• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Season 2 New Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

the-last-of-us_0.jpg
the-last-of-us_1.jpg
the-last-of-us.jpg

Season II. The HBO Original Series #TheLastOfUs returns in 2025 on ‪@StreamOnMax‬ #tlouday Song: Pearl Jam “Future Days”Lightning BoltListen now: https://pj.lnk.to/FutureDaysAbout Max:Max is the culture-defining entertainment service for every mood. With a variety of genres that include your favorite series and movies from iconic brands and treasured franchises, it delivers irresistible stories every time. From reuniting with life-long favorites to uncovering new ones you haven’t discovered yet, there's something for every moment, every feeling, every you.​

Last edited:

ElFenomeno

Did anyone else didn't enjoy the show and abandoned it after a couple of episodes?
All I thought while watching it is I'd rather play the game.
I knew the major story beats, rolled my eyes at the gay episode and overall idk it was bland. The story is not compelling enough in this medium. The game hit differently IMO.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks awesome, really looking forward to this. I still wonder how and when they're gonna do The Thing. Or if they even will.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did anyone else didn't enjoy the show and abandoned it after a couple of episodes?
I knew the major story beats, rolled my eyes at the gay episode and overall idk it was bland. The story is not compelling enough in this medium. The game hit differently IMO.

The "gay episode" was fucking beautiful. You don't need to be gay yourself to enjoy something like that, or feel moved by it.

angrod14

I don't know what it is but this series look too "Disney Channel" to me. It doesn't feel as grounded and natural as the games. Everything looks too "pretty".

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Yup. Ditched it after episode 2. Thought it was fucking terrible and felt extremely "cheap" for an HBO show.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah it looked the part, but i felt it could have been so much more.

The wife who isn't familiar with the game lost interest after a couple of episodes. Will watch season 2 as i'd like to see the game brought to life, hopefully its better than season one.

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
It's hard to for gamers to differentiate the game characters from the TV show. But most the people who watch the show on HBO never played the game. It's a massive hit, probably the biggest show HBO has at the moment

Also, I think TLOU2 story will translate much better with the tv show. It's not nearly as linear as the first game and the show can expand the games world much more

Banjo64

cumsessed
No I thought it was ok to be honest.

The game is superior obviously, but this was a fairly respectful and high quality adaptation - something that’s not common for video game TV & film.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I want to know how they will divide up the seasons. I figured since they were stretching it out to two seasons, "that scene" wouldn't happen til the end of season 2, but based on the trailers, it looks like it may stay true to the game. But obviously, can't be 100% sure just based on trailers.

TheTurboFD

Enjoyed the first season , some things could have been better but this looks better IMO. I really hope they do the urban areas really well.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Are they not splitting part 2 into multiple seasons anymore?

I trust them but it's literally seems impossible to cover that he in 7 episodes
Season 2 is confirmed to be split into 2 seasons. This is PART A. It may even be 3 seasons

Robb

Gold Member
Yeah, although I almost watched the entire series but I still haven’t watched the final episode.

I thought the “gay episode” was pretty darn good in isolation. But as part of the show it felt like a huge waste of my time. I feel they did a lot of stuff like that throughout the show.. I have no desire to keep watching tbh.

Last edited:
Season 2 is confirmed to be split into 2 seasons. This is PART A. It may even be 3 seasons
Link? Last I seen they said years ago they hope to split it.

Yet to see any confirmation that they have but maybe I missed that?

All I know is this is 7 episodes and the trailer has a scene at the very end of the game

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

I loved both games, I like HBO series but the show...it's incredibly overrated IMO and really not all that good like many (critics involved) will have you believe.

Between the changed scenarios, race swapping and miscast characters /actors I just don't know...

It's OK but nothing earth shattering nor mind-boggling

Represent.

Link? Last I seen they said years ago they hope to split it.

Yet to see any confirmation that they have but maybe I missed that?

All I know is this is 7 episodes and the trailer has a scene at the very end of the game

2023 interview

And again in 2024

We eating good

Represent.

We’re really getting Last of Us Season 2 and 28 YEARS LATER just months apart.

What a time to be alive for zombie fans.

Two of the best zombie franchises ever getting new content in the same year.

Top Bottom