• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

AKyemeni

So I bit the bullet

original

Vitanimus

is the MP still fairly active? I only managed to stick with it for a couple weeks after launch and then Destiny ;__; but all this new DLC looks so gewd but I'm a bit apprehensive about dipping my toes in again when everyone is probably level 200+

Filben

I just stumbled across this thread and realised for the first time I have a censored version.

But at least I'm in the mood again for some MP matches. Haven't played it for months and was pondering the last few days to play it again.

is the MP still fairly active? I only managed to stick with it for a couple weeks after launch and then Destiny ;__; but all this new DLC looks so gewd but I'm a bit apprehensive about dipping my toes in again when everyone is probably level 200+

Theres a surprising amount of players level 10 or below. The game has been on sale for $20-$25 a few times the past month. But theres almost always atleast 1 or 2 players above level 100, especially now with the new DLC that hit this week.

Which is another reason to jump back in: the DLC guns are a lot of fun and add some much needed variety in gun selection.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What the FUCK happened to this game?! The lag is absolutely ridiculous!

I've only been away from this game for a couple of months and come back to this bullshit? White plug of death all over the place for the last two days. I'm fucking done with this trash.

And it always happens when I'm about to get some easy as fuck kills. LIKE CLOCKWORK. Every time. :|

This is one of my favorite MP games ever too. This sucks.

/rant

AKyemeni

I've only been away from this game for a couple of months and come back to this bullshit? White plug of death all over the place for the last two days. I'm fucking done with this trash.

And it always happens when I'm about to get some easy as fuck kills. LIKE CLOCKWORK. Every time. :|

/rant
This is on your end. Check your connection.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This is on your end. Check your connection.
1. Never had this problem before. Never. Not on PS3 not on PS4 until now.
2. None of my other online games have lag issues like this. None.
3. I've checked my connections. Nothings out of the ordinary.
4. I Google searched this problem and it does't seem to be that rare. Just uncommon.

Gray Matter

Possibly dumb question: What movement makes me visible on the radar/listen mode?

Everything, with 2 conditions. If you have covert training 2 or 3 you won't be seen when crouch walking. And without covert training you won't be seen in listen mode, but only if you stay still and don't move at all.

/rant
1) Stop using WiFi.

2) Do this while playing:

Start -> Run -> cmd.exe -> ping -t 8.8.8.8

If you notice abnormal latency spikes or too many lost packets, then it's your connection/ISP.

wowlace

1. Never had this problem before. Never. Not on PS3 not on PS4 until now.
2. None of my other online games have lag issues like this. None.
3. I've checked my connections. Nothings out of the ordinary.
4. I Google searched this problem and it does't seem to be that rare. Just uncommon.

Stupid question incoming; were you d/l a game on psn at the time? That is the only time I get the white plug.

wowlace

Everything, with 2 conditions. If you have covert training 2 or 3 you won't be seen when crouch walking. And without covert training you won't be seen in listen mode, but only if you stay still and don't move at all.

Are you visible when crouch aiming with covert 2 and 3 or in the back pack with Covert 2 and 3?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If it does go F2P (which IMO won't happen too soon as it was just released on PS4 a few months ago). What happens to users who bought the game? Do we get free stuff? Anyone know what happened in Uncharted 3 when it went F2P ?

If it's like Uncharted 3: You can't use the Free to Play version/download that to play on your console instead of using the disc. You are locked to that disc and have to rebuy the pass/etc. for the F2P version.

Yes, that was stupid for Uncharted 3.

My friends and I decided to play this again after a month or two break only to find out there is a new weapon (which you have to buy) that causes you to bleed out if you get hit by it. What the fuck.

Gbraga

I played only one match yesterday after months of not touching the game. Took me a while to get used to the control scheme again (I've been playing The Evil Within, so I pressed R1 to crouch a lot in the first few minutes), but once I did, man, this is so fun. I don't know why I stopped playing.

The Hunting Rifle might be my favorite weapon on any TPS ever, the feedback on that weapon is incredible.

Are you guys sure that the DLC special executions are not faster?

I swear I got special executed a lot faster, but maybe I'm imagining it. That's a really big advantage if not.

Also, the tactical shotgun instantly executing any downed player in one shot: That's not different than the HR, right? These are the only two weapons that instantly execute in one shot?

Shotgun's range is a bit ridiculous, and it doesn't seem difficult to guarantee the 2 shot kill. I am noticing a whole lot of shotgunners too, as most maps have some pretty tactical shotgun-friendly range.

I'm not calling for a nerf, but it's surprising to see such a versatile gun added as almost all the other guns have seemed like distractions so far from the originals.

And how is the burst pistol in comparison to the burst rifle? That thing looks pretty damn good.

I am happy that they balanced out the basic pistol with a 1 LP silencer. Seems like it can hang with revolved, enforcer, and burst now.

Are you guys sure that the DLC special executions are not faster?

I swear I got special executed a lot faster, but maybe I'm imagining it. That's a really big advantage if not.

Also, the tactical shotgun instantly executing any downed player in one shot: That's not different than the HR, right? These are the only two weapons that instantly execute in one shot?

The new lethal efficiency perk offers a faster execution, yes, but the new weapon-specific executions are not any shorter.

The HR and bow will execute in one shot, as well as the tactical and I think the frontier too.

The new lethal efficiency perk offers a faster execution, yes, but the new weapon-specific executions are not any shorter.

The HR and bow will execute in one shot, as well as the tactical and I think the frontier too.

Ah it was a perk. Pretty cool! Seems useful, I'd think. Does it work in interrogation?

Does fortitude perk override one shot downed kills?

I played only one match yesterday after months of not touching the game. Took me a while to get used to the control scheme again (I've been playing The Evil Within, so I pressed R1 to crouch a lot in the first few minutes), but once I did, man, this is so fun. I don't know why I stopped playing.

The Hunting Rifle might be my favorite weapon on any TPS ever, the feedback on that weapon is incredible.

my man.....HR is the best weapon in the game. The sound and reload animation just make it that much better.

Best purchasable is still Shotgun.

my man.....HR is the best weapon in the game. The sound and reload animation just make it that much better.

Best purchasable is still Shotgun.

Those sweet sweet headshots. Love my rifle. Even better with the PS4 60 FPS and buff.

Shotgun is too good and now the only worthwhile purchasable. I wish the others would be just as viable. The A.R used to be commonly selected but not anymore

I'd like to see variety again

Burst pistol is OP.

So disappointed in ND or the person who though this was okay. Do you honestly think having a pistol, which outdoes the flipping burst rifle and has less recoil is any way fair? Like how does one even reach to the conclusion that it is fair.

AKyemeni

Burst pistol is OP.

So disappointed in ND or the person who though this was okay. Do you honestly think having a pistol, which outdoes the flipping burst rifle and has less recoil is any way fair? Like how does one even reach to the conclusion that it is fair.

Burst pistol is not OP.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The enforcer, shorty, and revolver are all better than it.

Burst pistol is not OP.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The enforcer, shorty, and revolver are all better than it.

Shorty has 2 clips and is easy to miss with a hefty reload time. Revolver is slow. Enforcer I can understand.

Burst pistol essentially invalidates the burst rifle. Same damage, faster rate of fire and less recoil.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Duuuude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

:(

will upload video when its ready.

Mr Git

Coming from playing this a lot on PS3 (without buying any of the map packs) I've noticed there's a huge increase in the amount of people using the paid for perks and weapons. Not sure if I like it. Playing online with the new maps and with the increased resolution and framerate is definitely worth it, mind.

AKyemeni

We just pushed out a live update to Matchmaking on PS3 (version 1.11.020) and PS4 (version 1.06.020) which enables KDR filtering in matchmaking.

Before the latest patch, the first few stages of matchmaking would look for hosts who met a variety of criteria (latency, region, language). One of these criteria was the host having a similar experience level as the player searching for a match (based on the number of weeks played - the number next to your name in the lobby). Since this rarely worked effectively (as many of you here have noted), and experience doesn't always equate to skill, we're trying an experiment to see if using a Kill to Death Ratio (KDR) filter will result in more even matches.

Now instead of using the experience level criteria the first few stages of matchmaking will look for hosts who meet the core criteria of latency / region / language and have a KDR within a similar range to the player searching (+/- 0.6). If a player cannot find a host within a similar KDR range they will continue to look for hosts that match the core criteria, so even if KDR filtering fails players will still be searching for low-latency matches.

And on the topic of latency, we have another change to matchmaking coming which we hope will improve latency, but we need to roll these changes out in stages so we can examine the stats and your feedback to see how they're performing.

Let us know in this thread if you are finding: A) matches are more evenly matched, B) matches are less evenly matched, or C) no perceived change. Note that there will still be matches where KDR filtering does not succeed (as mentioned above) so this isn't something that will likely be noticeable after just a few matches, but more of something that should help over longer play periods. It should also be noted that KDR of course isn't a perfect measure of player skill and even if players are evenly matched it doesn't mean they will be playing at the same level as their historic performance. So basically it's not perfect but it should help over the long term.

Also note that this change is independent of the team-balancing that occurs between matches. That also uses KDR and tries to allocate players so that both teams have a combined KDR that is as equal as possible.

We'll also be monitoring various stats so if we see a jump in average latency or matchmaking times we can make changes to this experimental feature. Since matchmaking changes require testing in a real-world environment to propery evaluate we appreciate your patience and feedback as we try this out.

http://community.us.playstation.com...ng-KDR-filtering-v-020/m-p/44817723#U44817723

Top Bottom