• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Earlier than expected!

tumblr_inline_oo0rbtmyq01siwbnr_540.jpg

The west is so lucky to have her and the rest of the team behind the localization.
Really liked the blog, always inspiring hearing about these displays of obsessive passion.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic read. The hmm-hmms always bugged me so I'm legit thrilled about their complete removal. Brittany's the best.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zane -> Zin is like Aeris -> Aerith.

The latter was right all along, and I'm attached to the former, but I'll get over it and accept it... eventually.

Retconning Zane's name this late is dumb, they should have stuck with it and worked around it. Thankfully they didn't do this with a more important character.

Ideally, one of the other big changes would be the basic name on Steam/GOG/Humble being displayed. We’ve always gone with Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC, but I worry names like these as an introductory header may cause confusion among newer fans. I want to someday rename these display names Trails in the Sky First Chapter and Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. We’ll see.

THANK YOU!! I hope this is able to happen, I always thought FC and SC as names were confusing for potential new buyers who might get confused on which version to purchase (is SC a sequel? an updated version? something else?). There' always questions about which game to play first and making it more clear in the title can make a difference.

zakujanai

Can't wait for Joshua's name to be changed to the much more accurate Yoshua.

Seriously though, Zin/Zane bothered them enough to fix but they weren't concerned with getting voice actors to pronounce Reise correctly?

aravuus

Zin sounds like a genie's name

e: oh wait, there's only one Genie who's a djinn. That certainly explains it lmao. I need more coffee.

Gu4n

Zin sounds like a genie's name

e: oh wait, there's only one Genie who's a djinn. That certainly explains it lmao. I need more coffee.
Phonetically it's Jin in Japanese, but Falcom romanised it as Zin. I personally find both Zane and Zin silly names, so I rather have them sticker closer to the source material in that case.

Salt Pale sounds weird, but I'm positive Hatsuu has a very good reason for that.

preta

To add onto the reasoning about Zin/Zane's name being corrected - "Zin" is actually Chinese for "gold". A different character's name, meaning "silver", was not changed.

Jolkien

So is it safe to expect a release date in tonight's stream or I'm setting myself up for disappointment ?

The latest blog was super interesting to read. Big change with Zane name and the fact that she care so much she even went back and changed lines in FC and SC speaks volume that the series is in good hands. (Mandatory begging: Please Ao and Zero someday)

I really wish we could tip a studios, Xseed is one of those I'd pay more for their games in a heartbeat. I guess I'll settle and just buy a few copies on steam or GOG for a few of my friends who are into jRPG but for some reason never jumped in yet despite me pestering them to try. Even with all the great onslaught of jrpg this year I'm still looking to the 3rd the most.

So is it safe to expect a release date in tonight's stream or I'm setting myself up for disappointment ?

"Trails in the Sky the 3rd is coming to PC in English on…a date you’ll find out very, very soon."

"... very, very soon."

It's too late; I've already set myself very high up.

aravuus

"Get excited, you'll find out the date very soon!"

*ff to this evening*

"The moment you've all been waiting is here: tits the third is out on April 15th, 2018!"

Phonetically it's Jin in Japanese, but Falcom romanised it as Zin. I personally find both Zane and Zin silly names, so I rather have them sticker closer to the source material in that case.

Salt Pale sounds weird, but I'm positive Hatsuu has a very good reason for that.

Would've like Jin better myself tbh. I personally think Zane is much better than Zin, too, something about it just bugs me. Zin. Ziiinn zingg zing.

Thoraxes

"Trails in the Sky the 3rd is coming to PC in English on…a date you’ll find out very, very soon."

"... very, very soon."

It's too late; I've already set myself very high up.
I'm assuming mid-May, but they could shock the hell outta me and say next Thursday instead lol

I still remember flipping out when CS2 missed its Fall 2016 release.... by making it into Summer instead :p

Imma drop Persona like a bag of rocks if that happens.

Gu4n

Well , maybe they will at some point
Maybe Kloe, who was originally called Klose. Other than that, XSEED has been pretty faithful to the source material - it was just the problem's with FC's localisation that caused these.

Maybe Elnan, who was intended as Hernán.

I'm glad it finally happened. Zane drove me crazy and is a remnant of FC's bizarre translation issues.

In a series this long, it has to be a headache with stuff like this where you get more context for in-game cultures and regions years and years later.

I just noticed SC is on sale on PSN, tempted to get it but Persona 5 is taking up so much time and I have a ton of other games in May.

Famassu

If any of you play the guitar I recommend checking out this tab of A Cat Relaxing in the Sun (not by me) it's pretty relaxing to play:
https://www.gametabs.net/legend-heroes-trails-in-sky/cat-relaxing-in-sun-0

I took the guitar pro file and exported it into a standard notation score as well since that's what I prefer. Searched online for free pdf host so hopefully this works:
https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/07/a-cat-relaxing-in-the-sun/
Huh, always cool to see Finnish people do shit. That gametabs tab is made by a Finnish person, based on the name given.

Slashlen

The Zane/Zin thing is taking some getting used to, but I support the decision.

I guess the date is probably getting announced in tonight's stream? And considering how close XSEED likes to cut it on notice, I assume I won't be done with P5 by then. I'll still pick it up right away as I'll get to it before there's any chance of a discount, but it's going to sit there for a while. Still better off than my kickstarted copy of CSH I guess...

Nyoro SF

I also support the change. Falcom's romanization can be suspect sometimes, so I hope their writing of "Zin" is correct for reference. I am still aggrieved by the "Elie" spelling.

Also thinking that the date will be announced on the stream. My body is ready. My Steam wallet is ready. My kb/m is ready. My onions are ready.

Top Bottom