• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Man, the new perks and weapons... I've been playing the crap out of this game, but it's going to change drastically.

ND is one step closer to releasing the F2P version, which is absolutely their intention.

Seems like that cross bow and shotgun are best in class purchasables. Was hoping for the AR and Spectre to get a buff since I don't see them competing against those weapons.

The automatic Hawk-eye 2 on the cross bow is overkill lol. There seem to be new part bonuses too (I think one for stopping a killing streak) so there are going to be all kinds of ways to get parts.

I know F2P is coming. They will charge for all DLC content. I wonder if they will even lockout maps for F2P, and then charge for one-time boosters. Maybe they'll even introduce one time boosters that give you more loadout points. All kinds of potential for a F2P model.

Game is going to be interesting to play as a basic user, but I guess I'll get over it with MGO around the corner.

Blue Lou

Official release from Naughty Dog: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_deadly_new_multiplayer_add_ons/

Prices:
Special Executions [across nine different weapon categories] ($0.99 each)
Tactical Weapons bundle ($2.99 for the bundle or $0.99 each)
- Tactical Shotgun, Burst Pistol, Frontier Rifle, and Crossbow
Risk Management Survival Skills bundle ($3.99 or $0.99 each)
- Lone Wolf, Second Chance, Jack of All Trades, Lucky Break, and Lethal Efficiency skills
Misfit Head Item bundle ($6.99 or various prices each)
- Viking Hat, Plague Mask [bundle exclusive], Smiley Mask, Outlaw Mask, Ski Goggles, Broken Gas Mask, Ballistic Helmet and Urban Camo Helmet
Gestures bundle 2 ($2.49 or $0.99 each)
- Dust Myself Off, Evil Laugh, Game Over, and Intimidation
Bestures bundle 3 ($2.49 or $0.99 each)
- You’re Done, Combat Formation, Stretch, and I’m Watching You

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ion-animations-will-set-you-back-99-each.aspx

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The main issue I have with the game, and it's the only one really for the most part, is that it's set up in a positive feedback loop. (in this case positive is actually negative, like climate change, or a snowball rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger)

They reward momentum and the better a team does, the more they're rewarded with parts, which leads to more armor/upgrades, which leads to them doing better in fights which leads to more parts/armor/upgrades.

It's the CoD killstreak principal which imo is pretty shitty game design. Now I don't know what the answer is, or saying the game is bad or anything... just that it's an issue I have with the design.

Wiggy

ND is one step closer to releasing the F2P version, which is absolutely their intention.

If it does go F2P (which IMO won't happen too soon as it was just released on PS4 a few months ago). What happens to users who bought the game? Do we get free stuff? Anyone know what happened in Uncharted 3 when it went F2P ?

The main issue I have with the game, and it's the only one really for the most part, is that it's set up in a positive feedback loop. (in this case positive is actually negative, like climate change, or a snowball rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger)

They reward momentum and the better a team does, the more they're rewarded with parts, which leads to more armor/upgrades, which leads to them doing better in fights which leads to more parts/armor/upgrades.

It's the CoD killstreak principal which imo is pretty shitty game design. Now I don't know what the answer is, or saying the game is bad or anything... just that it's an issue I have with the design.
Welfare says hi.

Also:

"We had to exclude some sets from the PS3 version of the game due to memory constraints on the hardware. Yes, it seems with our latest add-ons we’re squeezing every last ounce of memory the PS3 has to run our Factions mode."

That's why cross-play is not possible.

If it does go F2P (which IMO won't happen too soon as it was just released on PS4 a few months ago). What happens to users who bought the game? Do we get free stuff? Anyone know what happened in Uncharted 3 when it went F2P ?
You get more noobs to kill and see them crying "PAY TO WIN SCRUBS"? Sounds like a good enough "reward" to me. ;)

"If you’re looking to avoid falling victim to some of these new executions and weapons buy the new Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle for $3.99"

Really ND? Now people will have an excuse to cry "PAAAAAAY TO WIIIIIIN".

Evolved1

Welfare says hi.

Also:

"We had to exclude some sets from the PS3 version of the game due to memory constraints on the hardware. Yes, it seems with our latest add-ons we’re squeezing every last ounce of memory the PS3 has to run our Factions mode."

That's why cross-play is not possible.

I've been on the wrong side of a lot of steamrolls... welfare doesn't really rate there man.

Also random thought... I'm tired of buying fucking armor to only have it instantly burned off or shot off by one arrow. I would like the option to buy helmet/armor separately. I like the headshot protection, but the actual armor is prohibitively expensive for how easily you lose it on bullshit.

I've been on the wrong side of a lot of steamrolls... welfare doesn't really rate there man.

Also random thought... I'm tired of buying fucking armor to only have it instantly burned off or shot off by one arrow. I would like the option to buy helmet/armor separately. I like the headshot protection, but the actual armor is prohibitively expensive for how easily you lose it on bullshit.
That sounds like an indirect HR/MS nerf. Snipers won't appreciate it.

nicolajNN

Really disappointed that we have to buy the executions, and for Europe it sucks even more because they will be censored, the shotgun ones will be particularly pointless. I usually don't go for special executions, so it doesn't bother me too much, but still annoying. On the bright side it might give some easy kills as people try out their new moves.

Also is the tactical shotgun a purchased weapon or a normal primary one?

AKyemeni

The Last of Us Remastered – PS4 Patch 1.06 Notes

Factions Multiplayer

New DLC Executions:
- Rifle (Semi-Auto, Burst Rifle, Full Auto, Variable Rifle, Scoped Semi Auto, Scoped Full Auto)
- Automatic Rifle (Assault Rifle, Specter)
- Sniper (Hunting Rifle, Military Sniper)
- Bow
- Revolver (Revolver, El Diablo)
- Pistol (9mm, Enforcer)
- Ground Shiv (unarmed, pistol)
- Stealth Shiv (from-behind and smoke-stunned shiv executions)
- Shotgun (Shotgun, Double Barrel, Tactical Shotgun)

New DLC Weapons:
- Tactical Shotgun
- Burst Pistol
- Short Rifle
- Crossbow

New DLC Survival Skills:
- Lone Wolf
- Second Chance
- Jack of All Trades
- Lucky Break
- Lethal Efficiency

New DLC Headgear:
- Viking Hat
- Plague Mask
- Smiley Mask
- Outlaw Mask
- Ski Goggles
- Broken Gas Mask
- Urban Camo Helmet
- Ballistic Helmet

New DLC Gestures:
- Dust Myself Off
- Evil Laugh
- Game Over
- Intimidation
- You're Done
- Combat Formation
- Stretch
- I'm Watching You

Fixes:
- Agility footsteps are now as almost completely silent, like they are on PS3
- Arrows now fly in the correct direction for players observing the firing player
- Impact sounds from arrows are now audible
- Fixed a bug where a player could not send invites
- Fixed a bug that was kicking players who late-joined a game of Survivors
- Shooting a downed player who is using Fortitude 2 now deals the proper amount of damage for all users
- Scavenger 1 now gives the proper amount of ammo to a Variable Rifle user
- Fixed a crash that can occur when spectating your teammates
- Fixed several locations where graphics would drop out on High School and Hometown
- Fixed location where spawning on a teammate could result in getting stuck inside geometry on University and High School
- Fix for Late-Joiners possibly receiving more parts than intended when late-joining a game
- Fix for center supply box on University not spawning a 2x4 when opening in Survivors
- Fixed an issue with players being dropped from the lobby while searching for a matchmaking game
- Fixed a bug for a player be awarded extra stats for defensive downs in Interrogation
- Fixed a bug for a player be awarded extra stats for downing an attacker in Interrogations

Balance Changes

Weapon Balance:
- Silenced 9mm now costs one loadout point (was two)
- Full Auto Rifle now has a silencer option for two additional loadout points
- Full Auto Rifle upgrades now costs 300 / 600 parts (was 400 / 800)
- Machete now costs two loadout points instead of three
- Machete now gets one additional durability when modded

Part rewards:
- Winning 4-0 in Survivors (Absolute Victory) now gives an additional 1500 parts
- Winning 4-1 in Survivors (Decisive Victory) now gives an additional 500 parts
- Executing an enemy who is on a streak now gives an additional 200 parts. Players are considered to be on a streak when they have a total of six combined downs + executions without dying (e.g. downing and executing 3 players).
- Players late-joining into a game with unbalanced teams will receive additional 200 late-join parts for every missing player on their team

Interrogation Spawning:
- Added logic to Interrogation spawning so players who are being spawn-camped around their lockbox should spawn further away from it
- Updated Interrogation spawn points to provide more spawning options for players defending their lockbox on the following maps: Checkpoint, Lakeside, Bill’s Town, University, High School, Downtown, The Dam, Bookstore, Hometown, Bus Depot, Suburbs

TDM / Interrogation Spawning:
Adjusted some TDM / Interrogation spawns on certain maps that were causing players to spawn too far from the action -

Bill's Town
- Removed spawns behind garage

Checkpoint
- Removed spawns in back alley behind Theater building

High School
- Removed most remote spawns in locker rooms
- Removed most remote spawns in back of gymnasium
- Added spawns inside gym closer to front doors
- Removed most remote spawns in library
- Removed most remote spawns above auto shop

University
- Removed most remote spawns in administration buildings near upper start spawn
- Removed duplicate set of spawns in upstairs sniper perch room above fountain
- Removed most remote spawns in back of science building
- Removed spawns on second floor walkway in science building (behind windows)

Water Tower
- Water Tower item caches (uphill & downhill) have been move to safer locations

Cover additions:
- Added selective cover to certain map locations which needed additional protection or sightline blocking for balance.
- Checkpoint: low cover added to the ambulance outside the theater
- Lakeside: low cover added next to the shed by the boat facing the gazebo
- Lakeside: low cover added at the back of the building facing the supply box behind the general store
- University: low cover added in both hallways where supply boxes are located
- High School: low cover added behind the school bus facing the supply box outside next to the flagpole
- High School: folded tables next to hallway supply box had the gaps at the bottom covered up; same with the folded table near the library spawn
- Bill’s Town: truck at the bottom of the street had the open door and gaps below the truck blocked

Supply Box Adjustments:
- Adjusted supply box locations closest to each team spawn on Water Tower to provide more cover / defensibility

Evolved1

Lets make a gentleman's agreement, that if any of us sees the patch or DLC go up, we will post here, for the benefit of everyone.

lol

EuroGAF here.

I can't download the patch : (

All I get is ERORR NW-31251-2

I got that too at first. Try booting up the game and it should download just fine.

*cough*powerplays*cough*

Cotrip

The Frontier Rifle is amazing, it's my favorite weapon of the game. Really, really good!

Only thing I disliked about this update is the uselessness of Lethal Efficiency on interrogation. But maybe it's for the best, it would be a default skill for everyone on this mode.

I'll probably get frontier, tact shotgun, and jack of all trades. Maybe the execution one too. I have no interest in the burst pistol right now, and I don't know how I feel about the crossbow.

New DLC guns are a lot of fun, just wish the Crossbow (and most other purchasables) was worth the parts/loadout points.

Im not liking the new perks as much as the last batch of new ones. Especially Lone Wolf, you have to be extremely far away from your teamates and a lot of the time you cant help that.

DLC weapon impressions:
  • Frontier Rifle is fun to use. Little slow though, being out-gunned by the Semi-Auto. Have to do pop-shots, but the Bow and Hunting Rifle get the benefit of downing on headshots. At mid-range, people can dive into cover easily enough. Up close, it's out-matched by the Tactical Shotgun. If you do find yourself using this at close range though, 60 damage does mean it mixes well with the Machete.
  • Tactical Shotgun is god-tier. Ridiculous range for a shotgun and still has pretty good spread. Haven't had any Semi-Auto vs. Tactical Shotgun fights yet (Everyone so far has been running away from me), but this thing seems pretty damn fast. Certainly faster than the Frontier Rifle. Even if it isn't fast enough to beat a Semi-Auto, the spread makes it excellent for pop-shots to minimize risk. Can't say if it out-ranges the Shotgun, but since most Shotgun users use it at point blank for a 1-shot down, I'd say you don't have to worry.
  • I haven't used the Burst Pistol, but hearing it does 44 on headshots, I'd say go for the Burst Rifle. Still, of the Small Firearms, it is the fastest at downing. If you need a close-range emergency weapon and can control the recoil, go for it.
  • Crossbow isn't for me, but 70 plus bleed means it can be effective up close if you get the first shot. Shoot, wait a few seconds for bleed damage, rush to punch. Yes, punch. Ammo is pretty cheap too for a Purchasable. You could probably go an entire match using this if you know what you're doing. May want to bring a Shorty or Tactical Shotgun if they decide to run. First Aid Training 1 if you got hit and don't wanna risk a rushdown.
DLC skill impressions:
  • Lone Wolf is great in 2v1.5s, giving you lots of Parts for coming to a friend's rescue if you're feeling confident. The Sharpshooter 2 bonus doesn't hurt either. If you're the sneaky type, this'll help too with the Agility 2 bonus plus Sharp Ears 3 if you're using Lone Wolf 2. Survivors players will also find use for this as teammates do die and you will find yourself alone eventually. Also good if you're a one-man army. Maybe too good as you'll get even more Parts for your armor and ammo needs. lol
  • Second Chance 1 is good for those who like causing chaos and receiving all the attention while teammates are moving to a better position. Second Chance 2 is a waste because you shouldn't be that crappy at this game.
  • Lethal Efficiency is...hm...I don't know. It's a quick, safe, and pretty cool execution for two loadout points and even safer for another loadout point. On the downside, to make the most out of it, you'll need to get Executioner 2 or 3, costing you 2-7 loadout points depending on how much you want to get out of a special execution. You also lose the ability to use the new, ultra-violent executions which are worth the risk just to see. :(
  • Jack of All Trades 1 is meh. Jack of All Trades 2 isn't worth a whopping 10 loadout points as that gimps your firepower severely and doesn't net you any team-oriented skills in return.
  • Lucky Break is good for Crafters and anyone who likes causing fires and explosions. Your team doing too well will no longer severely affect your job.

For some reason it is so damn funny when you shoot someone with the crossbow and they just run away trying to find a medkit or just sit somewhere just waiting to die xD

You get more noobs to kill and see them crying "PAY TO WIN SCRUBS"? Sounds like a good enough "reward" to me. ;)

"If you’re looking to avoid falling victim to some of these new executions and weapons buy the new Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle for $3.99"

Really ND? Now people will have an excuse to cry "PAAAAAAY TO WIIIIIIN".

LOL! So YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T MIND paying win ha ha ha. Nuff said :)

The GAME is PAY TO WIN. By buying and PAYING MORE MONEY ON TOP OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE (even if you already bought it on the ps3 too), you ARE paying to gain ADVANTAGES in PERKS and/or WEAPONS.

= PAYING TO WIN.
End of.

Good point. What's the point of buying them if they're censored?

That's quite pathetic and shows the disregard by Sony to Europeans (UK here).

The Last of Us Remastered – PS4 Patch 1.06 Notes

Factions Multiplayer

New DLC Executions:
- Rifle (Semi-Auto, Burst Rifle, Full Auto, Variable Rifle, Scoped Semi Auto, Scoped Full Auto)
- Automatic Rifle (Assault Rifle, Specter)
- Sniper (Hunting Rifle, Military Sniper)
- Bow
- Revolver (Revolver, El Diablo)
- Pistol (9mm, Enforcer)
- Ground Shiv (unarmed, pistol)
- Stealth Shiv (from-behind and smoke-stunned shiv executions)
- Shotgun (Shotgun, Double Barrel, Tactical Shotgun)

New DLC Weapons:
- Tactical Shotgun
- Burst Pistol
- Short Rifle
- Crossbow

New DLC Survival Skills:
- Lone Wolf
- Second Chance
- Jack of All Trades
- Lucky Break
- Lethal Efficiency

New DLC Headgear:
- Viking Hat
- Plague Mask
- Smiley Mask
- Outlaw Mask
- Ski Goggles
- Broken Gas Mask
- Urban Camo Helmet
- Ballistic Helmet

New DLC Gestures:
- Dust Myself Off
- Evil Laugh
- Game Over
- Intimidation
- You're Done
- Combat Formation
- Stretch
- I'm Watching You

Fixes:
- Agility footsteps are now as almost completely silent, like they are on PS3
- Arrows now fly in the correct direction for players observing the firing player
- Impact sounds from arrows are now audible
- Fixed a bug where a player could not send invites
- Fixed a bug that was kicking players who late-joined a game of Survivors
- Shooting a downed player who is using Fortitude 2 now deals the proper amount of damage for all users
- Scavenger 1 now gives the proper amount of ammo to a Variable Rifle user
- Fixed a crash that can occur when spectating your teammates
- Fixed several locations where graphics would drop out on High School and Hometown
- Fixed location where spawning on a teammate could result in getting stuck inside geometry on University and High School
- Fix for Late-Joiners possibly receiving more parts than intended when late-joining a game
- Fix for center supply box on University not spawning a 2x4 when opening in Survivors
- Fixed an issue with players being dropped from the lobby while searching for a matchmaking game
- Fixed a bug for a player be awarded extra stats for defensive downs in Interrogation
- Fixed a bug for a player be awarded extra stats for downing an attacker in Interrogations

Balance Changes

Weapon Balance:
- Silenced 9mm now costs one loadout point (was two)
- Full Auto Rifle now has a silencer option for two additional loadout points
- Full Auto Rifle upgrades now costs 300 / 600 parts (was 400 / 800)
- Machete now costs two loadout points instead of three
- Machete now gets one additional durability when modded

Part rewards:
- Winning 4-0 in Survivors (Absolute Victory) now gives an additional 1500 parts
- Winning 4-1 in Survivors (Decisive Victory) now gives an additional 500 parts
- Executing an enemy who is on a streak now gives an additional 200 parts. Players are considered to be on a streak when they have a total of six combined downs + executions without dying (e.g. downing and executing 3 players).
- Players late-joining into a game with unbalanced teams will receive additional 200 late-join parts for every missing player on their team

Interrogation Spawning:
- Added logic to Interrogation spawning so players who are being spawn-camped around their lockbox should spawn further away from it
- Updated Interrogation spawn points to provide more spawning options for players defending their lockbox on the following maps: Checkpoint, Lakeside, Bill’s Town, University, High School, Downtown, The Dam, Bookstore, Hometown, Bus Depot, Suburbs

TDM / Interrogation Spawning:
Adjusted some TDM / Interrogation spawns on certain maps that were causing players to spawn too far from the action -

Bill's Town
- Removed spawns behind garage

Checkpoint
- Removed spawns in back alley behind Theater building

High School
- Removed most remote spawns in locker rooms
- Removed most remote spawns in back of gymnasium
- Added spawns inside gym closer to front doors
- Removed most remote spawns in library
- Removed most remote spawns above auto shop

University
- Removed most remote spawns in administration buildings near upper start spawn
- Removed duplicate set of spawns in upstairs sniper perch room above fountain
- Removed most remote spawns in back of science building
- Removed spawns on second floor walkway in science building (behind windows)

Water Tower
- Water Tower item caches (uphill & downhill) have been move to safer locations

Cover additions:
- Added selective cover to certain map locations which needed additional protection or sightline blocking for balance.
- Checkpoint: low cover added to the ambulance outside the theater
- Lakeside: low cover added next to the shed by the boat facing the gazebo
- Lakeside: low cover added at the back of the building facing the supply box behind the general store
- University: low cover added in both hallways where supply boxes are located
- High School: low cover added behind the school bus facing the supply box outside next to the flagpole
- High School: folded tables next to hallway supply box had the gaps at the bottom covered up; same with the folded table near the library spawn
- Bill’s Town: truck at the bottom of the street had the open door and gaps below the truck blocked

Supply Box Adjustments:
- Adjusted supply box locations closest to each team spawn on Water Tower to provide more cover / defensibility

Cheeky bastards. Months after release they FINALLY fix it.B]

The joke of this New Pay To Win, is I can't even get online at all since the update. No ticket and other manner of errors. Fuck you ND. Will be buying UC4 second hand...

edit:

Another Joke. FINALLY get in and STILL SHIT MATCHMAKING....smfh.

2nd Edit:

So that's over 1hr and 20 mins and STILL not had a game.

Now getting errors of them saying to check my NAT type. I then do it and it says #2. Then I go back in and now it says make sure your system is connected to the Internet. Wtf?

NO OTHER PS4 game I own has these problems. Even DriveClub works better than this piece of shit.

Not happy. Spent over £80 on this game (DIGITAL ps3 and ps4), getting treated like its a FUCKING FREE TO PLAY GAME and STILL CAN'T GET ONLINE. When I can get online, its with opponents with no fucking bars and getting shot round corners unless I get to host. ND and Sony are getting away with fucking murder. Wish I'd not bought digital or I'd have sold it. This aint right...

3rd Edit:

Cannot connect to ticket server...and then game crashes and I have to go out and close application. Turned ps4 off and everything.

4th Edit:

So not only is matchmaking shit, even getting into the Factions Online mode is now shit.

How do I report this?

Having to pay for weapon-specific kill animations is pretty stupid. I thought the shiv thing was tied to that neck-snap skill, but no. So is the new shiv thing faster, or is it just style over substance?

I did get the new weapons bundle because I'm tired of the stuff from vanilla/season pass. I don't know if I'll stick around when MGO releases, so I don't want to put too much more money into it.

By the way, is releasing paid content outside of a season pass normal, or just something ND and a few others do?

AKyemeni

Having to pay for weapon-specific kill animations is pretty stupid. I thought the shiv thing was tied to that neck-snap skill, but no. So is the new shiv thing faster, or is it just style over substance?

I did get the new weapons bundle because I'm tired of the stuff from vanilla/season pass. I don't know if I'll stick around when MGO releases, so I don't want to put too much more money into it.

By the way, is releasing paid content outside of a season pass normal, or just something ND and a few others do?

The new shiv animations are not faster. All the animations are style over substance

And the season pass technically ended in may, but people still wanted more, so ND gave them what they wanted.

Jinjo

So are the new perks worth it? Only one that seems decent is Lucky Break. Lethal Efficiency maybe in combination with an Executioner focused class, but you gotta give up on Collector 2 if you're running that to get parts quickly so you can buy your purchasable. Seems like you have to give up way better skills in order to make these perks work. Or am I missing something?

Edit: why can't I select the plague mask after buying the bundle?!

Top Bottom