• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not a fan of the missions, because they encourage you to play for the mission, rather than for your team. Eg I'm doing one now that needs me to get x number of bomb kills, which isn't how I usually play

Disguises

we gave up after an hour. will not return until its fixed
Yeah. 5 games in 5 hours for us. Had the whole night free to play this with a friend and I'm more than disappointed. Won't be playing again till it's fixed either.

Annoyingly, the last 2 games we played were against similar levelled people and we did pretty well and started to enjoy it. Oh well. Hopefully it get's fixed soon.

chaosaeon

So the whole Multiplayer is called Factions. And it's the Hunters Vs the Fireflies right ? How awesome would it have been to actually have the choice of factions from the SP ? Think, booting up the 12 weeks and choosing between the Hunters, Fireflies, Military (swat and others from the government quarantines etc) or
the Cannibals ?

Would add so much visual diversity to the game. As for incorporating it into the system in place ie. you see everyone as fireflies if you picked hunter and they'll see you as a firefly if they picked hunter, that could really just have the other team randomized from one of the other 3 then. Personally I'd love to play as the swat and military as a faction. Just seems very basic as it's called factions and there are only 2 factions to choose from. Could even add another to represent small bands of survivors not affiliated with the others.

Alienous

"Yeah, let's split the community for this team based shooter by allowing a playlist without organised teams"

Naughty Dog's multiplayer development team are goofy goobers.

Not a fan of the missions, because they encourage you to play for the mission, rather than for your team. Eg I'm doing one now that needs me to get x number of bomb kills, which isn't how I usually play

I actually like the missions because it forces you to try new weapons and play styles. I play with a random class every week, so I am used to changing my styles.

Only thing that I hate is when you set your challenge to mark enemies, and everyone in a lobby has covert training enabled. Can't do too much then.

I love that there is a "no parties" playlist. 99% of my time I don't "party up." Nothing worse than going against a full squad of good players when you are teamed up with little kids who shoot at the ceiling.

AKyemeni

"Yeah, let's split the community for this team based shooter by allowing a playlist without organised teams"

People complained about it, that's why.

I wanted to remove no parties and Survivors mode and just have supply raid and interrogation. Just 2 play lists to choose from.

Gray Matter

So let's say you're playing alone. Since there isn't a "no parties" option you're forced to play against a team of 3-4 that will kick your ass.

Makes sense.

So the whole Multiplayer is called Factions. And it's the Hunters Vs the Fireflies right ? How awesome would it have been to actually have the choice of factions from the SP ? Think, booting up the 12 weeks and choosing between the Hunters, Fireflies, Military (swat and others from the government quarantines etc) or
the Cannibals ?

Would add so much visual diversity to the game. As for incorporating it into the system in place ie. you see everyone as fireflies if you picked hunter and they'll see you as a firefly if they picked hunter, that could really just have the other team randomized from one of the other 3 then. Personally I'd love to play as the swat and military as a faction. Just seems very basic as it's called factions and there are only 2 factions to choose from. Could even add another to represent small bands of survivors not affiliated with the others.

That sounds great actually.

Jobbs

Banned
can you customize your actual character's appearance other than accessories? I mean like -- male/female, face, hair, whatever? I peaked into MP and didn't see anything like this.

Alienous

So let's say you're playing alone. Since there isn't a "no parties" option you're forced to play against a team of 3-4 that will kick your ass.

Makes sense.

Absolutely.

If you're going into it with a lone gun mentality, and you aren't trying to even non-verbally cooperate with your team, you deserve to be stomped.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The past 3 times I've gotten on today, when I've first loaded into MP I got into a game right away. But, if I leave and try to find another game, I get stuck waiting forever. I just tried backing into the main menu and then into MP, and I got into a game right away again.

can you customize your actual character's appearance other than accessories? I mean like -- male/female, face, hair, whatever? I peaked into MP and didn't see anything like this.

It's randomized other than the accessories. I wish I could pick what my character looks like too but alas we can not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a few matches earlier. I had some tips from a friend who plays a ton on PS3 so that combined with the added res/framerate and improved audio I was able to do a lot better than before. This feels great once you get the hang of it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think solo queues is one of the absolute best things in a team based game. I love it in dota2, as well.

Alienous

Exactly. Every shooter should have no parties mode.

If you have a game like CounterStrike or SOCOM, heavily team based shooters, I disagree. If you want the matchmaking to favour pitting lone wolves against eachother fair enough, but you shouldn't let the community be split.

Where is the fun in that? Getting my ass handed to me repeatedly would just make me hate the game.

And playing a multiplayer game anti-socially against an equally uncoordinated team makes you love the game?

chaosaeon

Still don't understand why this isn't an option. Just have it so when you click customize, a "customize Hunter appearance" and "customize Firefly appearance" option both show up and you can choose how others will see you whether they picked the same faction as you or not. No complications, and people can finally choose their race and gender.

Alienous

Still don't understand why this isn't an option. Just have it so when you click customize, a "customize Hunter appearance" and "customize Firefly appearance" option both show up and you can choose how others will see you whether they picked the same faction as you or not. No complications, and people can finally choose their race and gender.

I actually like the fact that everyone has to play as all genders and races equally.

Zareka

It took me forever to find a match when I first tried this afternoon (EU), but after that initial search I was getting consecutive matches by just staying in the lobby.

Also, I'll be up for playing with people whenever I'm on. PSN ID: Zareka2323.

No mic tho.

Gray Matter

And playing a multiplayer game anti-socially against an equally uncoordinated team makes you love the game?

No because I don't play TLoU alone. It is unplayable and boring playing it alone.

The only times that I've played this alone is when no one else is online and I really want to play. Besides that, I never play it alone.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I agree.

ND placed themselves in a position to be one of the rare devs to actually acknowledge that people besides white males play video games and.... they dropped the ball.

I've played with a bunch of girls in the TLOU MP and they've almost all agreed that they wish they could just keep playing as females. I wish I could keep playing as a brown guys too.

ND kinda dropped the ball.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I finally called Comcast a day ago and walked through a bunch of troubleshooting with the CS rep on the phone and while i'll never know if this was the only reason it was broken (obviously not as others are still having issues) it looks like they either had my plan in completely wrong on my modem or had throttled me for whatever reason and never picked it back up to the High Speed package rates.

I was 12-13.5 down and like 5 or 5 up

She has me cycle my modem .. pauses and stumbles her words for a minute "I'll be right back if you can please hold for a few moments..." Jumps back on the line "ok I think we should have gotten your speeds taken care of can you test your connection again?"

60 down and 10.8 up.

I connect to matches just like when I was playing on the ps3 now. Maybe one minute or two before I'm full of players.

One of the new maps that is in like a bunch of backyards or something(?) was super fun and I tried out the new automatic rifle. thing is op as fuck imo.

GQman2121

Banned
I just had a prompt appear saying that I was kicked from a game and I was taken to the main Fractions menu. I've never had that happen before. It took twenty minutes to connect too. :/

viveks86

Hope this community stays healthy. I don't plan to start MP till I get through the main game and left behind on grounded difficulty with photo mode. See you in September!

madp0k

Well played for 4 or 5 hrs straight, cant get into Supply Raid or Survivors, so had to get farmed on interrogation. Was getting 3 mates into the mp for first time, they enjoyed it but it was hard work when your getting mullered, Supply Raid probably would of been better but alas no. Loving it though.

I don't wanna play against well drilled and organised teams of four when I am playing without friends :( you can only do so much when communicating with randoms to combat that. Atleast in no parties everyone is on an equal footing.

Top Bottom