• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

in my game there are textures extreme blurry at the beginning :<

also the 30fps isnt normal watch dogs is way smoother

Yeah, something feels off about it. I played watch doges and ACIV and both felt smoother. I wonder if it's just because we're switching instantly from 60 to 30?

I'm downloading rigt now
IN MY FUCKING ASS!!!

Snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

Duxxy3

PS4 shooter controls are all over the place

Can change aim fire to shoulder buttons in ghosts, destiny, tlou and bf4 (after like 8 months of complaints)

Can't change it in infamous, wolfenstein, and i believe in watch dogs

murgo

PS4 shooter controls are all over the place

Can change aim fire to shoulder buttons in ghosts, destiny, tlou and bf4 (after like 8 months of complaints)

Can't change it in infamous, wolfenstein, and i believe in watch dogs

Almost all those titles are multiplatform. What does that have to do with the PS4?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I bought the disc version, but I've decided to let the drive finish spinning loudly before I begin my playthrough. It's taking awhile, lots of gigs.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Because L1/R1 is what PS3 users used for an entire generation. It should be the legacy setting in every PS4 shooters.

no it shouldn't. even the devs acknowledge that the triggers are more natural a control scheme and they only used the shoulders because the triggers on the ds3 were horrendous.

Linconan

Grimløck;123122834 said:
how are the shadows?!

I'm gunna have to quote you again, and add to my previous comment.
There is differences... now n then.
Majority look PERFECT,...
while at other times depending on the light source, looks abit off (jaggy).

I've started purposely looking at shadows now. I don't know why it changes, but yes it does, it's "not" every single shadow.
And it's not, OMG, this suxor!!!111

It's more like the Jeff Goldblum.gif
"Well, there it is".
LOL

Duxxy3

no it shouldn't. even the devs acknowledge that the triggers are more natural a control scheme and they only used the shoulders because the triggers on the ds3 were horrendous.

And I firmly disagree. I don't find the PS4 triggers as comfortable of a setup for shooters, and I'm not as accurate when I use them in shooters.

RedAssedApe

Banned
And I firmly disagree. I don't find the PS4 triggers as comfortable of a setup for shooters, and I'm not as accurate when I use them in shooters.

which is fine. options are good.

with that being said, i trust sony and devs doing their homework/research when coming to the conclusion that more players preferred the triggers to be the default. likely taking into account that the 360 was the system of choice for multiplatform shooters and who they wanted to lure to the ps4 with the appropriate design changes.

Duxxy3

which is fine. options are good.

with that being said, i trust sony and devs doing their homework/research when coming to the conclusion that more players preferred the triggers to be the default. likely taking into account that the 360 was the system of choice for multiplatform shooters and who they wanted to lure to the ps4 with the appropriate design changes.

I have zero problem with the triggers being the default option, zero.

I have a problem with half of the shooters giving the legacy option, and half not. If it was a niche control scheme, that would be something to bring up; but it was the default control scheme for an entire generation. That's a lot of years of muscle memory.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I have zero problem with the triggers being the default option, zero.

I have a problem with half of the shooters giving the legacy option, and half not. If it was a niche control scheme, that would be something to bring up; but it was the default control scheme for an entire generation. That's a lot of years of muscle memory.

ok we were arguing over nothing then lol

ithEtfwKSvXxl.jpg

I love how much better the in game models look...And Uncharted 4 is suppose to have TLOU cutscene quality character models...I can't even..

many of my textures look like this lol
BtskkGXCMAMHP_Z.jpg

You might want to redownload that if you're digital. Mine looks flawless.

Edit: Here are the shots I took tonight. I tried posting them in the TLOU screen shot thread, but they're being picky about the image hosting sites.

THxf18G.jpg

cAlaI8D.jpg

9E44Pxk.jpg

wilflare

how do you know if everything has downloaded?
PS4 said yes... but the MP/DLC etc is not even on my Download List

and... do we enable Pre-Order Bonuses in the options or not?

Oh, I should also say I played up to
the museum
until I called it a night. The game looks fantastic, especially at 60 fps. And I didn't see any frame drops.

I also switched to 30 fps to see how it contrasted with the way I'd been playing and HOLY SHIT. No thank you. I'll stick with 60.

I love this game. The clickers, however, are still the bane of my existence.

The game feels so smooth my aim sucks. I wasted all my bullets on the first clicker encounter -__-. I don't recommend switching to 30fps, it made my eyes hurt when I turned.

Vaga

Man, seeing all you first time players reactions makes me so jealous. Still remember my first playthrough, how emotionally invested I got, shivers down my spine and watery eyes after the intro, how I finished it in two 8-9 hour sessions just like old school gaming in the 90s (I'm 33), how speechless I was left while the credits rolled. Wish I could relive that dammit.

Oh, I should also say I played up to
the museum
until I called it a night. The game looks fantastic, especially at 60 fps. And I didn't see any frame drops.

I also switched to 30 fps to see how it contrasted with the way I'd been playing and HOLY SHIT. No thank you. I'll stick with 60.

I love this game. The clickers, however, are still the bane of my existence.
Yeah, switching back and forth is jarring.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Bah, GameStop UK wouldn't cancel my preorder - said that there were too many. Doesn't even come out until Friday, and I emailed them yesterday. Still, I can just return it when it arrives, but a bit annoying

(Switched to US PSN version)

funkypie

Banned
Ugh the download works stupid. I downloaded sp first. But known I have to stay in my usa account to download the mp as it does it in game. Means I can't play the sp while I wait as not on my main account.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Started downloading at 8.30am, now at 20Gb downloaded but it says 20Gb/38GB - so is 38Gb the actual download size and then it unpacks or something?

When I love how you can start playing before it is fully downloaded, I wish there was a clearer way to see how much has downloaded - like a progress bar under the game tile on the dashboard. Sometimes I just like to leave a game until it is fully downloaded before playing

Reporting to you from the future here in the Asia pacific region (Taiwan)...got my copy early today.

Game looks incredible in 60fps. That is all.

Top Bottom