• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I'm glad they're trying to fix matchmaking. I'm really tired of being paired with low-level/inexperienced players while we get crushed by an opposing team of skilled, triple-digit beast-warriors.

I need to try to find a PS3 group to play with again.

wowlace

But there is no KDR in interrogation mode ?

It uses Supply Raid and Survivors stats. Which is funny because I haven't played those modes since very early on when I was learning the game. Now I only play interrogation and I am probably being match with players with rubbish KDs haha even though now at w137 I am supremely improved at killing fireflies.

so the shotguns that i've seen people using and destroying me with are paid unlockables only? man, that's not right, that totally ruins the balance of online play.

HMD

Tactical shotgun having 3 shells before upgrading is BS that's for sure, but I feel like the crossbow is the absolute worst offender in the latest DLC, it's way too powerful, it should only remove 50% of full health and not 70%, it drains health ridiculously fast, and it's too effective against last man standing, also armour should prevent it from draining your health.

wowlace

Tactical shotgun having 3 shells before upgrading is BS that's for sure, but I feel like the crossbow is the absolute worst offender in the latest DLC, it's way too powerful, it should only remove 50% of full health and not 70%, it drains health ridiculously fast, and it's too effective against last man standing, also armour should prevent it from draining your health.

Yep it's too easy. Run with crossbow and shorty. Get in close, get a hit with the crossbow. The free hawk eye lights them up and as soon as they go behind cover to heal, rush in and down with the no need to aim shorty.

It's a joke really.

AKyemeni

Yep it's too easy. Run with crossbow and shorty. Get in close, get a hit with the crossbow. The free hawk eye lights them up and as soon as they go behind cover to heal, rush in and down with the no need to aim shorty.

It's a joke really.

That only really works if they're alone or if they don't have first aid training on. The crossbow is fine.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

It's a joke really.

wut? how about this:

- dont let them get that close
- use first aid 1, fixes you up in no time
- play with at least 1 friend so you can cover each other or
- stick to your other random teammates or my personal favourite:
- pretend to heal and suprise him with the rifle of burst to the head ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

I leave for a solid two months, and I come back to see more DLC guns and perks.

Literally everyone is running around with some lever action gun that has the damage output of a sniper rifle without the skill needed to actually aim scope.

Tis sad to see such a great multiplayer game's balance decimated like this.

AKyemeni

Literally everyone is running around with some lever action gun that has the damage output of a sniper rifle without the skill needed to actually aim scope.

The frontier rifle is trash in the game anyway. The default weapons are still better.

The frontier rifle is trash in the game anyway. The default weapons are still better.

Two hit down with a decent fire rate is pretty not trash.

I just find it annoying to lose close range battles because he had a rifle that blew away most of my health, without the scoping penalty of a real sniper rifle, thus giving me little time to turn and pull of burst headshots.

HMD

LOL no it is not, especially with the rapid fire weapon switch nerfed.

Idk I guess I just naturally suck against 2-shot weapons. I'm ok with bow and HR damage, but the Crossbow/Frontier/Tactical Shotgun combo is getting on my nerves.

They have ALWAYS been too powerful. It is paying to win and Sony/ND don't give a fuck.

Yep. It's pathetic. What's worse is the free pass Sony/ND are getting here. If this was anyone else, they'd be crucified. It fucks me off no end the shit they have pulled with this game. It's obviously working so we're gonna be seeing it a lot more. I won't be renewing my ps+ next time and only be buying Single Player games unless it stops.

Bullshit.

The new shotgun shoots FASTER, FURTHER AND WITH MORE DAMAGE so how the fuck are the default weapons still the best. UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLE. people are STILL saying this SHIT.

No offence.

Anyway. Anybody any advice of how to report this more and more to ND in a constructive way? I thought the variable rifle was overpowered until the lastest shotgun WTF?

I've spend almost £100 on this game (ps3 & dlc and ps4 version) and I'm sick to fucking death of this paying to win shit.

What's worse EVEN STILL AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS, the matchmaking is still fucking broke. Shot round corners. Ages to matchmake. Opponents with no bars or shitty bars = shitty tickrate. It's a fucking joke and it appears they are doing FUCK ALL about it.

Pathetic.

Everybody I'm speaking to, I tell them of this experience and I hope it somehow fucks ND in someway.

AKyemeni

Bullshit.

The new shotgun shoots FASTER, FURTHER AND WITH MORE DAMAGE so how the fuck are the default weapons still the best. UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLE. people are STILL saying this SHIT.
The most widely used weapons in serious private matches and competitive matches are still the burst rifle, hunting rifle, and semi auto. The new weapons are nowhere near overpowered, or else you would see them in every match.

If they were truly overpowered, you would see many people use them. They're even available in the game as preset loadouts, so you don't have to buy them to use them.

Shotgun, el diablo, assault rifle > crossbow

The Crossbow is more annoying than any other weapon in the game. However, it can't kill. Every other Purchasable is designed to kill whoever's on the wrong side of the barrel in a second or less, leaving no chance of running away. Who cares about going down from bleed damage or having to use two medkits when the average El Diablo or Shotgun user won't give you the time to heal in the first place?

Frontier Rifle has no headshot potential. Meanwhile, the Bow has headshot potential, the Hunting Rifle has headshot potential, and the Burst Rifle has headshot potential plus it dominates all three at close-range combat. Fun weapon, no doubt, but there's better ones.

Burst Pistol has awful recoil. I'd rather use the 9mm Pistol.

-----

Only weapon that's debatable is the Tactical Shotgun. It's not just a shiny new toy that you have to pay for, it's genuinely good. It can stand toe-to-toe with the Burst Rifle and Semi-Auto in terms of time-to-down on torso shots. Loses out on range and headshot potential not to mention costs three loadout points. However, that's saved by its spread. You can miss if you're panicking, but it's not as easy to miss with unlike most weapons thanks to the spread. If you're in this thing's range (and you'd be surprised by how far it can hit for full damage), you can't afford to miss a shot; they surely won't. Spread also makes leg shots against armored targets easy.

Of the four new weapons, it's also the only one that uses the new executions to rub it in your face when you're down.

The most widely used weapons in serious private matches and competitive matches are still the burst rifle, hunting rifle, and semi auto. The new weapons are nowhere near overpowered, or else you would see them in every match.

If they were truly overpowered, you would see many people use them. They're even available in the game as preset loadouts, so you don't have to buy them to use them.

Shotgun, el diablo, assault rifle > crossbow

Sorry I don't agree other than 'not all the weapons are overpowered'.

For the most part, they are paid for and they have advantages. These advantages are even mentioned by ND within the game loading screens. Clear as Day & Night imo.

I could turn it around and rather than the everyone would be using it hypothesis, the fact some people are says it all. Eg. The Tactical Shotgun is a weapon some people are paying extra money for:-

Advantage #1 - They don't need to purchase the weapon as a purchasable like I would for the Shotgun.

Advantage #2 - This means they can spend their money on armour which I wouldn't have because I've had to spend it on buying the weapon and or more ammo.

Advantage #3 - It fires quicker than a shotgun.

Advantage #4 - It fires further than a shotgun.

Advantage #5 - It is easier to control/more accurate than a shotgun.

Advantage #6 - Bullets are cheaper than a shotgun (especially if use cheaper ammo boost or ....).

Advantage #7 - Can it be silenced too? I'm sure I've heard it this way?

This is without all perks and other weapons which are also overpowered AND have advantages. The fact I can choose a loadout which has 'some' of these things 'exaggerates' the fact.

Imo, if 'you' 'truly' see no advantages in the Paid For Weapons or Perks, then you must be playing players with a worse tickrate and thus, it is not as noticeable to you personally.

It's a joke. It's bad for gaming. I've certainly lost a lot of respect for ND and Sony. I could easily buy these weapons but I refuse to. I could even use some of the free stuff I got from buying the DLC (for single player bit alone) but I still refuse. What's sad, is people come up with all manners of 'reasoning' as to how they are not pay to win when they clearly are.

The Crossbow is more annoying than any other weapon in the game. However, it can't kill. Every other Purchasable is designed to kill whoever's on the wrong side of the barrel in a second or less, leaving no chance of running away. Who cares about going down from bleed damage or having to use two medkits when the average El Diablo or Shotgun user won't give you the time to heal in the first place?

Frontier Rifle has no headshot potential. Meanwhile, the Bow has headshot potential, the Hunting Rifle has headshot potential, and the Burst Rifle has headshot potential plus it dominates all three at close-range combat. Fun weapon, no doubt, but there's better ones.

Burst Pistol has awful recoil. I'd rather use the 9mm Pistol.

-----

Only weapon that's debatable is the Tactical Shotgun. It's not just a shiny new toy that you have to pay for, it's genuinely good. It can stand toe-to-toe with the Burst Rifle and Semi-Auto in terms of time-to-down on torso shots. Loses out on range and headshot potential not to mention costs three loadout points. However, that's saved by its spread. You can miss if you're panicking, but it's not as easy to miss with unlike most weapons thanks to the spread. If you're in this thing's range (and you'd be surprised by how far it can hit for full damage), you can't afford to miss a shot; they surely won't. Spread also makes leg shots against armored targets easy.

Of the four new weapons, it's also the only one that uses the new executions to rub it in your face when you're down.

The gun is a joke and I thought the Variable Rifle was a pisstake!

With these new weapons and perks, I've changed the way I play which is a good thing because it challenges me. What's not good is that 'only some of us' HAVE to do that. For everyone else who doesn't mind fucking everyone else (and gaming) - no offence intended to those who want to spend their money on this, it's well within their right and I've no issue at all because it's Sony/ND which have implemented this lowly shitball up the arse microtransaction fuck (R* are no different and get away with a free pass) - cos all they've got to do is run and gun.

J2d

I have the US digital version and today I bought some weapon dlc on the euro store but I can't access it, is it incompatible or is this just a glitch?

HMD

Ahh can you guys add me? I'm sick of playing on my own and everyone has sadly moved on, I'm still here though :(

PSN is my gaf username.

Only reason I stopped playing was because of PS+ running out

I've been playing almost every day before, the wait for a good price is killing meee

Coming from the 360 camp, I am starting my 1st play through of TLOU:R. Would a gaffer be so kind to explain to me how I activate the locked 30 vs. the 60 fps. Thanks and Google was no help. Late!

Filben

Coming from the 360 camp, I am starting my 1st play through of TLOU:R. Would a gaffer be so kind to explain to me how I activate the locked 30 vs. the 60 fps. Thanks and Google was no help. Late!
You find that in the game options menu, I think under "display" where you set the brightness.

BTW, I wish they would add an option to disable motion blur like Mass Effect did. While resolution can be fixed setting I would really appreciate if the developers would add more options for DoF, Motion Blur, Bloom, Film Grain etc. Just because it is a console it doesn't mean they MUST give you those eye-cancer visuals.

You find that in the game options menu, I think under "display" where you set the brightness.

BTW, I wish they would add an option to disable motion blur like Mass Effect did. While resolution can be fixed setting I would really appreciate if the developers would add more options for DoF, Motion Blur, Bloom, Film Grain etc. Just because it is a console it doesn't mean they MUST give you those eye-cancer visuals.

Found it... Holy shit what a difference. 30fps locked is so slow. And I use to tell myself I couldn't tell the difference between 30 and 60... Bullshit. It's night and day. Late!

Playing with the Frontier Rifle for a while, I still think it sucks standalone. Combined with a Machete though, it's like the Shortychete was never patched out. <3 Not as easy to do up close without the spread, obviously, but the consistently high damage means you can reliably take someone down in a single follow-up swing post-Machete nerf. Only other weapon is the Hunting Rifle which is even more unwieldy up close.

Advantage #1 - They don't need to purchase the weapon as a purchasable like I would for the Shotgun.

Advantage #2 - This means they can spend their money on armour which I wouldn't have because I've had to spend it on buying the weapon and or more ammo.

Advantage #3 - It fires quicker than a shotgun.

Advantage #4 - It fires further than a shotgun.

Advantage #5 - It is easier to control/more accurate than a shotgun.

Advantage #6 - Bullets are cheaper than a shotgun (especially if use cheaper ammo boost or ....).

Advantage #7 - Can it be silenced too? I'm sure I've heard it this way?

1. The Shotgun is a Purchasable for a reason: It can down someone in a single shot and, unlike other weapons capable of that, it can do it on body shots. The Tactical Shotgun can't do that. It requires two shots and they don't come as fast as you think.
  2. See #1. Purchasables trade armor and additional perks for extreme firepower.
  3. No, it doesn't. Shotgun's faster and even if it weren't, the Shotgun has the better time-to-down because it only needs to be fired once.
  4. This is true. Every gun outranges the Shotgun though because nobody likes being in Shotgun range.
  5. No, it's not. Tactical Shotgun has worse spread, making it worse to use in close-range combat.
  6. It's not a Purchasable; ammo's cheap for a reason.
  7. Yes, it can be silenced for 5 loadout points. I don't think the average Shotgun user would care to silence their own gun because the dead can't hear and it sure is good at making people deaf.

-----

If you're going to compare the Tactical Shotgun to other weapons, compare it to Non-Purchasables. Purchasables are in a league of their own, balanced only by the fact that they cost Parts.

Oh, so they did nerf the machete? I tried pairing it with the bow, but they didn't go down after one arrow.

Yeah, does 40 damage per swing now opposed to 75.

Bow not doing the job with one follow-up swing? Never bothered checking how much damage it does, but if it's not 60, I'd say it needs a buff. Edit: Yeeep, 55 damage. Bow needs a buff.

LifeLike

I was looking at the gestures in multiplayer and there is one called "The GIF".

Is that related to the Antonio Banderas/Joel gif?

Yeah, does 40 damage per swing now opposed to 75.

Bow not doing the job with one follow-up swing? Never bothered checking how much damage it does, but if it's not 60, I'd say it needs a buff. Edit: Yeeep, 55 damage. Bow needs a buff.
It's annoying that you can instantly execute a downed character with a modified 2x4, but a modified machete still requires two hits. I know it's faster, but still....

Streaming at 60FPS.

http://www.twitch.tv/akyemeni

Tell me what you guys think
I always miss it. May I add you on psn so I'll have a better idea of when you're likely to be streaming Factions?

AKyemeni

It's annoying that you can instantly execute a downed character with a modified 2x4, but a modified machete still requires two hits. I know it's faster, but still....

I always miss it. May I add you on psn so I'll have a better idea of when you're likely to be streaming Factions?
Sure.

T-Rex.

Banned
I love the MP so much (especially Survivors mode) but the matchmaking is really starting to wind me up. I have a 2.56 kdr on that mode and so I always, always end up getting paired with 3 of the worst players in the lobby. I don't really mind if they know how to play the game but they always end up running by me or just throwing punches by me for no reason whatsoever which always leads to smoke > shiv, or molotov ;_;

The annoying thing is it's not even newbies, most of these guys are on like 36 weeks and whatnot. I was playing yesterday and our team was 3-0 down. We then managed to pull it back to 3-3. Final round and 3 of their guys are in the same place, I down two with my semi-auto and shotgun one so that's 3 of their team down (but not executed) and I end up getting wasted by their fourth player. My team (all fucking 3 of them) are right behind me and just watch as I get killed and their one guy revives all 3 players and obviously we end up losing.

Can some one help point out the latest MP DLC that released for The Last of US last year, its so damn confusing with all the bundles an single dlc items, i dont want to buy the same shit twice

Can some one help point out the latest MP DLC that released for The Last of US last year, its so damn confusing with all the bundles an single dlc items, i dont want to buy the same shit twice
Weapons: frontier, crossbow, burst pistol, and tactical shotgun.
Perks: Jack of all trades, second chance, lone wolf, and execution expert (or something).

Whichever item bundle includes the plague mask is the newest one. I don't remember those because I don't bother with them.

This should help

HMD

I love the MP so much (especially Survivors mode) but the matchmaking is really starting to wind me up. I have a 2.56 kdr on that mode and so I always, always end up getting paired with 3 of the worst players in the lobby. I don't really mind if they know how to play the game but they always end up running by me or just throwing punches by me for no reason whatsoever which always leads to smoke > shiv, or molotov ;_;

The annoying thing is it's not even newbies, most of these guys are on like 36 weeks and whatnot. I was playing yesterday and our team was 3-0 down. We then managed to pull it back to 3-3. Final round and 3 of their guys are in the same place, I down two with my semi-auto and shotgun one so that's 3 of their team down (but not executed) and I end up getting wasted by their fourth player. My team (all fucking 3 of them) are right behind me and just watch as I get killed and their one guy revives all 3 players and obviously we end up losing.

Yeah, randoms are just weird like that in this game, I advise you to find people you can regularly play with or have good playing chemistry with, 4 good lone wolfs are worse than 4 average team players in this game.

I wonder if this could work with ND games:

http://www.netduma.com/

B0koScnIgAAgk_h.jpg:large

Top Bottom