• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

FuturusX

My collectors edition hasn't shipped yet but is still guaranteed to get here by 8pm tomorrow.

giphy.gif

I went physical (collectors edition) and digital for this very reason. Once in a genaration.

N30RYU

Are there any youtube links to the two dynamic themes included in the digital game???

I hope they are great... the Ico and SOTC ones for PS3 were one of the best dynamic themes for ps3.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My Amazon CE shipped this morning and is in my state now but will most likely be delivered by 8PM tom. UPS, y u do dis!? ;_;

Bronx-Man

Banned
I got my copy today from Best Buy and started playing. My 5 year old son knew I was excited for this game and he asked to watch so of course I said he could. His bedtime rolled around (it is a school night afterall) so I paused the game to tuck him in. He looks me straight in the eye and asks if we can play more tomorrow so I said of course, we own it so we can play anytime. I turn to leave his room and I hear, "Dad?" I turn around and ask, "Yeah?" "Can you not play anymore tonight without me? I want to see what happens to Trico." I smiled and said, "Of course." I go back to my paused game, select return to title and close out of it.

This game coming out really holds a special meaning for me.

My mother is not a video game fan by ANY stretch of the imagination, but the one game she did love was SOTC.
I played it for her all those years back when it first came out and she loved the scenery, art, music, LOVED riding the horse, puzzles etc.
Over the years she would always ask if they were ever making a new one.

Earlier this year she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer (non curable). Shes on constant pain meds right now but still in good spirits.
We dont know how much time she has left but shes stil able to get around a little.
Tomorrow im going to bring her over and surprise her so we can enjoy this experience together and play one last time.

Thank you to the creators of this game.
5DF5C933-619B-427F-8092-9D51B404C581.gif

This thread is giving me feels and the game ain't even out yet.

We made it boys & girls. Ueda about to bless us again.
These emotional and touching stories really are a testament to Ueda's games and vision. That their appeal can cross generations and ages, and influence and affect people's lives like that

Thread only has 9 pages while FFXV has like 400+ combined lol.

Gonna play an hour of it once it unlocks then head to bed for work tomorrow...

That recap of events from 2007 till now, what a journey it has been. And I hope this isn't the last of what we see from Ueda and team Ico.

L95

Wow, mine hasn't even shipped yet and I ordered it back on June 14th. If I don't get my Collectors Edition.

I ordered it the same time you did, I only did 2 day shipping, despite this the tracking estimates it to be here on Wednesday... (which is early, it originally said Thursday, I feel bad for people who haven't even had theirs ship yet)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

The scale and size difference between both games mean there will be a lot more conversation going on about FF XV because of the variety of systems, items, etc than the more laser focused TLG.

This is a weird comparison. Ffxv was released about last week ago and is released on two platforms while tlg just got released yesterday.

Anyway pewdiepie has just uploaded part 1 of his tlg playthrough

Okay wow that opening theme is amazing

Was gonna ask for the NES Classic for Christmas, but because obvious circumstances I might ask for this instead. Can't wait to try it!

Just finished playing the game for a couple hours or so. :)

Game is awesome. Definitely has that ICO feel. I'm just glad gripping onto Trico isn't like Shadow of the Colossus. lol.

Beautiful music, nice scenary. Like I said before Camera is less than perfect and controls feel in line with the previous games.

Loving it so far though. Hope you all do as well. :)

Oh and the Bond with Trico is already full of feels! The relationship is already amazing and brings to mind another terrific one with a Pet of mine. <3

Can't wait to play more.

Haines

Banned
Just finished playing the game for a couple hours or so. :)

Game is awesome. Definitely has that ICO feel. I'm just glad gripping onto Trico isn't like Shadow of the Colossus. lol.

Beautiful music, nice scenary. Like I said before Camera is less than perfect and controls feel in line with the previous games.

Loving it so far though. Hope you all do as well. :)

I found i needed to stop fighting with the camera stick and try to just go with the flow more. So used to controlling the camera but this game feels like it doesn't want me to.

I found i needed to stop fighting with the camera stick and try to just go with the flow more. So used to controlling the camera but this game feels like it doesn't want me to.

Yeah that's a good point. Although I'm gonna miss a lot of cute Trico expressions if I don't though. :(

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm picking my copy up tomorrow. Have fun everyone. I may bail out till I pick it up and play it myself and avoid any unintentional spoilers.

Great OT! Can't wait to finally play this, just need to beat FFXV first. Still can't believe this and FFXV are actually out and playable now; feels so surreal, haha

Carnby

I'm so tempted to wait to play this until I buy a KS8000 in January. But I'm worried about spoilers.

This game coming out really holds a special meaning for me.

My mother is not a video game fan by ANY stretch of the imagination, but the one game she did love was SOTC.
I played it for her all those years back when it first came out and she loved the scenery, art, music, LOVED riding the horse, puzzles etc.
Over the years she would always ask if they were ever making a new one.

Earlier this year she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer (non curable). Shes on constant pain meds right now but still in good spirits.
We dont know how much time she has left but shes stil able to get around a little.
Tomorrow im going to bring her over and surprise her so we can enjoy this experience together and play one last time.

Thank you to the creators of this game.

0xAW6Ig.gif

hope she loves the game man

Top Bottom