no one seems to care, and he's forgotten, lol.
Third: Final match of the vid, Yuri pulls off a nice trick I haven't seen in any other XIII video...
Forth: Andy can rule with those Drive Cancels! Good Yuri, and of course, Shen!
Fifth: Remember, Ash's combos are eternal. :lol:
Sixth: You know, it's even fun seeing 2 Shen Woo's fight, when they use totally different aspects of him. Yuri's fun to watch, too!
Seventh: This number does not exist.
Eighth: Greatest Standoff ending to a casual match ever?
Ninth: The Raiden's have come out in full force.. but it's not really the normal Raiden we all see. Same Team VS battle in the final vid posted as of the moment!

It's a great time to see some of the other characters show how awesome they can be, when meters aren't being saved for just THEM! Great to see Benimaru dominating every once in a while!

Sad Edit: The Seiyuu who played (among other things) May Lee in KoF, Tomoko Kawakami, passed away a few days ago. :( Never made the connection that she voiced other characters, like Soifon in Bleach, or Merril in Rune Soldier Louie (a personal fav!).

Rest In Peace!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
http://i.imgur.com/nHwyV.jpg

If only :(

You just gave me a great idea.

2e4dhch.jpg

Virtua Fighter vs SNK please.

Dachande

_dementia said:
Oswald was so cool.

Fuck yeah he was. I was a latecomer to XI, and loved Oswald. Loads of quick chain combos with his cards, and one of the last characters they created at the old resolution, too. I'd piss my pants if they redrew him sooner over other characters, but I doubt they will and according to canon (laffo, but) Shen Woo probably killed him in the fight in their ending. :(

This is like what happened with Karin in SFA3 without the shitty spinoff :((((

Tizoc

SAB CA said:
Sad Edit: The Seiyuu who played (among other things) May Lee in KoF, Tomoko Kawakami, passed away a few days ago. :( Never made the connection that she voiced other characters, like Soifon in Bleach, or Merril in Rune Soldier Louie (a personal fav!).

Rest In Peace!
Aw man, RiP. I wasn't much of a May Lee fan, but she gave her a great Toukusatsu voice. =(

@AtlusAram- Thanks for the feedback =) If you don't mind me asking, but will you retranslate the game? The original Engrish is odd to say the least-
http://orochinagi.com/2010/07/kof-xiii-grammatically-correct-however

KoF XII's translate for the console port had a few problems too. For example, one of Kim Kap Hwan's moves was written as (in his movelist) kuuchuuhangetsuzan; which should be Kuuchuu Hangetsu-zan or such (translated it would mean Aerial Crescent Moon Slash).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc said:
Aw man, RiP. I wasn't much of a May Lee fan, but she gave her a great Toukusatsu voice. =(

@AtlusAram- Thanks for the feedback =) If you don't mind me asking, but will you retranslate the game? The original Engrish is odd to say the least-
http://orochinagi.com/2010/07/kof-xiii-grammatically-correct-however

KoF XII's translate for the console port had a few problems too. For example, one of Kim Kap Hwan's moves was written as (in his movelist) kuuchuuhangetsuzan; which should be Kuuchuu Hangetsu-zan or such (translated it would mean Aerial Crescent Moon Slash).
Why you hatin' on goldfish exploding punches?

New hype thread tomorrow. Very short and simple, my idea is to keep updating the thread once we get more info.

Fersis

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Ooooh, great. I'm ready to back you up with perverted images.
Yeah... no thanks, lets keep it civil. ;)
(I have a cute Elisabeth cosplay picture)

TheAnswer said:
KOF 13 live stream has been rescheduled till after MvC3, maybe around 10 PM PST
(KOFXIII at ReveLAtions)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For anyone still conscience conscious, KoF XIII Top 4 streaming next at ReveLAtions!

Playing Soon HERE!

And welcome! Though your Opinion is wrong, and KoF is, as a fact the better looking game!
<<-- *SARCASM*, really, to each their own ^_^

kazuo

As opposed to conscious.

Thanks for the link, though. I totally forgot that was on tonight!

Also, if anyone's interested in KOFXIII and lives in the Bay Area, there are several arcades that have the game, including Southtown Arcade in San Francisco.

Game looks pretty good in 720p (but I think Blazblue still looks way better).

I can't wait! This game is gorgeous.

Combos look crazy, but not as crazy as other games.

Haha - netcode has got to be good because it sounds like I'm gonna need to play my KoF Mexibros.

How is KoF13 doing in arcades?

Dexa

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
How is KoF13 doing in arcades?
Arcadia July issue Top 10
1. Gundam vs. Gundam Xtreme Versus
2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
3. Blazblue Continuum Shift II
4. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion
5. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
6. King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match