• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

MattyG

Banned
I still can't decide if I should just trade the disc of my PS3 version and keep the tin case, or if I should keep it just in case. I feel like I should keep it, but I don't know why. Hmmm, I dunno, what do you guys think?

Would you say aiming has improved with 60fps or is that just developer fluff?

A higher framerate means less input lag. Hot Pursuit had the lowerst input lag ever recorded for a 30fps game at 83ms. But every other 30fps game has at least 100ms of input lag. Your average 60fps game has input lag of 66ms. So aiming would improve just based on that.

delta25

Banned
One thing to say to that person

MQ2drQu.gif

lol I just used that gif in the other thread.

fucking love it

oldmario

I still can't decide if I should just trade the disc of my PS3 version and keep the tin case, or if I should keep it just in case. I feel like I should keep it, but I don't know why. Hmmm, I dunno, what do you guys think?

i think i saw a gamestop computer screen on reddit the other day that said the game didn't have to have a box or manual for trade in, might be a good idea to check with your local store on this

Pimpwerx

Yes it does. But I'd go as far as saying it improves everything, the melee in particular seems like it benefited the most. Everything just seems so smooth for me. But of course, the aiming is intentionally hard at first because of the 'sway' that they implemented.
Which do you prefer, 30 or 60, for this game? PEACE.

StuBurns

Banned
How do we know DF will have an article tomorrow? They're UK based, so release is Friday, the Euro patch isn't out as far as I know, and they rarely have material for launch day anyway.

Brawl96

Does anyone else REALLY wanna replay this for the story but is just LOATHING the fucking water paddle puzzles?

I was getting bored of them towards the end on my ps3 play through, I hope they don't bog the game down again.

Does anyone else REALLY wanna replay this for the story but is just LOATHING the fucking water paddle puzzles?

I was getting bored of them towards the end on my ps3 play through, I hope they don't bog the game down again.

This is, quite literally, the exact same game with slightly better graphics. So....what?

shem935

Banned
So no confirmations on when reviews will go live? A little after midnight, or do you think most will hold them until the morning.

I would guess starting business hours tomorrow almost all will post with the rest being up at midday. I'm expecting most to be the same score with a blurb of "1080p 60 fps, all the dlc".

But I could watch some sites and let you know via pm if you wanted.

Strider

thats spoilers yo!

But also I really dont understand why everyone is so anxious for reviews. It's the exact same game but prettier. No one that has the game is reporting that its super buggy/glitchy or dropping a bunch of frames. So what gives? what else are you wanting to know?

How many hours until the embargo ends? I'm mainly curious for the DF analysis and JLeack's photos. We already know what the reviews are going to be.

StuBurns

Banned
Fuck remaster. I want the definitive edition...

(lol)
Personally I'd rather they be removed too, just have Ellie climb on your back and swim in those places. The one before that power plant was especially egregious. But you open a can of worms when you decide to improve areas of the game design that could potentially never end.

You mentioned Wind Waker, I really hate that version, ugly ass bloom aside, giving a fast sail and hiding it off the beaten path, then half fixing the triforce fetch quest and not fully fixing it, it's some horrible middle ground between what it was and what it should be.

ron_bato

Which do you prefer, 30 or 60, for this game? PEACE.

Easily 60 fps. Tried going to 30 after playing the 60 fps option and it didn't feel right (and I'm fine with 30 fps games), there's just that added fluidity and smoothness with 60 that makes the game better.

Brawl96

Personally I'd rather they be removed too, just have Ellie climb on your back and swim in those places. The one before that power plant was especially egregious. But you open a can of worms when you decide to improve areas of the game design that could potentially never end.

You mentioned Wind Waker, I really hate that version, ugly ass bloom aside, giving a fast sail and hiding it off the beaten path, then half fixing the triforce fetch quest and not fully fixing it, it's some horrible middle ground between what it was and what it should be.

Its TLOU though, there isn't much else they need to fix game design wise.

And ye, hiding the sail in the auction house was BULLSHIT, but I can't imagine what it'd be like playing that game in its original form.

Cubed

Easily 60 fps. Tried going to 30 after playing the 60 fps option and it didn't feel right (and I'm fine with 30 fps games), there's just that added fluidity and smoothness with 60 that makes the game better.

I'll likely be the same way: start the game at 60, try 30, and then go right back to 60. Like you, I'm also fine with solid 30fps games (Watch Dogs and AC IV being recent examples), but if I have the choice of 60 or 30fps (with better shadows... and nothing else), I'm going with 60.

KillGore

I'm guessing the multiplayer is 60fps as well? If so, how will it affect the multiplayer? Will the higher fluidity make it easier to point and shoot? (not taking into account my internet of course)

Found this

photo-mode-snapshot-18.jpg

We have to adjust the camera's position and the DOF?! No wonder Naughty Dog withheld this information... some people are not going to like this. Between this and the FPS crisis.... if they offer alternate control schemes some people are going to lose their minds because Naughty Dog were too lazy to perfect this themselves. Commence UC4 doom clock!

We have to adjust the camera's position and the DOF. No wonder Naughty Dog withheld this information... some people are not going to like this. Between this and the FPS crisis.... if they offer alternate control schemes some people are going to lose their minds because they were too lazy to perfect this themselves. Commence UC4 doom clock!

They already posted a video with all the photomode features though...
I agree with all your points.
People that don't like options are crazy.

Gaz_RB

After playing so many 30 fps games lately, it's going to be nice to return to that 60 fps goodness.

Tuesday evening I'm gonna kick back, turn the lights out, slip on my headphones, and play my game of the years til I drop.

They already posted a video with all the photomode features though...
I agree with all your points.
People that don't like options are crazy.

I just don't understand all this nitpicking.... man I played 8 bit games with sprites that shimmered like a mofo whenever I fired my weapon or killed an enemy. I love a game with beautiful pristine IQ and amazing effects... but not more than I love just playing a game that is fun to play. And between the single player and the wonderfully tactical and brutal multiplayer... this ticks all the boxes and now I get a 1080p version of the game I love with the option to double the framerate if I want to! Do these same people ask for their money back from a movie if they spot a continuity error and someone's jacket gets unbuttoned mysteriously when the camera angle changes? I would wager no.

iNvid02

After playing so many 30 fps games lately, it's going to be nice to return to that 60 fps goodness.

Tuesday evening I'm gonna kick back, turn the lights out, slip on my headphones, and play my game of the years til I drop.
remember to take regular breaks, don't want to see another tabloid story saying VIOLENT ZOMBIE GAME KILLS MAN

Top Bottom