• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

x-Lundz-x

What NG+ glitch?

On the PS3, you could play the game on hard and complete it. You could then start the game on Survival / Grounded and play the first chapter. Then quit, and restart with chapter select using Survival+ / Grounded + and beat the game.

That way you could play on lower difficulty and get all the upgrades and collectibles out of the way and then replay it on the highest difficulty and get the platinum. Basically only having to do 2 plays instead of 3.

All Difficulties are unlocked. No need to do the glitch.

I know, but I don't feel like doing all the collectibles on a grounded run, hence why I want to use the glitch.

Picture removed, was from ps3 version, I was trolled, sorry

9835895db3cf521b7e4aea78b2ee2434.jpg

I-hate-u

So with the huge possibility that a sequel to this game will feature new cast of characters, I have to say, I will miss Joel. Ellie is cool and all, but Joel was a truly badass protagonist that we see few of these days. Ya'll know the scenes I am talking about. Ofcourse, credit goes to Baker's acting, Neil's writing, and ND awesome animators.

TLOU_WinterCoverRender_960p.jpg

Bonus points for an unrivaled beard.

!? omg.... I was trolled then

Sorry for misleading you guys.. I actually thought it was a legit picture. I have removed the picture+posts

My apologies

It's not wise to resort to these attempts at tainting when there are tons of uncompressed video, breakdowns (DF) and screenshots to compare it to. It only makes you unaware of the subject at hand like those UC3-pre-rendered-downgrade evangelists who consistently spew such misleading information.

Rixxan

So with the huge possibility that a sequel to this game will feature new cast of characters, I have to say, I will miss Joel. Ellie is cool and all, but Joel was a truly badass protagonist that we see few of these days. Ya'll know the scenes I am talking about. Ofcourse, credit goes to Baker's acting, Neil's writing, and ND awesome animators.

TLOU_WinterCoverRender_960p.jpg

Bonus points for an unrivaled beard.

I hear you brother, love that character to death

x-Lundz-x

I still can't get over the One Night Live performances from last night.

Troy Baker is just a god.

"IT'S OVER TESS!"

And also the farmhouse scene, freaking chills man I'm so glad I watched that last night.

Ahhh I see. I'm going to skip on the DLC trophies since they aren't required for the Platinum.

I want to try and 100% this game, I just want to make it as easy as possible lol :).

Vaga

Fuckin SCEE screwed me over big time. I just...triple dipped, US digital + Amazon steelbook exclusive. The last of my money.

tumblr_n69hmib6ow1syfr8ho1_500.gif

Worst part is I'm home but can't play, gotta hit the gym first.

glottis8

Banned
"IT'S OVER TESS!"

And also the farmhouse scene, freaking chills man I'm so glad I watched that last night.

I want to try and 100% this game, I just want to make it as easy as possible lol :).

Now... to most guys that have 100% the game. Do you feel that doing it takes away from the immersion of the game narrative? For some reason this game, and other ND games. I feel compelled to follow the narrative, and go along with the setting and action. Meaning i don't go out of my way to explore for collectibles often. I feel like its more of a distraction. Some areas in LoU made sense for collectibles, but i didn't get all of them. Also.. i was pretty upset on not having enough shivs for opening the door at the hospital haha.

meppi

The game seems a bit glitchy though...

Got a couple of weird things already.
The first enemy that grabs Joel just killing him without his brother coming to his aid. 3 times in a row.
His daughter lying in the car when it crashes, she sits up, then glitches to her lying down again, then she pops back up.
And when exciting a building during an early cutscene, Joel gets pushed outwards into the correct spot like he was made out of cardboard.

Very strange stuff. Starting to wonder if it got pushed out a little early. :-/

glottis8

Banned

The first enemy that grabs Joel just killing him without his brother coming to his aid. 3 times in a row.
His daughter lying in the car when it crashes, she sits up, then glitches to her lying down again, then she pops back up.
And when exciting a building during an early cutscene, Joel gets pushed outwards into the correct spot like he was made out of cardboard.

Very strange stuff. Starting to wonder if it got pushed out a little early. :-/

You playing it on grounded or survival mode?

Are the pre-order bonuses for all "day 1" copies of the game, or are they bona fide, can only get them if you pre-ordered, pre-order bonuses?

mcfrank

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I digitally preordered, are the bonuses automatically applied or do I need to download something?

gdt

30fps feels like literal shit after playing at 60 in this game. It hurts. I can do 30 in every game , but once you get used to 60 and switch back to 30 it hurts.

H4r4kiri

SO i preloaded it from the german Store, but it didn't download my Preorder Boni ( The Survivor Paket). What should I do now ? Please help :(

Gbraga

30fps feels like literal shit after playing at 60 in this game. It hurts. I can do 30 in every game , but once you get used to 60 and switch back to 30 it hurts.

After switching yourself, you can definitely see exactly what they meant by "broken".

I just played it for like 5 minutes before work, just to get a liiiiittle taste, and decided to try the 30fps mode to see the shadows.

Nope, can't even get close to the wall to compare, can't stand this. ugh

SO i preloaded it from the german Store, but it didn't download my Preorder Boni ( The Survivor Paket). What should I do now ? Please help :(

Good for you, it's just some cheats for single player, first thing I did was turn that shit off in the game options.

Cygnus

Banned

Yup, people who say they're fine with 30fps in games probably haven't experienced enough 60fps games. There's no going back.

Bailey 87

That's not a glitch. Survival difficulty turns off the button prompts, you need to tap square. I got stuck on the same part.

Rixxan

I mean, isnt that the entire core of this ridiculous argument, its all about where you're standing

when Destiny beta came out last week i was gagging on my own vomit because I had been playing CS:GO on my PC for weeks previous - it was horrid having to deal with the 30fps lock

but what do you know, after playing Destiny for 20 hours, and only playing Destiny, I didnt even notice it anymore

meppi

I found playing Survival to get TONS of glitches like that on my ps3 playthrough. I even mentioned them earlier in a previous thread around here. Have you checked the forums to see if other people have this? or restarting the game?

Ah. I had no idea?
This doesn't happen in grounded or normal?
Might want to restart the game then as I never got these on PS3.

It's just tiny things though. Everything else looks and runs brilliantly.
The sound seems to be a serious step up as well, although that might be my memory playing tricks on me. Don't think so though.

Cygnus

Banned
I mean, isnt that the entire core of this ridiculous argument, its all about where you're standing

when Destiny beta came out last week i was gagging on my own vomit because I had been playing CS:GO on my PC for weeks previous - it was horrid having to deal with the 30fps lock

but what do you know, after playing Destiny for 20 hours, and only playing Destiny, I didnt even notice it anymore

I found it hard to get used to in the original TLoU, but I suppose the shaky frame rate in general didn't help either. Going from 120 to 60 is an easier transition at least.

Top Bottom