• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Man, I got myself out of so many sticky situations with a well placed molotov. It's great when a burning enemy will set other enemies on fire if they walk over him. I would position Joel so that enemies would walk over their burning comrade to get to me. Muahaha.

Yeah its another side benefit of the 1080p 60 fps, the effects look so nice for the enemies on fire.

took a few retries (sometimes an enemy would walk through a fire without catching fire) but it was cool to set a fire trap in a good chokepoint then fire a pistol shot just to get the enemies coming.

Had to resort to using some pistol shots when the fire ran out, and used my allies as human shields lol

Vitor711

Is MP only player vs player or are there co-op missions (like against the monster)

MP wouldnt work for me yesterday evening but havent tried again today

sounded quite interesting the supplies aspect? is there a metagame involved?

No co-op, it's all PVP but I've heard that it's really very different to anything out there. Haven't tried it myself yet. Definitely seems more stealth/scavenging based than the usual run and gun approach.

Menaged

Wow so I kept running out of shivs in that first tough part of the game with clickers. problem I have with stealth games is I have to find everything in a level (every collectible) so just avoiding them isnt an option for me.

restarted again, tried molotov. wow, very cool effect both effectiveness wise and the visual effect (and how the enemy reacts on fire). I can see now that the game intentionally was making these enemies be fought using different tactics than guns.

One of my favorites is using a brick \ bottle with a pipe combo.
It's very effective (one hit kill) and satisfying.
The only downside is that it's quite loud, but you can work around that.

shwimpy

Anyone else having a hard time adjusting to using L1 to run? Might have to go back to L1/R1 to aim/shoot which sucks cause the triggers are so good.

That's fun. My other favourite is placing a bottle/brick throw in just the right spot that it attracts the 3/4 clickers/runners around it to the same place, then lobbing a molotov and taking all of them out at once

bricks work on clickers? on head?

oh man another fail of mine if so, I was thinking of them just as "over here" devices like they are in most stealth games.

man hours of meetings so have to put game on hold

When you're up against 4-5 clickers, and all you have is 4 bullets and a molotov.

1333.gif

Herd them into a corner using bricks/bottles, then roast em using the molotov. So satisfying. Playing on survivor you really have to force yourself to use other methods than bullets.

Menaged

That's fun. My other favourite is placing a bottle/brick throw in just the right spot that it attracts the 3/4 clickers/runners around it to the same place, then lobbing a molotov and taking all of them out at once

And then their friends come to check out what the fuss is all about and setting themselves on fire as well!

It's so hard to resist buying the remaster...

Menaged

oh man another fail of mine if so, I was thinking of them just as "over here" devices like they are in most stealth games.

If you're using it to kill them, no.
I'm saying throw a bottle \ brick at them, which will get them stunned for a few seconds. While they're in stun mode, smash them with a pipe \ whatever you have for a one hit kill.

Sorry for the DP

If you're using it to kill them, no.
I'm saying throw a bottle \ brick at them, which will get them stunned for a few seconds. While they're in stun mode, smash them with a pipe \ whatever you have for a one hit kill.

Sorry for the DP

right yeah I mean stun them. nice will try. melee would alert nearby ones though right

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Brick and melee weapon combo is one of the most useful moves on the whole game. Works on humans and clickers.

Hmm I am thinking that I will restart game since I was clearly playing it wrong, wasted supplies, probably missed shiv doors.

I am at

Underground where you fight a bunch of clickers for the first time. This was after fighting robert, leaving in the rain then going into the subway/underground

Thats only a small amount of the single player campaign right?

Menaged

Hmm I am thinking that I will restart game since I was clearly playing it wrong, wasted supplies, probably missed shiv doors.

I am at

Underground where you fight a bunch of clickers for the first time. This was after fighting robert, leaving in the rain then going into the subway/underground

I see no reason to start over.
One of the things I love about this game is that you can always manage, no matter happaned before.

You've played a small amount like you said, so that's even more true, especialy if you don't play on Survivor. Just keep playing and don't worry about it.

daveo42

Banned

I am at

Just use bottles and bricks to herd them to where you want them to go. You can actually make it through that area no problem with just stealth strangle kills on the runners.

I am at

Yeah that almost at the beginning you have long more to go.

Andrew.

Banned

I am at

You should start over. This isn't your run-of-the-mill TPS. And you shouldn't be going into it looking at it that way or expecting it to perform like one aside from transforming it into some duck n' cover pop shooter (which is totally the players' choice). It has depth. There are layers. It takes time to really know what you're doing, let alone be a successful shot.

So, RemotePlay on Vita(30FPS) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 30FPS Mode on TV.

I don't know whats up with that 30FPS mode but it looks horrible.
Yet, I can barely see a difference between remote play on Vita and 60FPS mode on TV.

KevinG

I've seen it mentioned somewhere in this thread, but it can't find it and google doesn't yield a confident result.

How does one go about the NG+ glitch? I'm going to do one normal play through and then attempt Grounded with NG+.

Hubb

Was going for a 100% collectibles play but I missed the first artefact lol

Oh well, maybe next time
on easy

Least you can just do chapter select and if I remember the ps3 version it'll show you how much you missed in a specific chapter.

Hubb

I've seen it mentioned somewhere in this thread, but it can't find it and google doesn't yield a confident result.

How does one go about the NG+ glitch? I'm going to do one normal play through and then attempt Grounded with NG+.

Doesn't work anymore. First thing I tried when I got the game. Unless someone has another trick.

Moofers

Doesn't work anymore. First thing I tried when I got the game. Unless someone has another trick.

That's not what people were saying in here yesterday. Somebody had all the trophies and not enough time logged to have done it without the trick. Or at least that's what was said.

bombshell

Complete the game on any difficulty e.g. hard.

Complete first chapter on the same difficulty in New Game Plus.

As soon as second chapter starts
The quarantine zone one
, quit to main menu, chapter select first chapter again on survivor/grounded and it's a New Game Plus on a higher difficulty with all your upgrades.

It still works.

NG+ glitch still seems to work on PS4

Slappers Only

Got this last night, and I wanted to post some snap readings...

Lots of bugs for sure. Ellie has disappeared on me twice, both times ending in crashes. She was still "around" somewhere, because I'm playing with subtitles on, and her lines still come up, but I can't hear her.

I ran into another weird bug when I walked into a hallway where there's supposed to be a clicker corpse sitting in a doorway. What I actually saw was some clicker goo with a dialogue bubble, and then a clicker standing up in the middle of the hallway, stuck in a default rig pose. It was actually way creepier than the setup was supposed to look, but the game crashed.

Pop-in is all over the place. I don't remember seeing that on PS3.

In general, I'm feeling disappointed by this release. Kind of a mess at the moment.

Lots of bugs for sure. Ellie has disappeared on me twice, both times ending in crashes. She was still "around" somewhere, because I'm playing with subtitles on, and her lines still come up, but I can't hear her.

I ran into another weird bug when I walked into a hallway where there's supposed to be a clicker corpse sitting in a doorway. What I actually saw was some clicker goo with a dialogue bubble, and then a clicker standing up in the middle of the hallway, stuck in a default rig pose. It was actually way creepier than the setup was supposed to look, but the game crashed.

In general, I'm feeling disappointed by this release. Kind of a mess at the moment.

Were you playing while it was still downloading?

Cmagus

I think I'm gonna grab this on PS4 tonight. I never played the original and it seems like anywhere I see this game so much of it is getting spoiled lol. How long is the game? I feel like doing it in one sitting.

StuBurns

Banned
I think I'm gonna grab this on PS4 tonight. I never played the original and it seems like anywhere I see this game so much of it is getting spoiled lol. How long is the game? I feel like doing it in one sitting.
Too long for one sitting, it's about 16-18 hours.

That sucks man. I had a weird texture loading issue when I first started it up, but chalked that up to the fact I was using PlayGo and the rest of the game hadnt downloaded yet. Played 3 hours last night without any visual glitches. Was the game fully installed when you were playing?

Otherwise I can understand your disappointment, those things would really take me out of the game

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

one sitting? it's like 18 hours long, dude haha

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Couple of things so far.

- Don't know what people were expecting for upgarde in graphics, I think it looks incredible though.
- looks like they still didn't fix the issue with tracking collectibles, not sure why that's a thing still.
- Grounded mode seems fairly straightforward so far.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Depending on how hardcore the dude is, it's definitely possible.

If he starts at 10 am, hop up on caffeine throughout the day, a 16 hour play could finish at 2 am.

he'd also be an unhealthy waste of space.... no adult should be playing games for 16 hours in a row

Slappers Only

That sucks man. I had a weird texture loading issue when I first started it up, but chalked that up to the fact I was using PlayGo and the rest of the game hadnt downloaded yet. Played 3 hours last night without any visual glitches. Was the game fully installed when you were playing?

Otherwise I can understand your disappointment, those things would really take me out of the game
Let's see. The game was fully downloaded for sure, but I didn't download any multiplayer content. Not sure if that has any impact, but yeah.

I still adore the game, and even a buggy version warrants several more playthroughs for me. But yeah, I'm just a little let down.

Top Bottom