• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant |OT| of DON'T LISTEN TO REVIEWERS!

batbeg

Daaamn, was going out to buy it when I realized my girlfriend took the housekeys :( Every minute is heartache
they're not going to have it, are they?

Edit: Yay, thanks for the Star Ocean upload, looking forward to it.

batbeg

Dear Gamestation: Go fuck yourselves.

:mad:

They're happy to point to me they have a big pile of boxes for the game, and they'll be happy to give it to me tomorrow. So, my lesson here is: buy from a store to support corporations and idiot employees, at greater inconvenience, later release dates, and higher costs! Awesome!

Whereas GAME simply fumbled around for 5 minutes looking through release date papers and lists, before deciding the game doesn't exist.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Rez>You said:
RK needs to shave that moustache ASAP. :p
I want to shave it ASAP, but ¥500 is at stake here!
The mustache is part of Movember for charity.

h3ro

Blimblim said:
Got the game, videos in a few hours.

After that link went up, first thing I did was hit your site to see if you already had vids up as well... :lol

The captures that you use, will they be done by using the Game Install feature now, or have you always captured off the hard disk via a debug?

h3ro said:
After that link went up, first thing I did was hit your site to see if you already had vids up as well... :lol

The captures that you use, will they be done by using the Game Install feature now, or have you always captured off the hard disk via a debug?

wanna know this as well!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Part of me wants to get this...the other part of me realizes it's a Kawazu game...

I changed my shipping settings on Amazon and now it says its not shipping until December 24, 2008 - December 29, 2008. This better be an error or I am canceling...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
h3ro said:

I'll either install or run it off the debug's hard drive. TLR is installed and load times are quite nice :)
I'm actually surprised by how smooth the game is most of the time. After LO's messy framerate I was expecting worse, but even with the free camera (nice!) so far it's been quite good. Of course I've only played for 45 minutes :p
Very little aliasing visible too, quite unexpected.
DedicationThroughLight said:
Does it have Japan voices in it?
Nope, but the English voices aren't too bad.

tokkun

Blimblim said:
I'll either install or run it off the debug's hard drive. TLR is installed and load times are quite nice :).

That's surprising to me. The one video I had seen of city exploration showed atrociously long load times when entering houses.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
tokkun said:
That's surprising to me. The one video I had seen of city exploration showed atrociously long load times when entering houses.
Well, I guess installing is doing wonders. Entering the pub from the street took me 7 seconds (timed from the video I captured). Not great, but I can live with it.

stay gold

Been playing this for the last few hours, I must admit I had very low expectations but I actually really like it so far! The combat confused the fuck out of me to start with but it's pretty cool once you get your head around it :)

Only bad points are the typical UE3 problems like pop in and a messy framerate during battles, and thats with it installed.

replayy said:
Been playing this for the last few hours, I must admit I had very low expectations but I actually really like it so far! The combat confused the fuck out of me to start with but it's pretty cool once you get your head around it :)

Only bad points are the typical UE3 problems like pop in and a messy framerate during battles, and thats with it installed.

how's the story and music so far?

KTallguy

Banned
Blimblim said:
First video will be up in one hour. Second later tonight. Third and fourth tomorrow morning.

Awesome. Man, I really wish the framerate wasn't such an issue.
This does look like something I would enjoy. It may not rate particularly well, though.

love the bit where the protagonists sister gets kidnapped and he gets wacked in the face hehe

Im still a little interested in this game...hopefully the story isn't crap and the characters have some personality...failure on either one of those accounts will probably reduce my interest considerably...

tokkun

Blimblim said:
Well, I guess installing is doing wonders. Entering the pub from the street took me 7 seconds (timed from the video I captured). Not great, but I can live with it.

7 seconds for entering a building still sounds quite bad to me. I can understand loads that long when entering a new area, but long loads on buildings discourages people from wanting to explore.

It's been a while since I played Lost Odyssey, but I'm sure that the city load times were less than that, even from the disc.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
tokkun said:
7 seconds for entering a building still sounds quite bad to me. I can understand loads that long when entering a new area, but long loads on buildings discourages people from wanting to explore.

It's been a while since I played Lost Odyssey, but I'm sure that the city load times were less than that, even from the disc.
They weren't that much better. Also LO cut a lot of corners thanks to the fixed camera. What can't be seen doesn't have to be modeled/textured ;)

Anyway, my first 10 minutes video is up:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7346_en.html
Second one is uploading.

KTallguy

Banned
If the music is good, I don't mind 10 second long load times.
The slowdown in combat makes combat drag, that's the real issue for me.

Sweet thanks for the vids blim!

-Kh-

Banned
Is anyone that got the game online from Amazon, or elsewhere, did you get your extra bonus formations?

I received my game today and was going to play it now, but there was nothing else in the package, neither inside the game box.

Are the extra formations really some pre-order bonus, or it was just marketing bs and they are included in the game already?

Or should I contact Amazon.co.uk and bitch about not receiving my extra formations?

It's kind of surprising how quiet the word has been on the PS3 version of the game. Actually, it almost seems surprising how quiet Square-Enix has been in general on the game. Maybe it's just me. :/

-Kh-

Banned
Mr. Wonderful said:
It's kind of surprising how quiet the word has been on the PS3 version of the game. Actually, it almost seems surprising how quiet Square-Enix has been in general on the game. Maybe it's just me. :/

SE hasn't been quiet about the game. There have been many media and a few interviews in the past months before the game. Although it obviously isn't an A-title for SE, that's why the buzz was lower than with FF or DQ games.

Oh and one thing about the game, the game is unplayable on SDTVs, the UI is just the same than for HD so you have everything on screen, menus, commands, stats, extremely small, unreadable.

I thought Infinite Undiscovery font and menus were rather bad for SD, but this is just to the extreme, almost like how it was with Lost Planet.

And since I don't want to use my HD monitor to play on it right now, I'll pass on the game for today.

-Kh- said:
Is anyone that got the game online from Amazon, or elsewhere, did you get your extra bonus formations?

I received my game today and was going to play it now, but there was nothing else in the package, neither inside the game box.

Are the extra formations really some pre-order bonus, or it was just marketing bs and they are included in the game already?

Or should I contact Amazon.co.uk and bitch about not receiving my extra formations?

They are in the game, but you were supposed to get a card (with rush on it I think) with the codes as a pre-order bonus. At least they were offering it on the NA site.

Oh yeah, looks like Amazon won't be getting the game till the 22nd. :(

stay gold

-Kh- said:

I ordered mine from gameplay and they e-mailed me a code.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Third video added to the news. Link is up a few posts :)
Last one tomorrow, but I guess I'll do more showing some actual fights later on.

Mr. Wonderful said:

I understand that they want to maximize 360 sales, but I wish SE would let us know what's going on with the PS3 version.

-Kh-

Banned
replayy said:
I ordered mine from gameplay and they e-mailed me a code.

I see, thanks. Maybe I deleted the email thinking it was just the usual ship email. I better mail them and ask again then :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
thetrin said:
Part of me wants to get this...the other part of me realizes it's a Kawazu game...

Part of me wants to get this... the other part of me realizes it's a Kawazu game... and makes me want it even more. :D

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Man, I miss being able to capture video. Stupid HD. :(

Ricker

So it has 2 disk...can you install just disk 1 and start playing?....I'm getting this tomorrow and would like to install it on my 20 gig HDD but if you need to install the whole game(the 2 disks) to start playing,then i wont have enough room since it's going to be like 12 gig install?

DihcarEM

-Kh- said:
Oh and one thing about the game, the game is unplayable on SDTVs, the UI is just the same than for HD so you have everything on screen, menus, commands, stats, extremely small, unreadable.

I thought Infinite Undiscovery font and menus were rather bad for SD, but this is just to the extreme, almost like how it was with Lost Planet.

And since I don't want to use my HD monitor to play on it right now, I'll pass on the game for today.

Is it really that bad? My little brother loves these kind of RPG's and he's getting it tomorrow. But he plays on an SDTV. Is it really unplayable?

-Kh-

Banned
DihcarEM said:
Is it really that bad? My little brother loves these kind of RPG's and he's getting it tomorrow. But he plays on an SDTV. Is it really unplayable?

Well you can play just well, but all the text on screen is really small in a 21" TV, besides there's no 4:3 support, so I'm getting black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

Even when you get close to the screen there are somethings that you kinda have to guess what are they.

The tutorial screens are ok to read, but the main problem could be when checking stats to keep track of the units during battle.

Top Bottom