• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (US) |OT| One of Wii's epic last breaths.

Kacho

Amazon just delivered my copy. The packaging is so f'n nice. Good job, XSEED. Between this and Fishing Resort you guys are giving us some great stuff.

Nope. ^_^

The slipcase was to preserve the pristine look of the book cover container. We have to have the info on the back of the games, but we also wanted your display copies to be free of blurbs/screenshots etc, so we put the whole thing in a special slipcase.

Stolen from our Facebook (you can see the slipcase top right):

DgjYK.jpg

Wow, that looks fantastic. You guys really knocked it out of the park with this.

Anyone know if FutureShop is carrying the soundtrack? The piece that plays on the games webpage sounds great.

Seik

Banned
This bundle...

Xseed delivers once again! :p

Its sad we won't see Pandora's Tower here at this rate. Any announcement would be a post-WiiU release now. Guess I'll import then!

Feep

Banned
I'm about four hours in!

Is there ANY point to vaulting over party members, other than the fact that it looks cool?

Hero

Our pleasure. I'm just really happy to hear such positive responses to the packaging and goodies after all the recent stuff. Been a rough couple of days. :p

Nope. ^_^

The slipcase was to preserve the pristine look of the book cover container. We have to have the info on the back of the games, but we also wanted your display copies to be free of blurbs/screenshots etc, so we put the whole thing in a special slipcase.

DgjYK.jpg

I've heard Monday from some Canadians. Cross-border stuff does tend to take longer than anything else. Sorry for the extra, SpaceBridge.

I just want to say that I absolutely love how the Xseed logo is done in a way to go with the colors of the cover art. Nothing wrong with the stock red logo but it wouldn't have looked as nice as it turned out. A really small thing to most people but something that I really appreciate.

I love how the side of the box gives the illusion of it being one large book. And the embossed image on the cover is very nice. Man! Haven't seen stuff this good since the Working Designs days.

thefro

Our pleasure. I'm just really happy to hear such positive responses to the packaging and goodies after all the recent stuff. Been a rough couple of days. :p

Nope. ^_^

Mine just came from Amazon today. You guys did a fantastic job, especially considering it's free. Outdid the Japanese release of the game. Full color manual, larger artbook, case is amazing.

If there would have been the same hidden cover on the inside of the slip case for the actual game that there is in the Japanese version, it would have been 100% perfect.

mcTv7l.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Was monitoring my Amazon's order status of "not yet shipped" with chagrin this week; particularly when it culminated with an email indicating that I needed to approve the new estimated delivery date of 8/22. I approved it. This was yesterday morning.

So imagine my surprise when I got a shipping notification email relatively late last night. Then, delight when I returned home from work to find the game waiting for me in the mail box.

Slick package. Color manual. Nice loots. Not too dissimilar from the EU LE package, and that's not at all a bad thing.

No Club Nintendo code was a bummer though.

Just got mine from Amazon. It was wrapped in about 5 layers of cellophane. I've just been looking at the art book and stuff. This game has really cool looking character designs. The art on the disk is pretty cool too. Really nice package.

jmizzal

Was monitoring my Amazon's order status of "not yet shipped" with chagrin this week; particularly when it culminated with an email indicating that I needed to approve the new estimated delivery date of 8/22. I approved it. This was yesterday morning.

So imagine my surprise when I got a shipping notification email relatively late last night. Then, delight when I returned home from work to find the game waiting for me in the mail box.

Slick package. Color manual. Nice loots. Not too dissimilar from the EU LE package, and that's not at all a bad thing.

No Club Nintendo code was a bummer though.

Hmm mine says delivery date 8/20, just checked and its in transit in a city 3 hours away from me, I wonder if I will get mine tomorrow, I would love to start playing it over the weekend.

Also that does suck no Club Nintendo code, this was a first party game every where else in the world and Nintendo has even been giving codes for 3rd party games on 3DS.

OnPoint

After putting in an order with Best Buy, when their website said it was in stock, and having to cancel it while on the phone with their automated system for like half an hour, I called Gamestop and they had it. No soundtrack CDs lying around, unfortunately, though.

Oh well, I got it.

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally!

August 20 kinda sucks though considering I got one day shipping!

Thores

Got my copy in the mail, very snazzy looking!

I haven't opened it just yet, so a question to people who already have: is there any chance this game has a Club Nintendo code? I know it's technically a third party game over here, but Nintendo has been known to give CN support to choice third party games regardless.

Really intrigued by this game. Perused the thread a little bit but couldn't really find any solid opinions, but...

How is the story? It is the main draw for me (above battle system, graphics, amount of sidequests, etc.). Worth the purchase, or should I pass over this one?

brainpann

Just got mine in the mail! The packaging is nice and I like how it it made to look like a book. I already played the euro release so I think this is gonna stay in the shrink wrap. :)

oh god. so beautiful. ;_;

It doesn't look like I'll be getting mine till the middle of next week. Alas.
Same for me. Though, I'm kind of alright with it. It's not like I don't already have a ton of games to play. The only thing I'm concerned with is actually receiving my copy. It just seems like this game's initial print (and likely only print) is pretty limited.

Got my copy in the mail, very snazzy looking!

I haven't opened it just yet, so a question to people who already have: is there any chance this game has a Club Nintendo code? I know it's technically a third party game over here, but Nintendo has been known to give CN support to choice third party games regardless.

No CN code unfortunately.

Man that box looks amazing. I can't wait. Probably not going to get here until Tuesday or Wednesday at best unfortunately but what ever. Maybe it would be faster to preorder from amazon.com next time around instead of amazon.ca lol.

brainpann

I didnt even plan on playing much of the game but gave it a go after the Euro release and was instantly hooked by the battle system. The story wasn't so bad but really, the battle system is where the game excels. If a sequel (or other title with the same battle system) is released, Ill be there day 1.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Put about two hours in... combat system is starting to turn into something, so I'm excited. Anyway, I really like the game's vibe. It kinda feels like Vagrant Story as far as aesthetics go.

brainpann

Put about two hours in... combat system is starting to turn into something, so I'm excited. Anyway, I really like the game's vibe. It kinda feels like Vagrant Story as far as aesthetics go.

The system evolves nicely too. Every time I thought I was going to start getting a little bored with the game, it changed things up a bit or added something new. I'm not saying it is perfect, and it clearly draws from Gears of War, but as a game, it restored my faith in Sakaguchi.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The system evolves nicely too. Every time I thought I was going to start getting a little bored with the game, it changed things up a bit or added something new. I'm not saying it is perfect, and it clearly draws from Gears of War, but as a game, it restored my faith in Sakaguchi.

Interesting. I really liked Lost Odyssey, so I had a feeling I'd dig this one, too... and yeah, it looks like that'll be the case based on what little time I've invested.

Ra1den

HOLY FUCKING SHIT this package is beautiful!

SERIOUSLY HOLY FUCK this is gorgeous.

I had no idea what it was going to look like, and I almost busted a nut when I opened up my package today.

And the slipcase...what a classy decision. Awesome.

I FUCKING LOVE you Xseed.

Ra1den

So Amazon apparently has it in stock...I was thinking there were shortages or something, based on what I saw in this thread earlier. Will any copies purchased at this point also be this full package?

I was under the impression that every copy printed would contain this stuff, but then I heard something about other websites having just the game with no soundtrack, so I'm not sure.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Super jealous of all you guys playing right now!!
JKV4T.gif

I'm sitting here half-asleep and kinda sorta studying, but I'd rather be playing it. ;_;

How's the battle system so far and has anyone put everyone in their underwear to run around town with?

Seik

Banned
Super jealous of all you guys playing right now!!
JKV4T.gif

I'm sitting here half-asleep and kinda sorta studying, but I'd rather be playing it. ;_;

How's the battle system so far and has anyone put everyone in their underwear to run around town with?

Be strong, you're not alone, time will come!
Not this week-end.
:p

Top Bottom