• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant |OT| of DON'T LISTEN TO REVIEWERS!

Shirokun

I'm still being cautiously optimistic about this one. IU put a nice big hole in my wallet that was not equal to the satisfaction I got from it.

I'm surprised just how much SE is advertising this on Japanese TV, though. It seems like there's a LR commercial every break! This might just be the best selling RPG on 360 before Star Ocean 4.

-Kh-

Banned
Well I just received an email from Amazon telling me that they shipped the game already, so I should be able to play it tomorrow. Can't wait to finally play it.

sciplore

Its got a awesome premium theme up in the marketplace if anyone is interested. Stolen from the NXE thread.

Nif said:
Last remnant (crappy phone cam)
Photo0022.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

batbeg

^ Looks pretty ugly to me, honestly.

-Kh- said:
Well I just received an email from Amazon telling me that they shipped the game already, so I should be able to play it tomorrow. Can't wait to finally play it.

Fuuuck, I should've just ordered it online. But noo, I didn't think it'd come in time.

-Kh-

Banned
batbeg said:
^ Looks pretty ugly to me, honestly.

Fuuuck, I should've just ordered it online. But noo, I didn't think it'd come in time.

I have good experiences with Play.com and Amazon.co.uk

For new games they usually ship them 1 or 2 days before the official release date, so you get them just in time, there have been a few cases where you get them a couple of days earlier than release date.

And specifically with Amazon, as far as you don't select the Super Saver Delivery option, then it will arrive in time.

Schopenhauer said:
I wish that was the case with Amazon.com's NA branch.

Usually whenever I do anything other than Super Saver it will arrive in at most the same day. Which is I guess amazing since, but possible since Im right by the Lexington KY Amazon place and the Maryland shipping place. Its like free upgrade!

I got a pre-order bonus code for this from Game this afternoon. It seems I've got three extra formations in battle to choose from. Hmm. Game should arrive tomorrow :)

DedicationThroughLight said:
Usually whenever I do anything other than Super Saver it will arrive in at most the same day. Which is I guess amazing since, but possible since Im right by the Lexington KY Amazon place and the Maryland shipping place. Its like free upgrade!

It really isn't the shipping that bothers me since I usually get stuff the next day with the usps shipping option. My problem is that it usually takes two - three days just for Amazon to ship the item out.

Schopenhauer said:
It really isn't the shipping that bothers me since I usually get stuff the next day with the usps shipping option. My problem is that it usually takes two - three days just for Amazon to ship the item out.

Oh you mean that stupid thing they do to take forever, IE keep it in order processing that I like to say. IT happens to my friend all the time in which it will list "Processed, or Mailer notified for pickup, etc," for 2 to 3 days. That only happens when he did the cheapo option, ie, super saver shipping.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Can't wait to get off of work to go get this and CTDS. So excited.
Best gaming day all year.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
AgentOtaku said:
Yeah it got pretty ugly in parts ....the rocks seems to serve no real gameplay purpose and just look ugly as hell poping in
Exactly. Either have them not popping up which is kinda distracting and annoying for each fight or get rid of the damn rocks all together.

batbeg

Kaako said:
Exactly. Either have them not popping up which is kinda distracting and annoying for each fight or get rid of the damn rocks all together.

But the rocks are a last minute addition made because of GAF! Turn-based RPGs need varied terrain, dammit!
I was one of those bitching about the flat environments :(

My favorite part is around 1:25 when the green guys run in - one of them runs through the other union :D A looker this game is not (though I like the models, and the art, and the cutscenes look pretty, it's still such an ugly game).

Kaako

Felium Defensor
batbeg said:
But the rocks are a last minute addition made because of GAF! Turn-based RPGs need varied terrain, dammit!
I was one of those bitching about the flat environments :(

My favorite part is around 1:25 when the green guys run in - one of them runs through the other union :D A looker this game is not (though I like the models, and the art, and the cutscenes look pretty, it's still such an ugly game).
batbeg
Fucked up T.L.R for everyone!
(Today, 11:20 PM)
Reply | Quote

Haha. I appreciate level/plane variety in any game as well, but when it's not pulled off right I'd rather just have a smooth running game with less distracting pop-ins. The character models do look great though, as well as the cutscenes I've seen so far as well. Here's hoping to this game being good.

Jonnyram

Got mine with the Square Enix Trailer DVD this morning. What a great time for the NXE to get released, by the sounds of it. HDD installation should help a ton with UE games.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm still waiting for someone nice enough to upload the Star Ocean 4 opening.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jonnyram said:
Got mine with the Square Enix Trailer DVD this morning. What a great time for the NXE to get released, by the sounds of it. HDD installation should help a ton with UE games.
How many discs it and how big would the install be? Only have a 20GB.

Jonnyram

icecream said:
Anything interesting on the DVD?
I'm at work so I haven't checked yet. Haven't even opened the bag with all my games in :/

Error, I'll try and rip it tonight if noone else has (assuming it's on this DVD!)

batbeg

Enron said:
So...how is this one? Worth adding to an RPG/SRPG backlog? Or is it IU redux?

You... realize pretty much noone here has the game, or at least, to the point of making any judgments, right?

Enron

Banned
batbeg said:
You... realize pretty much noone here has the game, or at least, to the point of making any judgments, right?

Oh? I figured it was out and people were playing. I saw it at my local target tonight, but passed.

RevenantKioku

BTE.jpg

Woo!

Okay, so the Chrono Trigger Orchestra Extra Soundtrack has two tracks. Way to go all out, SE!

The TLR bonus just has the TV CMs for Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and one for Star Ocean 4. Then the trailers for those 3 games.
Oh, openings too it looks like.

batbeg

You're lookin' better RK. Awesome to see you got the game, hopefully I'll have it in a few hours time, though I need sleep :-\

RevenantKioku

I don't know what that is...
*googles*
Looks like Super Titty Soldier.

batbeg- Thanks! I owe a lot of it to WiiFit. Which I am going to do while TLR installs.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Jonnyram said:
No Otomedius!? >:[
I'm gun' gitchoo!

Yeah, wish the 360 was region-free, I'd grab LR and Otomedius in a heart beat. Waiting for PS3 release of LR now as a result.

Phloxy

Well RK please post impressions on the frame rate with it installed, trying to decide if I want to buy it tomorrow or wait.

RevenantKioku

GODDAMMIT!
Five seconds in and I am already pissed.
Why does SE have to use this fugly ass font? I HATES IT.

Aeana

RevenantKioku said:
GODDAMMIT!
Five seconds in and I am already pissed.
Why does SE have to use this fugly ass font? I HATES IT.

Is it that FF12/IU/Trusty Bell subtitle font?

RevenantKioku

Aeana said:
Is it that FF12/IU/Trusty Bell subtitle font?
Yeah. I first saw it in Code Age Commanders. That could play partly into why I hate it so much.
You can save anywhere, eh? That'll be good for how busy I have become, but I still don't like that in my RPGs.

There is a bit of a jump in the graphics when a battle starts and sometimes before attacks are made. I'm sure this will piss off some people but it doesn't bother me.

Rush's speed on the map is nice, though.」

I'm really sick of these splash screens in games though. With installing on the HD, they flash by so fast you can't really read 'em, haha.

RevenantKioku

Okay, well I just got an email asking me to "come eat my taco!" so I will do that. But! So far I am enjoying the hell out of this. Good show, SE!

`Moe Joe.

Banned
That's it I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy this tomorrow. I will return L4D for 100 dollars (7 day guarantee) and get Last Remnant. If LR is a disappointment like IU, at least I can return that for the 100 dollars credit I suppose. L4D is amazing but me and my aussie friends keep getting put on american servers; lagging the whole thing up :(.

Top Bottom