• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Vashetti

Banned
Seems nowadays people prefer quantity then quality, $15 it's cheap, keeping in mind all the work that went in to this

Exactly, motion-capture, voice-acting, new graphics, new score, etc. is not cheap.

Buy the Season Pass if you want more bang for your buck, the documentary is worth it alone.

Exactly, motion-capture, voice-acting, new graphics, new score, etc. is not cheap.

Buy the Season Pass if you want more bang for your buck, the documentary is worth it alone.
Oh, so the area 5 documentary is still part of the season pass? Passed on it so far because it wasn't clear to me if it was a timely thing. I love the work of those guys.

Ishan

well if you brought the original game and didnt resell this is essentially free ... otherwise 15 for 2 hrs versus 540 for 1.5 hrs lol .... looking forwards to this ...

Ishan

Oh, so the area 5 documentary is still part of the season pass? Passed on it so far because it wasn't clear to me if it was a timely thing. I love the work of those guys.

i think that was only day 1 ... i got the season pass with my game but never figured out how to use the docu entary cause i didnt register day 1

Seems nowadays people prefer quantity then quality, $15 it's cheap, keeping in mind all the work that went in to this

I think $15 is the perfect price point for stuff like this. People are going nuts over MGS:GZ because of the wildly varying and kind of ridiculous pricing of it.

I'd almost always say quality over quantity but there is a limit to that where if you cross it's just taking the piss.

Vashetti

Banned

Pretty sure it was originally a timed thing but instead they chose to keep it in there.

Season Pass offers:

• 1 SP DLC - Left Behind
  • 2 MP DLC - Abandoned Territories Map Pack/2nd unannounced pack
  • 90 minute "Grounded" documentary

Several single-player upgrades:

• Increased crafting speed.
  • Increased healing speed.
  • Rifle clip capacity upgrade.
  • 9mm reload speed upgrade.

Plus loads of hats for your MP character.

i think that was only day 1 ... i got the season pass with my game but never figured out how to use the docu entary cause i didnt register day 1

You access it in-game, there should be a DLC option in the main menu.

nib95

Banned
Beautiful OT by the way. Very simple and graphically affective.

Side note, 2 hours for $15 is pushing it, but I'll bite because it's ND, because it's DLC to one of my games of the generation, and because I always end up taking longer than others do with these sorts of games. Still much better than the $40 for 1.5 hours Konami is trying to pull.

Gaz_RB

Can't wait for this. I expected a drought at the beginning of the year but now I can't even work on my backlog with this, BD, and LR coming out.
The only drought happening is in the southwest

Don't even get me started on March

Donos

When can we expect MisterXmedia to comment how Sony promotes weird underage relationships?

Rented TLOU and played through it (~ 25 hours, hard, no listening) and hope that there will be a GOTY edition with this DLC to buy. Then i'm going to tackle my first Survivor run.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
for 60 you get a 10 hour campaign+ infinite MP

so how much for 2 hours? Less than 5 bucks, i say.

Not to mention that I could resell the full, boxed game game for more than $40 after finishing it, allowing me to experience it once for less than $20. Your estimate is right on point.

You can't re-sell DLC, and it's not standalone, requiring the original game.

This is a very bad deal for consumers and an incredibly awesome deal for the publisher, especially when you factor in all the already amortized assets.

Of course, if you are wealthy, never resell your games, don't care about ownership or other uncommon circumstances, your mileage may vary.

Bottom line: make this standalone and priced at $4.99 or less and I will buy it. Don't and I will play something else with tears in my eyes because I love Naughty Dog.

I just love keeping my anus in a virginal state even more.

Musolf815

The nature of this game having less combat and more personal story moments makes me think of Gone Home, a game that Naughty Dog staff said was important for the future of gaming. I think they are gonna continue to move away from combat, as some of the most talked about moments in Last of Us had no fighting,
such as the giraffes, "Okay", Ellie's joke book, etc

Festival of Blood was cheaper. $9.99

It also used the same setting as I2 with some minor cosmetic changes. I'd also like it to be cheaper but people need to understand these things if they want to compare the budgets required for different games.
We're not playing through an old area with a new character here, we're not getting cheap comic book style cutscenes instead of full mocap cutscenes, everything here is new with the same production values of the main game.

15 bucks, 20 bucks, whatever, I'm buying it because I want to support the artists involved and support their hard work.

I don't care about the length. I only care about the feels.

I echo level44's question from the front page: if I pre-order, can I download early? I want this to be ready as soon as I get home from work on the 14th! 5GB would take me forever to download ; ;

Jhriad

Bottom line: make this standalone and priced at $4.99 or less and I will buy it.

Some of you don't really seem to understand the costs associated with original content. Especially content at the AAA level. Oh well, don't let the door hit you on your way to the iOS bargain bin.

cluderi

Stupid question time.

I know USA and European DLC won't work with each others games but does anyone know if the DLC from the UK store will work on my Australian version?

kazebyaka

Banned
Some of you don't really seem to understand the costs associated with original content. Especially content at the AAA level. Oh well, don't let the door hit you on your way to the iOS bargain bin.
Why should we care about how much it costs them? If you can't afford, don't do it.

Will never understand the price per hour debate. I have paid that for music, paid that many times for movies, and spent well beyond that going out to lunch or dinner. And I will probably spend $40 for Ground Zero knowing full well how short it is.

A great product is a great product regardless of price. Price is nothing more than a barrier of entry. Once it's paid it is no longer relevant to my enjoyment of a product.

The beauty of it is you have the option to buy it or not as you please

Personally I've only just finished the game last week so will give it a few months I think, hopefully a sale at some point will bring it down

a) What did you think of the game?
b) How come you don't love us no more?

Carl

Knowing that they shipped the main game then made this DLC afterwards, with new area and new characters, makes me willing to pay what they're asking for this. I'd rather have a short but brilliant piece of DLC for £10 than a piece of crap that was broken off from the main game and sold separately for £5

People-that-didn't-buy-the-Season-Pass am cry.

Even if I wasn't getting this as part of the SP, I'd still think $15 was a fair price given the type of experience I'm expecting to get from it.

So excite for this. Loved the game and the comics--ready to dive back into that world. Probably going to pick up the Season Pass for it, mainly for the documentary. $15 for just the DLC would also be worth it in my opinion.

Dr. Kaos

Banned

Lol. there have been many references to doors hitting people. It sounds hostile for no reason.

Why not just say: "I beg to differ and I believe this DLC offers an outstanding value proposition. I will be buying it enthusiastically and I hope you will reconsider your position. Good day to you sir!"

Hm? See how that would be nicer? It would also make you sound all gentlemanly and shit.

Just saying yo'.

Top Bottom