• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Invictus

Banned
So I just purchased on psn, and I expected it to pre download. Does this game not support that feature? Or am I missing something?

Ok thanks!
Sure hope the servers hold up.

Me too. They have been pretty reliable on new releases from my experience. The only downside is having to wait up until the middle of the night to get the download started. It is usually 20-30 minutes after the release time before you can really start the download.

Hugstable

Banned
Amazon says I'm supposed to receive my game on July 29th, so that does that mean they 1 day ship it tomorrow? This is my first time dealing with Amazon or any online retailer for preordering and purchasing a game at Launch and really want to be playing the hell out of this game again by Tuesday night. July 29th is gonna be crazy with both this and Trails in the Sky getting it's PC port released. LAST OF US 60FPS <3 <3. Thank you Naughty Dog!

ClearData

I don't agree with Phil Kollar's score for TLOU, but it is just one man's opinion. The massive acclaim and success the game has achieved is more vindication than a higher number on a review page on a video game site will ever be.

Most of us are going on another journey with Joel and Ellie, and a lucky group will undertake their first trip. We get to experience that as a community. I am so psyched for that!

Massa

A professional review should be about a lot more than just how much the reviewer enjoyed the game. That is an important aspect of any review but far from the only thing that a game should be judged on. A professional reviewer should also consider how others will receive and enjoy the game and take that into consideration as well. The Polygon guys are just way too wrapped up in their own opinions and self importance.

Disagree with you there, reviews that try to consider other people's opinions are completely worthless to me.

Giving TWD a higher score than TLOU is sacrilege. Also, he contradicts himself greatly if you read the reviews.

antitrop posted quotes earlier today...

I wonder if he will mark the game down for being half as long due to it's doubled frame speed. "The game is blindingly fast, zombies rush you and Joel still hasn't learned how to shoot. I felt like I was in fast forward the whole time and it really distracted from the walking around I wanted to be doing. Trying to mask your unfair and inherently broken gameplay by speeding it up so you don't see the seams in the rotten tapestry of your game is amateur hour and Polygon doesn't even acknowledge what amateur means." 5.5

This is when you start getting into iffy territory.

I'll leave this one alone.

It's not about the score. It's about the fact that he says "[TWD] makes me feel like the bad guy...in a good way." And talks about how he loves that, whereas he explicitly hated that about TLOU.

I'm just pointing out why people reference that, not passing judgment on its validity one way or the other.

Hugstable

Banned
Why is anyone worried about Review scores for this game... we got tons of reviews and impressions to already go off. The core game isn't different, it just looks better and preforms better now. Just enjoy the game, who cares about review scores, especially from Polygan

Why is anyone worried about Review scores for this game... we got tons of reviews and impressions to already go off. The core game isn't different, it just looks better and preforms better now. Just enjoy the game, who cares about review scores, especially from Polygan

Personally, I'm interested to see if they reconcile their 7.5 on a 9.5 game. Not worried, just amused.

Super excited to try this out. Never had a PS3, and my friend sold his before I could borrow it.

How big is the game, does anyone know? Trying to decided whether to pick up at Gamestop, or download it from PSN.

Gray Matter

TTYYuif.jpg

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

Colin Moriarty from IGN.

You guys are still giving Polygon crap for that review? Come on... really?

People have opinions, ya know.

My main issue with the review was the tone. I can appreciate an objective take on mechanics and structure with subjective bits thrown in here and there as color to the experience of the writer but that review came off as an emotional rant. And if that's how he writes his reviews that's fine but for me I find it distracting him postulating how he wants games to be and uses that premise to apply to something he didn't like. I don't particularly enjoy country music but I understand it's merits and appeal and if called upon to review a country album I feel like I could do it justice. When you label your review "dead inside" you've pretty much made your statement.

JLeack

Banned
My main issue with the review was the tone. I can appreciate an objective take on mechanics and structure with subjective bits thrown in here and there as color to the experience of the writer but that review came off as an emotional rant. And if that's how he writes his reviews that's fine but for me I find it distracting him postulating how he wants games to be and uses that premise to apply to something he didn't like. I don't particularly enjoy country music but I understand it's merits and appeal and if called upon to review a country album I feel like I could do it justice. When you label your review "dead inside" you've pretty much made your statement.

Ah, I get what you're saying. I never read their review so I don't know about its tone.

Sean*O

You guys are still giving Polygon crap for that review? Come on... really?

People have opinions, ya know.

Just incredible odds the reviewer for THAT particular site would be the one person out of hundreds to have a lower opinion of that game.

Ah, I get what you're saying. I never read their review so I don't know about its tone.

Pretty much, Kollar's review was pretty much a "I wanted it to be an apple, but it was an orange. Doesn't matter if it's a delicious orange, but it wasn't an apple, so it was dead to me."

LegendX48

I just read about some pretty nasty flashlight thing that was brought up in the 30fps better shadows thread and I'm curious to know if it was brought up here as well. Here's a pic:

Is this just a bug or is there something more to it?

I just read about some pretty nasty flashlight thing that was brought up in the 30fps better shadows thread and I'm curious to know if it was brought up here as well. Here's a pic:

60 FPS unnatural flashlight geometry, 30 FPS Destiny quality Flashlights.
IDK

I am staring at this photo but I just dont see/get it. Someone please point out to me whats wrong with it...

Top Bottom