• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The framerate.

Oh+stop+it+you....+FOLLOW+ME+ON+TUMBLR+http+andres-cordova.tumblr.com_091b98_3599485.gif

Krakn3Dfx

Third visit to my storage area was the charm, found my PS3 copy and used it to put $25 towards my PS4 pre-order at Gamestop.

Come on Tuesday!

Was gonna say the same thing. I have no idea where that is.

It's where Joel washes up after the close-call escape at the end of Pittsburgh, you make your way across the beach, past a boat and into the sewers.

Graphically I thought it was one of the best areas in the original, by jaw dropped when I saw that beach.

chaosaeon

Basically this, but also that Phil Kollar didn't understand that *MAJOR TLOU SPOILER*
Joel is essentially the "villain" of The Last of Us, or that his selfish motivations can be seen as villainous against "the greater good"

Pretty much.
When Joel finally sort of gave in to selfishness once he had completely made Ellie his daughter in his mind, there was no reasoning or rational argument he would've accepted and he became protective to the point of animal madness. Like tunnelvision, his fear of losing her was a massive adrenaline shot and everything that stood between him and her became nothing but living speedbumps. He's aware that it's selfish (I believe) and he just doesn't care that it is because he wants it to work out so badly.

Hubb

For what it is worth my brothers order from Amazon just shipped. I'll be picking mine up from Gamestop after work Tuesday.

What is the chance the game gets to him on Monday? Probably zero, but it is always nice to hope.

chaosaeon

It's where Joel washes up after the close-call escape at the end of Pittsburgh, you make your way across the beach, past a boat and into the sewers.

Graphically I thought it was one of the best areas in the original, by jaw dropped when I saw that beach.

Same for me. I stared at every little detail there, just loved the tranquil low light/daybreak sky and the wet sand. It reminded me of some real life early mornings I've seen. Definitely stuck in my mind. I also loved
the ranch cottage Ellie runs off to on the horse. Felt like I could smell the dusty wood furniture.

For those that have played Grounded on PS3. How much more difficult is it compared to Survival +?

Thinking about starting my first run on Grounded.

0racle

From what I understand

- survival mode is unlocked from the start
- If I beat easy mode first, would I then unlock ALL difficulties of new game + ? or only the easy new game plus?

For those that have played Grounded on PS3. How much more difficult is it compared to Survival +?

Thinking about starting my first run on Grounded.

It's more difficult - you can't see the HUD, enemies tend to swarm you, and supplies are extremely limited. But, if you've played the game before a few times, it's definitely do-able.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
From what I understand

- survival mode is unlocked from the start
- If I beat easy mode first, would I then unlock ALL difficulties of new game + ? or only the easy new game plus?

I don't know if they altered it for Remastered but in the original release you could only do NG+ for the same difficulty you had previously completed.

Hubb

Hm, my former roommate tried after that update and it wouldn't work for him, he had to delete the patch and try it.

I got the Survivor+ trophy around December 30th 2013. Patch 1.03 was in August 2013. I was able to do it then, maybe there were different issues for other people I don't know.

Found this analysis:

G00gPmkh.jpg
This is not aimed at you specifically, so please pardon if this comes off wrong but ever since this generation kicked off, pixel counting has reached ridiculous levels. I know we've always talked about graphics and they are important, but the nitpicking is crazy to me. This game looks beautiful.

Gbraga

Re-posting these from the 'Console Screenshots' thread (credit goes to nbnt):

14575159627_74536336c1_o.png

Oh my god.

This is one of the areas that really impressed me on PS3, no wonder it looks fucking amazing on PS4.

Remastered is pretty much a PC version of The Last of Us with all the DLC and some new cool shit that we usually don't get with PC versions, I have no idea what people expected, but this is the best it could possibly be to me.

Completely unrelated, but now I'm slowly turning into one of the "I hope Persona 5 gets a PS4 version" guys >_<

Top Bottom