• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Sitrus

I think Trails does world building amazingly well. The problem, for me, is in how they present it to the player. In both the Sky and Cold Steel duologies (not counting 3rd) there is a formula that is as follows:

-These are the characters you play as. They are new to the world, and a rookie bracer/student.
-These are the super powerful big players in the world. You aspire to be like them.
-Go around and learn about the world. Be reminded you are a fish in a pond by having the more capable characters frequently show up and make you aware of how far the lead characters have to go.
-Once all areas have been visited, the plot REALLY begins.
-Massive, no holds barred end sequence.
-Rinse everything from Game 1. Game 2 now has you repeat Game 1, but you're capable of standing with the big leagues now.

The major issue with this is that the beginning and middle parts feel like you are going around and reading books about the country. It's not even masked a little bit - in Cold Steel you are on literal field studies to learn about the country. There are much more organic ways to introduce the player to the world than having them basically research it before things happen.

Some thoughts about the Crossbell arc and how it's a bit different from the other games.

Spoilers for Crossbell arc structure: WARNING, WALL OF TEXT!

What I like the most about the Crossbell arc is that the main location you visit in the game is the city itself with a few trips to nearby farms, hospitals etc. Most of the game occurs inside the large city and this makes for a very tight narrative. Instead of going around the country like bracers, you are resolving problems within the city and that means learning quite a lot about this place compared to the other games in the series where you learn a bit about these and these places. The game really makes you feel for the city as the main protagonists do, at least for me.

Playing as the police also connects them to the politics of the city and its problems with Erebonia and Calvard competing for influence. You really get to know how little power Crossbell really has and how its just a puppet state for its two neighbours who both claims ownership over it.

As for the plot, it really feels like a mystery or detective novel. Each arc focuses on one or several main characters and gives them development while progressing the main story itself. The development of the city ties directly to the mystery of Lloyds' brother, the pasts of Elie, Tio, Randy and it's just endearing to watch it unfold. Developing the city means developing their plotlines and slowly uncovers the mysteries until the finale exposes most of them in an eventful and fantastic ending.

That we also sees the ending of several plotlines from previous games makes the arc very fulfilling and it made me cry several times while having 3rd in my thoughts.

The pacing is maybe the best of the series and that is maybe due to how every chapter directly and indirectly lead into the climax of the story. You won't notice it, but the game foreshadows the rest of the arc from the first chapter. It's also the game which takes place in a relatively modern setting with the Orbal Network, hacking, databases etc.

The many plot twists and revelations are also very interesting and changes the dynamics between the main characters and other people like their superiors etc. There are betrayals, enemies becoming allies, allies becoming enemies, clashes between mafia, jaegers, assassins.
It has also quite a few very tropey plotlines regarding the mafia and hackers in general, but god, I really love them nevertheless.

The fact that there are only a few characters in your party also lead to better development of them like the first games. The fact that the main characters are tied so deeply to the main plot is also one of its strengths, especially in Zero which also is pretty conclusive, but leaves the door open for a sequel.

A point that is a bit different from the other games is that the main characters have role-models, but in most cases, they are not there. When you need them the most, they are not present, forcing the main characters to act themselves and how the characters overcome that is a delight to watch. There is a reason why "Get Over the Barrier" is one of the main themes of the Crossbell arc, both thematically and musically :)
So XSEED, do us all a favour and release one of the greatest games in the series!

Aters

Some thoughts about the Crossbell arc and how it's a bit different from the other games.

Spoilers for Crossbell arc structure: WARNING, WALL OF TEXT!
So XSEED, do us all a favour and release one of the greatest game in the series!

Perfect summary of Crossbell arc's charm. It also have the best sidequests and the most balanced gameplay.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Welp.

Time to bring my Japanese past a first grade level.

Aaarrrggghhhhhh

The Crossbell arc sounds so amazing
It is, that why so many was disappointed with CS1, not that CS1 was bad but Trails have been amazing so far and fan expectation was high. However, the high of CS2 won't be possible without CS so IDK.... Maybe it's the correct move after all? I do hope Sony can step in and help with the Trails EVO games in the West too, the Asian translations won't be possible without Sony and I feel that whatever issues with the parties involved can be resolved by Sony
and a small bag of cash

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll start worrying about Crossbell if we pass the nine year mark since its release. Sky SC took that long.

Gaius is a super-dodger. Once I missed scanning a mob during a boss battle and decided to just commit suicide by never attacking. Everybody died except Gaius, who killed the boss instead through dodge-countering.

And that's an interesting comparison with the Sky casts. On the flip side, Sky's setting is super dull.

I think that's less Gaius and more his really useful Master Quartz which I have on Rean who dodges a whole bunch. At this point I just keep Scepter on Gaius and swap him in on the +Sepith battle bonus since most of his attacks multi-hit. I kinda miss farming Sepiths with Aerial.

Bladenic

I think that's less Gaius and more his really useful Master Quartz which I have on Rean who dodges a whole bunch. At this point I just keep Scepter on Gaius and swap him in on the +Sepith battle bonus since most of his attacks multi-hit. I kinda miss farming Sepiths with Aerial.

Yeah Falco is great because Insight is the best status in the game. Gaius does have 2 wind slots like Fie so he could easily be turned into a dodge tank as well.

Gu4n

I wouldn't worry about the Crossbell as long as Hatsuu is working at XSEED. We all have our duties to fulfill: we have to keep buying/make friends buy Trails games, Hatsuu will take care of the rest.

It will all be alright.

I wouldn't worry about the Crossbell as long as Hatsuu is working at XSEED. We all have our duties to fulfill: we have to keep buying/make friends buy Trails games, Hatsuu will take care of the rest.

It will all be alright.

Yeah the moment they announced Sky TC I felt Zero/Ao would find a way over here. Nayua may only have a questionable fan translation but since I doubt they'll bother to bring it over at least we do have access to an English version of it.

Gu4n

Yeah the moment they announced Sky TC I felt Zero/Ao would find a way over here. Nayua may only have a questionable fan translation but since I doubt they'll bother to bring it over at least we do have access to an English version of it.
That's some good thinking. The 3rd was originally marketed as 'the way to Zero' and of course XSEED is very well aware of that.

It will all be alright.
Hey, I waited for the US release for CS and CS2 when I can easily play the Asian Chinese version of the game so I hope I helped. Tbh, fans of the series in Asia will choose to buy the Asian release most if the time since they are out very soon after the Japan version. Have YS8 even been announced for the West yet?

Thoraxes

Hey, I waited for the US release for CS and CS2 when I can easily play the Asian Chinese version of the game so I hope I helped. Tbh, fans of the series in Asia will choose to buy the Asian release most if the time since they are out very soon after the Japan version. Have YS8 even been announced for the West yet?

No, though I would imagine that the PS4 version is not entirely unrelated to that.

It will all be alright.
I'm buying multiple copies of each release, all the DLC. Anything and everything.

I believe in Hatsuu.

thematic

is there any guide / story translation for Zero/Ao?
I'd like to know Crossbell arc more since ToCS II got a few references to the event in there.

It will all be alright.

Yeah, I feel like the release of the 3rd makes Crossbell localizations likely. There's obviously still some issues to work with regarding the PC versions, but I think the will is definitely there to get things done.

It might take some time, but I think we'll get to see them released eventually.

SolVanderlyn

I'd like to know Crossbell arc more since ToCS II got a few references to the event in there.
I'm sure there are synopsis of both stories floating around, but here's what the Cold Steel games reference directly and thus sort of indirectly spoil about those games: (SPOILERS FOR ALL COLD STEEL GAMES, BUT NOT FOR ZERO/AO BEYOND WHAT THE EREBONIA GAMES TELL YOU)

-Lloyd Bannings is a policeman/detective working for the Crossbell police. He is the protagonist of those games. His brother was a detective.

-The Red Constellation, the jaegars that were rivals with Zephyr, are a group of jaegars dealt with in Zero/Ao.

-Arios MacLane is a Bracer with the Crossbell branch and uses the same sword style as Rean. Sara and Toval mention him after the Garrelia incident in the first game, although not by name.

-The weapon that destroyed Garrelia is a major part of the Zero/Ao games.

-The Azure Tree is a major part of Ao, and appears towards the end of that game. Ouroboros is doing their thing over there.

-Lechter Arundel may be Erebonian, but he's playing a major role in those games for most of the Cold Steel story. He's an antagonist in Zero/Ao.

-The West Zemurian Trade Conference mentioned in Cold Steel I is a major plot point of Ao. Gideon dies here.

-The Purple somethingorother mentioned in the Crossbell side story is the weapon that destroyed Garrelia Fortress. I'm pretty sure it's kept vague on purpose.

I think that's everything.

Gu4n

Yotaka has written one for Zero, but it's spread over several forum posts. I'm working on an in-depth one for Ao right now, but only completed the Prologue and Chapter 1 so far. I'll drop a link in this thread when we've uploaded them on the Kiseki Wiki. :)

preta

I'm sure there are synopsis of both stories floating around, but here's what the Cold Steel games reference directly and thus sort of indirectly spoil about those games: (SPOILERS FOR ALL COLD STEEL GAMES, BUT NOT FOR ZERO/AO BEYOND WHAT THE EREBONIA GAMES TELL YOU)

-Lloyd Bannings is a policeman/detective working for the Crossbell police. He is the protagonist of those games. His brother was a detective.

-The Red Constellation, the jaegars that were rivals with Zephyr, are a group of jaegars dealt with in Zero/Ao.

-Arios MacLane is a Bracer with the Crossbell branch and uses the same sword style as Rean. Sara and Toval mention him after the Garrelia incident in the first game, although not by name.

-The weapon that destroyed Garrelia is a major part of the Zero/Ao games.

-The Azure Tree is a major part of Ao, and appears towards the end of that game. Ouroboros is doing their thing over there.

-Lechter Arundel may be Erebonian, but he's playing a major role in those games for most of the Cold Steel story. He's an antagonist in Zero/Ao.

-The West Zemurian Trade Conference mentioned in Cold Steel I is a major plot point of Ao. Gideon dies here.

-The Purple somethingorother mentioned in the Crossbell side story is the weapon that destroyed Garrelia Fortress. I'm pretty sure it's kept vague on purpose.

I think that's everything.

Some of these are incorrect.

Lechter is not an antagonist in Zero/Ao.

It's not 100% confirmed that Gideon dies at the West Zemurian Trade Conference. It's strongly implied in CS1, but his Japanese voice actors are different in CS1 and Ao Evolution. The Evolution games do often have inconsistencies with regard to voice acting, however, so this could mean nothing.

The "purple devil" is not the same weapon as the one that destroyed Garrelia Fortress.

The Red Constellation and the weapon that destroyed Garrelia Fortress both only come up in Ao.

SolVanderlyn

Lechter is not an antagonist in Zero/Ao.

It's not 100% confirmed that Gideon dies at the West Zemurian Trade Conference. It's strongly implied in CS1, but his Japanese voice actors are different in CS1 and Ao Evolution. The Evolution games do often have inconsistencies with regard to voice acting, however, so this could mean nothing.

The "purple devil" is not the same weapon as the one that destroyed Garrelia Fortress.

The Red Constellation and the weapon that destroyed Garrelia Fortress both only come up in Ao.
Hmmm, I was almost sure the Purple Devil was it. Now I'm really interested in what that weapon could be...

I'm quite certain it's actually explicitly stated rather than just implied. Of course, the information itself could be incorrect.

preta

I'm quite certain it's actually explicitly stated rather than just implied. Of course, the information itself could be incorrect.
About that -
we see a terrorist that LOOKS like Gideon (in armor and helmet) die onscreen. The question is more whether or not that was Gideon. However, I seem to recall Kondo refusing to answer whether Gideon was dead or not in an interview. I might be remembering this incorrectly, however.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hope my purchases have helped nudge XSEED to potentially translate more.

In the last month

I bought

Trails in the Sky FC
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails of Cold Steel 1: Lionheart (PS3)
Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3)

and I already owned TitS FC on PSP UMD at launch and Vita Digital.

I had Trails of Cold Steel 1: Lionheart (Vita) from when it got released, but realized I'd probably rather play it on PS3 instead. Would have probably opted for a PC version if it was out and I might regret not waiting until I'm done with SC and the PC versions might be out.

Also I bought a bunch of Senran Kagura games recently.

Nyoro SF

I hope my purchases have helped nudge XSEED to potentially translate more.

In the last month

I bought

Trails in the Sky FC
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails of Cold Steel 1: Lionheart (PS3)
Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3)

and I already owned TitS FC on PSP UMD at launch and Vita Digital.

I had Trails of Cold Steel 1: Lionheart (Vita) from when it got released, but reliezed I'd probably rather play it on PS3 instead. Would have probably opted for a PC version if it was out and I might regret not waiting until I'm done with SC and the PC versions might be out.

Also I bought a bunch of Senran Kagura games recently.

That's pretty much the best of what a fan can do for this series other than buying games for other people or "evangelizing". :p

I too am hoping for a Cold Steel PC release, I would happily rebuy the games. And it makes it much easier to gift to other people too.

Yup. Every set of 4 purchased makes the decision to set aside time and money to do them all the more, well, sane from what I've heard from them. :p

And yah, this place is a minefield for even us 4/7 folks. :O

All we can hope for is that continued long tail sales make translating Zero/Ao make sense for XSEED. The series seems to have reached a place where it sells relatively well, so here's hoping on that front. I have optimism.

duckroll

All we can hope for is that continued long tail sales make translating Zero/Ao make sense for XSEED. The series seems to have reached a place where it sells relatively well, so here's hoping on that front. I have optimism.

Probably entirely has to do with the sales of 3rd. If the release of 3rd doesn't increase series sales and the entry itself tanks harder than SC, they will likely just sit and wait for CS3. If they see potential though, they will likely start work on Zero and Ao immediately since 2017 will be the first time XSEED has no announced Trails game to work on since FC was announced.

Probably entirely has to do with the sales of 3rd. If the release of 3rd doesn't increase series sales and the entry itself tanks harder than SC, they will likely just sit and wait for CS3. If they see potential though, they will likely start work on Zero and Ao immediately since 2017 will be the first time XSEED has no announced Trails game to work on since FC was announced.

I'd say that more than the sales of the 3rd in particular, it will depend on how the whole series sells after the 3rd comes out.

When SC launched, it had underwhelming sales (although it's kept up at it and it's sales are getting better), but it had a big impact on FC's sales, boosting it by a lot.

If the 3rd comes out and sees somewhat slow sales, but FC and SC sell really well in the wake of its release, then I think that would probably be good enough for them to continue.

Hikami

I've been replaying Trails in the Sky with the Evolution port on Vita. Still need to look up some kanji every now and then but I'm really surprised at how much better my Japanese has gotten since the last time I tried a text heavy Japanese game.

About the game itself, I still don't like the updated art but I do love the voice acting. It makes up for the lack of expressive portraits with that.

duckroll

I'd say that more than the sales of the 3rd in particular, it will depend on how the whole series sells after the 3rd comes out.

When SC launched, it had underwhelming sales (although it's kept up at it and it's sales are getting better), but it had a big impact on FC's sales, boosting it by a lot.

If the 3rd comes out and sees somewhat slow sales, but FC and SC sell really well in the wake of its release, then I think that would probably be good enough for them to continue.

Yes that's what I meant. But it is all related to 3rd. If 3rd manages to increase series sales throughout, it is a good sign. If it doesn't then it's pretty much over unless Falcom announces PS4 remasters for Zero and Ao. 3rd is important because it is a PC only release. This reflects the reality that if Zero and Ao were to be worked on in 2017, it would be for the PC versions (and I really hope there aren't terrible technical issues with the China only Ao release). Even if Cold Steel 1-2 sold great, that wouldn't increase our hopes of Zero and Ao because there isn't a viable platform since XSEED claims they cannot afford the Evo games. Lol.

Aters

I've been replaying Trails in the Sky with the Evolution port on Vita. Still need to look up some kanji every now and then but I'm really surprised at how much better my Japanese has gotten since the last time I tried a text heavy Japanese game.

About the game itself, I still don't like the updated art but I do love the voice acting. It makes up for the lack of expressive portraits with that.

I haven't met one single person who prefers the new art. Makes me wonder why they did it in the first place. To make the first five games look more coherent? Then why did they change the artist for CS?

duckroll

I haven't met one single person who prefers the new art. Makes me wonder why they did it in the first place. To make the first five games look more coherent? Then why did they change the artist for CS?

Falcom doesn't develop the Evo games. They are licensed to Kadokawa, and Kadokawa had their own ideas of how to improve the games for a higher end system. That includes redoing the artwork completely, but in doing so they didn't want to spend that much on having varied expressions.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Frankly, I'm still amazed that we've got 4 of these games in the West, with 3rd on the way. These games are so absurdly dense that I just find that fact kinda unbelievable.

Would be great to get Zero and Ao someday, but for now, I guess all I can do is support whatever does come out and hope XSEED can eventually justify the effort.

Nyoro SF

Zero no Kiseki Prologue

This game introduced the main cast VERY quickly. I guess they wanted it to feel like a rookie joining and make it so you learn more about your teammates on missions and didn't want to waste time on long introductory sequences. Pretty smart.

Also Is it just me, or is this Arios Maclaine or however you spell his name mighty suspicious? Heard us from above a manhole my ass.

Hell, even Lloyd comments about how it's strange that he was able to hear us and came to the rescue. Thankfully Lloyd is not a moron.

Plus the intro to the game made him look super villainous with his back turned. I feel like the game is kind of beating me over the head that he's evil, but... well, we'll see. Maybe I should stop watching Kiseki intro videos. lol

Really fun game so far, unbelievably amazing soundtrack. The opening music video theme music is pure hype. And the characters are all great too. Go Randy! lol

Thoraxes

So, chances of (Ending of Cold Steel II Spoilers)
Osborne being a vampire?
Or maybe everyone already kind of agrees with this and I missed that conversation? A lot of things point to it,
like the train scene in CS1, or the fact that he didn't die. I don't know what the Erebonian version of one would be, but i'd guess that he fits it.

I mean, out of all the books about the
folklore of Erebonia, that basically seems to be the only thing that really hasn't manifested yet, outside of faries (that I know of).
Rean being
mixed would mean that his power comes from that half too. Also makes me wonder who his mom is.

preta

So, chances of (Ending of Cold Steel II Spoilers)
Osborne being a vampire?
Or maybe everyone already kind of agrees with this and I missed that conversation? A lot of things point to it,
like the train scene in CS1, or the fact that he didn't die. I don't know what the Erebonian version of one would be, but i'd guess that he fits it.

I mean, out of all the books about the
folklore of Erebonia, that basically seems to be the only thing that really hasn't manifested yet, outside of faries (that I know of).
Rean being
mixed would mean that his power comes from that half too. Also makes me wonder who his mom is.

I think Osborne has some sort of power, because of the train scene and also because he was immediately able to tell it was Crow who shot him, but I hadn't thought about him being a vampire. I'll have to re-read Red Moon Rose. However, it's most likely that he actually did die and was revived. Consider this: Zephyr are working towards trying to revive their dead boss, and the Steel/Lance Maiden is alive now, despite seemingly dying 250 years ago.

SC spoilers
I think Rean's power is based in Divergent Laws, personally. McBurn explicitly confirms that his are, and they're shown as being similar to Rean's. Additionally, the scene where Rean channels his power to Valimar's sword to cut through the spirit barrier reminds me a lot of the scene where Loewe uses Kernviter to cut through Weissmann's barrier. Recall that he was only able to do this because Kernviter was forged through Divergent Laws.

Thoraxes

I think Osborne has some sort of power, because of the train scene and also because he was immediately able to tell it was Crow who shot him, but I hadn't thought about him being a vampire. I'll have to re-read Red Moon Rose. However, it's most likely that he actually did die and was revived. Consider this: Zephyr are working towards trying to revive their dead boss, and the Steel/Lance Maiden is alive now, despite seemingly dying 250 years ago.

SC spoilers
I think Rean's power is based in Divergent Laws, personally. McBurn explicitly confirms that his are, and they're shown as being similar to Rean's. Additionally, the scene where Rean channels his power to Valimar's sword to cut through the spirit barrier reminds me a lot of the scene where Loewe uses Kernviter to cut through Weissmann's barrier. Recall that he was only able to do this because Kernviter was forged through Divergent Laws.

Ah yeah, those are also very good observations too! With regards to (End of CS II spoilers)
Sandlot and the Zephyr boss being resurrected, i'm really curious as to how all of that will play out too. With Sandlot, I was theorizing that the reason Lohengrin's Rose Door was inactive was because maybe she was an Awakener as well, and still has the link with her Divine Knight. I think it was pretty clear that Lohengrin wasn't a Zemurian ore spirit shrine. Of course we still don't know the specifics of what happened after the war, or how Dreichels sealed Valimar back at the school, but if Sandlot never died and was close with him, perhaps there's a chance that maybe she was/still is an Awakener. Or maybe that Divine Knight was never re-sealed (how does that process happen?).

I know this slightly conflicts with the process that they are always destined to be drawn to each other but maybe that's for the ones that actually awake in each era of conflict, and not just the ones that are active. There's still more i'd like to know about the War of the Lions, and I feel like that will be touched on in the next game.

I too am going to give Red Moon Rose another read.

Also with regards to the Divergent Laws, that would help explain why McBurn cut Emma off mid-sentence in the Infernal Castle too. There's likely more to that that i'm hoping to find out more about

preta

Ah yeah, those are also very good observations too! With regards to (End of CS II spoilers)
Sandlot and the Zephyr boss being resurrected, i'm really curious as to how all of that will play out too. With Sandlot, I was theorizing that the reason Lohengrin's Rose Door was inactive was because maybe she was an Awakener as well, and still has the link with her Divine Knight. I think it was pretty clear that Lohengrin wasn't a Zemurian ore spirit shrine. Of course we still don't know the specifics of what happened after the war, or how Dreichels sealed Valimar back at the school, but if Sandlot never died and was close with him, perhaps there's a chance that maybe she was/still is an Awakener. Or maybe that Divine Knight was never re-sealed (how does that process happen?).

I know this slightly conflicts with the process that they are always destined to be drawn to each other but maybe that's for the ones that actually awake in each era of conflict, and not just the ones that are active. There's still more i'd like to know about the War of the Lions, and I feel like that will be touched on in the next game.

I too am going to give Red Moon Rose another read.

Also with regards to the Divergent Laws, that would help explain why McBurn cut Emma off mid-sentence in the Infernal Castle too. There's likely more to that that i'm hoping to find out more about

McBurn doesn't just cut her off - he cuts her off, then confirms that she's correct.

As for wanting to know more about the War of the Lions, have you read the Black Records? That's what they're about. I don't remember anything about Dreichels sealing Valimar himself, only Testa-Rossa. Where are you getting that from?

Thoraxes

McBurn doesn't just cut her off - he cuts her off, then confirms that she's correct.

As for wanting to know more about the War of the Lions, have you read the Black Records? That's what they're about. I don't remember anything about Dreichels sealing Valimar himself, only Testa-Rossa. Where are you getting that from?

(CS2 End spoilers)
Ah yeah you're right. I just re-checked my playthrough and saw the scene again. He just stopped her from elaborating further.

Black Records are in NG+, correct? I planned on starting that run in about a month or so to go through all of that and get the Platinum trophy too. Very interested in reading those.

Annnnd I used poor wording there. I guess I was just referring to the fact that I don't know what happens to the Divine Knights after their Awakener dies. I assumed it was put in stasis or something due to how you find Valimar in CS1, and that since it was at the school Dreichels founded, it would've been him that stored Valimar.

TR_

Zero no Kiseki Prologue

This game introduced the main cast VERY quickly. I guess they wanted it to feel like a rookie joining and make it so you learn more about your teammates on missions and didn't want to waste time on long introductory sequences. Pretty smart.

Also Is it just me, or is this Arios Maclaine or however you spell his name mighty suspicious? Heard us from above a manhole my ass.

Hell, even Lloyd comments about how it's strange that he was able to hear us and came to the rescue. Thankfully Lloyd is not a moron.

Plus the intro to the game made him look super villainous with his back turned. I feel like the game is kind of beating me over the head that he's evil, but... well, we'll see. Maybe I should stop watching Kiseki intro videos. lol

Really fun game so far, unbelievably amazing soundtrack. The opening music video theme music is pure hype. And the characters are all great too. Go Randy! lol

Which version are you playing? The psp intro wasn't that bad but the evo OPs has ton of spoilers. Zeros Evo OP was okay but the Ao evo OP pretty much spoil the whole game.

Nyoro SF

Which version are you playing? The psp intro wasn't that bad but the evo OPs has ton of spoilers. Zeros Evo OP was okay but the Ao evo OP pretty much spoil the whole game.

I'm playing the PSP version. My Japanese has gotten much better, so even when Falcom throws super complicated Japanese or when Tio says anything at all, I have a chance of understanding it.

Tio's a fantastic character by the way. Everything out of her mouth to cut people off who do outlandish things is gold. Plus she has a really fun design overall.

I only plan on playing the PSP versions for now. Also holy shit this Chapter 1 intro, I almost fell out of my chair.

preta

I'm playing the PSP version. My Japanese has gotten much better, so even when Falcom throws super complicated Japanese or when Tio says anything at all, I have a chance of understanding it.

Tio's a fantastic character by the way. Everything out of her mouth to cut people off who do outlandish things is gold. Plus she has a really fun design overall.

I only plan on playing the PSP versions for now. Also holy shit this Chapter 1 intro, I almost fell out of my chair.

Please post play-by-play impressions when you get to chapter 4 of Ao.

And yeah, Tio's amazing. So is Randy.

TR_

You should look for a video of the evo version since Falcom hired a lot of famous seiyuu to voice the main characters. A lot of the scenes where Lloyd goes full shounen is much better due to his VA. The only downside to the VA is that Randy's voice sounds like he's whispering in some of his big scenes I think they messed up his voice mixing.

Top Bottom