• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Korten

Banned
it used to be that justin.tv and twitch accounts were the same but they split the systems a while back making some weird account issues, i had to email them and ask them to change mmake my account a twitch one instead of a justin one

watching plain_r 's stream is fun he's very vocal hahahah

I used this page a while back:

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/port...g-if-you-re-account-is-on-justin-tv-or-twitch

and it never happened. D:

Edit: Actually I just resigned up for Twitch Tv... seemed to solve the issue, they even let me use the same email...

dreamfall

Just finished Left Behind- loved every little second of it. I hadn't played it, as I was waiting to run it with the Remastered edition. But I had read American Dreams, from the comic series, and I totally knew what was up.

Goodness, it was glorious. A fitting prequel, the relationship between Riley and Ellie was emotionally affecting! Gah, I'm not sure if I'm ready to run through the full game again- so much anxiety with some of those encounters, so many feels!

The game is beautiful. The improved framerate the visual clarity- it's positively stunning thus far.

milkham

I installed the preorder bonus DLC. How does it work exactly? Do I automatically get the SP upgrades?

yeah it'll be automatic, you'll know for sure when you
get the hunting rifle if it can hold two bullets
i dont remember what the other perk was , increased crafting speed or something?

Where are you from? My German Gamestop called yesterday and gave it to me one day early.

England. I pre-ordered Watch Dogs from Gamestop UK and it came 4 days before release date, but alas, I've had no such luck with TLOUR :(

It could still come tomorrow, I guess. Fingers crossed.

Flintty

Damn, this game looks so good. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is the game that will sell me a Playstation
either PS3 or PS4, when I have the money and space under my TV!

Binabik15

PSN claims my Amazon preorder stuff code is invalid. Is there anything in it that make it worth the hassle of contacting either party?

SRTtoZ

Finally got up to the demo area on Survivor mode and its completely different than Hard. Enemies see you farther away, they catch you sneaking up on them, there's hardly any supplies and you take a ton more damage. So far 2+ hours in and I haven't used a single bullet. 5am, time for bed.

peonlin

Neo Member
Im hearing very different oppinions about the best way to go when it comes down to FPS.
30 locked is good shadows and (according to some people more realistic movie like movement) and 60 FPS is smoother gameplay with jagged shadows. I saw a few comparison picks and the difference is noticable.

Im starting the game tonight, what te best way to go?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Just finished Left Behind- loved every little second of it. I hadn't played it, as I was waiting to run it with the Remastered edition. But I had read American Dreams, from the comic series, and I totally knew what was up.

Goodness, it was glorious. A fitting prequel, the relationship between Riley and Ellie was emotionally affecting! Gah, I'm not sure if I'm ready to run through the full game again- so much anxiety with some of those encounters, so many feels!

The game is beautiful. The improved framerate the visual clarity- it's positively stunning thus far.
Glad you enjoyed it! It's a neat little story.

I only got to read American Dreams after playing Left Behind on PS3, but it really did help fill in some blanks for me. As I was reading I kept saying to myself "Oh that's what they were referencing in the DLC..."

SRTtoZ

Im hearing very different oppinions about the best way to go when it comes down to FPS.
30 locked is good shadows and (according to some people more realistic movie like movement) and 60 FPS is smoother gameplay with jagged shadows. I saw a few comparison picks and the difference is noticable.

Play the intro on 60fps, then turn on 30, gasp when you realize how awful it is, turn 60 back on.

De-mon

60fps

kubus

Glad you enjoyed it! It's a neat little story.

I only got to read American Dreams after playing Left Behind on PS3, but it really did help fill in some blanks for me. As I was reading I kept saying to myself "Oh that's what they were referencing in the DLC..."
Yeah the comic is amazing. Everyone should read it, it makes Left Behind so much more special.

darkkain

During gameplay you won't see much differences in shadows. The best way to play in my opinion is 60fps.

Marvel

could never
No it doesn't. In Remastered it's unlocked from the start but whatever you do DON'T start with Left Behind because it contains spoilers for late in the main game.

Oh I'm sorry, my bad I was told it was locked until completion of the story many times here.

Apologies, yes playing that DLC after is a must.

(Still waiting on my copy to arrive :( )

Altairre

Oh I'm sorry, my bad I was told it was locked until completion of the story many times here.

Apologies, yes playing that DLC after is a must.

(Still waiting on my copy to arrive :( )

That's how it was in the PS3 version but they changed it in case you already played the main game but not the DLC and they were right to do so. Anyway I'll have to wait a while until the price goes down because there is no trade-in deal here and as much as I like Last of Us, I'm not paying 55 bucks for the Remastered version even if I want to play it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Preordered from Gamestop, but received none of my preorder bonuses. Were they supposed to be on the receipt, or was I supposed to get some little leaflet with a code(s)?

Anyways started the game for the first time last night, and wow, just fantastic!

DSmalls84

Preordered from Gamestop, but received none of my preorder bonuses. Were they supposed to be on the receipt, or was I supposed to get some little leaflet with a code(s)?

Anyways started the game for the first time last night, and wow, just fantastic!

It was a single code printed on the bottom of the receipt.

JB1981

The nighttime section in the rain just outside quarantine. The lightning in the distance. The wind. The rain. The sound. So fucking good

delume

Ended my first go at TLoU at a point where
the three of us are travelling through a wrecked building and I've dropped down to clear a room of runners and a clicker.
I am playing it on hard and am so totally IN. Since this came to PS3 (and I was only gaming on 360), I have been sorely tempted to watch videos of it to see what all the hooplah was. Sooooooooo glad I didn't. Great dialogue and delivery, a believable world inhabited by believable people, mystery and a gift for building the fear of discovery; this game is hella classy.

Also, the thread on 60 vs 30 is hilarious. Switching to 30 feels like I am having a stroke. Sold on 60 for life now.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
the three of us are travelling through a wrecked building and I've dropped down to clear a room of runners and a clicker.
I am playing it on hard and am so totally IN. Since this came to PS3 (and I was only gaming on 360), I have been sorely tempted to watch videos of it to see what all the hooplah was. Sooooooooo glad I didn't. Great dialogue and delivery, a believable world inhabited by believable people, mystery and a gift for building the fear of discovery; this game is hella classy.

Also, the thread on 60 vs 30 is hilarious. Switching to 30 feels like I am having a stroke. Sold on 60 for life now.

I too owned a 360 only and never watched any videos or gameplay on this game! So glad I can play this without knowing what to expect.
One thing I like about this game is that the story actually makes sense. Most games have these stories that you just can't follow. Hell, almost ALL games have stories you just can't follow. TLOU does not suffer from that problem.

jaosobno

60 FPS is a no-brainer. Really, the only reason to go with 30 FPS is if you plan to use photo mode every 2 seconds.

Shadows are perfectly fine in 60 FPS. I tried 30 FPS after playing 60 for about 20 minutes and I just couldn't do it. It felt very sluggish and I haven't noticed any obvious graphical improvements.

Thats section you're up to was so tough the first time I played, and I started on Normal!!
I did eventully platinum the game (my first plat), so I got through it on Survivor.
I cant wait to try it on Grounded mode.

f@luS

More than a member.
Something is strange with 30fps mode. Its too sluggish. I tried Tlou remote play which is 30fps on vita with 30fps ingame off. Then 30fps on. Its much more sluggish. When it should be thé same

But still damn. Last Of us in my bed <3

drotahorror

Killzone is sometimes 60 fps and it looks way better from a technical stand point. Does that count?

Naw. Like someone else posted, it rarely hits 60. Honestly, TLoU is the first 60fps game that stays at 60 the majority of the time that I've played on the PS4. Even compared to CoD Ghosts. Their framerates are very similar when it comes to drops. But I still think TLoU is steadier.

Gamestop UK sent me an email saying they will ship today :D

I just this second checked my emails and saw shipping confirmation :D

leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wall-street.gif

Huggers

Going from Wolfenstein in 60fps to the Destiny Beta in 30fps has ruined me. I'm now one of those irritating frame rate snobs

Shredderi

The game arrived in my home today but my gold headset has yet to arrive and I won't start the game before I can enjoy it with better audio from the beginning. Goddamnit.

So awesome seeing first timer impressions on the game. Friday needs to hurry the hell up, I am very jealous of you all. I have a week off next week as well. Didn't plan that to coincide with TLOU at all obviously ;)

Interesting to hear the stock of the game being generally low in a lot of places. Where I work in the UK as of today we will only have 10 copies for non preorders on Friday

They did the same with the PS3 version last year, oddly enough. It sold out frequently at first - I know it was successful, but it's hardly a GTA-esque behemoth, so they obviously made a conscious choice not to overship. Naughty Dog wanting their games to retain value longer, perhaps?

Really glad to finally have a nice steelbook to put this game in, I really wanted the one from the Survival Edition back when it was released on PS3 but we didn't get that in Yurop.

Originally Posted by Dunkers92

So awesome seeing first timer impressions on the game.

And it gets so much better too, man I wish I could do it again for the first time.

tmespe

I forgot how amazing this game is. It was the last game I got to play in my ps3 before it died on me, and I just barely managed to finish it. It looks absolutely stunning. Especially the character models. The prologue is so fantastic. So many feels.

rSpooky

hmm, played the opening part last night as I did no thave too much time , Looks great (on60fps) but for some reason I had tons of glitches that were not there for me in the original, for one some guys kept runnign in place against the sidewalk during the running through town scene, and shortly later a woman ran through a closed fence. And I had a few more weird ai things like that, it was kinda weird and jarring really because it breaks the illusion .

Hopefully it was a one off issue...

Again, looks great, happy with the upgrade.

Can you play the Single player DLC before main campaign? If you can would you recommend playing that first or after the main campaign?

I've actually finished game on PS3 but never played the single player DLC but would be interested to see what people would recommend to play first to those people playing the entire game for the first time.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Can you play the Single player DLC before main campaign? If you can would you recommend playing that first or after the main campaign?

I've actually finished game on PS3 but never played the single player DLC but would be interested to see what people would recommend to play first to those people playing the entire game for the first time.

You can play Left Behind before the main campaign but the game has a warning saying you should play the story first before going to the DLC.
So if you haven't completed the main story you should do that first before playing the DLC.

Goldenhen

I believe you can but I would play it after the campaign first since there is strong spoiler in the DLC as it is set in the middle of the campaign.

Top Bottom