• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Ok 3 things I need to say as a first time TLOU player:

1. This may in fact be one of the best games I've ever played. This game is honestly so fucking good and that can't be overstated enough. The intro made me feel things I haven't felt while playing a videogame in a long while.

2. I HATE Clickers.

3. I fucking love Ellie like holy fucking shit. Fuck. *flips you off*

The scene where she first meets Bill is incredible. It was that moment that I realized how awesome she is.

Man, what I would give to experience this game all over again for the first time.

antitrop

If only PC game developers would embrace this sort of screenshotting technology. Some are great about it, like Bohemia and Arma III, but most devs actively lock out all the functionality that would benefit screenshotting or force you to go well out of your way to do it.

Hopefully Infamous and TLoU's Photo Modes will encourage devs to embrace the screenshotting communities in the future. Gamers will actively advertise your game for you if you let them.

ramuh

If only PC game developers would embrace this sort of screenshotting technology. Some are great about it, like Bohemia and Arma III, but most devs actively lock out all the functionality that would benefit screenshotting or force you to go well out of your way to do it.

Hopefully Infamous and TLoU's Photo Modes will encourage devs to embrace the screenshotting communities in the future. Gamers will actively advertise your game for you if you let them.

Truth! Free advertisement, coupled with some sweet giveaways would do wonders.

lantus

Gotta say I'm with everyone else now on going with no listen mode. The game is so tense now, with supplies being so limited I feel like I'm barely getting by sometimes. Which in a way is how I always imagined the game should be played.

I don't remember this part of the game (once Ellie, Joel and Tess arrive into the city) looking this ehm, "bright" or "high contrast" on PS3:
C0MIyRq.jpg

TWAncxX.jpg

JpxVW2u.jpg

Is it me or its looking like this to everyone? I do have an awful memory tho.

ramuh

Gotta say I'm with everyone else now on going with no listen mode. The game is so tense now, with supplies being so limited I feel like I'm barely getting by sometimes. Which in a way is how I always imagined the game should be played.

No F that. Lol. Easy all the way for me! Then I'll NG+ a harder setting!

mstevens

Getting really irritated with the collectables. I missed one but my autosave wouldn't let me go back to get it. Decided to start over anyway and play the game on Normal, but now when I pick up artifacts it doesn't register them under the Statistics page. I've collected about 4 artifacts and a firefly pendant and it says 0 for both. Really frustrating.

My new save file is obviously glitched. I can see them in my back pack and everything.

It was like that. Full moon brightness levels.

Thanks for the answer! I was even starting to change the brightness on my TV, lol.

Oh... I spent like 10 minutes readjusting my television when I got there. Well, oops.

I did the same right now! I even changed the RGB settings from full to limited. Someone else was using the TV and I thought maybe he changed something on the god damn thing and fucked up the brightness.

Pop in is really bad. How is this not being talked about more?

I've seen just one small LOD pop in during the time I've been spending with the game and I just noticed by accident.

These in-game models are seriously ridiculous. I can't get over how detailed they all are. Pretty distracting while playing and also having the photo mode in the palm of your hands.

14783373225_357196c230_b.jpg

Been talking about this game to my roommate since last year. He finally played and said it's boring. Guess I'll be replaying this solo. More awesome for me then :)

Also this game is getting me amped for The order. If it looks like this I'll be one happy camper.

From what I've seen it's the same as the PS3 version, and it didn't happen often there anyway, so...

Maybe because people are busy having fun with a game? Shocking thing to say these days, I know.

smoothj

Need some advice!!

So I traded some old xbox games to get TLoU today at Gamestop. Turns out they are out of stock and will have to send it to my house on Thursday. I went to Fry's and saw they have a copy and bought it.

My question is... If I open the game up now, could I return my unopened Gamestop copy that comes in on Thursday over at Fry's to get my money back?

If not I'll just return it at Gamestop and use my credit to get Destiny.

What do you guys think?

Oh... I spent like 10 minutes readjusting my television when I got there. Well, oops.

Thanks for the answer! I was even starting to change the brightness on my TV, lol.

I did the same right now! I even changed the RGB settings from full to limited. Someone else was using the TV and I thought maybe he changed something on the god damn thing and fucked up the brightness.
Yeah it looks a little odd.

Finally got to put a couple hours into this tonight. 60fps and 1080p is amazing. The game already looked good, now it is godly. Noticing tons of extra details that really brings it to life. Definitely worth the double dip.

antitrop

This OT is so much better when everyone can share cool screenshots and it's not just Dennis posting pictures of his computer monitor.

Gogo_ZvC

Started Grounded mode immediately! Got to the subway station before the capitol and died for the first time because clicker AoE gonna clicker AoE.

Jumping into multiplayer tomorrow.

Sorry if that has been answered in this thread, does beating Grounded unlock previous difficulty trophies as well as Grounded+? This is my fifth run through of the game D:

mstevens

Getting really irritated with the collectables. I missed one but my autosave wouldn't let me go back to get it. Decided to start over anyway and play the game on Normal, but now when I pick up artifacts it doesn't register them under the Statistics page. I've collected about 4 artifacts and a firefly pendant and it says 0 for both. Really frustrating.

My new save file is obviously glitched. I can see them in my back pack and everything.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know how to fix it? I was only about an hour in so I'll just start over again, but I'm not sure what to do if it glitches out again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this is such a great game. I absolutely loved it last year and my only gripes were the image quality and frame rate. I only had time to play for an hour just now, but this seems really well done.

Damn good deal for $25 in my book.

The cutscenes are still pre-rendered, right? Because they can look really good at times... I don't remember them looking this nice on PS3.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know how to fix it? I was only about an hour in so I'll just start over again, but I'm not sure what to do if it glitches out again.

Why did you restart the game? You can go back and get them on another playthrough, or just restart the chapter.

If you think its glitched delete the save and profile data, but I don't know that it is.

mstevens

Why did you restart the game? You can go back and get them on another playthrough, or just restart the chapter.

If you think its glitched delete the save and profile data, but I don't know that it is.

I wanted to play the game on normal, was playing on easy.

Still, it's weird that I had a few collectibles and they weren't registering under the statistics. I can't be the only one that has happened to.

joe1138

Finally played and finished up Left Behind tonight; what a great piece of DLC.

Not sure if I'm all that anxious to actually jump back into the main game immediately though (as much as I enjoyed the story, it was definitely a one and done kind of experience for me).

Guys, I'm having a really strange problem, well, at least I think its weird. When playing this I can't hear my party, but when I exit the application completely I can hear them again. Non of my friends are having this problem.

What I'm wondering, is there a setting I may have enabled or am I just fucked?
Nevermind Solved

This game is a masterpiece. Again! Not to sound like casual scum, but I've used Photo Mode to my advantage several times when scouting out the area. (I'm sure others have as well, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread.) Seriously, though, props to Naughty Dog for delivering. ^_^

With the photo mode enabled.

The Last of Us - 200 hours

Left Behind - 30 hours

:lol :lol :lol Oh, man. So true!

Seriously?? My OCD causes me to notice freakish amounts of pop-in in games...GTA being one of the prime suspects.

During the
horse riding sequence when you're tracking Ellie through the forest
, in the PS3 version of TLoU, I noticed awful pop-in.

The Remastered version? I don't know what you're going on about, but this game has been cleaned up to a technical mirror sheen. I'm noticing BARELY even a blade of grass pop in, and I obsess over the details and environments in this game. I pore over every little explorable spot.

So, no...to say it's "really bad"...I have no idea where one would get that phrase unless there's something wrong with their console.

Either that, or other people can back you up on that observation and I'll eat crow and file for being legally blind.

jackb2424

Banned
Picked up the game after work and even at this Mom and Pop store TLOU was flying off the shelves. Now I have played through this game I believe 3 maybe 4 times when it first came out and it became my favorite game of the generation. I just finished up the first hour and Holy Shit!!

I was one of the guys who didn't care if a game was 60 fps or 30 fps but now I am a believer. I can't go back to 30 not when 60 is this good. It looks absolutely incredible. The IQ, the sound, everything in this game is superb.

Castcoder

Banned
Grounded mode is making me hate this game now. It took me over an hour to bear the Bl
oater after you meet Bi
ill. Basically I beat the boss, killed the remaining enemies, triggered the "press triangle to boost", but died while fighting the three extra enemies. It forces you to do the boss fight again. I get it; it's hard without ammo, but FUCK these checkpoints. I raged quit just now from the
tru
ck part... Plus my dual shock 4 died seconds after it reloaded the checkpoint.

Top Bottom