• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (US) |OT| One of Wii's epic last breaths.

Teknoman

Don't know if this has already been discussed but I went to Gamestop today hoping to grab my copy I've had per-ordred for months and the dude told me that no Gamestop in the country has them. Don't really believe him but there was nothing I could do so I picked up Darksiders twoooo.

My store doesnt have it either. And it does seem to be the case for most.

Pikma

Banned
Getting my copy from Amazon on August 21st it appears, I don't have any idea about my NewEgg pre-order though.

ttocs

My copy is "out for delivery"! I may have to sneak out of work early.

My wife is having some of her girl friends over for dinner and gossip so the dog and I are going to hide in the basement and play this game all night until it's safe to emerge again.

Shaffield

Planning on stopping by GS around 1 to see if the copies are in yet. Not sure what to expect, most of my preorders get an "available tomorrow AM" message, while this one said PM.

I got shit to do dammit gaemstorp

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My new egg order is out for delivery now, lol. Shipped from California, had 3 day, was supposed to get here tuesday.

Fucking Newegg I swear.

Bulzeeb

Picking up my copy tomorrow at the mall. Miiiiiight be tempted to lift Xenoblade as well.

that is a no brainer, do it. btw it seems I'll be receiving my game next monday on amazon, the only thin I can add is that this was my first shitty experience with amazon.

Chairhome

Just saw the IGN (eu) video review and I kind of want to get this game. But I'm not even halfway through Xenoblade. Hopefully I'll be able to pick this up sometime in the future.

My wife is having some of her girl friends over for dinner and gossip so the dog and I are going to hide in the basement and play this game all night until it's safe to emerge again.

Awesome. Same situation here! My wife and daughter will be at grandma's, leaving me, the dog, and my game for the evening. Enjoy!

ttocs

To anyone who has played this game (or knows about the story), I have a question. How is the love story in the game? I was surprised to see that there was one in a review. Without being spoilery, is it a main part of the story or is it just kind of tacked on. Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic and I ate up the love story in ffx, so it would be nice to see another good love story in a JPRG (a serious love story and not some goofy one.)

Zornica

Banned
To anyone who has played this game (or knows about the story), I have a question. How is the love story in the game? I was surprised to see that there was one in a review. Without being spoilery, is it a main part of the story or is it just kind of tacked on. Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic and I ate up the love story in ffx, so it would be nice to see another good love story in a JPRG (a serious love story and not some goofy one.)

it's not very important to the story

but imho the story itself isn't very important either...

Pikma

Banned
My local Gamestop texted me, says the game has arrived. Now, if only my Wii will start reading discs again.

Get a cleaning kit from Nintendo's website, my Wii wouldn't read double layer games (i.e. SSMB, Xenoblade) and I cleaned it in like 2 minutes, and now there's no problem at all.

Got it!

aaaawwwwesome packaging. Srsly. The only thing that would make it better would be if it was a steelbook, but as it is, it looks like a hardcover book. pretty neat!

I also appreciate that the disc case isn't an eco-case.

installing to my USB loader. The game code is SLSEXJ
I shall refer to it as Sex-J

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
AUGH

I gotta take a shower with the quickness, so I can book it over to Gamestop.

I know what I'm wasting the rest of my day playing.

jorgeton

Alright, I couldnt control myself and picked it up at Best Buy. Really excellent packaging. I did not get a soundtrack CD though :( I am so excited to clock in this weekend.

Seik

Banned
Got it!

aaaawwwwesome packaging. Srsly. The only thing that would make it better would be if it was a steelbook, but as it is, it looks like a hardcover book. pretty neat!

I also appreciate that the disc case isn't an eco-case.
installing to my USB loader. The game code is SLSEXJ
I shall refer to it as Sex-J

Oh really? That's great, I hate those with a passion.

Went to GS to pre-order it and cancelled my other one at another retailer, they're offering the OST so...heh. They said they'll get it monday.

Gamestop two blocks from my house got it...and soon I will too. I love the soundtrack, it's gonna be nice to actually play the game.

Bummed my Futureshop copy is delayed till the 24th, I was hoping to play it while I was off work from getting my wisdom teeth out.

Anyways, for those who have the game now how's the artbook? I'm hoping it's better made than that Dark Souls one, it felt like it was going to come apart in my hands whenever I touched it.

jorgeton

Bummed my Futureshop copy is delayed till the 24th, I was hoping to play it while I was off work from getting my wisdom teeth out.

Anyways, for those who have the game now how's the artbook? I'm hoping it's better made than that Dark Souls one, it felt like it was going to come apart in my hands whenever I touched it.

The book is nice. Good paper stock, it feels solid. Some cool images and a nice blurb by the Gooch.

Dantis

This has been getting a lot of positive press, I've noticed. I finished the EU one a few months back, and whilst I enjoyed it, I think it's a bit much to call it one of the greatest RPGs of the generation.

The last boss theme is tremendous though. Even if it does sound astoundingly like Metroid Prime at one point.

How is everyone else liking it?

kswiston

Is this game out in any Canadian stores yet? My wife is at a conference this weekend, and I was hoping to playing it while I had the house to myself.

Looks like I snagged the last copy from my Gamestop. Wasn't expecting such a nice box and booklet. Gonna start it up right this moment.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This box sure is tempting me to just rip it open and play the thing. But I think I wanna wait till after dinner, and then just spaz out for like... the entire night.

Thores

If this is what you're looking for, you might want to buy and play Xenoblade Chronicles if you haven't already.

Also my copy of TLS from Amazon is currently in my city out for delivery. Hooray!

Alchemy

My copy is in transit, was shipped from Phoenix, Arizona this morning. Estimated delivery on the 21st. Pretty excited.

Wait, so it's not just a slip case holding the box and artbook together? Anyone want to snap an image? All my Google searches bring up are European copies of the game.

jb1234

If this is what you're looking for, you might want to buy and play Xenoblade Chronicles if you haven't already.

Also my copy of TLS from Amazon is currently in my city out for delivery. Hooray!

Eh. Xenoblade doesn't have much of a love story either. At least not one that I found memorable. The game's strengths generally lay elsewhere than in its characters.

Mine just switched to Shipping Soon! Yay!

Thanks for getting this game to us in NA

Our pleasure. I'm just really happy to hear such positive responses to the packaging and goodies after all the recent stuff. Been a rough couple of days. :p

Wait, so it's not just a slip case holding the box and artbook together? Anyone want to snap an image? All my Google searches bring up are European copies of the game.

Nope. ^_^

The slipcase was to preserve the pristine look of the book cover container. We have to have the info on the back of the games, but we also wanted your display copies to be free of blurbs/screenshots etc, so we put the whole thing in a special slipcase.

Stolen from our Facebook (you can see the slipcase top right):

DgjYK.jpg

Any news on Canadian Gamestops?

I've heard Monday from some Canadians. Cross-border stuff does tend to take longer than anything else. Sorry for the extra, SpaceBridge.

About to head home from school, my copy should be there when I get home. I'm not going to crack it open yet (if I can help it) since I'm not finished with Xenoblade yet. If prices are climbing when I get done, I'll probably keep it sealed.

Top Bottom