• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (US) |OT| One of Wii's epic last breaths.

Amazon.ca tells me my preorder is shipping on the 24th. I better get my preorder bonus this time too, Amazon's already screwed me once on it.

Cheska

Looks like the price is already going up online...if you haven't pre-ordered already and want to play the game I'd suggest scouting out a Gamestop that has an extra copy. I don't think we're going to be seeing many copies in the wild after release, similar to how Xenoblade copies are few and far between.

My Amazon order shipped early this morning. I definitely pre-ordered later (July) than a lot of folks in here who are getting the shaft. I wonder if it has anything to do with Prime?

Reveirg

I already asked on the Community thread but that one seems dead...

Anybody knows where I can find that one screenshot of the Last story's first prototype version?

It has a different UI and more of a sci-fi look...

Thanks!

lordcyno

I got an email from amazon late last night saying it'd ship within the next business day. Ordered on April 1 with prime.

ttocs

Just spoke with someone at my local gamestop (where I preordered) and he said they should have it tomorrow by noon. I'm crossing my fingers to have it by the weekend.

MyEpitomeCliché;41099747 said:
My Amazon order shipped early this morning. I definitely pre-ordered later (July) than a lot of folks in here who are getting the shaft. I wonder if it has anything to do with Prime?

I ordered July 25th with a Prime account and I was bumped back. I dunno... doesn't seem to have a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it.

Phenomic

I'm just striking out hardcore trying to find a copy. Will probably have to hope Amazon comes through with their estimated shipping date.

1) Local game shop is having a hard time as well getting stock from their two distributors.
2) Gamestop said I couldn't preorder and that they will probably show up tomorrow, but he doesn't think they have enough to do more than just their preorders.
3) Best Buy says they have stock in every location online other than mine which still says Unavailable. Talked to an employee this morning who said they have a few that are on order, but apparently they haven't arrived yet.

Best Buy seems to be a decent enough shot for everyone trying to look for a copy who can't seem to get one otherwise. A lot of stores in my surrounding areas (at least an hour away) evidently got them in on trucks as the website updated to available.

Happy Hunting everyone.

*Edit* BB Came through and I am now the proud owner of : The Last Story

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So what's the deal with the "limited edition" of the game? I tried asking around at Gamestop but nobody seemed to know... preordered a copy and when I went there yesterday, was told it was delayed :( but they gave me a copy of the soundtrack at least.

I tend to like a lot of offbeat, unique RPGs other people considered "flawed" so that's why I'm not really listening to reviews on this. It'll be the first game I play once I finally move in to my condo, so I'm excited (even if I won't be able to start right away)!

Any word on Pandora's Tower? Even if it was the least exciting (to me, personally) of the 3 OpRa games, it would be nice to hear that was coming to the US as well.

So what's the deal with the "limited edition" of the game? I tried asking around at Gamestop but nobody seemed to know... preordered a copy and when I went there yesterday, was told it was delayed :( but they gave me a copy of the soundtrack at least.

I tend to like a lot of offbeat, unique RPGs other people considered "flawed" so that's why I'm not really listening to reviews on this. It'll be the first game I play once I finally move in to my condo, so I'm excited (even if I won't be able to start right away)!

Any word on Pandora's Tower? Even if it was the least exciting (to me, personally) of the 3 OpRa games, it would be nice to hear that was coming to the US as well.
I think it's safe to say if we haven't heard anything about Pandora's Tower yet it isn't coming to NA.

Shaffield

Shit, I hope my GS gets their copies in tomorrow. I won't be able to get back there again after tomorrow until the following weekend

Seik

Banned
My retailer told me they'll have it next Tuesday.

I'll give my week-end to FFVII PC then, next week TLS. :)

First-run copies will have an artbook. EB/GS preorders will have the soundtrack.

For reference to everyone that pre-ordered and has been bumped or hasn't gotten notification yet, mine's shipped and I ordered mine end of March.

MarkusRJR

I was told to go in on Monday because they're having shipping problems at the border (between Canada and US). Now I have to coordinate my time between it and NSMB2. :/

Also how do you guys get texts from Gamestop/EB Games? I only ever get calls and I'd rather get texts because they phone me at the worst times.

I was told to go in on Monday because they're having shipping problems at the border (between Canada and US). Now I have to coordinate my time between it and NSMB2. :/

Also how do you guys get texts from Gamestop/EB Games? I only ever get calls and I'd rather get texts because they phone me at the worst times.
US here. They have stopped giving me calls for my preorders at least a year ago. Now I just get texts. Still haven't got my text yet. Hoping it'll be there tomorrow....

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't even think EB Canada sends texts. All I get are calls too.

Was told to come in next week as well, so I guess that's for most of Canada.

Got my copy today and I just wanna commend XSEED for an awesome job with this. They went all out with just about everything. I especially love the box that holds the game and the artbook. It's so damn gorgeous. Will be popping in the game as soon as I'm done eating. Can't wait.

jmizzal

For reference to everyone that pre-ordered and has been bumped or hasn't gotten notification yet, mine's shipped and I ordered mine end of March.

I ordered mine back in March from Amazon but mine has not shipped yet, but yet they have took the money out my bank account, if its not shipped by tomorrow i'm gonna call them.

jb1234

My copy from Amazon hasn't shipped yet... The site says that it's in stock but will require an extra 1-2 days to process. Not very helpful...

Chris R

DeepDiscount is showing as back ordered.

I bet they cancel the order before too long :| Knew I should have stuck with Amazon

yami4ct

I got the Amazon "delayed shipment" email today, yet only to get a shipping notice just a few hours later. Not sure what happened there. I won't have time to play it for a while, but sure glad I preordered and did get a copy. If it's anything like Xenoblade, it'll be a pain to find later.

I got the Amazon "delayed shipment" email today, yet only to get a shipping notice just a few hours later. Not sure what happened there. I won't have time to play it for a while, but sure glad I preordered and did get a copy. If it's anything like Xenoblade, it'll be a pain to find later.

I fell for this shit. Figured I wasn't going to get it for weeks to I ordered from another retailer. Then I saw that they got them in not 3 hours after I had cancelled my order.

Probably won't get the CD now...

Anybody knows where I can find that one screenshot of the Last story's first prototype version?

Thanks!

It was called Last World at first, search for that. Though even looking for ,,The Last Story beta'' should do the job...

Don't know if this has already been discussed but I went to Gamestop today hoping to grab my copy I've had per-ordred for months and the dude told me that no Gamestop in the country has them. Don't really believe him but there was nothing I could do so I picked up Darksiders twoooo.

AniHawk

duder said it'll be coming in tomorrow. sounds like they actually have a date for it (before it was some vague time of 'later this week')

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Thanks!
I think I found it?

4YcFD.jpg

VLC8S.jpg

lAAyq.jpg

MrNelson

Banned
So I checked GameStop today to see if they had received any copies today, and they said that they still had not arrived. I went to the Best Buy about a mile away and they had 6 or 7 copies sitting out on the shelf, so I snatched it up :3

I went back to the GameStop later to cancel my preorder. When I told the guy that I had picked it up from Best Buy already, he started going on about how they were "in breach of contract" and how "they were breaking the street date" (Note: this is not the same guy that I had talked to the other day. This guy is a douche normally whenever I've seen him working). I tried explaining to him that the game was indeed released, but he just said my preorder wasn't in the system and hurried me out of the store.

Hopefully I won't be charged that $5 fee they have for not picking up online preorders :/

So I checked GameStop today to see if they had received any copies today, and they said that they still had not arrived. I went to the Best Buy about a mile away and they had 6 or 7 copies sitting out on the shelf, so I snatched it up :3

I went back to the GameStop later to cancel my preorder. When I told the guy that I had picked it up from Best Buy already, he started going on about how they were "in breach of contract" and how "they were breaking the street date" (Note: this is not the same guy that I had talked to the other day. This guy is a douche normally whenever I've seen him working). I tried explaining to him that the game was indeed released, but he just said my preorder wasn't in the system and hurried me out of the store.

Hopefully I won't be charged that $5 fee they have for not picking up online preorders :/

Where are you located?

fmpanda

That's silly of the GS employee. Didn't TLS have an official release date of 8/14? I could understand selling the game before the 14th and being cross about that, but they really don't have any grounds to stand on. If they try to hit you with that fee, I would fight it until the cows come home.

MrNelson

Banned
That's silly of the GS employee. Didn't TLS have an official release date of 8/14? I could understand selling the game before the 14th and being cross about that, but they really don't have any grounds to stand on. If they try to hit you with that fee, I would fight it until the cows come home.

I mentioned in a previous post from after I tried to get it on the "official" release that the employee (the awesome one) showed me that there wasn't a street date listed for it in the system, so he couldn't really give me a definitive date for when it would be in. The guy I dealt with today is more like the stereotypical GS employee (never leaving you alone, trying to get you to buy used, GI subs) and took the no listed date as "not released".

I will fight it if they charge me though, no doubt about that.

jb1234

I complained to Amazon and they upgraded my shipping from super saver to standard. I wish it was two-day instead but I can't complain too much. They said that the fulfillment center the game was assigned to didn't have it in stock so they have to ship it from somewhere else.

Top Bottom