• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Cornbread78

There's a way to cheese the fight:

Send Jusis to the farer away dog. Position Rean behind the other dog so he basically has both of them before him. Now use his Arc Slash to delay both of the dogs and have Jusis use Rapid Thrust to delay the other one. This way you have a decent chance that they only get one or two turns in the entire battle.
Focus with the other two characters on one boss and have Machias use Break Shot to lower their defense. If you have Impassion cast it on Rean and Jusis.

I tried this, but he still uses the "Double cracker" and kills Rean, so he continually misses a turn.,, @$@^$& $

Psxphile

I tried this, but he still uses the "Double cracker" and kills Rean, so he continually misses a turn.,, @$@^$& $

Make sure you concentrate on Doven R first, since it has the ability to buff. Also I found this on gamefaqs:

Start the battle with Machias, Jusis, Rean, Fie..
Use motivate + S-craft to bring one down quickly...
Change Jusis for Emma.
Use Emma craft to supply CP then use Rean's Arc Slash to delay them...
Use Machias as backup healer if the main can't catch up with the damage, otherwise use his craft to bring one dog's defense down.
Focus on one dog first..
I use Jusis and Emma with Breath and Thelas equipped as main healer, and move them away from the dogs and your attacker so the dogs will ignore them..
As far as I know they don't have area attack..

That's how I win the battle on nightmare in my first playthrough...

Cornbread78

Make sure you concentrate on Doven R first, since it has the ability to buff. Also I found this on gamefaqs:

Thank you!

I almost threw my Vita across the office in disgust, so I took a break to watch more Katanagatari. I might try again later, but this really should be so friggen' difficult at this point in the game. If I can't figure it out by tomorrow, I might just delete the game and move on to another one of the 100 games I have in backlog...

Yu Narukami

Damn,got spoiled from google. I only started playing this yesterday and managed to stay spoiler-free during months. I wanted to check how you get the Vermillion MQ and google spoiled me about something from the sequel. It was right on the front page.

Stuart444

Damn,got spoiled from google. I only started playing this yesterday and managed to stay spoiler-free during months. I wanted to check how you get the Vermillion MQ and google spoiled me about something from the sequel. It was right on the front page.

Damn :(

Probably should have asked here to avoid stuff like that. :/ sorry you got spoiled though.

preta

I know the feeling. I got spoiled on a major twist in Ao in pretty much the same way. The details were different from what I was expecting, though, so hopefully the same will be true in your case.

Gu4n

I doubt it's anything to be worried about, but, like Stuart said, it's safest to ask here instead. The Trails fandom is one of the kindest I know, so everyone would be glad to help you.

Jolkien

I've reached the final chapter. But I don't want the game to end :( I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

End of chapter 6.
I was not thinking the Liberation Front would be beaten right there. I really wonder who fired that sniper rifle. And holy crap Sharon looks strong, can't believe she one shotted one of those archaism.

aravuus

Damn son

I'm just posting so we get to the next page faster and I have a smaller chance of accidentally clicking the tags here

Psxphile

I get spoiled on shit all the time (mostly on purpose) but it's never stopped me from enjoying a good story. Something to look forward to, you know? I have absolutely no problem watching japanese game trailers, they're always spoiling the good bits. Worth it for the hype boost.

pbayne

Sice i finished the game i just checked out the opening for 2. Yo my excitement needle just went through the roof. Lol don't look if you haven't beaten the first game though.

CS2 spoilers
Those character design changes! And it looks like the story will just be an all-out war. It even looks like Machias and Eliot are something like guerilla or resistance fighters or something like that. Plus it looks like some side characters like Claire or Sharon might be playable, that would be dope as hell

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Uh, yeah. This is why we don't talk about Cold Steel II in a Cold Steel I thread.
It should be ban worthy. No offense to the people who posted them, but I can't believe I had that spoiled. I also

COLD STEEL

TWO

AS IN THE NEXT GAME

SPOILERS!!!

NOT THIS ONE

had Rean's true father being Osborne spoiled.

I realize I just contradicted myself but I was trying to make a point with how badly I've accidentally spoiled myself in here, lol.

Gu4n

While neither of the two spoilers mentioned on this page came as a real surprise to me, this second one I'd been calling since mid-Cold Steel. There's still plenty of surprises to look forward to, so don't feel too bad.

Cornbread78

Seriously guys ... why cold steel 2 spoilers here ? That's really mean and stupid.

Can't bellieve i clicked it

5vuQVk1.gif

I'm steering clear, then again, I'm stalled in this game right now anyhow, but guys, c'mon be nice, love peace and all of that.

Shahed

I still haven't watched any trailers for Cold Steel II to avoid spoilers. The only thing I've seen related to the sequel is the new outfits which are a big plus!

From the sounds of it those are big spoilers...

aravuus

The only thing I know about CS2 is the amount of numbered chapters because I had to check if there was already a guide on PSNProfiles, and I happened to glance at the contents. That's all. Haven't read anything else, watched the trailers, nothing.

Only a couple of months go y'all!

I was really hoping CS2 would be out sooner rather then later and while I know they've said they don't want to give a date because they think the series is cursed because of SC the more time that passes that we don't get a date just makes me think that it'll be coming out later in the fall rather then sooner.

Was really hoping for an August/Early September release so it would avoid FF15 entirely (not that I personally care mind you, given the choice between CS2, FF15, and Persona 5 on the same day I would play CS2 first) since it'll get squashed in terms of publicity, sales, and attention but it seems that isn't likely to happen anymore and I'm guessing it'll be a mid October release.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
After putting it down for a little bit, I was able to get up to Chapter 6 and the game really started to pick up.

Waiting for CSII but September is a crazy month. (For me anyway, SMTIVF and Forza Horizon 3 coming out that month too) I'll probably delay the start of II for a little though.

Saphirax

I was really hoping CS2 would be out sooner rather then later and while I know they've said they don't want to give a date because they think the series is cursed because of SC the more time that passes that we don't get a date just makes me think that it'll be coming out later in the fall rather then sooner.

Was really hoping for an August/Early September release so it would avoid FF15 entirely (not that I personally care mind you, given the choice between CS2, FF15, and Persona 5 on the same day I would play CS2 first) since it'll get squashed in terms of publicity, sales, and attention but it seems that isn't likely to happen anymore and I'm guessing it'll be a mid October release.

It'll probably be released in October since the EU release date is November.

Cqef

So people basically clicked on the spoiler tag even though the guy said it was a CSII spoiler before said tag.

learn2read and stop accusing other people of your own foolishness children.

So people basically clicked on the spoiler tag even though the guy said it was a CSII spoiler before said tag.

It was said early on in this thread that no CS2 spoilers should be posted because people got upset. Some of the spoilers posted recently are pretty damn massive and shouldn't even be mentioned in a thread about the first game.

Cornbread78

Yea know, Fu(k this game, I'm done. This is fu(king stupid.

Every time I even get close to killing these stupid fu(king
dogs,
they get some ass-pull bonus that either gives them almost full heath, or a double attack killing the one person I have left with any CP,. I've tried cheese, I've tried strategy, my characters are all at lv. 21, there is no need for this. $ %#$%@$^#^%^&#

Saphirax

dogs,
they get some ass-pull bonus that either gives them almost full heath, or a double attack killing the one person I have left with any CP,. I've tried cheese, I've tried strategy, my characters are all at lv. 21, there is no need for this. $ %#$%@$^#^%^&#

The game is really good though, it'd be a shame to give up so early. Why don't you just start over on normal and fastforward until the end of ch 2?

Jolkien

dogs,

Even if you lower the difficulty when you die ? I never used the feature so I'm not sure if you can lower the difficulty multiple time. I had no problem whatsoever with that fight I wish I could help you but everything had been said I don't have another tips to give you I think I was level 22 for this fight but I'm sure one level won't make or break the encounter. There's way harder fight in the game than this.

Saphirax

Even if you lower the difficulty when you die ? I never used the feature so I'm not sure if you can lower the difficulty multiple time. I had no problem whatsoever with that fight I wish I could help you but everything had been said I don't have another tips to give you I think I was level 22 for this fight but I'm sure one level won't make or break the encounter. There's way harder fight in the game than this.

Don't think you can weaken enemies on Hard/Nightmare.

Nyoro SF

dogs,

Sorry my friend, I am super baffled. I thought that fight was ridiculously easy. Hope you can figure out what to do next.

Lusankya

Yeah, played on hard and all boss fights up until the last one in chapter 6 are super easy in my opinion. Maybe it'll help to watch a video on youtube where somebody beat the boss in question, should give you a few pointers on what to do.

Cornbread78

The game is really good though, it'd be a shame to give up so early. Why don't you just start over on normal and fastforward until the end of ch 2?

Sorry my friend, I am super baffled. I thought that fight was ridiculously easy. Hope you can figure out what to do next.

Yeah, played on hard and all boss fights up until the last one in chapter 6 are super easy. Are you sure you are understanding the basic mechanics?

I have no idea WTF keeps going wrong, but the AI just takes off at certain points in the battle and completely takes over the fight with insta-deaths and reheals...

Psxphile

Something must be lacking in equipment. Level 21 should be totally doable for that boss. You probably don't have access to La Crest yet but even just casting Crest on Rean/Fie/Jusis one at a time would probably help keep them alive. Fie should be able to cast Chrono Drive to speed up the party, and it should be the first thing you do in the fight.

Also if you have the ingredients you might try to cook up some foods that will give you stat bonuses for a little more of an edge.

Oh, and maybe save S-Crafts/Breaks for when a Critical/Strength+10% comes up and/or steal them (and healing turns) from the enemy, if you're not already doing that. It's tough though, since if a party member bites it you lose all that built up CP. I know only too well.

I'm hoping to beat this game before september when the sequel comes out. Right now, I'm in
Chapter 4 doing stuff for Machias father. I just did the fight between Fie and Laura for the girls back history.
I'm about 38 hours in. Any idea how much more game I have?

I'm hoping to beat this game before september when the sequel comes out. Right now, I'm in
Chapter 4 doing stuff for Machias father. I just did the fight between Fie and Laura for the girls back history.
I'm about 38 hours in. Any idea how much more game I have?

30 hours. The story tends to get longer in each chapter.

Cornbread78

Something must be lacking in equipment. Level 21 should be totally doable for that boss. You probably don't have access to La Crest yet but even just casting Crest on Rean/Fie/Jusis one at a time would probably help keep them alive. Fie should be able to cast Chrono Drive to speed up the party, and it should be the first thing you do in the fight.

Also if you have the ingredients you might try to cook up some foods that will give you stat bonuses for a little more of an edge.

Oh, and maybe save S-Crafts/Breaks for when a Critical/Strength+10% comes up and/or steal them (and healing turns) from the enemy, if you're not already doing that. It's tough though, since if a party member bites it you lose all that built up CP. I know only too well.

I have no idea, I might give it another shot later, but 20 mins each try is getting annoying as hell.

Squire

Banned
My go-to's at this point are Motivate, Chrono Drive, Resounding Beat, and probably Impassion to speed up someone's CP gain.

Anyway, I finished chapter 4 last night. Excellent chapter. Very well paced. Probably my favorite so far.

Spoilers things:

I just want a yes/no answer on this, if someone could: So...
Should I reserve judgement on the Rean/Elise stuff? It sure seams like they're getting at her behind in love with him. I'm assuming the justification is she's the blood heir to the Schwarzer's and he is not, so they're not actually related.
I'm pretty sure C
is Crow. I saw the character designs for CS2 weeks ago, so yeah. That was a mistake. Also, the game is in full-on misdirect mode trying to make the player think Millium is threat meanwhile all Ream can say about Crow is that he's a great guy with a mild gambling problem.

Whatever though. Looking forward to the specifics of the reveal and the motivations of those involved.

The sequel to this game is already my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

Learn2read is such bullshit here.
Learn2 respect thread rules of not posting spoilers for sequels

I can't believe i have to say this .. common sense 's first. What happenned here was something for Private messaging , not in this thread.

Defending what happenned here make you look stupid

omgfloofy

Banned
So.... CS2 spoilers are okay when people are complaining about a certain CS2 character's design (which happened for several pages in this thread waaaaay waaaaaay back), but not okay now? lol

Psxphile

Anything is deemed allowable if they have an axe to grind.

Pretty sure Aeana and others made it implicitly known from the beginning that spoilers of any kind, whether from a current or future game in the series, should only be discussed under properly-marked spoiler tags. And considering the subject matter in both CS 1 & 2, it was only a matter of time before someone brought up reservations about what they would consider to be problematic character design, plot points, etc. As often occurs with localized games from Japan these days.

Honestly, people just can't keep themselves from talking about the sequel or other games in the series not yet available in English. Especially if they're deeply invested. Even I'm guilty of that sometimes. And hey, that's fine. It happens. I guess it'd be different if the sequel wasn't already out in Japan for like 2 years now. But we have a community thread for series discussion, and people need to realize that's where this stuff goes and let CS1 players have this thread for themselves.

Glory freaking be! F-off you stupid
dogs
and burn in hell eternally!

Chapter 2 done! "S" Rank... uugh
Congratulations. May I ask what clenched it for you? Or did you just get lucky?

Also, what's wrong with S Rank? That's a good thing... isn't it?

Cornbread78

Congratulations. May I ask what clenched it for you? Or did you just get lucky?

Also, what's wrong with S Rank? That's a good thing... isn't it?

Meant that more of a "phew", lol

I just got lucky that my cancels actually worked and the double attack didn't kill Jusis or Machius this time around. I basically just kept everyone in the middle buffing/healing with Rean on the outside using his line attack to cancel both enemies continually.

Shahed

You did really well Rean!

I swear that's the only time Towa is annoying. Her voice just grates on that line

Meant that more of a "phew", lol

I just got lucky that my cancels actually worked and the double attack didn't kill Jusis or Machius this time around. I basically just kept everyone in the middle buffing/healing with Rean on the outside using his line attack to cancel both enemies continually.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I'd love to see a video of how you play during a boss fight, if only to see where you struggle. Like the other people before me have said, I found that fight easy (well the whole game really but I played on Normal) and seeing it play out we could give more specific advice instead of generic stuff. Admittedly hard on Vita I know.

Just flicked through both of these videos. How come none of them maintain that Detect craft Elliot and Emma have? It's so useful for breaking enemies for easily for combo attacks

Top Bottom