• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Timu

I'll be taking some direct feed screenshots, no spoilers or anything, mainly scenery, but it's more Last of Us so I can't wait.

Vashetti

Banned
I would download a car

YouWouldntDownloadACar1.jpg

solarus

Seeing as this is entirely new content and a lot of work was involved new motion capture, character models and enviornments etc that stuff does not come cheap at all. There's a reason this is coming quite a bit after the real game did and it's understandable that it's priced the way it is. As long as it's quality content I'm fine with the 15 dollar asking price. Now if this was priced any higher, like ground zeroes, I would definitely understand the complaints.

FaintDeftone

As long as the campaign is as high of quality as the main game, I could care less if it's only two hours. I'll gladly pay $15 to experience it.

I think $15 is fine. It's about how much the experience is worth, not how long it is. Journey is one of my favorite games ever and I would've paid way more than $15 just because of how much I got out of it.

pikablu

Everyone download this so it will generate enough money for them to have no choice but to make an Ish DLC chapter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is weird. I want this but i'm too lazy to buy a prepaid card for the store.

:/

Flandy

Gaf should I get the season pass or just the standalone DLC? I enjoyed the the multiplayer a ton when I first played it but then it just started getting boring for me. Think I got to like week 9? I've also already seen the documentary.

How do we know the DLC is only 2 hours long? Been avoiding previews/media for this.

Dead

well not really...yet
I popped in some LoU last night to replay a chapter or two. Yeah, $15 is worth it for even a couple hours more.

Ill just buy the season pass tho since I played a few matches of mp and i might do so again in the future I guess

Wasp

This is why I very rarely buy DLC, unless it's on sale. It's just bad value compared to the full game.

I might make an exception for this one though considering TLOU was my GOTY, but it depends on how well it reviews.

The main game took me 25 hours to finish the first time through, which was amazing for such a consistently high quality game with no filler, I was hoping the DLC was going to be meaty for a piece of DLC too.

Dead

well not really...yet
This is why I very rarely buy DLC, unless it's on sale. It's just bad value compared to the full game.

I might make an exception for this one though considering TLOU was my GOTY, but it depends on how well it reviews.

The main game took me 25 hours to finish the first time through, which was amazing for such a consistently high quality game with no filler, I was hoping the DLC was going to be meaty for a piece of DLC too.
25 hours is unusually long for LoU. Its more of a 15-17 hour game. If you take that long, im sure you will take longer than 2 hours with the DLC.

Trakan

Shit, ND is claiming two hours to complete the DLC? That means it'll probably be more like an hour of actual game time for me. Devs usually give you the time it takes to 100% it.

hesido

Does this DLC require you to have TLOU? If so, I think it would be better if they made this standalone, normal price for owners of TLOU and may 20 for non owners (and for owners of the standalone version, TLOU could be made 5 dollar cheaper or something. Is that a bad idea of promotion?)

Since this is a prequel, it would make sense to make it standalone (if it already isn't) and than promote any extra sales of the full game.

Deimo5

Does this DLC require you to have TLOU? If so, I think it would be better if they made this standalone, normal price for owners of TLOU and may 20 for non owners (and for owners of the standalone version, TLOU could be made 5 dollar cheaper or something. Is that a bad idea of promotion?)

Since this is a prequel, it would make sense to make it standalone (if it already isn't) and than promote any extra sales of the full game.

It's not standalone

It's a prequel in the sense that it happens before the main game. But the revelation of what happens is likely something you'd want to experience after the game. The reveal of Ellie's big character motivation is elemental to some late game scenes and this DLC seems to explore the events that cause it.

And yes, it isn't standalone.

Vizzeh

Banned
Really cant wait for this game.

I am going into it expecting a slightly different game to what The Last of Us was, I dont mind this model going forward, Original game mostly gameplay and Epic storyline, DLC: Mostly storyline and less gameplay. Realy intrigued on this.

Just dont switch TloU2 to less gameplay etc :) - both are great theories but keepit proportional ND :)

Shit, ND is claiming two hours to complete the DLC? That means it'll probably be more like an hour of actual game time for me. Devs usually give you the time it takes to 100% it.

No, I haven't seen ND say anything about the length. The two hour mark mainly comes from the Eurogamer preview/interview. But they weren't complaining about it or anything. They actually called it a "two-hour triumph".

This is the reason why journos shouldn't put times in their previews. It gets completely misconstrued.

The devs have NEVER said it took 2 hours to beat the game.

Lucent

Can't wait for more from the best game of last generation.

This. I loved the game so much. Never selling it.

I was hoping for at least 3 hours, but 2 isn't bad. Especially if that 2 hours means you're just pushing through the story. Because I probably padded the original game quite a bit just looking at everything. The part where you got to explore a lot of houses was great. Just going around rummaging through things. lol

Trakan

No, I haven't seen ND say anything about the length. The two hour mark mainly comes from the Eurogamer preview/interview. But they weren't complaining about it or anything. They actually called it a "two-hour triumph".

This is the reason why journos shouldn't put times in their previews. It gets completely misconstrued.

The devs have NEVER said it took 2 hours to beat the game.

My mistake, I was just going off the information in the OP. That's good though, I hope it's longer.

Artex

Banned
Is Riley the daughter of Marlene?

I'm interested in how they are going to handle combat in this game. Since
a big plot point of the story was Ellie becoming desensitized to killing; it wouldn't make much sense for her to commit many (really any, but I can see myself letting it slide for the sake of the enjoyment of the game) kills

Is Riley the daughter of Marlene?

If she is then it wasn't hinted at in the comics. Riley's family is never addressed in that, and she certainly doesn't know Marlene when they finally meet (and Marlene doesn't seem to have knowledge of her).

Top Bottom