• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Ghazi

tumblr_mkk02rilQY1qckkebo1_400.gif
Where am I? Why am I here?

Gorillaz

VideogamerUK TV keeps hyping up the beginning and the end of the game saying it's one of the best moments in gaming. So I'm not surprised he watched the opening since that is getting alot of hype alone

AJ_Wings

FUUUUU i gave in and watched the first 15 min. on youtube :crying:

Dude, you just robbed yourself of experiencing something truly special. Seriously, to all fellow gaffers: Don't youtube the opening. Out of the entire game which I already really like, the opening 10 minutes are my absolute favorite.

LuuKyK

Why would you guys cave in and watch it on youtube? We are so close now. Also, with E3 around the corner it will probably make time pass even faster.

I'm trying to stay dark on the game, but I wanted to ask: are the digital pre-order bonuses (increased crafting/healing speed, Etc.) optional or do they take effect no matter what?

If thats the season pass then it's a 100kb file that will download when you preorder it but you can delete it from your game data folder to not take into effect when you play the game.

Grisby

Excited. Gonna be a great cap off to some excellent gaming that I've had. Just finished Remember Me and I'm gonna start Metro Last Light tomorrow (which I'm assuming is gonna be pretty decent going off gaffers and my best friend).

UC3 disappointed me so I'm hoping ND brings the A game.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Dude, you just robbed yourself of experiencing something truly special. Seriously, to all fellow gaffers: Don't youtube the opening. Out of the entire game which I already really like, the opening 10 minutes are my absolute favorite.

Don't even try to watch it. It's so goddamn fascinating that I seriously watched 2 hours worth of it (before the uploaders got their uploads taken down and they were banned!). It was so fucking engrossing that I seriously spoiled a major chunk of the intro. Not that I'll play it any time soon (PC gamer here), but shit. Would've been so good to have been playing at that time.

DukeBobby

Excited. Gonna be a great cap off to some excellent gaming that I've had. Just finished Remember Me and I'm gonna start Metro Last Light tomorrow (which I'm assuming is gonna be pretty decent going off gaffers and my best friend).

You're in for a real treat.

Ghazi

Oh man, oh man, that's it. I'm drivin to Walmart tomorrow and buy 3 $20 PSN cards and buying it digital. Now to find out how to get the $$$

Don't even try to watch it. It's so goddamn fascinating that I seriously watched 2 hours worth of it (before the uploaders got their uploads taken down and they were banned!). It was so fucking engrossing that I seriously spoiled a major chunk of the intro. Not that I'll play it any time soon (PC gamer here), but shit. Would've been so good to have been playing at that time.
Man, the praise for this game is just endless. Only five more days. I've made it this far...

antitrop

I'm absolutely not going to lie.

I would love to have Derrick in here mixing it up when this game drops next week.

Derrick was a necessary evil. He challenges you and forces you to examine your opinions about games more deeply if you choose to respond to his more trollish posts.

Sometimes I appreciated the accountability.

Usually it was annoying.

DatDude

Banned
I kind've wish survival mode had perma death that would take you back to the beginning title screen if you died.

Imagine the tension then!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I would really dig this if it weren't for the zombies.

That game length made me want this game itself. Love game's that are long makes me feel like I truly payed for something that will last me for a while. Also the review scores have me hyped.

Buying this day 1 and already have it reserved at GS. Not sure but I think I'm getting all that pre-order goods because they did the same when I got Ni No Kuni, though I'm not sure.

Linconan

FUUUUU i gave in and watched the first 15 min. on youtube :crying:

Explain Crying..
Are you A, Crying because you caved?

Or B, Because it was the most epic thing that you witnessed, and can't control your emotions, so you just let it all out, in a river of tears.

hmm

hmmmm?!

I haven't watched it yet, so i'm saving my experience for my complete copy but i've heard people say it was a powerful intro.

Can't wait :)

RoKKeR

Metro: Last Light, in my humble opinion, is a better game than Bioshock Infinite. Not necessarily a better world or overall story, but a better game, one that brings together all of the key aspects. Visuals, gunplay, pacing, tension, story, world, atmosphere, immersion, it's the complete package, made by an underdog studio clearly passionate about games. I think you'll enjoy it. It is my current front runner for Game of the Year, only contested by, of course, The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

As you can tell, I'm a fan.

Amir0x is expecting to like this game and Derrick is banned.

I get a kick out the fact that despite these facts, everyone is reflexively polishing their shields.

I'll try to take up the slack and bitch about ludonarrative dissonance or something, since that seems to make people's eyes roll back into their heads the fastest.

daftstar

Explain Crying..
Are you A, Crying because you caved?

Or B, Because it was the most epic thing that you witnessed, and can't control your emotions, so you just let it all out, in a river of tears.

hmm

hmmmm?!

I haven't watched it yet, so i'm saving my experience for my complete copy but i've heard people say it was a powerful intro.

Can't wait :)

Both A and B. I'm afraid of saying anything more but it was powerful indeed... The acting is phenomenal

spannicus

Metro: Last Light, in my humble opinion, is a better game than Bioshock Infinite. Not necessarily a better world or overall story, but a better game, one that brings together all of the key aspects. Visuals, gunplay, pacing, tension, story, world, atmosphere, immersion, it's the complete package, made by an underdog studio clearly passionate about games. I think you'll enjoy it. It is my current front runner for Game of the Year, only contested by, of course, The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

I seriously enjoyed Metro LL, actually finished it, I have yet to finish Infinite, the game got repetitive and extremely boring to me. Different strokes for different folks. Funny because I loved the previous Bioshocks. Wonder how the game gets so much praise.

I would really dig this if it weren't for the zombies.
Well as someone who loves zombie fiction...from what I've read, the infected are much more than simple "zombies"

Just the whole rooted in reality premise is just fascinating. And the enemy design is on a Dark Souls level, IMO.
Not sure if you're in blackout mode so:

The Runners are still aware and know what they're doing, but can't control themselves. You can hear them screaming and grunting in horror/pain/frustration.

The Clickers are blind and hunt by echolocation.

Sure technically, it's zombies, but the story is so much more than that and the infected are so uniquely designed and animated that they're scarier than any video game "zombie" you've ever seen

My advice: get this for the story, not for the zombies

DukeBobby

I like you, man. You have good taste.

Linconan

Both A and B. I'm afraid of saying anything more but it was powerful indeed... The acting is phenomenal

*nods*
Bless you..

*wipes tear*
This is it, i'm going off now and won't be back till i've completed SP (maybe..lol), i don't want to temp myself,lol.

Top Bottom