• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story |OT| Now confirmed worldwide

Phenomic

Game just canceled my LE preorder. :(

Yeah apparently they aren't stocking it or something who knows what happened. People on CAG said the same thing happened to them

I have my standard edition preorder up still and it's listed on the site. Where as, the limited edition has been removed.

Buttons

Another collector's edition manual that you could choke a whale with. Is there really such a big saving doing Europe-wide special editions? Meh, I'm probably just bitter because I dislike those USK labels so much. The rest of the package looks fantastic.

You're not the only one who hates the USK logos. It was still ok when in older UK collector's editions the cover on the gamecase itself had no USK logo, but ever since Xenoblade and Skyward Sword, it now has a PEGI and USK logo...

Would have loved to get this collector's edition but I just cant stand the USK logo, that's why I just import all my games from amazon UK instead of buying them from a German store. :/ So I just went with the standard UK edition, pretty excited though. :D

You're not the only one who hates the USK logos. It was still ok when in older UK collector's editions the cover on the gamecase itself had no USK logo, but ever since Xenoblade and Skyward Sword, it now has a PEGI and USK logo...

Do some wii collector's editions not have USK labels? All the ones I have do; xenoblade, skyward sword, monster hunter tri, goldeneye, and now last story. They seem to have been happy to do it for most the wii's lifetime so presumably they'll keep on doing it for the wii u.

That's really nice, although it's a bit odd that the steelbook has room for 2 discs in it.

Yeah, I thought that was odd, too. Maybe they expect us to put the soundtrack in there as well.

Dragon

Banned
I'm assuming this has next to no chance of making to the US. I just glanced through this thread, after suffering through 3 weeks of shipping through Game for Xenoblade (I've heard since then they've come on rough times), what would be the best UK retailer to buy this from? I want to support these games because of their quality. Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming this has next to no chance of making to the US. I just glanced through this thread, after suffering through 3 weeks of shipping through Game for Xenoblade (I've heard since then they've come on rough times), what would be the best UK retailer to buy this from? I want to support these games because of their quality. Thanks in advance.

Amazon Germany (Amazon.DE) has been the choice of a lot of people because they seem to have the best chance to ship it in a box, but they are really expensive compared to HMV or 365Games.

Dennis

Banned
wow....

With Xenoblade and The Last Story, the Wii is brutally dominating the PS3 on the JRPG front.

Never imagined that would happen.

thefro

wow....

With Xenoblade and The Last Story, the Wii is brutally dominating the PS3 on the JRPG front.

Never imagined that would happen.

Yep, and if NOA had a brain, we would have gotten Tales of Graces a long time ago as well. That's a nice lineup.

Still can't believe Square/Enix never gave the Wii anything of substance before DQ X.

Goli

Yep, and if NOA had a brain, we would have gotten Tales of Graces a long time ago as well. That's a nice lineup.

Still can't believe Square/Enix never gave the Wii anything of substance before DQ X.

I think FFCC MlaaK, MlaaD, TCB, Chocobo's Dungeon, and FFIV TAY have a lot of substance.

Ahh screw it. I just ordered from Amazon.de... luckily the pages are set up just like Amazon US, so I could just click my way through without knowing any German. I decided to cancel my Zavvi order, or attempt to cancel - it says processing, so who knows. I guess if I get 2 copies, I'll just sell one and probably recoup my costs.

Firemind

Ah, nuts... I don't hope many other European countries get their own rating labels as well, or there'll soon be no room for the real cover! D:

Only Germany is anal about this sort of stuff. If there's any consolation, I don't think the standard cover is anything special. Just some girl with her eyes closed. Those fanmade covers are much more striking.

Icelight

Ordered from HMV. Then wrote an email begging and pleading for it to be shipped in a box.
Did people have problems in the past with international shipping from them? (Xenoblade?)

I'm probably going to order if from them now too (thanks a lot GAME) but not if they just ship it as-is!

Goli

I think you are being incredibly generous to some fairly underwhelming games.

Okay, maybe the WiiWare ones didn't have much substance without DLC but the rest did (and the WiiWare ones too with all DLC), just not many people played them enough to find out.
Chocobo's Dungeon specially, it gets really challenging in the late game optional dungeons.
...And I didn't think any of them were underwhelming, they were what I expected at least given what they are (for example, I didn't expect much of FFIV TAY considering it was a port of a cellphone game, so I felt content with what was released).
Also, I forgot to include FFCC EoT a.k.a the best local multiplayer experience I've ever had.
Anyways, I don't want to de-rail the topic further.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Most of those games are okay (even if you ignore the egregious nickel-and-diming) but they are not even on the same scale as relatively small releases like Dissidia or Revenant Wings, let along something like XIII. The one Wii FF game that they made any sort of effort with (Crystal Bearers) sucked, and the rest were unambitious, received barely any promotion and, in the case of Echoes, downright lazy. Hell, TAY was the only one that was even a traditional RPG. Oh well.

Man, I basically jumpstart into this game. Haven't really paid much attention to it until last week. But I would dust off my Wii once more for this and Xenoblade.

Bring it!

P.S. Where are the reviews?

I'd really like to have to steel book, but additional 15€ is kinda heavy, especially since I'm not that interested in the CD. I just want the game to not look so bland in my shelve, haha.

The alternative cover looks nice. You could just use that although I guess it wouldn't be too clear on a shelf when you can only see the spine.

P.S. Where are the reviews?

From the OP:

Review Scores
Famitsu: 38/40 (10, 10, 9, 9)
EDGE Magazine: 8/10
Nintendo Gamer: 85/100
XGN (Dutch): 9/10
Meristation (Spanish): 9/10
M(German Magazine): 90%
German Gamepro: 87%
Vandal (Spanish): 9.2/10
Official Nintendo Magazine (UK): 86/100

Shiggy

Alternative cover:
LastStoryCoverVoting_Cover03_large.png

LE package cover:
LastStoryCoverVoting_Cover01_large.png

Steelbook (inside):
LastStoryCoverVoting_Cover04_large.png

So only this one remains unused:
LastStoryCoverVoting_Cover02_large.png

Peagles

For those considering 365games/OZGameshop/NZGameshop... I emailed them about packaging:

Thanks for your email.

We've recently changed our packing process and any game will be sent in a cardboard box and not jiffy bags. So in short, it will be sent in a box! =)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Got a confirmation from 365 that my order shipped! Can't wait! (Standard Edition, for the curious)

Enlightened

Neo Member
Top Bottom