• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cool, sent a request.

Also, in regards to missions... since I suck, which ones should I choose? I know if you fail them, you basically lose all your progress, but a lot of them seem impossible.

Uploading Video Soon

BuANZIpIEAAk3RU.jpg
World record?

Hugstable

Banned
Played 3 rounds of Survival earlier and it actually went pretty well. Ended up winning all 3 games with randoms and really enjoyed what I played so far. I still don't understand how everything works with the survivors and other points, but the online mode itself is really fun in that you can collect items and craft stuff to help you get to victory. Kinda fun getting materials for smoke bombs or grenades to help flank out the enemy.

Strider

Played 3 rounds of Survival earlier and it actually went pretty well. Ended up winning all 3 games with randoms and really enjoyed what I played so far. I still don't understand how everything works with the survivors and other points, but the online mode itself is really fun in that you can collect items and craft stuff to help you get to victory. Kinda fun getting materials for smoke bombs or grenades to help flank out the enemy.

Aw yea glad you ended up trying it! It's similar to Counter Strike in some ways... kinda lol

Allforce

I'm pretty new but I'd like to play with some GAF people who are chatting and having a good time, send me an invite now, AllforcePSN is the tag.

I'll try to hold my own but I'm just looking to have fun, not get super serious.

Hugstable

Banned
Aw yea glad you ended up trying it! It's similar to Counter Strike in some ways... kinda lol

Yeah the mode I played actually is alot like CS in that there are no respawns and it's very team oriented. The whole collect and craft aspect adds alot to the MP as well since you want to travel together to find stuff so you don't get cornered off by the enemy. I learned quick how fast you can drop from gunfire.

So uh....me and a friend have been trying to find a match for 30 mins. It's just constantly stuck on searching for optimal game. Is there a trick to get this working?

Strider

So uh....me and a friend have been trying to find a match for 30 mins. It's just constantly stuck on searching for optimal game. Is there a trick to get this working?

after a couple minutes back out and try again. it seems it easy finds a match quick or it never finds one at all.

Darknight

This MP I got to say is very enjoyable. I have been playing Supply Drop for the longest time and just tried Survival and wow its even better! I like how it has rounds. Reminds me of Socom.

I haven tried Interrogations that much only twice but I got to spend more time on it. I feel that mode is really hard with randoms. Only complaint is time it takes to join a game.

The Bow is one of the best weapons in the game. 2 hit to the body, and 1 hit the head for a kill. If anything it's a little OP.

Eh I get like 10 downs with a semi in an interrogation. At most 2 with a bow, sometimes zero.

Travel distance, draw vibration, arrow drop. Not worth using a bow. Gonna fail this mission, but whatever.

Edit: Oh yeah not to mention shooting the wall in front of you when you're doing cover fire.

ramuh

Man. Got f-uped in a few games from being put on the other team. I have one healthy person and like 80 sick and hungry.

XxCGSxX

I'm new to this, so parts are turned into supplies, ok so if I buy something from the store while in the match do I get less supplies or is it still counted towards the end of the match?
Oh and someone please give me a starting loadout suggestion please!

ramuh

I'm new to this, so parts are turned into supplies, ok so if I buy something from the store while in the match do I get less supplies or is it still counted towards the end of the match?
Oh and someone please give me a starting loadout suggestion please!

No you can use whatever supplies in the game to get armor etc. It won't effect your end total. I would actually try to use every bit of them. You get parts from crafting etc.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I have never been a fan of this MP and after trying it again, I'm still not a fan. The whole play style of it is just boring and per fucking staple with every ND MP game, the matchmaking sucks with awful team balance. That or it takes forever to find a match, which I'm aware they are "fixing".

Interrogations in particular is shit because people are there just to farm kills. Three matches in a row where the other parties stop opening the safes and farm kills. They even memorize the spawn locations so they're ready to wreck you the instant you spawn. Fucking stupid.

Won't be coming back to this that much, if at all.

ramuh

As for loadout, I started out using a healing/support class. You can use Crafting 2 or First Aid 2. These allow you to heal teammates, or craft items to give to them. You get parts for all of this. That was my beginning thing. Also I recommend using sharpshooter (takes 1 or 2 loadout points) to ease how to learn how to shoot weapons. It reduces sway and stuff. A little easier to use until you know how each weapon is going to react.

Top Bottom