• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Just quickly put together this graphic for the thread. Feel free to use it in the first post if you want, Gray matter.

gyPGbPT.png

2398122-3635749170-innxo.gif

Well done.

PSN: superBOSS_000 (3 zeroes)
timezone: EST (eastern)
will be playing this alot, and i do play a variety of other games. I do use a mic, and if you add me plz tell me you are from gaf/who u are on gaf.

Mullah88

Coming from a Socom background, feel free to add YoungMullah88 or xShadow__Woif double underscore and "i" instead of L. Eastern Time random play hours...marathons are in

Gumbie

In the survivors mode when you die and your waiting for the round to finish can the dead people from each talk to each other while spectating the alive players?

Stig94

Neo Member
Never played the multiplayer, is it still worthwhile even if you play solo?

As in the OP it says requires teamwork and communication

Gray Matter

In the survivors mode when you die and your waiting for the round to finish can the dead people from each talk to each other while spectating the alive players?

Yea, that really does help.

Never played the multiplayer, is it still worthwhile even if you play solo?

As in the OP it says requires teamwork and communication

It is, but be prepared to be a little frustrated with your teammates playing lone wolf style.

Gumbie

Yea, that really does help.

Awesome. That's the way it was in the old Gears of War games and I met some cool people shooting the shit waiting on the round to end, or we would all take bets on who was going to win if it came down to only two survivors left

Strider

Subscribed to the thread and added my name to the doc. Played about 20 hours of the MP n the PS3 but that was all solo. Looking forward to playing with others this time around.

Gibran7

Really excited for the multi for this game, especially in 1080p and 60 fps. I loved gears 1 multi and if this is anything close to it in the sense of teamwork, I'm game. Feel free to add me on psn: Gibran7

What's the learning curve like, Gaf?

I've played a lot of Gears, but I'm beyond rusty. I'd say that, in general, I'm fairly proficient with TPS games.

Palocca

What's the learning curve like, Gaf?

I've played a lot of Gears, but I'm beyond rusty. I'd say that, in general, I'm fairly proficient with TPS games.

It's much more slower paced than other multiplayer shooters. Sticking with your team is crucial to winning. I thought it was fairly difficult when you first start, but it's extremely rewarding if you stick it out. I think it's one of the most intense, entertaining modes I've played for a while.

It's much more slower paced than other multiplayer shooters. Sticking with your team is crucial to winning. I thought it was fairly difficult when you first start, but it's extremely rewarding if you stick it out. I think it's one of the most intense, entertaining modes I've played for a while.

You can lone wolf once you get good at the game. In fact I would often flank the enemy as my team of randoms failed to do much of anything.

I'm so torn on whether to just jump into the multiplayer or the single player. I'll probably do SP first but sprinkle in some MP when my friends are on. This wait, man, this wait.

DC1

Nothing like a marks mission where you forget to mark for two days.
Here's to looking forward to forgetting to mark in 1080p.

Cheers. ..to myself.

SZips

Just added myself to the Google Doc. I haven't played this game at all yet but the MP sounds like it will be fun.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm so torn on whether to just jump into the multiplayer or the single player. I'll probably do SP first but sprinkle in some MP when my friends are on. This wait, man, this wait.

I'm diving right into MP until October.

That will be a perfect time to start my first hard mode w/ listen off run (only played once at launch, on medium w/ listen mode.) Nice and Halloween-y.

I'm diving right into MP until October.

That will be a perfect time to start my first hard mode w/ listen off run (only played once at launch, on medium w/ listen mode.) Nice and Halloween-y.

I think I'll just start out with my first playthrough on hard w/ listen off. I've heard that's the best and I want the challenge.

zlatko

Banned
GAF I will be all over this next week. Story first then MP probably Thursday/Friday/all weekend.

PSN: OutlawOcelot

CANNOT WAIT! :D

farmerboy

Never played MP before as I have a single player preference. Journey doesn't count as it should be played that way.

But this is the game that will get me into MP.

Hopefully I don't get my arse kicked.

Gonna get my arse kicked hard!

Loved loved loved the MP on the PS3 ver. Had so much fun with a community here on GAF (footy-GAF). The share feature will be amazing for this game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how is the player customization in this? i know there are dlc hats and stuff to buy with real money, but are there a lot of in game options to earn/use? can i change the face/color of my character?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
how is the player customization in this? i know there are dlc hats and stuff to buy with real money, but are there a lot of in game options to earn/use? can i change the face/color of my character?

nah, race/gender is random, but hats, masks, and emblems galore!

Never played MP before as I have a single player preference. Journey doesn't count as it should be played that way.

But this is the game that will get me into MP.

Hopefully I don't get my arse kicked.

Gonna get my arse kicked hard!

So hard. When I started I got destroyed and I play multiplayer games a ton. Even Gears. But keep with it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Hoping we get some sweet MP gameplay footage today during the Naught Dog twitch stream! Little over 3 hours from now

Daximuss

Thanks for creating this. Now it will be so much easier to add newfound friends on PSN and set up groups to play the MP.

I'm really looking forward to playing this next week.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
2 different streams or is the second one just a replay?

AKyemeni

I am level 380 in TLOU on PS3, so I don't know the exact criteria, but when I logged on to the multiplayer on PS4, I was instantly awarded 1000 supplies and 2 extra loadout points to start, which means I have some things unlocked and I know have 11 loadout points instead of 9 for my custom loadouts.

Gray Matter

I am level 380 in TLOU on PS3, so I don't know the exact criteria, but when I logged on to the multiplayer on PS4, I was instantly awarded 1000 supplies and 2 extra loadout points to start, which means I have some things unlocked and I know have 11 loadout points instead of 9 for my custom loadouts.

Probably the preorder bonus?

ksdixon

"Financial Plaza" doesn't take place inside the hotel like I originally thought from the picture of it. It's based on Pittsburg (but I can't remember what part of the game this is). With my luck it'll be around the hotel rather than in it, similar to how Capital map takes place mostly outside the Capital Building, and has a vastly different interior, as though ND are playing a game of ''corrupt a wish'' with me.

They also referenced the other map as ''The Beach'', so it seems to take place on the beach around Ish's boat, and not inside the sewers themselves. Crap!

No Hotel upper, Hotel basement, FireFly HQ, or Mall escalator area from Left Behind as MP maps? Disappointing.

"Financial Plaza" doesn't take place
inside the hotel
like I originally thought from the picture of it. It's based on Pittsburg (but I can't remember what part of the game this is). With my luck it'll be around
the hotel rather than in it
, similar to how Capital map takes place mostly
outside the Capital Building
, and has a vastly different interior, as though ND are playing a game of ''corrupt a wish'' with me.

They also referenced the other map as ''The Beach'', so it seems to take place on
the beach around Ish's boat, and not inside the sewers themselves. Crap!

No
Hotel upper, Hotel basement, FireFly HQ, or Mall escalator area from Left Behind as MP maps? Disappointing

ever think of spoiler tagging a few things?

Top Bottom