• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

tanod

when is my burrito
So I'm about to preorder on PSN because I want to play tonight at 12 ET.

Only....I get this:

snip

Just so we're clear - this is WRONG, right?

I just preordered and got the same thing. I wasn't worried. We'll get it the same time everybody else does.

Thanks guys. It's done. I now have a digital copy and a fully paid off physical copy.

Curse my impatience and reckless abandon for my hard earned money!

antitrop

qtNfbkI.gif

Will this thread go through the same thing every midnight launch does - where it takes up to a half hour for some peoples stores to update and everyone loses their shit that it's not available right on the hour?

I love when that happens

Will this thread go through the same thing every midnight launch does - where it takes up to a half hour for some peoples stores to update and everyone loses their shit that it's not available right on the hour?

I love when that happens
I guarantee you that will not happen tonight.

That is totally gonna happen.

Remember guys, this WILL NOT go live at 12am eastern. Its gonna be closer to 12.15-12.30, so don't freak out when the store doesn't change.

Its just Sony being halfwits as usual.

One-Shot

Banned

I love when that happens
lol it is inevitable.

I still have my doubts it's actually going up at 12ET.

antitrop

I'll pick up a physical copy from Gamestop on my way home from work tomorrow afternoon, so I can trade in TLoU PS3 and Watch_Dogs.

I love when that happens

It's Sonys (and every other digital storefronts) fault that they can't live up to their end of the bargain. They should have the thing go live at 11:30 if it needs half an hour to kick in.

ramuh

I love when that happens

I can hear, "WTF SOONY! Wheres my GAME?!"

Hehe.

Mononoke

Banned
Remember guys, this WILL NOT go live at 12am eastern. Its gonna be closer to 12.15-12.30, so don't freak out when the store doesn't change.

Its just Sony being halfwits as usual.

If you check the Sony Store website it will sometimes show up sooner than the console. You log in to your account then download it from your computer which will start the download on your console.

Worked with Infamous Second Son.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

(log in at top then start searching for it after 9)

To buy or not to buy. At first glance the game looks like a generic third person shooter that I've played before but with a good story. Is it more than this? I need to know!!

-griffy-

Banned
To buy or not to buy. At first glance the game looks like a generic third person shooter that I've played before but with a good story. Is it more than this? I need to know!!
This thread has reached 100 pages in a week because we all think it's just a generic third person shooter.

N° 2048

If you check the Sony Store website it will sometimes show up sooner than the console. You log in to your account then download it from your computer which will start the download on your console.

Worked with Infamous Second Son.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

(log in at top then start searching for it after 9)

This and sometimes if shows Free and you have to add it to cart and checkout. Like PS+ games.

Obviously only if you already paid for it.

antitrop

What you're describing is pretty much Spec Ops: The Line. I would say The Last of Us is quite a bit more than that, yes.

(I'm totally making this up but I deal with software distribution for work which has a client/server setup likely similar to stores like PSN)

Sony flips the switch at 12, but your console which is the "client" doesn't see that until it receives word from the store. Even though you all SEE the same store - which is to say, it appears the same - you may be hitting various distribution points/servers for the store information. These servers ALSO have to sync up with the primary site that Sony updates at 12, which is why different people see it go live at different times.

The web store does not have this problem as it can access the central store more directly and force the download to your system - so that can be quicker.

Idk but it sounds like it could be right

Top Bottom