• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (US) |OT| One of Wii's epic last breaths.

Wtf? I got an email back from Amazon and they said its backordered so I won't get my copy for a while.

Is that true or just a normal Amazon response?

Local Best Buy has this in stock. Does anyone know if it includes the art book?

All copies in the initial run have the art book, so you're golden.

@Mattakuevan. If you don't want to wait that long then you could always check your local Best Buy or GameStop and get the game from there and then just cancel the Amazon order. They'll probably also give you the soundtrack.

Silkworm

Just checked newegg.com and my order has shipped. Yeah! Crap about not thinking to check Deepdiscount. Nice price of $29 but it doesn't indicate whether the pre-order bonuses are included (though since they probably have 1st shipments of the game they're probably included). Anyway my item has already shipped and it was only $10 more due to a newegg.com preorder coupon a couple weeks back so it's all good.

Ok I'm pissed I pre-ordered back on April 2nd..right when it was announced and it still hasn't shipped. Says it comes tomorrow...I can't wait to get an email telling me i'm fucked : |

I see everyone says there's shipped and I get more angry.

GRRRRRRRR

Cheska

Ok I'm pissed I pre-ordered back on April 2nd..right when it was announced and it still hasn't shipped. Says it comes tomorrow...I can't wait to get an email telling me i'm fucked : |

GRRRRRRRR

What shipping speed did you choose? I had to cancel my order from a few months ago and re-order a few days ago since they wouldn't allow me to use my credit and my game shipped earlier today..

I changed to one day shipping after I got amazon prime

EDIT I changed to two day just for shits and now it says August 29th :| :| :|

thats what I get from pre-ordering. Thanks amazon

EDIT AGAIN: Now it says August 21st...what is going on

3rd EDIT : Now August 20th....ok now they are fucking with me

EulaCapra

GRRRRRRRR
Mine from Amazon technically hasn't shipped yet. It still says delivery estimate on August 17th for two-day shipping and e-mail months back said August 17th was the target so I'm hopeful.

Pikma

Banned
My order was about to get shipped by Newegg at 3:00am yesterday, but got cancelled since I made an error with my order, I pre-ordered again but haven't received any info regarding my order. :(

Edit: I just ordered one copy from Amazon, just to be sure I get that artbook, if I end up having two LE, I'll just hold one for collection sake. :p

Sagitario

I completely forgot to pre-order this :\

Just ordered from Amazon. What are the chances of actually taking less than 3 weeks? I am going to USA in 2 weeks and it would be horrible to miss by a few days the package :(

Also, what's up with Mexico's flag in the OP? Has XSEED said anything about releasing it outside USA+Canada? With such a limited release, I doubt we will see the game here.

Phenomic

That would be such bullshit, I preordered it months ago.

Looks like I'll be going around to various stores tomorrow :\

My delivery estimate is still tomorrow, but mine still hasn't shipped either. I have not gotten an email though telling me it's on backorder. This whole week I've been less than impressed with Amazon and I'm considering the nature of how much business I do with them here I am left wondering if I should.

Everything seems to have to be a wild goose chase for me this week. I'm even paying the 3.99 to overnight it you would think they would want to fulfill my order at least for some extra cash compared to Super Saver.

Preorders are easy to fill you know exactly how many to get to fill preorders up until a certain date and the ones that come after a cut off date shouldn't be fulfilled if you have shortages.

Going to go throw down 5 bucks at a Gamestop when I go into work if this doesn't change this morning.

Welp.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order you placed on March 05, 2012. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"The Last Story"
New Delivery Estimate: August 22, 2012

Thanks, Amazon. Now what the fuck do I do?

Phenomic

Welp.

Thanks, Amazon. Now what the fuck do I do?

Just got the same Email. It's like they just picked and chose randomly got who copies and decided to delay everyone else. Haven't been into Gamestop in forever, but apparently someones about to earn some of my money.

I feel like Seinfeld with the rental car.

IrishNinja

yeah, id cancel my best buy order but i used a store credit card and tossed it, so i dont have the code now...gonna contact customer support monday if there's no update and see what my options are. never again.

What in the hell at this email they sent me when I sent them an email about all this...

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in this case. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

I've checked your order and can confirm " The Last Story" was showing an estimate of "Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks" on its item detail page on our website.

Our shipping estimates--such as "Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks"--take into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, package it, and prepare it for shipment.

You can also visit our online Help pages for more information:

http://www.amazon.com/help/shipping/availability

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to One day shipping at no extra charge.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the "Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite)". As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

Not only did they not bother answering any question I had, but... Where the hell did the kindle light come from?

tuffy

Amazon shipping my copy late last night. If other orders are getting delayed, it may mean that the title's selling better than Xseed had anticipated.

Yeah, my ordered changed to shipping soon overnight too. Delivery estimate: August 17. As long as it gets here before the weekend I'll be happy!

Yeah, my ordered changed to shipping soon overnight too. Delivery estimate: August 17. As long as it gets here before the weekend I'll be happy!

I have the same status, along with an email from Amazon apologizing for the delay.

Checking my bank account, it looks like Amazon charged me as well, so I'm guessing I actually will get it tomorrow.

Edit: Just got my shipping confirmation! Links like I actually will be playing this tomorrow.

Just finished the game and enjoyed it. 25 hours and it's been a long while since I've played an RPG. I need to sleep on what I think overall of the game because despite it being awesome, there were a few flaws here and there I noticed.

Anyone know if there's anything cool or neat about finishing the game a 2nd time?

August 22nd notice from Amazon here. Ah well, I can wait. Gives me a couple of days to break in my XL. I just better get my first run bonuses or I'm gonna be pissed.

I preordered from Amazon in April, just shipped at noon today, expected delivery of Monday, August 20th. Ugh I want it nowwwwww but I suppose I will survive = D

Ryn

Just got my copy from Best Buy. Must've been the first one because when I walked in after calling ahead a whole 5 minutes, they said they had it..but when I went in they couldn't find it. And after a couple more minutes they said it -just- came off the truck and was chillin' in the warehouse.

Edit:

oEXlr.jpg

:D

OnPoint

I forgot all about this one coming out this week. Heck.

Does the game come with the soundtrack by default, or was that a preorder bonus only?

Volcynika

Does the game come with the soundtrack by default, or was that a preorder bonus only?

I would have to check but I think it's all of the first print run.

EDIT: That's just for the special outer cover / art book.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

I thought that was only at Gamestop or something?

Either way, it's only got something like 7 tracks, so it's a throwaway, pretty much.

Top Bottom