• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

omgfloofy

Banned
I've been saying that I expect that the first info for Sen III will come out at December, during the shareholder meeting.

There is a slight possibility of the Sony event on 9/13, but I've seen nothing from Falcom to imply that they'll be doing that. (They announced Celceta and Ys VIII both at Sony events like the one coming up.)

So I guess the big answer I've got is if you don't see Sen III at that event, then it will definitely be mid-late December. Sen I and Sen II were both revealed at the prev. year's meeting.

Stuart444

It's an exciting idea that we (outside of waiting for 3rd/Zero/Ao) will be caught up with the Japanese and can even share in the hype for Sen 3.

preta

As for that second question, (major Ao spoilers, minor The 3rd spoiler)
the Azure Tree is a divine tree hooked up to the septium veins running underneath it to amplify KeA's power. The tree is capable of manipulation everything in the past, present and future. It's said to resemble the original Singularity of the Origin in Arteria.

So the original Singularity is/was a tree? The Singularity of the Origin in 3rd is similar in name only, then?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rean looks older
in that CS3 promo pic.

preta

There's a bit more stuff that comes up in 3rd, re: the Septian Church that leads you to wonder about stuff, then they add a little more in Crossbell. I can give this info, but I'll only ask if you want to know it, since spoilers and stuff.[/spoiler]

Is this about stuff like
Wazy's hometown?
If it's something else I'd like to hear it. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything important in 3rd or Ao before I play CS2.

omgfloofy

Banned
So those that who played all the games, who was the best protag?

I'm torn between Kevin and Lloyd.

Is this about stuff like
Wazy's hometown?
If it's something else I'd like to hear it. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything important in 3rd or Ao before I play CS2.

(Series Spoilers)

On that topic specifically? Not really.... It's more little things that you see in Crossbell and stuff that match some iconography. I think the balanced scales in the Tower of Stargaze there matches the scales of the Gralsritter emblem, for example.

On top of that, there's Ein stating that the Gralsritter are quite a bit older than the church itself. The age stuff from Ein is the biggest part of these discrepancies, and on top of that, there's that growing rift between two of the inner factions of the church. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens with that before the end of the series.

Psxphile

Bull's-eye!

As promised, I'm summarising Akatsuki no Kiseki main story. The game takes place after Zero and deals, at some point, just like the prologue of Ao, with stuff that happened in Zero. Even if you can't read Japanese, there's at least one major Zero spoiler among the gacha units.
I want to personally say I'm very grateful that you're doing this.

As promised, here's a full YouTube playlist of all the (Late game CS spoilers)
school festival dance scenes and conversations.

Enjoy.

Time for some refreshers. I too have a save with all available scenes unlocked and ready to watch but this is much more convenient and time-saving. Thanks!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bull's-eye!

As promised, I'm summarising Akatsuki no Kiseki main story. The game takes place after Zero and deals, at some point, just like the prologue of Ao, with stuff that happened in Zero. Even if you can't read Japanese, there's at least one major Zero spoiler among the gacha units.
Once again, Crossbell characters look the best.

Something about the fashion over there is on point.

zakujanai

Kevin better than Estelle? Another reason to look forward to 3rd then.

Didn't really get that interested in Kevin throughout SC until the very end and that last moment with
Weissman.
Hopefully we'll see more of that side of him.

Lloyd intrigues more, seems quite divisive given the opinions on this thread.

Capndrake

Anybody else got the
airship
(I guess I'll spoiler mark it just in case, but it's been in trailers) in Akatsuki no Kiseki yet? I've made it this far without really being able to read anything, but I could really use some help figuring out what each room does before building any.

Gu4n

Didn't really get that interested in Kevin throughout SC until the very end and that last moment with
Weissman.
Hopefully we'll see more of that side of him.

Lloyd intrigues more, seems quite divisive given the opinions on this thread.
Kevin is quite unique as a protagonist. The things he doesn't say are often more telling than the things he do say. This is already true for SC, but even more so for The 3rd.

zakujanai

Kevin is quite unique as a protagonist. The things he doesn't say are often more telling than the things he do say. This is already true for SC, but even more so for The 3rd.

Seriously excited to see more from him next year. I probably didn't use him as much as I should have because of my Olivier obsession too.

On another note, I've just realised I am an idiot. I bought the Renne nedoroid a few years ago when SC seemed a crazy pipe dream, but it spoiled SC a bit when I finally played it because Renne
was so obviously a baddie since she came with that evil-looking sythe.
Recently I bought Zero and Ao from someone on here that came with mini nenoroids. A couple were main characters I'd seen before, but one was someone called
Arianrhod
(according to the box) and I'm on chapter 5 (of CS) now and this nendo looks an awful lot like
Lianne Sandlot (or the statue at least).
Actually poses more questions than it answers at this point I think.

TL:DR Don't buy kiskeki nendoroids if you don't like spoilers😣

Seriously excited to see more from him next year. I probably didn't use him as much as I should have because of my Olivier obsession too.

On another note, I've just realised I am an idiot. I bought the Renne nedoroid a few years ago when SC seemed a crazy pipe dream, but it spoiled SC a bit when I finally played it because Renne
Recently I bought Zero and Ao from someone on here that came with mini nenoroids. A couple were main characters I'd seen before, but one was someone called
Arrianerhod
(according to the box) and I'm on chapter 5 now and this nendo looks an awful lot like
Arriane Sandlot.

TL:DR Don't buy kiskeki nendoroids if you don't like spoilers😣

I've long learnt that I shouldn't do anything, any superfluous thing at all, related to the games I haven't played if I didn't want spoilers.

Every time I see Kevin's hair I am filled with white-hot fury. I don't care if someone posts a spoiler tagged reason why a person would rip the wig off a treasure troll and glue it in front of their green Kid & Play high top. I have not played the 3rd, so Resources-san doesn't fuckin' know about the metroid-like Pom that attached itself to Kevin's brain through his forehead and gives him special grailsritter powers of whatever.

"Oh you haven't played the 3rd? My sweet summer <stop using this tired ass phrase>. Kevin is simply the best. Not only does he have a palette-swapped Vash the Stampede haircut with the added bonus of an agave hood ornament nailed to his noggin, he shares that same annoying tendency to act like a bumbling charmer while he hides true hidden depths that are suuuuuper seeeerious and daaaaark or something." Meh I say. I will never like him. I will hate-play the 3rd. If the game tries to make me like him, I will just get angrier, like when I was a kid and the Care Bears would stare-shame some dude into some empty euphoria and I was all "this is kind of some fucked up rainbow brainwashing" and I would be asked to leave the room.

Kevin. Fuuuuuuck Kevin. And his stupid snaggletooth. (If that's like his psychic vampire fang or something then...ugghhh...I give up).

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I like Kevin from what I've seen of him in SC. It will take A LOT for me to rank him above Estelle though.

omgfloofy

Banned
My sweet summer <stop using this tired ass phrase>.

oeLxHzh.gif

People actually use that phrase? It sounds like someone trying too hard to sound southern. lol

Gu4n

Every time I see Kevin's hair I am filled with white-hot fury. I don't care if someone posts a spoiler tagged reason why a person would rip the wig off a treasure troll and glue it in front of their green Kid & Play high top. I have not played the 3rd, so Resources-san doesn't fuckin' know about the metroid-like Pom that attached itself to Kevin's brain through his forehead and gives him special grailsritter powers of whatever.

"Oh you haven't played the 3rd? My sweet summer <stop using this tired ass phrase>. Kevin is simply the best. Not only does he have a palette-swapped Vash the Stampede haircut with the added bonus of an agave hood ornament nailed to his noggin, he shares that same annoying tendency to act like a bumbling charmer while he hides true hidden depths that are suuuuuper seeeerious and daaaaark or something." Meh I say. I will never like him. I will hate-play the 3rd. If the game tries to make me like him, I will just get angrier, like when I was a kid and the Care Bears would stare-shame some dude into some empty euphoria and I was all "this is kind of some fucked up rainbow brainwashing" and I would be asked to leave the room.

Kevin. Fuuuuuuck Kevin. And his stupid snaggletooth. (If that's like his psychic vampire fang or something then...ugghhh...I give up).
Oh you haven't played the 3rd? My sweet summer. Kevin is simply the best.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Arrianerhod
(according to the box) and I'm on chapter 5 (of CS) now and this nendo looks an awful lot like
Arriane Sandlot (or the statue at least).

TL:DR Don't buy kiskeki nendoroids if you don't like spoilers&#128547;
Wish you didn't tell me about this, just impulsed purchased a nendoroid puchi Elie/Tio set off amazon

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
People actually use that phrase? It sounds like someone trying too hard to sound southern. lol
It's a Game of Thrones reference. Well, the real quote is "Oh, you sweet summer child". The "summer" bit makes sense in the universe of Westeros, though if you don't know that it probably sounds weird.

omgfloofy

Banned
It's a Game of Thrones reference. Well, the real quote is "Oh, you sweet summer child". The "summer" bit makes sense in the universe of Westeros, though if you don't know that it probably sounds weird.

I've actually heard 'sweet summer child' before GoT. But usually in jest or making fun of southern phrases and stuff. It's really super dated though.

zakujanai

Wish you didn't tell me about this, just impulsed purchased a nendoroid puchi Elie/Tio set off amazon

I got the Elie and Tio from the Ao limited set. The one that seems to be a spoiler came with the Zero Evo edition. It's not the worst spoiler, if anything it's just makes me wish I could understand enough Japanese to play Zero and see why the nendo looks so much like somebody they shouldn't.

I love Falcom merch, got 8 mini nendos and 2 full size but I'd buy so much more of it if I could.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I've actually heard 'sweet summer child' before GoT. But usually in jest or making fun of southern phrases and stuff. It's really super dated though.
Really? Well, I thought it originally came from A Song of Ice and Fire (the novels) which date back to 1996. Summer child = child born during a long summer, who has never known a true winter (Westeros seasons are weird and years-long). But I guess, it also makes some sort of sense for southerners who have never known winter simply because they live in the south or something. xD

Joke's on him. The best part with Kevin, I think, actually isn't in 3rd. ;D
I've only played the games released in English, but there's 2 minutes of SC where he absolutely steals the show
that chilling part where he executes Weissmann with the pillar of salt, and reveals hunting him down was his job.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I got the Elie and Tio from the Ao limited set. The one that seems to be a spoiler came with the Zero Evo edition. It's not the worst spoiler, if anything it's just makes me wish I could understand enough Japanese to play Zero and see why the nendo looks so much like somebody they shouldn't.

I love Falcom merch, got 8 mini nendos and 2 full size but I'd buy so much more of it if I could.
Oh, I meant alerting me to the existence of these things rather than the spoilers lol. I don't really collect figures but the Elie seems like a neat decorative desk/shelf accessory. Probably going to sell/give away the Tio one or something. Also a (zero character)
Rixia
one I kind of want exists too but apparently most of these were made as part of limited edition releases of the games and aren't particularly obtainable anymore.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I started Trails of Cold Steel a few days ago and I'm absolutely hooked! Just went out for my first field study. The gameplay and social system obviously reminds me of Persona 4 Golden which I loved. I reallylike that the combat has a bit more depth and nuance to it. If only the loading was a little more seamless but that must be the Vita pushing to keep up.

I'm also starting to get attached to the characters and the pacing is generally pretty well done to keep me hooked and coming back. Extra props to this game for hooking me in, I tried Trails in the Sky briefly and it didn't quite grab me the way this did.

BTW I notice the game seems pretty adamant about putting Alisa front and centre as the main waifu but I'm all bout Laura. Alisa can fuck right off with dat pretentious bullshit (the Council president can be the side chick and I'll help her with all kinds of favours if you know what I mean but I'm all bout dat royalty at the end of the day)

Finally: Did I have a choice of joining a club? I visited a few on my day off but never got the prompt to join. Instead got suckered into doing tasks for the Student Council and some characters gave me shit about not joining a club.

Aters

Alisa starts with trope, but she gets better later on. Falcom really dropped the ball with that opening. It leaves a bad first impression on the character and the game while in fact the rest of the game doesn't look like that and Alisa stopped being pretentious pretty quick.

Alisa starts with trope, but she gets better later on. Falcom really dropped the ball with that opening. It leaves a bad first impression on the character and the game while in fact the rest of the game doesn't look like that and Alisa stopped being pretentious pretty quick.

She never really gets all the interesting but her family and direct ties to the core conflict are neat

preta

The one that seems to be a spoiler came with the Zero Evo edition. It's not the worst spoiler, if anything it's just makes me wish I could understand enough Japanese to play Zero and see why the nendo looks so much like somebody they shouldn't.

The weirdest part is that that person (the correct spelling is actually
Arianrhod
, by the way) is not even in Zero. At all. I have no why that nendo comes with Zero Evo. Don't be too worried about what you've observed, by the way - you wouldn't learn anything more than that by playing 3rd/Zero/Ao first, so it doesn't really make a difference.

I had a thought, and I can't believe this never occurred to me earlier: Might the (CS1, 3rd)
Realm of the Great Shadow actually exist within Phantasma? Considering the old schoolhouse's obvious ties to Phantasma, it doesn't seem at all implausible. It would perfectly explain the bizarre landscapes in both the dungeon itself and the "final" boss arena.

Young Magus

Joke's on him. The best part with Kevin, I think, actually isn't in 3rd. ;D

Refresh my memory with SC spoilers pls Gu4n.
And what game are you talkin bout floofy?

I've only played the games released in English, but there's 2 minutes of SC where he absolutely steals the show
that chilling part where he executes Weissmann with the pillar of salt, and reveals hunting him down was his job.

Same.
Kevin was already cool with me cuz of SC but the end made me like him more plus I'm a sucker for the Obfuscating Stupidity trope.

I would change my avatar to Kevin but the pic(s) I have in mind are kinda spoilery I think

pure salt

pZoo1.gif

zakujanai

Oh, I meant alerting me to the existence of these things rather than the spoilers lol. I don't really collect figures but the Elie seems like a neat decorative desk/shelf accessory. Probably going to sell/give away the Tio one or something. Also a (zero character)
Rixia
one I kind of want exists too but apparently most of these were made as part of limited edition releases of the games and aren't particularly obtainable anymore.

The Estelle and Renne full size figures are regular releases. As was these mini set that had Renne, Estelle and some blue haired person from Ys in it (never managed to finish any but the first one of those) but with such a vast and varied cast in these games I wish they hadn't doubled down on so many of them.

The weirdest part is that that person (the correct spelling is actually
Arianrhod
, by the way) is not even in Zero. At all. I have no why that nendo comes with Zero Evo. Don't be too worried about what you've observed, by the way - you wouldn't learn anything more than that by playing 3rd/Zero/Ao first, so it doesn't really make a difference.

I did notice the correct spelling on the box after I wrote that but was too lazy to go back and edit. Weird that they packaged her with a game she isn't in. Still excited to find out why she looks like someone else though, however that comes about.

Top Bottom