• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

he'd also be an unhealthy waste of space.... no adult should be playing games for 16 hours in a row

Why not? Is there a limit to how long an adult should play videogames for? I don't get this way of thinking.....

As long as he/she isn't putting videogames before more important things in their lives like work and family, then I don't see the harm. It's their time to spend.

Got this last night, and I wanted to post some snap readings...

Lots of bugs for sure. Ellie has disappeared on me twice, both times ending in crashes. She was still "around" somewhere, because I'm playing with subtitles on, and her lines still come up, but I can't hear her.

I ran into another weird bug when I walked into a hallway where there's supposed to be a clicker corpse sitting in a doorway. What I actually saw was some clicker goo with a dialogue bubble, and then a clicker standing up in the middle of the hallway, stuck in a default rig pose. It was actually way creepier than the setup was supposed to look, but the game crashed.

Pop-in is all over the place. I don't remember seeing that on PS3.

In general, I'm feeling disappointed by this release. Kind of a mess at the moment.

Thats the most disappointing thing about this version and something i really didn`t expect. It feels the pop in is worse than in the ps3 version.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How significant is the jump in difficulty from Survivor to Grounded? I am on Survivor and early enough in the game where starting over wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm not sure how it would be as a first run through, I've played through a bunch on survivor, so for me it's about the same. I rarely used my supplies as it was and basically stealthed around and used brticks/bottles for most the game, so it's basically the same for me so far.

daveo42

Banned
Have fun during that re4
enemy wave segment in Winter with David
, bro.

I found the
sniper portion in Summer to be the most infuriating on Survivor thanks to a lack of items at the time. I think I'll dread it the most on Grounded run. The wave segment in Winter was cake in comparison.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm not sure how it would be as a first run through, I've played through a bunch on survivor, so for me it's about the same. I rarely used my supplies as it was and basically stealthed around and used brticks/bottles for most the game, so it's basically the same for me so far.

I'm gonna try it then, I'll just make sure not to overwrite my current saves if it's too frustrating.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh I didn't realize it was that long, I was thinking it would be around 8-10 hours or so. Anyways I purchased it so I've got that downloading.

yeah it's actually pretty beefy

Why not? Is there a limit to how long an adult should play videogames for? I don't get this way of thinking.....

As long as he/she isn't putting videogames before more important things in their lives like work and family, then I don't see the harm. It's their time to spend.

playing video games for 18 hours straight is unhealthty, no two ways about it. also if you have work, family, friends, responsibilities and you'd be hard pressed to find an 18 hour stretch as it was.

Andrew.

Banned
I found the
sniper portion in Summer to be the most infuriating on Survivor thanks to a lack of items at the time. I think I'll dread it the most on Grounded run. The wave segment in Winter was cake in comparison.

Yep that part sucks on Grounded too. One hit kills everywhere. Keep smoke bombs handy.

yeah it's actually pretty beefy

playing video games for 18 hours straight is unhealthty, no two ways about it. also if you have work, family, friends, responsibilities and you'd be hard pressed to find an 18 hour stretch as it was.

On a regular basis? Sure. But running a marathon once in a while for a big game? I don't see the big deal.

I have work and reponsibilities too but I'm a single young male that lives alone - I often have an entire Saturday or Sunday with nowhere to be. I could definitely stock up on food and drink and play all day if I wanted.

daveo42

Banned
Yep that part sucks on Grounded too. One hit kills everywhere. Keep smoke bombs handy.

That was my problem. Not enough black powder/explosives to make them since I was making other stuff and rarely used the smoke bombs. Might change that up a bit in Grounded.

kubus

Arghh first time I missed a collectible in my Grounded run :(. Two shiv doors in a row and I didn't have enough supplies to make two shivs. So I had to leave the second door unopened, and with that, a collectible that was hidden behind it...

Of course, two minutes afterwards I find some scissors that I needed but there's no way to backtrack...

Oh well, I have to do at least one other playthrough to fully upgrade everything so it's not that bad. Do collectibles stack btw or do I need to collect everything in a second playthrough again?

On a regular basis? Sure. But running a marathon once in a while for a big game? I don't see the big deal.

I have work and reponsibilities too but I'm a single young male that lives alone - I often have an entire Saturday or Sunday with nowhere to be. I could definitely stock up on food and drink and play all day if I wanted.

Same here. Many an entire weekend has been spent doing nothing but playing a new release. No regrets.

daveo42

Banned

Yeah, I do this too when I have the time and a game that really grabs me. I actually spent an entire Sunday from about 10am to 3am the next morning paying this game last year and then finished up the following night.

I don't really do that often unless it is an MMO I get sucked into. There is a reason why I try and avoid playing them.

Same here. Many an entire weekend has been spent doing nothing but playing a new release. No regrets.

Yup exactly. I mean - my nature doesn't allow me to play more than 2/3 hours at a time without a break. Even for new releases I often play for a bit, make lunch, maybe pop out for an hour just to get some fresh air then come back to it etc. But point is that if I wanted to I could definitely play 12-15 hours straight on a weekend. I don't think it's unhealthy as long as you're still paying attention to your body and the rest of your life outside

So I just got to the part where
I give Ellie the rifle
?

How far am I?

Enjoying it so far, only played the first 2-3 hours on the PS3 version. Having more fun for whatever reason, but the parts that annoy me still annoy me.

Dave_6

I actually only played this for a couple hours on the PS3 so it was no brainer purchase for me. This game gets TOUGH in places for me though and I'm playing on normal. Nothing cheap I'd say, I just need more play time I guess.

Jin

I encounter a animation glitch in the early part of the game. You and Ellie were suppose to vault over a obstacle and continue on to a tunnel. Ellie approach the obstacle and she stood up and stiff like a tree glided threw the obstacle like a ghost. Once on the other side she resume her normal animation. Pretty creepy. Other than that the graphics are pretty damn amazing. They look photo realistic.

I give Ellie the rifle
?

How far am I?

Enjoying it so far, only played the first 2-3 hours on the PS3 version. Having more fun for whatever reason, but the parts that annoy me still annoy me.

Umm if you are where I think you are, you're maybe 30-40% through. the game. I'm guessing you have about 6-7 hours at that point.

IKizzLE

I give Ellie the rifle
?

How far am I?

Still got a ways to go. Atleast 10 more hours of the game left.

Let's see. The game was fully downloaded for sure, but I didn't download any multiplayer content. Not sure if that has any impact, but yeah.

I still adore the game, and even a buggy version warrants several more playthroughs for me. But yeah, I'm just a little let down.

Are you sure the game was fully downloaded ?
After the first 11 GB download you can play and rest downloads in the background that includes MP .

Does the game share trophy list with the PS3 version?

I completed the game on PS3 on hard. Have been thinking about starting this on Grounded. I'm intrigued and scared.

Since I didn't have a PS3 when this came out, I've managed to stay completely in the dark about this game other than the fact that you're trying to save a girl because she's special and that there's multiplayer.

My copy arrives tomorrow. Pumped!

JLeack

Banned
I really don't like the zombie design in this game. There are so many times that zombies 20 or more feet away notice me even though its dark and I'm not moving. Also, certain friendly NPCs engage when I'm trying to stealth.

This game is pissing me off.

Glad to see you're enjoying it :D

And yeah, the aiming is a little tricky to adapt to until you get the upgrades, but I like the added layer of tension it gave when I had to resort to shooting the enemies, I had to really concentrate and line up the weapon sway for the headshot. Sweaty palms were had many a time.

I agree.

I think what a lot if people are forgetting, and I'm sure it was touched on in the grounded documentary, is that Joel isn't a military trained, steady handed, perfect aim kinda guy. He's just a 'normal' bloke who just so happens to be in that situation.

I'm pretty sure ND mentioned that they deliberately made the aiming that way and the combat the way it is (rough and ragged around the edges, brawler-ish) due to the fact that Joel is a normal guy.

SRTtoZ

Helping my sis move today, but should be done in a few hours. All I'm thinking about is playing this game. WTF.

BadHand

I don't understand the audio options. I set it to home theater, but only have 2.0 (auto) as a channel option that it won't let me change???

I had the same issue when using optical out. When I changed it to HDMI audio on my receiver it detected a 5.1 set-up in game (rather than 7.1, but I don't know if that's supported).

Brandwin

I really envy everyone getting to play this for the first time.

I never play through games more than one. A) Time B) I feel like I would ruin the experience of my first play through

But I caved and picked it up yesterday - Although I didn't get to play last night because company stayed too late and I was up real late the night before playing Hotline: Miami- and I can't wait to dive in and replay this, plus the underrated, highly addicting multiplayer. I also can see myself spending a lot of time in the photo mode.

For those who are playing for the first time and using photo mode, is stopping to take pics and mess with the photos messing with the immersion of the game?

OneUh8

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the PS4 headset app has updated with a preset for TLOU. Going to load that into my PS Golds.

I really don't like the zombie design in this game. There are so many times that zombies 20 or more feet away notice me even though its dark and I'm not moving. Also, certain friendly NPCs engage when I'm trying to stealth.

...You know that the different zombies each have different characteristics? Clickers can't see you, but runners still can.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Clickers are blind but Runners aren't, which is why they have such distinct sounds. I don't think flashlight gets noticed by anyone though.

But generally if an infected gets too close the friendly AI will attack, they can be a little haphazard and annoying.

I had the same issue when using optical out. When I changed it to HDMI audio on my receiver it detected a 5.1 set-up in game (rather than 7.1, but I don't know if that's supported).

Damn. I should try that - I posted the same problem as well. Have my PS4 going HDMI into my TV, then optical out to my receiver. Game only detects 2.0 - i wonder if it thinks its just outputting to my TV.

Will try running HDMI through my receiver to my TV instead and see if that fixes it

BadHand

Damn. I should try that - I posted the same problem as well. Have my PS4 going HDMI into my TV, then optical out to my receiver. Game only detects 2.0 - i wonder if it thinks its just outputting to my TV.

Will try running HDMI through my receiver to my TV instead and see if that fixes it

This was exactly my set-up. I think doing HDMI out for audio will fix your issue. (Auto-detect in-game was insisting I was using my TV speakers when I wasn't)

Top Bottom