• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Edgeward

Who would make the better anchor guys, Iori or Shen? I know both do well with meter, but I guess Shen does more damage?

I say Shen. Easier combos and his get off me super is good in certain situations. Plus it's what most people do. You see a lot of anchor Shens for a reason.

so far I'm probably going to run Clark and Ash.... I don't know who the put as a 3rd member. and from the two I do know, which order should I play them in?

so far I'm probably going to run Clark and Ash.... I don't know who the put as a 3rd member. and from the two I do know, which order should I play them in?

I'd suggest Clark as your first character and Ash in third position. Which would leave you with the middle spot available, and Hwa Jai is the best choice you can possibly make for that spot.

BadWolf

I'd suggest Clark as your first character and Ash in third position. Which would leave you with the middle spot available, and Hwa Jai is the best choice you can possibly make for that spot.

Ash in 3rd is a bad idea unless your really, really good at his long HD/Sans Coulette combos, his damage output is terrible otherwise.

Did Shen trials 7 and 8 last night. I'm starting to get the hang of his HD combo, and also practicing how to hop in with a jump attack and hit confirm with a standing C. Feels good man.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Actually cancel that, something just came up with my family... I need to take care of this. I'll prob be on later tonight or we can play tomorrow... bleh :(

The guys over at Cafe ID were interviewed by the dream cancel staff and were asked their personal top 5 characters.

Mad KOF : Kim, Shen, and Mr. Karate are considered high-tier characters here. Cafe:Id members just don’t play Mr.Karate because they think he’s not fun to play. Cafe:Id members usually choose fun characters to play, not strong characters. Guts and Verna also chose EX-Iori because he’s fun to play. In this case, EX-Iori is strong as well. KoFXIII is really well balanced. If you put your time and effort into any characters, they can be strong, except Robert and Athena (they just suck…).

My top 5: Mr. Karate, Benimaru , Kim, King, EX-Iori. They’re strong in any order with / without meters. Therefore, I feel that they don’t have counters.

Lacid : Top 5 – Yuri, Kim, Mr.Karate, King, and Shen. They all have strong normal moves and special moves.

Verna: Top 5 – Kim, Chin, Shen, King, ex-Iori. These characters have strong HD combos, mix-ups, and normal moves.

GUTS: Top 5 – Vice, EX-Iori, Kim, Mr.Karate, Saiki. They have strong combos and normal moves.

Pikachu: Top 5 – Chin, Duo Lon, Yuri, Kim, King. They have strong mix-up games.

Kensouzzang: Top 5 – Saiki, Billy, Shen, Vice, Mr.Karate. Strong normal moves, easy to hit confirm, and good combos.

Id’s 1st Man: Top 5 – Mature , Billy, Shen, Yuri, EX-Iori. Strong normals.

Cafe:Id: We feel that the bottom 5 are Athena, Robert, Elisabeth, Ash, and Mai. They need meters to be strong, and they may have some counters.

Rest of the interview is here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really liked that interview :D

Also anyone on psn want to play for a few hours or so? *I suck havent actually played a person yet*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
that's refreshing to read. It's the same philosophy as mine.
They dont give a damn about tier lists.
What surprises me is that they think that Robert is bottom tier while the Mexicans think he is top tier. :0

What surprises me is that they think that Robert is bottom tier while the Mexicans think he is top tier. :0
Apparently the Koreans thought that Billy sucked until they came to the US, if that is the case, I wouldn't put too much weight on their opinions.

OceanBlue

Apparently the Koreans thought that Billy sucked until they came to the US, if that is the case, I wouldn't put too much weight on their opinions.
Wasn't Duo Lon underrated here in the US? I don't think it's fair to take a region's ideas on relative character strength less seriously because they don't agree with yours. They probably don't have anyone that maximizes Billy's strength, like how I don't think there's a Duo Lon here as strong as the ones Korea has.

BadWolf

Which smells of bullshit, tbh.

They have rated him top tier since day one but never ever actually use him.

He's probably the least used character in the entire roster when it comes to tournaments.

Korigama

It does, it being two bars is probably why
That does present a problem (usually not too much of one on my end so far, but there were the occasional points where things froze before resuming like on Mr. Karate's stage). Should we call it a night, or would you like to go for a few more?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That does present a problem (usually not too much of one of my end so far, but there were the occasional points where things froze before resuming like on Mr. Karate's stage). Should we call it a night, or would you like to go for a few more?

Yeah we can keep going. It just froze on the character select screen. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lol stuck on synchronizing again

:( the delay sucks though. I never played games really with the mind set of doing stuff on the spot for what ever and play mostly reactionary so it's messing me up :(

N4Us

Which smells of bullshit, tbh.

They have rated him top tier since day one but never ever actually use him.

He's probably the least used character in the entire roster when it comes to tournaments.

Robert is the most underdeveloped character IMO and I think definitely has some crazy tech a lot of people haven't seen. I played one Robert at EVO who kept pulling these divekick tricks I hadn't seen before.

I think in the end all the other shoto-types just overshadow him.

Also Zero-Black (Chile player in top 16) mentioned his top/bottom 5s to NeoPenny today:

top from zero black from chile top 5: mr karate , ash , kim , kyo flame, exiori bottom5:chin leona robert raiden, kensou

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
And thus ends my first day of playing the game. lol ggs I cant do freaking short jumps on comand online D: nor can I hit confirm anything in this D:

Korigama

GGs. Was good to see another Kula player. Regarding how I super cancelled from Crow Bites C --> Freeze Execution, that requires a shortcut to make possible (HCB, f+C for the motion instead of the usual f,d,df+C for the Crow Bites, then HCB+A or C for the Freeze Execution).

I think in the end all the other shoto-types just overshadow him.

I supposed you meant in terms in overall use, but I'm going to ask anyway, do you think Robert has favorable match-ups against Kyo/Iori (both versions of each)? Players in my area seem to think that's the case and while I don't get much experience against him these days (Robert's underused here as well), I was under that impression too. He seems to have the tools to keep them at mid-range where he's better off.

fauxtrot

Banned
Is anyone playing this on 360? I hear the netcode is ass, but I don't have anyone to play w/ locally. Maybe I'll pick up a PS3 stick this week...

N4Us

I supposed you meant in terms in overall use, but I'm going to ask anyway, do you think Robert has favorable match-ups against Kyo/Iori (both versions of each)? Players in my area seem to think that's the case and while I don't get much experience against him these days (Robert's underused here as well), I was under that impression too. He seems to have the tools to keep them at mid-range where he's better off.

I could see him being favorable against Claw-Iori. Those mixups of his could easily frustrate the character.

Execution is right, this game is killing me.

I'll be trying to get into this since it turns out people in my scene play. Looks like it'll be difficult though. My execution has never been the best.

Execution is right, this game is killing me.

I'll be trying to get into this since it turns out people in my scene play. Looks like it'll be difficult though. My execution has never been the best.

Don't stress yourself. If you keep playing it should get easier within a couple days.

Remember to hold the last direction of your inputs along with the button.

Going to a local tournament tomorrow, will be my first time playing this game in a tournament setting. Been practicing hops and basic combos with my team: Terry, Claw Iori, and Shen. I know and HD combo for Shen but cannot land it consistently. I expect to get bodied but gonna give it my best.

Just got back from that tournament, went 1-2. Sadly only six people entered KoF, and they didn't even finish Grand Finals because it got to late. Surprising MastaCJ was there and he plays KoF. He has a sick EX Kyo, and that's the only character he needed to use.

Top Bottom