• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Yeah, just watched it. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'll ask the Gamestop clerk to SIMFA when they call me.

"Hi we're just calling to inform you that your copy of The Last of Us Remastered is--"
"--STICK IT IN MY FUCKING ASSSSSSSSS DAT 60FPS GORE HNGGGGGGG"

murgo

"Hi we're just calling to inform you that your copy of The Last of Us Remastered is--"
"--STICK IT IN MY FUCKING ASSSSSSSSS DAT 60FPS GORE HNGGGGGGG"

Yeah, just like that! Maybe I'll stick something up THEIR ass if they give it to me today instead of wednesday. hhngggg

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Question obviously going to replay the last of us but never played left behind DLC, i heard it is linked to the regular story and scenes are cut in at the appropriate moments in single player. i want to play the main story and left behind beside each other, so with your input generally where would I start to play left behind so it fits in with the main story so it seems like one big experience?

Question obviously going to replay the last of us but never played left behind DLC, i heard it is linked to the regular story and scenes are cut in at the appropriate moments in single player. i want to play the main story and left behind beside each other, so with your input generally where would I start to play left behind so it fits in with the main story so it seems like one big experience?

I think it's better to play it as it was released. Main game, then DLC. Ellie mentions some things in the main campaign that I think make the DLC seem more effective. But, if you wanted to do it the way you mention it shouldn't be hard to figure out where it fits in.

Vidpixel

"Interestingly, some people here at IGN do prefer the 30 frame setting, however."

Plebs. Plebs the lot of em.

SadCat_zps242b2eef.gif

CozMick

Banned
To be fair to naughty dog the game does deserve higher review scores thanks to the inclusion of the arguably better than the original left behind dlc and more multiplayer content.

11/10 justified.

Never played this on PS3 so looking forward to plying the remastered version, is the logical process to play the Left Behind DLC before I start the main game?

N30RYU

Ok... so i fell for The Last of Us: trueHD, if I've played the game on PS3 but not the Left Behind DLC do you recomend me to replay the game first, or I can jump first to the DLC?

dOPkcf3.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
Was talking to my friend about playing mp together. Dude played the ps3 version and didn't even know that it had a mp mode. Smh. Then again he got all happy when I told him about Left Behind. Pshhhh. Casuals!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just watched the new 60fps gamersyde vids and it looks very impressive.

If I were really impulsive I'd get a PS4 for this, but I must respect my 'wait til Bloodbourne' mantra

but goddamn if it isn't tempting

Ok... so i fell for The Last of Us: trueHD, if I've played the game on PS3 but not the Left Behind DLC do you recomend me to replay the game first, or I can jump first to the DLC?
You COULD jump right into the Left Behind DLC since you've already played it, but I'd recommend going through the whole game so it's fresh on your mind once again.

S0P0K2k.jpg

Since you have played it i would jump into the DLC.

I did not play the DLC on PS3 so i will be playing it first.

WITHE1982

I'm in the same position. Completed TLOU on PS3 numersous times and bought Left Behind but as soon as I head about the remaster I held off on playing it.

Personally I'm going to play it where it would be most canon to the story -
basically after Joel is impaled and you first take control of Ellie in the snow
- I think that will be the best way but only if you've completed the main game before.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Did the ps3 version originally launch during the stupid online pass era or did those get dropped already? Might be thinking of uncharted. Just trying to think why I never once touched the mp. I usually play those at least once.

murgo

dOPkcf3.jpg

Dafuq? Is the game really called TrueHD and not Remastered in your region?

hesido

Guys, can we preload this thing? It will affect my buying decision (because of how my bandwidth is throttled, I may have to buy this at the end of next month as I don't want to blow my cap at the beginning of a month (the game fills my bandwidth cap immediately.)

Guys, can we preload this thing? It will affect my buying decision (because of how my bandwidth is throttled, I may have to buy this at the end of next month as I don't want to blow my cap at the beginning of a month (the game fills my bandwidth cap immediately.)
No pre-loading, unfortunately. Probably going to be one of the last games to not have it. Why don't you get the physical copy?

Betty

Banned
Did the ps3 version originally launch during the stupid online pass era or did those get dropped already? Might be thinking of uncharted. Just trying to think why I never once touched the mp. I usually play those at least once.

Pretty sure it did have an online pass, but I never touched the multi for ages too until I decided to platinum it. I was blown away by how good it was.

hesido

No pre-loading, unfortunately. Probably going to be one of the last games to not have it. Why don't you get the physical copy?

That seriously blows. It's about 10 dollars cheaper to buy online instead of physical copy, and I'll be able to play the game on my brother's PS4 (he can check the game out too, this way..)

Top Bottom