• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

I used 3 different loadouts. One with a hunting/military rifle combo, a burst rifle and launcher combo, and a revolver with diablo combo.
What about support skills?

As for the El Diablo, I've never had any success so I've used it maybe twice. I tried the launcher a few times, but I found it too costly for my playstyle.

Ah it's a shame I can't play some games with you, or most of the gaffers I've joined in the past.

Gaz_RB

I used 3 different loadouts. One with a hunting/military rifle combo, a burst rifle and launcher combo, and a revolver with diablo combo.

Yooo we should be on the same team when the game comes out

Mostly because I don't ever want to face you

AKyemeni

What about support skills?

As for the El Diablo, I've never had any success so I've used it maybe twice. I tried the launcher a few times, but I found it too costly for my playstyle.

Ah it's a shame I can't play some games with you, or most of the gaffers I've joined in the past.
I use first aid training 2 for the El diablo loadout.

Gray Matter

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the long load times considering everything is on the PS4 HDD. I guess it's that way to account for setting everything up.

I never found the loading time unbearable. They could have been faster tho, but not a deal breaker.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the long load times considering everything is on the PS4 HDD. I guess it's that way to account for setting everything up.

It's only odd because I distinctly recall ND claiming that the MP load times were improved.

Q: What are the new features for Factions in The Last of Us Remastered?

Erin Daly: Well, first off we are running the game at 1080p and targeting 60 fps. The power of PS4 and some of our talented engineers were able to significantly improve the load times.

Were the PS3 load times worse than I remember? In Remastered, it looks like it takes about 1:05-1:10 from the loadout screen until the match starts. Crazy long.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Were the PS3 load times worse than I remember? In Remastered, it looks like it takes about 1:05-1:10 from the loadout screen until the match starts. Crazy long.

Noticed that too. PS4 loading time is worse than PS3.. Very annoying, since I was really excited for a speed upgrade.

Gray Matter

Åesop;122828425 said:
Noticed that too. PS4 loading time is worse than PS3.. Very annoying, since I was really excited for a speed upgrade.

Maybe it's because there aren't enough players?

doesn't many sense I know.

Full match.

Here are my first 3 games:

original

original

original

Damn son! Give them a chance, we don't want negative reviews for MP lol

I really want to play against you ;)

AKyemeni

Åesop;122828425 said:

Actually they are faster. The problem is that when everyone is far away and people's internet is not as robust, the game takes a long time to load.

I am able to start a private match WAY faster than on PS3.

^ So, run into any lag yet? It really turned me off from the MP at the tail end of the PS3 version, and I ultimately sold it (for the PS4 version).

But right now, I'm pretty upset with the scoped weapons and more map gouging.

OH! How are the scoped weapons?? Can you please upload gameplay/test it out? They look very OP and it baffles me how they designed them, because gun balance was so good at PS3 launch.

Never played the MP on Ps3, but I will be playing it from the start on Ps4. Feel free to add me, I usually am on at night.

Psn Pandora012
EST

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Åesop;122828425 said:
Aww man don't say that... load times was one of the things I was hoping got improved in this version.

Is there gonna be like some sort of GAF clan for this?
Naughty Dog games don't have robust clan systems. You can input a custom clan tag, but that's pretty much it. There's no clan roster or anything else you'd expect in a game with a clan system.

Gray Matter

^ So, run into any lag yet? It really turned me off from the MP at the tail end of the PS3 version, and I ultimately sold it (for the PS4 version).

OH! How are the scoped weapons?? Can you please upload gameplay/test it out? They look very OP and it baffles me how they designed them, because gun balance was so good at PS3 launch.

The new weapons are DLC, they don't come day 1

AKyemeni

The scoped weapons aren't there yet.

As for lag, right now there is some, but that's because it's pre release right now.

AKyemeni

So it's similar to Uncharted 3 in that respect? Ok. GAF can be put in as our collective custom clan tag then? It would be cool if we could easily identify each other online and maybe form parties and such (similar to U3).

There are no clan tags in TLoU...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So it's similar to Uncharted 3 in that respect? Ok. GAF can be put in as our collective custom clan tag then? It would be cool if we could easily identify each other online and maybe form parties and such (similar to U3).
Yup, just like U2 and U3.

There are no clan tags in TLoU...
I could have sworn that it had them, guess I'm wrong though. My bad.

I really should have buddied-up with gaf last year while the PS3 multiplayer was still fresh and hot. I don't know why I did both journeys solo. Playing with gaf is an incredibly fun experience.

Does anyone know if they've updated the in-game friend list to show how many people are in a party? On the PS3 I'd always have to fiddle about sending messages to see who had space.

GeNoMe

I decided to cancel my EU copy of the game, and went for a US copy instead.
Need to get my gore on son. Too bad i'll be waiting a bit longer till I recieve the game tough :'(

thenexus6

I have played 4-5 games online (never played the game before) boy I am not doing very well.. I would stream but I don't want to embarrass myself!

Any starting tips?

Strider

GAF what makes the multi so good in this game?

Ultimately to do well it comes down to not just your skills as far as aiming, etc but about out smarting your opponents. It's the perfect combination of strategy and action that makes it very rewarding to play.

FHIZ

I never touched the PS3 version's multiplayer, mainly due to there being a big gap in time between starting and finishing the game's story for me, but hearing all the positive thoughts on the MP really started making me antsy... Long story short, here I am with an Amazon pre order for the new version. I'm in!

Top Bottom