• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

10582772_871453816217886_3616292638729855354_o.jpg

It didn't give me a choice, went straight to 11gb download. I wanted to try MP first since I never played it on PS3 :(

arnienz

Neo Member
I'm in NZ (part of the EU territory usually).
Preordered, but still says 5 hrs until unlock. tried to download but get errors.

Guess the gates aren't open for us quite yet. When it does I 'might' be able to play tonight - i usually get 5MB/sec downloads

So about this Listening Mode. I hear that people recommend playing with it off. Does the game have good enough sound to offset this setting being turned off? (With a headset, of course)

lemmykoopa

Anyone else Finding the game dark compared to other ps4 games? I had to put the ingame slider at max and adjust tv settings to achieve a bright enough setting.

Tried out multiplayer and was thrown off when they changed the controls. (L1 to run, etc.) Thankfully I was able to change it back to the ps3 layout.

lemmykoopa

So about this Listening Mode. I hear people that people recommend playing with it off. Does the game have good enough sound to offset this setting being turned off? (With a headset, of course)

Yes. Also the games audio settings are quite nice. A lot of tweaking can be done

didn't realize this was going to be 40 GB jesus christ. I cancelled my download for now, I can't abuse my friend's datacap that much.

Anybody know, if I already purchased the digital version, if I can install the game content with his disc version and then play my digital copy with that?

Yes. Also the games audio settings are quite nice. A lot of tweaking can be done

Well, that's good to know. Thanks.

didn't realize this was going to be 40 GB jesus christ. I cancelled my download for now, I can't abuse my friend's datacap that much.

Anybody know, if I already purchased the digital version, if I can install the game content with his disc version and then play my digital copy with that?

Now Admiral, we learned a few days ago how big this would be. I don't think disc data can be used for digital purchases. You can try, though.

Facism

For all you lucky mandems playing this for the first time, do yourselves a favour. Turn Listen Mode off. Enjoy the tension.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ok, should I go normal or hard? I want a challenge but not something too crazy. Would hard be good for me? I'm afraid normal might be too easy.

Hard is the best way to go in my opinion. Perfect difficulty balance. And please turn off listen mode. use the environmental audio and ambient noise to help you locate enemies.

It sucks getting old, Lol. I got to start the SP but was falling asleep right after the initial intro. Time for bed and work tomorrow. All I want is to play the last of us though!!

Ok, newbie to TLOU and need some opinions.

Should I go for Grounded Mode first? Should I expect controller throwing rage from this difficulty?

TEH-CJ

Banned

Should I go for Grounded Mode first? Should I expect controller throwing rage from this difficulty?

God no. Start with Hard mode first. once you are familiar with the controls and how the game plays then try your skill at grounded mode. But I would not advise you to start with grounded mode if you have not played the game before.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

You will want to never, ever touch the game again if you do Grounded as a first-timer.

Normal or Hard is the way to go.

Stantron

God-damn! Downloading the MP hats adds a shit ton of stuff to your PSN download history. It's the same cluster fuck as the PS3 version. Did they really need to add each hat separately, even if you download the pack? /rant

God-damn! Downloading the MP hats adds a shit ton of stuff to your PSN download history. It's the same cluster fuck as the PS3 version. Did they really need to add each hat separately, even if you download the pack? /rant

For me, on the PS3, I just needed to download one cosmetic pack. Then in-game, everything was available to me. My download list was not clogged up with every individual item. Hopefully it can work the same way on PS4.

Top Bottom