• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I don't know, there was discussion on Twitter about Maisie Williams (aka Arya from Game of Thrones), and virtually everyone important seemed to like the idea:
izQ8hfd.png

3yWuICX.png

Are all of these their real accounts? Daaamn

I've said this before, but I'll say it again, the thought of real people portraying either Joel or Ellie makes me cringe. I connected with Joel and Ellie as they appear in the game...I doubt very much I would care about their live action movie counterparts, or feel any sort of connection with them, they would feel like a cheap rip off, lol.

I think Avatar/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes level of CGI should be used for all videogame-movies. That way they can stay true to the characters looks, voices, mannerisms, personality, etc etc.

I like Dylan McDermott's role in AHS 2, he sounds and looks basically exactly like Joel.

dylan-mcdermott-american-horror-story-asylum-bloody-face-coat-hanger-fx.jpg

Yeah, I can see it. Not a bad choice.

He has been fantastic in AHS. To me he looks too young though but make up can do wonders.

I know he's too old for the role, but Bryan Cranston is freaking amazing.

Bryan Cranston could be cast as Batman and be the right choice.

I don't think he is too old, I think Joel is mid 40's to 50 based on how much time has passed.

Gray Matter

Watching metroidprimers live stream right now he's up to
university, when Joel and Ellie are talking about school and Ellie's asks that if Joel was ever married. Now that's a story I'd like to know.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't think he is too old, I think Joel is mid 40's to 50 based on how much time has passed.

Joel is about 50, I believe.

TLoU Spoilers:
Sara was 14. Assuming Joel had her when he was 16 he would be 30 in the prologue. Rest of the game picks up 20 years later.

No matter how good the casting etc for this, I think I'll always have trouble disassociating it from the game. Will still just feel like a fan film to me regardless of the production values. One of the problems with games becoming as cinematic and "real" looking as they are now.

KorrZ

Am I the only one that feels like it does a disservice to The Last of Us and games as a medium that they feel a movie is even needed?

Why can't it stand alone as a fantastic story as a video game? Does it really need to be retold by Hollywood?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Where did it say that
sarah was 14?

Ellie is 14 and Joel says Sara was her age at the end.

Am I the only one that feels like it does a disservice to The Last of Us and games as a medium that they feel a movie is even needed?

Why can't it stand alone as a fantastic story as a video game? Does it really need to be retold by Hollywood?
I agree. Still, given that this movie will be written by Druckmann, I would like to see it attract better writers to games.

StuBurns

Banned

Is it a disservice to novels to be adapted?

Even when Walter White was at his worst, he wasn't close to the blunt object that Joel is.

But that is why it is called acting. I am not asking that he reprise WW. I believe Bryan Cranston could be that blunt object because of his acting range and I think he is the perfect fit age wise. Apparently most people can't separate him from that role though. If this is true he may be a bad choice.

Gray Matter

Ellie is 14 and Joel says Sara was her age at the end.

I agree. Still, given that this movie will be written by Druckmann, I would like to see it attract better writers to games.

Well if that's the case
joel and Ellie were together for about a year, so doesn't that make the girls 15?

I guess they just think the exposure it would get from a hopefully good/great movie would be beneficial to the owner of the IP.

MercuryLS

Banned
Eb games Canada is doing a trade in promo. Trade in the PS3 version and get the PS4 version for $25. I'm totally getting in on that, especially since I only paid $40 for it originally and I'm getting $30 trade in value.

StuBurns

Banned
Nope. The Road was a pretty good movie.
It was indeed, and it's an incredible novel.

I think people just need to take any adaptation as its own isolated entity and don't let it impact their opinion of the source material.

Regardless of how good the film is or isn't, if it even happens that is, it's not going to impact the game, and there are millions of people that would never even consider playing any game, let alone a console one. Those people can get something from a film version.

AKyemeni

Anyone see the german guy on twitch streaming the multiplayer? Playing it like a straight-up a third person shooter.
How is he finding players? I tried for a total of 30 minutes in matchmaking across the different play lists and I couldn't find a single soul.

He was probably playing in a custom game with his friends.

Top Bottom