• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

AkIRA_22

So has anyone in Australia started downloading?

EDIT: Oh yeah! I used the SEN web portal to initiate the download. Only the game and update file work, none of the extras..

N30RYU

Already up to pre-load in europe. (at least in Spain)
kRKWDLG.jpg

JB1981

So is this not available for download yet? I redeemed my Amazon digital code and game not there to download in the store .....

MMaRsu

Debating if I should pick this up.. Already finished twice on ps3, but never played multi. I hate censoring but cant buy it ftom the us store.

Any other good games worth 50?

JB1981

No idea what's wrong but I redeemed my code from Amazon and now I'm trying to remote download and the store keeps saying "there was an error but it's not you it's the internets fault"

Really aggravating

Vizzeh

Banned
Seen this Shot last night and immediately thought of photo mode, anyone that has completed the game knows the score, damn Naughty Dog.

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140729110951.jpg

quick question GAF.

how is this game viewed in japan? I always wondered if it sold well to the Japanese gaming crowd and if they loved the game itself?

glottis8

Banned
soooooooo excited... been watching the live performance, and my copy is DL at home.

Can't wait to do a playthrough of it once again :D it looks gorgeous.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why does this have to come out in the bloody summer holidays when my kids are around all day? I just want to smash some heads in but its impossible.

Tempted to hook my PS4 up to my PC monitor in the study, but that's pretty crappy and small

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Debating if I should pick this up.. Already finished twice on ps3, but never played multi. I hate censoring but cant buy it ftom the us store.

Any other good games worth 50?

why can't you buy from the US store? You can buy a $50 PSN card from amazon just by setting your home address to oregon (tax free), and then apply it to a US PSN account (piss to set up).

£30 if you do it that way.

Binabik15

Where can I find that "How to play US TLoU on EU Playstation" post again.

I think I'll reactivate my old US account and buy this via Amazon (US PSN won't take my evil foreign CC). I waited for the remaster for my second playthrough, so hyyype.

CyberChulo

What's with the Vita remote play button scheme? I had to revert back to the ps3 aim and shoot buttons to map it to the vita shoulder buttons. There's no back TouchPad support. I can't move and run at the same time because they mapped the run button on the lower left side of the front screen. Is there a configuration setting for this? I was planning on playing it from work today.

I'm just at the intro, but the increased sharpness and texture resolution is nice. Panning the camera around at 60fps always makes it feel more realistic somehow. Nothing jaw-dropping about the graphics so far (nor do I expect any), but the water puddles at the quarantine stations look very good, especially the reflections on them and how they ripple under your footsteps. I don't remember them in PS3.

tmespe

Is play as you download not supported by this game? I'm over 70% done and there is still no option to "play game."

It is. The whole game is around 50GB, but you can start playing after downloading 11GB. At least if you choose to download the SP first.

Got the digital US version, I am so thankful you can play while downloading.

Playing the game in 60fps is so good, feels so much more responsive, even the best shadows in the world wouldn't make me switch to 30fps.
And that's coming from a guy, who thought GTA V's framerate was perfectly fine.

Andrew.

Banned
Playing on Grounded mode. Not as tough as I was expecting. Finally went through the first tough part in Ch.2(you know the one). It took me about 4 tries. It just comes down to choosing a tactic and making a roadmap that's best suited for you. Still intense as shit, but definitely not impossible. Still haven't upgraded anything and had to change weapons with a clicker and runner on me. Totally possible. Anyone who played on survivor should give it a try, screw that NG+ glitch.

"Totally possible" and only after you finished the first encounter. Keep playing.

chewydogg

It is. The whole game is around 50GB, but you can start playing after downloading 11GB. At least if you choose to download the SP first.

I started my download from the web store, I never saw any option to dl single player first. Oh well, I've got to go to work anyway.

GavinUK86

Okay, downloading in the UK (from my US account), 20 minutes for the initial 11gb then god knows how long until the rest. PS downloads being slow as usual.

Betty

Banned
Playing on Grounded mode. Not as tough as I was expecting. Finally went through the first tough part in Ch.2(you know the one). It took me about 4 tries. It just comes down to choosing a tactic and making a roadmap that's best suited for you. Still intense as shit, but definitely not impossible. Still haven't upgraded anything and had to change weapons with a clicker and runner on me. Totally possible. Anyone who played on survivor should give it a try, screw that NG+ glitch.

I'd really like to start on grounded, then play an easier difficulty on my second playthrough for the collectibles, it just sounds too hard without NG+ though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if you want to try and unlock all shiv doors, you obviously want to prioritise shiv crafting over other things. Does that mean you don't bother upgrading your melee weapon with a precious blade? My only other prevoius playthrough was on normal (will be on hard this time), and I liked the one-hit kill of an upgraded melee weapon. But I want to unlock as many shiv doors as I can.

Are there any downsides to getting the digital US version of the game in the UK?

It's cheaper and is already released, so I may as well do it, but I'm unaware of how it works with multiple accounts, etc.

Also is there a guide anyone can link to in order to download US digital games (I'll Google if nobody wants to link).

Thanks.

GavinUK86

Are there any downsides to getting the digital US version of the game in the UK?

It's cheaper and is already released, so I may as well do it, but I'm unaware of how it works with multiple accounts, etc.

Also is there a guide anyone can link to in order to download US digital games (I'll Google if nobody wants to link).

Thanks.

It's what I've done. I bought a $50 card from Amazon and redeemed it in the US PSN store and preordered it. It's downloading now. You can play the game on your UK account as long as your PS4 is set to the 'primary PS4' which you can do in the settings menu. That's only if you have multiple PS4's anyway. You can play with anyone online, doesn't matter what region. If you want to buy that DLC pack later on you have to buy it from the US store but, again, you can just buy a card from Amazon to purchase it.

so i pre ordered the game but its still not available to download, it lists the release as December 2014... US PSN account here.

thats fucking weird i had to re order it again on the website as it lists "Free" now its downloading

Cheech

Yeah but no mp and hardly any replay value right?

If you like open world games, Watch Dogs is actually pretty good. The game gets a lot of unjustified hate, IMO. The online is also decent.

I'm in this thread, ironically, because I finished it last night and need something new to play. I bought it launch week as well; def got my money's worth!

Derpcrawler

Game finally is available for download in EU:

SYK5RzF.png

At least in Russian store, but I am 99% sure it should be available across all other PAL PSN stores.

JB1981

so i pre ordered the game but its still not available to download, it lists the release as December 2014... US PSN account here.

thats fucking weird i had to re order it again on the website as it lists "Free" now its downloading

did you have to "re-buy" it? i'm having the same problem. I redeemed a pre-order code this morning but can't download. It just wants me to buy the game.....

Top Bottom