• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

I missed like the last third of the exhibition because of Floe and because I had to go to sleep. What was the final score? When I left it was like 15-9 or something like that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah apparently Korea got Bala'd :3

this game looks pretty hype. how is the online? is it worth picking up to primarily play online? i'm a fan of KOF98.. but I haven't played any KOF that's more recent than 2002|

edit: also, PS3 or 360?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
this game looks pretty hype. how is the online? is it worth picking up to primarily play online? i'm a fan of KOF98.. but I haven't played any KOF that's more recent than 2002|

edit: also, PS3 or 360?

As was mentioned just recently in the Evo thread:

up to yours and your other guys ping. i have no problems vs people with good connections. 20 ping or under.

This is the true answer. Most would just say "It sucks!", but it's probably one of the better SNKP netcodes this gen, even if that doesn't say loads :-/

And hopefully, after EVO, the online might revive up for a bit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Presumably it's not good enough to play Americans from the UK or anything?
Online you mean? In your dreams, netcode is quite bad.

Also how about that EVO grand finals huh?

Well as a long time KOF fan, Evo was such a cathartic moment. Such an amazing showcase by everyone at the end with the united KOF chant was the perfect end to the year in KOF XIII. Can't wait to see how everyone responds next.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bleh. Well, thanks anyway. Guess I'll stick to 98 and Garou then. Pity, EVO really hyped me up.

I guess you're not playing those online, eh? Because XIII's Netcode is worlds better than those.

I've had some pretty decent matches VS the occassional UK or Chinese player in XIII, nothing as solid as NGBC was as it's best, but way way better than 98UMs performance. It really is a Ping thing; I've had local (same State) matches that had more detectable lag than US east VS west coast.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I was thinking of MAME/GGPO, as well as a '98 cabinet back where I used to live; I'm well aware the Live/PSN netcode is awful.

Fersis

KOF brought the hype, savior of EVO
For real man.

KOF being the hypest game at Evo? Who could have thought that!? Really it was the best showing possible for the game.
So glad that there was a SNKP dude in the crowd.

LProtag

So is the netcode unplayable? There's no fighting game scene around here at all and I'm just barely able to get my friends to play with me once and a while, so I need online play.

So is the netcode unplayable? There's no fighting game scene around here at all and I'm just barely able to get my friends to play with me once and a while, so I need online play.

Well, not unplayable, but you really need people with 4 bars to play well. Maybe 3 every now and then but that won't be necessarily good.

Wanted to drop by and say that KoF 13 finals were absolutely amazing. From reading many posts on different sites, people are agreeing that KoF had the most hype finals. Hopefully this brings in a lot of new players and prompts SNK to improve the netcode. Seeing the finalists chant "KoF" was awesome. I've only had the game for two months, and it's my first entry into the series, but I'm glad that things are potentially looking better for it.

Wish I could just have more practice time for it =(

I'm still at the level where I need to learn how to hop consistently

Fersis

Atlus sent this mail to a bunch of KOF sites

Nearly a year ago, ATLUS signed on to publish THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII in North America. We were excited to become a part of such a legendary franchise. The title’s quality was readily apparent, a fact further supported by its positive reception in Japanese arcades.

We reached out to the biggest KOF communities around the world, connecting with sites like DreamCancel, Orochinagi, SNK-Capcom, and others. With the help of their fantastic and passionate community organizers, people like Oscar Oyarzabal, Neil Cambre, Alan Francois, and Giby Zia, we were always in the right places at the right times and were able to arrange or participate in numerous events through which to promote the game. We are endlessly thankful for all of the help they offered us, for all of their advice, and for all of their passion. We had some fighting community people on our staff, but there’s no way we could have been able to reach out to the community as effectively as we did without their help.

I was at Evo 2012 this past weekend and left the hall amid chants of “K-O-F.” For anyone who was there, or who watched it online, it was an unforgettable Top 8, and one of the most exciting Grand Finals ever. The air in the ballroom was absolutely electric. For myself, witnessing the rise of THE KING OF FIGHTERS at Evo was a thrill. For the people who’ve been working hard in the KOF community for so many years, it must have been something much more. Truly, it was a moment that couldn’t have come without their dedication.

Congratulations to MadKOF and Bala; their back and forth battle was the epic stuff of legend. While there may have been a winner and a loser when all was said and done, their commitment to leaving it all on that Evo stage ultimately made all of us feel like winners, and further validates those who’ve tirelessly devoted their time and energy to the KOF series.

From all of us at ATLUS: thank you!

Shadow780

Who still plays this game online? My buddy is getting FiOS so I'm helping him setup static ip and DMZ mode, hopefully that helps the issue so we can play online.

BadWolf

Who still plays this game online? My buddy is getting FiOS so I'm helping him setup static ip and DMZ mode, hopefully that helps the issue so we can play online.

I play regularly.

(Ontario, Canada)

One thing I'd like to see is if the multiple hits cause the scaling to go in hard, or is Diamond Edge always unscaled?

Usually when ppl use this in combos its with lots of reps (not just 3 or 4) so overall the combo scales quite a bit, even if you go into HD.

Her cr.Bs into s.B starts low and has better range so for general BnBs and pressure I think its still better.

If you guys are looking for something funky with Kula then try adding an anywhere juggle property to her Neomax by whiff max cancelling her regular super. This way she can even juggle with the Neomax after her regular throw.

BadWolf

How's the population online these days?

Not bad, I set my settings to Any Region and limit connections to 3 bars and above. There are down times (since I'm sure most of the people I'm playing aren't in Canada) but I can often get a match or session going.

Usually just create a room and hit practice or do something else while waiting.

just ordered the game after the EVO hype train...

don't have anyone that will play KOF local with me, so I'll see some of you online I guess haha.

I bought the game at launch and immediately sold it on kijiji because I wanted the CD for nostalgia purposes. My friend saw EVO 2012 and got hyped from the finals. He then proceeded to buy it and then made me rebuy it, so I got it new from EBgames the other day for 29.99.

We are both in Ontario Canada as well.

Xbox 360(IMD1 PK)

I bought the game at launch and immediately sold it on kijiji because I wanted the CD for nostalgia purposes. My friend saw EVO 2012 and got hyped from the finals. He then proceeded to buy it and then made me rebuy it, so I got it new from EBgames the other day for 29.99.

We are both in Ontario Canada as well.

Xbox 360(IMD1 PK)

i'm also in ontario, canada, haha...

I ordered it online from ebgames... so it's going to be a few days before I receive my copy.

Considering that the three of you live in the same city. Why don't the three of you meet offline?

V_Arnold

Hey! I caved in and bought this game, finally.
Our local hungarian fighting scene (XBL) decided to pick this one up - well, it seems like a good alternative for the SSFIV that we have played for so many years now and UMVC3 where basically only two of us remain to seriously play the game.

Quick question: Kula/Athena/Duo Lon or Elisabeth are the characters that I gravitate towards initially. Will they be viable "in the long run", or should I just play instead of worrying about that? :D

Also, if there are some good and still relevant tutorials out there, I would appreciate a few links (yes, I check the OP as well, but maybe it is not as relevant by now than it was at launch, I do not know.) Thank you : )

Also, dem crazy backgrounds!!!! Someone was on drugs, definitely.

Edgeward

Yeah, there are still copies with the cds. Been a trend of a number of Atlus games to still have them even past preorder and launch day.

Top Bottom