• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

PaNaMa

Banned
$15 .. wow. That some full length games any day on Steam.

Ideally, given the $$$ and awards ND got from this game (a hit franchise was also born, so this money train is not stopping any time soon) I expected this to be $5-$10 at the most. Secretly, hoped they'd give it away as a thank you for all the support, or just cause they're cool.

But realistically, $15 is a flat out gouge and kind of leaves me a bit disenchanted with them. Bit of a sour finish to what was probably my favourite gaming experience in many years. Come on ND, we loved TLOU, we bought it by the millions. $15?

GavinUK86

2 hours for 15 bucks is unacceptable.

for 60 you get a 10 hour campaign+ infinite MP

so how much for 2 hours? Less than 5 bucks, i say.

I just don't pay.

Goodbye then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So excited for this DLC. After reading the comic I was hoping to see both of them together in video game form.

Probably just going to get the standalone DLC though. Played MP for a bit but I'm not much of a MP gamer so no point getting the other DLC's.

$15 .. wow. That some full length games any day on Steam.

Ideally, given the $$$ and awards ND got from this game (a hit franchise was also born, so this money train is not stopping any time soon) I expected this to be $5-$10 at the most. Secretly, hoped they'd give it away as a thank you for all the support, or just cause they're cool.

But realistically, $15 is a flat out gouge and kind of leaves me a bit disenchanted with them. Bit of a sour finish to what was probably my favourite gaming experience in many years. Come on ND, we loved TLOU, we bought it by the millions. $15?

The work that they put into it isn't going to be cheap. They rehired actors and hired new ones for performance capture (which is a very expensive process), and there's even new locations. It's not like they're just throw you into the same areas with the same characters and existing dialog.

SxP

Damn. Two years ago I was laughing at these 10 dollar DLCs that advertised two hours of gameplay as if they thought that was good value. Now it's 15. It wouldn't surprise me at all if becomes 20 in a year or two.

I traded TLoU in on PS3 after completing it, hoping it might come out on PS4. But now this is here, and TLoU is a nice price in the EU PSN sale...

ORRRRRRRRRRR, hold out for the PS4 version with DLC? ;)

I kept hold of my copy as someone was borrowing it, they have thankfully finished it now and given back.

Only 2 hours? :(

Hopefully the third DLC is substantial...

You realise that they are only doing 1 piece of single player DLC? This is it as far as the story goes with the first game.

Stark

Banned
If it finished in 2 hours for press, I'll get it done in 4-6. It'll be worth it anyway from the minute they said playable Ellie.

And glad he addressed the silly Ish thing. That's how it should stay.

Neil addresses why they didn't choose Ish as the playable character for the DLC

"The only reason we discussed it is because we thought there was so much demand for it," explains Druckmann. "The thing with Ish, I think it's one of those things that's better left to the imagination - everyone has a different idea of what he looks like, how old he is or how he'd behave. It felt like we'd take something away from that by fleshing it out. Even in the DLC we actually had at one point a note that we wrote out that you'd find that continued Ish's story. It was a really moving note about him and his relationship with Susan, but it felt too much like fan service, too much of a coincidence that you'd find this note."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-07-the-last-of-us-left-behind-is-a-two-hour-triumph

Saya Brea

Banned
The only $15 DLC I haven't regretted are Citidel and Blood dragon, I'm going to have to wait for a lot of good reviews before I pick this up.

Texhex

Banned
The only $15 DLC I haven't regretted are Citidel and Blood dragon, I'm going to have to wait for a lot of good reviews before I pick this up.
Well, it's really simple.
If you think TLOU was awesome, you should get Left Behind immediately.

Get Left Behind for $15 or get Left Behind + MP DLC maps (and hats + masks!!) for $20. It's obvious why they priced this as is. Even then, Left Behind standalone for $15 sounds good if it's gonna be more TLoU but better-paced.

The work that they put into it isn't going to be cheap. They rehired actors and hired new ones for performance capture (which is a very expensive process), and there's even new locations. It's not like they're just throw you into the same areas with the same characters and existing dialog.
Of course it's not cheap. But going from the main game just brings certain expectations with it. So compared to that I don't think it is completely unreasonable to expect a little bit more or at least a $10 price tag. That would fit in pretty well with the main game.
Oh well. Maybe the press rushed it and you can get more out of it. I'll wait for some impressions.

Menaged

This will be the first DLC I ever bought in my life, excluding Rock Band songs.
I never felt the need to get more out of a game, or maybe the idea of paying 10-15 dollars for 2-3 hours of extra content never appealed to me, but it's a different story with TLoU.
I'm stoked to jump back in this world.

Am I mistaken but don't we already kind of know the ending to this DLC? Like what plays out because of what Ellie told Joel?

I'm sure it will still be good but it's like hearing a joke you know the punch line to, somewhat diminishing the reaction to it

Of course it's not cheap. But going from the main game just brings certain expectations with it. So compared to that I don't think it is completely unreasonable to expect a little bit more or at least a $10 price tag. That would fit in pretty well with the main game.
Oh well. Maybe the press rushed it and you can get more out of it. I'll wait for some impressions.

Well, I was mainly talking about him saying that they could give it away for free as a Thank You. Anyway the Eurogamer preview calls it a "two-hour triumph" and suggests its similar to TLoU in impact. I'd definitely say that's worth $15. But, it's your money and you're free to choose whether it's worth it to you or not.

jett

D-Member
I paid $15 for the two-hour Journey and that was well worth it. We'll just have to see if this is too. Two hours for this sort of experience does seem really short though.

WarpathDC

Looks good but waiting for it to be bundled with the definitive ps4 edition so I will feel better about double dipping.

Danielsan

I paid € 15 for Journey (I would have paid € 60) and I will gladly poney up € 15 for The Last of Us dlc. Gamers still need to get past the whole game length per dollar nonsense. I've come to absolutely loath games that take tens of hours, but are filled with nothing but repetitive boring fluff.

I'm in. Bought the Season Pass for cheap when Blockbuster were having their fire sale; I think I paid about £9. Haven't checked out the MP at all, but I'm keen for more SP content. Completely forgot this was put next week, so I'm now going dark as I don't want any spoilers.

holy crap - it comes out next week...didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

anyone know if there will be a playstation plus (discounted) price?

Vashetti

Banned
I'm in. Bought the Season Pass for cheap when Blockbuster were having their fire sale; I think I paid about £9. Haven't checked out the MP at all, but I'm keen for more SP content. Completely forgot this was put next week, so I'm now going dark as I don't want any spoilers.

Have you claimed your 90 minute Grounded documentary?

I was hoping it would be a bit longer than 2 hours... Hmm. Then again, people said Burial at Sea was 1.5-2 hours, and it took me 5 hours to complete it. I don't know how much exploration Left Behind will have compared to Burial at Sea, though. Not sure if I'm gonna buy yet...

Well, I was mainly talking about him saying that they could give it away for free as a Thank You. Anyway the Eurogamer preview calls it a "two-hour triumph" and suggests its similar to TLoU in impact. I'd definitely say that's worth $15. But, it's your money and you're free to choose whether it's worth it to you or not.
Oh, I just read that post. Yeah I certainly don't expect to get it for free lol

I was hoping it would be a bit longer than 2 hours... Hmm. Then again, people said Burial at Sea was 1.5-2 hours, and it took me 5 hours to complete it. I don't know how much exploration Left Behind will have compared to Burial at Sea, though. Not sure if I'm gonna buy yet...
We should get impressions pretty soon after it comes out. Then we will know for sure.

2 hours for 15 bucks is unacceptable.

People need to get their priorities straight. I'd rather pay $15 for all new content that was made after the game was finished than $5 for something that should have been part of the game in a first place. ME3 is much worse offender of this.

Looking forward to this! Doing my new game plus survivor playthough to get ready for it and I'm reminded of how fucking long it takes to get into the game. Got to load into the main menu and then actually load the save itself, craziness.

Saya Brea

Banned
People need to get their priorities straight. I'd rather pay $15 for all new content that was made after the game was finished than $5 for something that should have been part of the game in a first place. ME3 is much worse offender of this.

True, the only DLC that shouldn't have been part of the game and doesn't feel like missing data is Citadel, and many people felt like it was a ripoff.

So how do journos come up with this time? Do they conscious time thelmselves when they're playing the game?

Also, It looks like it took IGN a few hours to beat instead of a couple. 2 hours is not set in stone.

I have no issue paying $15 for something brand new like this.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Seems nowadays people prefer quantity then quality, $15 it's cheap, keeping in mind all the work that went in to this

Top Bottom