• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Added in some fanservice where it wasn't needed, character portraits and the music.

I saw an image of the girls in swim suits on someone's Trails FC evo playthough as their cover image but quickly skimming the video I didn't see anything different besides the graphics and va. Do you know of any specific examples of new pointless fan service?

Is quest-timer tied to the in-game clock or main quest progression?

Main quest progression

I saw an image of the girls in swim suits on someone's Trails FC evo playthough as their cover image but quickly skimming the video I didn't see anything different besides the graphics and va. Do you know of any specific examples of new pointless fan service?

I'm honestly not sure with TiTS Evo, I've just heard multiple times that it was a complaint with Zero/Ao Evo. It wouldn't surprise me though if the hot springs scene had something in both FC and SC Evo.

TR_

321.png

Here's some fanservice.

Suen

Not related to SC but is there any difference between the Steam version and PSP version of the first game? I bought the limited edition of the first game on PSP but I'm now thinking of buying it on Steam just to have the collection on PC (plus they were originally released on PC anyway) and just keep the PSP one sealed. I don't even know if the PSP one was just a straight port of the one from 2004.

Not related to SC but is there any difference between the Steam version and PSP version of the first game? I bought the limited edition of the first game on PSP but I'm now thinking of buying it on Steam just to have the collection on PC (plus they were originally released on PC anyway) and just keep the PSP one sealed. I don't even know if the PSP one was just a straight port of the one from 2004.
The Steam version has higher definition graphics, has all PSP features backported in, and can and has had its script tweaked to fit with SC and the other games in the series better; same benefits to playing SC on Steam instead of PSP. The PSP versions of both games are still a fine experience if portability is the most desired factor, but the script tweaks to both games can't be made because they are PSP games in 2015.

duckroll

Finished Chapter 2. Less interesting than chapter 1, but some of the guild quests were pretty great. The entire earthquake plot was pretty predictable from the start, so it wasn't until the very end where there was anything of actual interest. The post-chapter 2 cutscene with Cassius was really awesome though. :)

I'm kinda worried about the party system now that SC actually has one. In FC the game picked your partners for you until the very end, and whenever people left the party and rejoined later they would have new gear and bumped up levels. Now it seems that I'll actually have to manage who I want to use in the party and whatever I equip on them doesn't get removed automatically when they're removed from the party. Not sure if I like that. Do non-active party members gain exp at all?

Suen

The Steam version has higher definition graphics, has all PSP features backported in, and can and has had its script tweaked to fit with SC and the other games in the series better; same benefits to playing SC on Steam instead of PSP. The PSP versions of both games are still a fine experience if portability is the most desired factor, but the script tweaks to both games can't be made because they are PSP games in 2015.
Thanks, think I will just get it then.

Finished Chapter 2. Less interesting than chapter 1, but some of the guild quests were pretty great. The entire earthquake plot was pretty predictable from the start, so it wasn't until the very end where there was anything of actual interest. The post-chapter 2 cutscene with Cassius was really awesome though. :)

I'm kinda worried about the party system now that SC actually has one. In FC the game picked your partners for you until the very end, and whenever people left the party and rejoined later they would have new gear and bumped up levels. Now it seems that I'll actually have to manage who I want to use in the party and whatever I equip on them doesn't get removed automatically when they're removed from the party. Not sure if I like that. Do non-active party members gain exp at all?

No, xp scaling kind of makes it irrelevant though from my experience, hell one shiny pom fight in the next chapter might surge under leveled characters past Estelle due to the wonky scale mechanics

max_505

Chapter 4 in the books.

The identity of the enforcer was obvious the whole way through, so it just makes Scherazard seem a bit reckless since she never even said anything. Still, everyone seems to be picking up a counterpart in Ouroborous. I guess Agate and Kloe need to pick up some rivals pretty soon.

The dream sequence from Estelle after the boss fight was really excellent, especially when you get to the harmonica moment. That was really just a perfectly executed moment. It reminded me a bit of Chapter 6 from Mother 3.

This game is really executing on the story front. Everything has been wonderful so far.

I love that scene. Shed a tear or two there. *sniff* Estelle's really matured over the course of FC and SC.

duckroll

No, xp scaling kind of makes it irrelevant though from my experience, hell one shiny pom fight in the next chapter might surge under leveled characters past Estelle due to the wonky scale mechanics

Hmmm, that's a good point. I remember when Tita joined in ch2, she was only lvl40 while everyone else was almost lvl50, but after I threw a few meatballs at two shiny poms along the way, everyone more or less balanced out in levels.

Hmmm, that's a good point. I remember when Tita joined in ch2, she was only lvl40 while everyone else was almost lvl50, but after I threw a few meatballs at two shiny poms along the way, everyone more or less balanced out in levels.

Deequipping characters and doing the party shuffle in a new town to get all the new equipment does kind of suck though and I wish the rest of the team showed up in the menu tales style.

wrowa

What annoys me most is the requirement to keep the partner you had to chose at the beginning in your party at all times. I just want to kick Schera out of my party, I've got no use for her. >_>

Tenebrous

#TeamAgate

that guy is a killing machine

Wild Rage > S-Break got me through the entire game. With action & strength quartz, propped up by Estelle's healing, absolutely nothing was remotely challenging apart from two fights.
The first Renne fight and the Worms in chapter 8/9 - Those I couldn't kill.

Put a little Kämpfer on that combo and WOOHOO.

Deequipping characters and doing the party shuffle in a new town to get all the new equipment does kind of suck though and I wish the rest of the team showed up in the menu tales style.

Yeah, that's kinda clunky, plus the fact you specifically can't dabble in their orbments and gear before selecting the party at the start of a chapter hammers it home.

What annoys me most is the requirement to keep the partner you had to chose at the beginning in your party at all times. I just want to kick Schera out of my party, I've got no use for her. >_>

I had her set up as a nuking/AT boosting machine. Good times.

Heaven's Kiss can be abused big-time if you ensure she has great movement and ways to keep her CP up. What she lacks in range (unlike Agate) she can make up for elsewhere (especially with Duende Slippers).

I've been a cautious player so far and tend to neglect Wild Rage despite partnering with Agate from the start. But the game throws so many healing items at you that just throwing Teara Balms at him in-between fights makes the Craft way too useful. Agate usually has low defense vs. Estelle or even Schera, though, and I don't equip him with comprehensive accessories (not being able to use
Mischa's present
for an accessory is a missed story opportunity).

Yeah I find it annoying that Agate/Schera is forced in your party at least though chapter 3 where I am and of course I've already heard (late game spoilers)
Once Joshua rejoins he's always forced
I like having more freedom in my party choices I just wish they had gone all the way. I can get story wise why they may not want the player to have a party of Estelle and 3 non bracers but I find it silly that you can't at least switch out 1 bracer for another bracer now that chapter 3 spoilers
I have Zane now there's really no reason why I shouldn't be able to use him instead of Agate it makes it hard to want to use Zane as they kind of cover the same areas in combat

duckroll

Yeah I feel that forcing the partner is sort of a half-assed method of limiting the party system. Not that it bothers me much, because Schera is a good match for my Estelle playstyle. I wish party sizes were bigger though. The cast is getting huge and 4 characters isn't enough. 6 would have been perfect.

Anyway, I finished up the Zeiss stuff at the start of chapter 3, and the bonus guild quest was hilarious. The effort put into making optional content fun and unique and not just grindy stuff is really appreciated. It really hit me on the airship ride to Grancel how tight the world design is. Talking to each passenger, recognizing all the named NPCs, seeing how naturally the party dialogue flows and how they develop relationships and flesh out characters effortlessly. Mmmmm. I think during chapter 2, I enjoyed following the Muriel NPC subplot more than the actual main story events.
It was so cute how she finally got off her ass to work at the Central Factory, and at first I thought she was doing it because she was interested in a particular guy, but in the end it turns out she's just trying to find a nice guy and was following bad advice from her superior. Loooool.

duckroll

CH2,
gambler
side quest.

Anyone has the solution?
I suck at poker.
:C

It's quite easy, if you just listen to the cues your party members give you. It's not really poker so much as a RPG event version of a simulated poker match. If it looks like the guy has a bad hand, play it safe. If the guy has a great hand and your cards aren't looking good, just fold.

Ultimadrago

So I just found out that Anelace is
only playable twice in the game (in terms of chapters)

I am not amused! Definitely one of my favorite Senior Bracers, so that news sucks.

CH2,
gambler
side quest.

Anyone has the solution?
I suck at poker.
:C

It depends upon who is your main bracer party member (Agate or Schera) the event plays out different depending upon who you have though basically what your allies say before each round is a hint at what you're supposed to do.

For Agate's side you're supposed to
win with Agate by bluffing, fold with Olivier, trade your hold hand with Estelle

I believe for Schera's side
Estelle has to win her first hand, Olivier still has to fold, and the Schera cheats on the last hand to win

So I just found out that Anelace is .

I am not amused! Definitely one of my favorite Senior Bracers, so that news sucks.

Know that feel bro, at least in TC
she's fully playable

I'm currently at the beginning of the final chapter of FC. Can't wait to jump straight into SC right after that. I played the PSP version of FC years ago but only remembered some major plot points, so replaying the PC version was pretty much necessary.

Psxphile

Guys...did Kaempfer get nerfed? I think it did damage in the first game but it doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Same. I was certain it did X amount of damage on top of lowering status in FC, but now it just lowers status (even after it upgrades). Still useful, but not quite so.

Heaven's Kiss can be abused big-time if you ensure she has great movement and ways to keep her CP up. What she lacks in range (unlike Agate) she can make up for elsewhere (especially with Duende Slippers).

Agreed, Heaven's Kiss is pretty damn awesome when used correctly. Great ability for set ups and for getting out of a potential rough spot.

Finalow

Guys...did Kaempfer get nerfed? I think it did damage in the first game but it doesn't seem to do it anymore.
the damage was close to nothing anyway.

the real big nerf comes from the effect of the skill, in FC it was -50% in both STR and DEF, here it's -20% and -30%, so Kloe isn't as OP as she was in FC but still pretty useful.

Added in some fanservice where it wasn't needed, character portraits and the music.
honestly I'd still play them just because they look very good from what I've seen, and have full VA.

zakujanai

#TeamAgate

that guy is a killing machine

Yup! He has all the useful skills too.

I think you need to try using Zane a bit more. Once he learns True Distend he's an absolute behemoth. I'd been using Agate up to that point and thought he was invaluable with Draguna and Flame Smash but I can't go back from Zane.

Well, I might use Agate if I ever get to go to Ravennue. Hoping for a special scene there involving
his sister's grave

Crap, seems my savefile didn't upload to the steamcloud, so I've lost several hours of progress of FC... Do you miss anything if you don't talk to every NPC after story events (like extra dialog in SC or something)? I don't want to repeat all those hours and just rush it untill I catch up.

the damage was close to nothing anyway.

the real big nerf comes from the effect of the skill, in FC it was -50% in both STR and DEF, here it's -20% and -30%, so Kloe isn't as OP as she was in FC but still pretty useful.

The damage was sort of important for CP because you add a Gladiator's Headband (I think, I'd have to load up FC to check the actual setup) and she can basically use it indefinitely. Then the paltry damage would actually add up because she's contributing to damage on top of the debuff.

So uh in chapter 3 when you cut to
the other two bracers and meet campanella
is the latter supposed to be invisible, off screen, or did he just not load properly for me?

So uh in chapter 3 when you cut to
the other two bracers and meet campanella
is the latter supposed to be invisible, off screen, or did he just not load properly for me?
Apparently that's a bug. However, that seems like something
Campanella
can and would do. You don't interact with him too often until late-game I think.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the whole scene bugged out, after thay the body armor was floating in place when the camera moved, then
kevin.....
randomly popped into the screen from nowhere

I think the "floating" was more due to the nature of 2D sprites in a 3D environment. Maybe they were bugged too though since most of the sprites don't have that problem when the camera moves.

flowsnake

Popping in and out of nowhere happens a lot and I assume that's because they disappear/appear at where the edge of the screen would be if you were playing in 4:3.

In the scene in chapter 3 where
Estelle gets attacked by flying robots on the wall and they fly offscreen, you can see that they just stop in midair outside of the 4:3 frame.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Popping in and out of nowhere happens a lot and I assume that's because they disappear/appear at where the edge of the screen would be if you were playing in 4:3.

In the scene in chapter 3 where
Estelle gets attacked by flying robots on the wall and they fly offscreen, you can see that they just stop in midair outside of the 4:3 frame.

A lot of that will probably be tweaked over time. Not sure what goes into fixing that kind of stuff to work properly in 16:9.

There seems to be more issues with that the further you get into the game, but it's all minor stuff.

Argh you're still forced to use the person you picked in chapter 1 even after the other finally joins you :[ I like Agate but come on I don't want to ALWAYS have him in my party.

Vylash

bleh, encountered an annoying bug in chapter 6
after Joshua joins, whenever i try to approach the red things on the floor he freezes in place and i have to load an autosave to get out of it, not sure if i can get to the hangar without dealing with that

edit: managed to get out

Crap, seems my savefile didn't upload to the steamcloud, so I've lost several hours of progress of FC... Do you miss anything if you don't talk to every NPC after story events (like extra dialog in SC or something)? I don't want to repeat all those hours and just rush it untill I catch up.

I don't think you'll miss anything.
The game remembers sidequests you did but just talking to npc's is irrelevant afaik.

Nyoro SF

Just finished Chapter 7.

I'm having loads of fun with this game, trying out some new stuff and really enjoying the story. I like how Estelle made a meta comment before entering
the tower, regarding whether it would be a straight line like the last one... lol

The battles
against the Enforcers... well, Luci was the most challenging one because I foolishly didn't equip Estelle properly. Everyone else was just waaaay too easy. The big monsters on the roads posed more of a challenge. Usually using Clock Down on a boss made the fight a complete cakewalk. Not to mention that the items you picked up in dungeons gave you big hints for what the boss effects were going to be. For example I equipped Anti-Petrify items against Renne because the dungeon obviously suggested it and it worked out, thanks Zelda games.

Not sure why they made Clock Down so strong. It lasts for eons, makes it so you can take almost three waves of turns before the boss can do anything. Why nerf Kaempfer so hard and then give me Clock Down? Guess I shouldn't complain because as people demonstrated, there are a lot of ways to break this game. :p

I will mention the fight against Renne's mech was also a big disappointment. What kind of giant robot can only attack one character at a time?

Might sound like I'm complaining a lot but I did enjoy strategizing the fights. I wish that Falcom would've made more "custom" setups like
with Renne starting the fight with an S-Craft and jumping into her robot is a really cool switch-em-up that the other bosses could've sorely used. Especially Walter.

Funny enough, Kaempfer 2 is perfect for keeping tabs on
Blueblanc when he's shadow-copying
. The Chapter 7 boss fights are mostly easy, but I still have the impression these guys are holding back for later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I realized even if the graphics look obviously dated, it's still charming since it really resembles a decent looking PSone game.

After SC, I might be getting a LoH itch. Would you guys recommend the Gagharv trilogy for the PSP?

Eusis

I realized even if the graphics look obviously dated, it's still charming since it really resembles a decent looking PSone game.

After SC, I might be getting a LoH itch. Would you guys recommend the Gagharv trilogy for the PSP?
I wish we could, but the localization quality puts a huge damper on things.

Although, I believe the third one had a semi competent localization, so that may be worthwhile.

Top Bottom