• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Stantron

Good luck to people doing Grounded from the start. I know a lot of people that did Grounded on PS3 did it with the new game plus exploit that allowed them to carry over their previous game's upgrades. I expect a true Grounded run to be pretty brutal. I think I'll do it anyway since I'm a bit of a masochist who doesn't mind repeated deaths. :)

ShutterMunster

I only played the game through once on PS3 and I did it on Hard, so I started this run through on Survival. Don't think I'll ever play it on Grounded. Never been one for super hard game experiences. Always impressed by those who stick through it.

Shoeless

Anyone messed around with the new audio options yet? I'm using a SteelSeries H that normally uses virtual 7.1 audio, got it plugged in through the optical output, and the Dolby audio is turned on, but when I plug it in, the 7.1 option for headphones disappears and it auto-defaults to stereo. Any ideas on how to correct this?

ShutterMunster

I got to say, I'm not a huge 60FPS stan, but I just switched from 60 to 30 and wow. I can't believe how sluggish it feels. It felt so choppy. Never had many issues with the feel of it on PS3, but there really isn't any going back after you experience it in 60 frames.

Good luck to people doing Grounded from the start. I know a lot of people that did Grounded on PS3 did it with the new game plus exploit that allowed them to carry over their previous game's upgrades. I expect a true Grounded run to be pretty brutal. I think I'll do it anyway since I'm a bit of a masochist who doesn't mind repeated deaths. :)

Death in TLOU is so gruesome and awesome that I don't mind it the 10th time. I lose my shit after that!

terrible

Banned
Will I have to play it on grounded twice to get the grounded+ trophy? I don't normally care about trophies but I kind of want that one. I think I can deal with one playthrough on that difficulty but twice? Nahhhh.

Metfanant

Anyone messed around with the new audio options yet? I'm using a SteelSeries H that normally uses virtual 7.1 audio, got it plugged in through the optical output, and the Dolby audio is turned on, but when I plug it in, the 7.1 option for headphones disappears and it auto-defaults to stereo. Any ideas on how to correct this?

the console is (correctly) detecting that you only have a stereo headset...and downmixing the audio for you...

lemmykoopa

I got to say, I'm not a huge 60FPS stan, but I just switched from 60 to 30 and wow. I can't believe how sluggish it feels. It felt so choppy. Never had many issues with the feel of it on PS3, but there really isn't any going back after you experience it in 60 frames.

This.

Is 30 fps in tlou ps4 different than other games at 30 fps or even tlou on ps3? I was playing on 60 fps for a good hour then changed to 30 fps and it was awful, very choppy, almost vomit inducing. Thing is Ive never experienced this before with a game at 30 before, hell i even completed gta v which supposedly had frequent drops to 20 and never noticed anything.

Mad1723

This.

Is 30 fps in tlou ps4 different than other games at 30 fps or even tlou on ps3? I was playing on 60 fps for a good hour then changed to 30 fps and it was awful, very choppy, almost vomit inducing. Thing is Ive never experienced this before with a game at 30 before, hell i even completed gta v which supposedly had frequent drops to 20 and never noticed anything.

Welcome to 60 FPS, you will never go back now that you have tasted the dark side!

This.

Because in < 1 minute going from 60fps to 30fps you will feel the difference immediately. Also the game is mostly at constant 60fps making the difference even more noticeable.

Stoze

This.

30 fps is 30 fps man. Granted TLOU on PS3 had more than a few frame drops, but I would say less than GTA V. People just forget how good 60fps looks until you play it against a 30fps game/mode back to back.

Man

I wouldn't recommend Grounded to any first time players. Do Hard with Listen-Mode Off. Then on the second play-through do whatever.

Linconan

Grimløck;123122834 said:
how are the shadows?!

Fine.
The Shadows look great.
Haven't noticed anything standing out that's bad, less, or whatnot...
I'm too much drooling atm,lol

I've played The Last of Us on Playstation 3 and recently to prepare for the Remaster, and the Playstation 4 version looks tons better than.
Smooth, Pleasing on the eyes (that's not to say the ps3 version wasn't).
Playing in 60 is awesome, so smooth.
But, i get a judder rarely and i don't know if it's the game, or my Tv. I'm leaning towards Tv though, and it's going to be a good excuse to my wife so i can upgrade. heheh

Krayzie

If I download the MP section first, can I shutdown my PS and resume the rest later while playing MP?
Reason being I want to move the PS to another room.

d9b

Banned
Because in < 1 minute going from 60fps to 30fps you will feel the difference immediately. Also the game is mostly at constant 60fps making the difference even more noticeable.
He is super sensitive to it...The same way you and I are super sensitive to BS!

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
Anyone else having trouble remotely download TLOU? (On PC). Haven't done this before, I thought I would be able to find the game in my download list, but it's not there, though other games and apps are. When I search for the game on the web store it still asks if I want to preorder, not buy. (And my purchase isn't registered, even though I know it went through, because it's listed in the purchase history)

HORRORSHØW

Fine.
The Shadows look great.
Haven't noticed anything standing out that's bad, less, or whatnot...
I'm too much drooling atm,lol

I've played The Last of Us on Playstation 3 and recently to prepare for the Remaster, and the Playstation 4 version looks tons better than.
Smooth, Pleasing on the eyes (that's not to say the ps3 version wasn't).
Playing in 60 is awesome, so smooth.
But, i get a judder rarely and i don't know if it's the game, or my Tv. I'm leaning towards Tv though, and it's going to be a good excuse to my wife so i can upgrade. heheh

fantastic. can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow.

milkham

Can you use the sound profile for the PS3 version on your Gold Wireless 2.0 headset or is there a specific one for the PS4 to download?

i dont think there was one for the gold headset, it was only for the pulse elites at least last time i looked. i think the gold headset has been neglected in this respect.

Plasma

Banned
Think I'll just leave my PS4 on standby while I go to work and then it'll be done by the time I get back.

At the moment it's only downloading 11GB of the download, does anyone know if it will download the rest while in standby mode?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Holy shit. I'm blown away. My asshole is ready.

say+what.gif

I wouldn't recommend Grounded to any first time players. Do Hard with Listen-Mode Off. Then on the second play-through do whatever.

Have you tried it? If so, what can I expect from Grounded? I've completed it on Hard, then Survivor, then at least 5x Survivor on new game +.
I became a very efficient killer in TLOU. Probably the game I played through the most last year.

This is what I said in the other thread. You're fine with 30 as long as you're playing it in 30 for a while. But as soon as you switch to 60 you can see how much smoother and better everything is until your eyes get used to it. Then when you switch back to 30 you can instantly see the sluggish, stuttering mess that you couldn't before.

This remaster looks pretty incredible for sure. And I think I walked around a lot more at the start tonight that I did a year ago. You see a
birthday card that you never got to give to Joel
and I certainly don't remember seeing that. I only played up to the
beginning of the mainline story in Summer
. Took a bunch of "infected" style screenshots along the way. I'm gonna have to turn the feature off though. I really wont finish the game if I'm stopping every 5 seconds to look screencap everything.

Can't wait to continue the play through after work.

Also, I think it's best if I go to a spoiler thread (I assume there's one) and let you newbies experience it for the first time without me.

dragn

in my game there are textures extreme blurry at the beginning :<

also the 30fps isnt normal watch dogs is way smoother

Damn it looks so good. I just saved and quit about an hour in and clicked on the MP. It started downloading in-game, in the menu, and I'm at 85% and it's taken about 20 mins. It seems like it won't download the MP in standby.

Krejlooc

Banned
28 minutes till this finishes downloading. I just want a peak before going to bed. Tomorrow is going to be such an awesome day for me. The pieces to my flight stick stand will be dry after I applied a second coat of paint today, so I can put together my stick, plus Elite Standard Beta launches and I get my Oculus Rift DK2, and TLOU Remastered drops.

Only shitty part is work until 5.

Top Bottom