• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

Dragnet

I got my copy today from Best Buy and started playing. My 5 year old son knew I was excited for this game and he asked to watch so of course I said he could. His bedtime rolled around (it is a school night afterall) so I paused the game to tuck him in. He looks me straight in the eye and asks if we can play more tomorrow so I said of course, we own it so we can play anytime. I turn to leave his room and I hear, "Dad?" I turn around and ask, "Yeah?" "Can you not play anymore tonight without me? I want to see what happens to Trico." I smiled and said, "Of course." I go back to my paused game, select return to title and close out of it.

This is so touching!

dracula_x

papercraft Trico :)

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/805959350107795457
OrZiCN4.png

UP4HdG2.png

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I got my copy today from Best Buy and started playing. My 5 year old son knew I was excited for this game and he asked to watch so of course I said he could. His bedtime rolled around (it is a school night afterall) so I paused the game to tuck him in. He looks me straight in the eye and asks if we can play more tomorrow so I said of course, we own it so we can play anytime. I turn to leave his room and I hear, "Dad?" I turn around and ask, "Yeah?" "Can you not play anymore tonight without me? I want to see what happens to Trico." I smiled and said, "Of course." I go back to my paused game, select return to title and close out of it.

Well done. My son has asked me before if I'd wait for him to be around (or awake) before continuing a game and I always oblige. He is 10 now so wondering if he might want to play this one himself once I get the pro (and this game).

orAQD.gif

Honestly a much bigger deal than Final Fantasy 15. We were always going to get another Final Fantasy. But this game right here was a once in a lifetime kinda thing. Crazy we are finally here.

Azzanadra

Ya done good.

#thankyoubasedueda

I was gonna wait to buy this game, specially since I JUST BOUGHT PSVR, but fuck it, I preordered this today, along with until dawn rush of blood and batman PSVR and paid only 64 bucks for 3 games at Besbtuy after GCU and the B2GO free promo. Time to put my psvr aside and enjoy this masterpiece. God Bless Trico!

Dr.Acula

Banned
When they unveiled FFVII, Shenmue 3, and TLG during the 2015 E3 I made this gif of GAF's reactions.

C7UnnxX.gif

Crazy to think the first of these games is now out.

Dragnet

I was gonna wait to buy this game, specially since I JUST BOUGHT PSVR, but fuck it, I preordered this today, along with until dawn rush of blood and batman PSVR and paid only 64 bucks for 3 games at Besbtuy after GCU and the B2GO free promo. Time to put my psvr aside and enjoy this masterpiece. God Bless Trico!

You just bought 3 really, really awesome games that all deliver their goods in amazing ways. Way to go bro!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You done good man. Love reading stuff like this. Play this game with your kids if you got em! Trust me when I say this will be etched into their memory and that is a good thing. :)

The soundtrack. The one thing I haven't really sampled and I'm so excited for it.

My cloud core headset comes Thursday. Should I wait? :D

Aspiring

So beautiful! I hope my 5 year old enjoys it as much as yours. He knows we are going tomorrow to pick it up and has seen all the ads on TV and youtube and he really wants to see it. Would be so nice if we could enjoy it together!

Raiden

Banned

That is awesome man, really!

I have this thing with my girlfriend and The Last of Us. I know its not as touching as your situation but it feels great to share something you love with someone you love!

Hmm...

So after playing for about an hour, it's fun but the camera is definitely less than Stellar.

Really beautiful looking game and great music so far though. :)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One thing I think this game actually has in its favor is its all ages factor. I'm sure there are some scary and/or violent parts from the snippets I've read but otherwise it sounds like something a parent could play with their child, even younger ones or even watch them play themselves. In general it seems like that rare game that can have non gamers even wanting to sit down and watch as you explore this beautiful mysterious world with this giant adorable creature.

dreamfall

My copy is on the way! This year has been plenty difficult, I'm just so happy we get to play this game. I'm so fucking grateful.

Dreez

LOL I ordered this game a long time ago and forgot about it. Was probably gonna get it down the line, but nope guess I'm playing it tomorrow!!!!

ps+ cloud saves bruh

Bluecondor

Your post was very moving. I lost my 13 year-old cat to cancer a few years ago, and the wounds are still sore. I hope I can handle this game.

Aw - I can definitely empathize with you. While it will be draining at points, I love the idea that your relationship to Trico is like that of a boy and his pet. Given the type of loss that we experienced, I feel like this game will mean a lot because it is a tribute to the deep bond that we still have with them.

This game coming out really holds a special meaning for me.

My mother is not a video game fan by ANY stretch of the imagination, but the one game she did love was SOTC.
I played it for her all those years back when it first came out and she loved the scenery, art, music, LOVED riding the horse, puzzles etc.
Over the years she would always ask if they were ever making a new one.

Earlier this year she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer (non curable). Shes on constant pain meds right now but still in good spirits.
We dont know how much time she has left but shes stil able to get around a little.
Tomorrow im going to bring her over and surprise her so we can enjoy this experience together and play one last time.

Thank you to the creators of this game.

Salaadin

My mother is not a video game fan by ANY stretch of the imagination, but the one game she did love was SOTC.
I played it for her all those years back when it first came out and she loved the scenery, art, music, LOVED riding the horse, puzzles etc.

Earlier this year she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer (non curable). Shes on constant pain meds right now but still in good spirits.
We dont know how much time she has left but shes stil able to get around a little.
Tomorrow im going to bring her over and surprise her so we can enjoy this experience together and play one last time.

This is really nice

I need to leave this thread before I start cutting onions again.. God bless you and your mother man.

Thought this was gonna end with you saying "of course" and then going back and playing like 3 hours straight lmao.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

I hope you enjoy your precious moments with you mother especially when playing this game tomorrow.
Forget the damn game, I need tissues for this thread.

Haines

Banned
I'm genuinely frustrated that Ueda's first two games aren't on PS4. There's really nothing I want more than all three of his games on the platform. Hopefully Bluepoint is given the opportunity to port over their incredible set of remasters to the system someday.

Are the remaster any good. I have a ps3 and never played his first two games.

Maybe if this sells well we will see them ported to a 4k mode on pro?

He's probably not THIS detailed, but I wonder if trico pants after running a lot.

Or I wonder if he does that adorable thing dogs so where they look at your sideways and stare off somewhere else.

The fact that trico tilts his head though 🙈🙈

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Are the remaster any good. I have a ps3 and never played his first two games.

Maybe if this sells well we will see them ported to a 4k mode on pro?
The remasters are great! Well worth your time if you already have a PS3.

He's probably not THIS detailed, but I wonder if trico pants after running a lot.

Or I wonder if he does that adorable thing dogs so where they look at your sideways and stare off somewhere else.

The fact that trico tilts his head though ����
Knowing Ueda, most likely yes to all of this and then some. The little details in the animations will make this game soo damn special.

Top Bottom