• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

So.... CS2 spoilers are okay when people are complaining about a certain CS2 character's design (which happened for several pages in this thread waaaaay waaaaaay back), but not okay now? lol

I really don't like being spoiled the death of characters in a sequel i haven't played.

Being told "oh their costumes have changed" is a minor problem... The fate of characters in the lore is.

Again ... common sense is a key point here... Not every spoiler has the same value...
even so when it's a spoiler to THE VERY END of CS2.

Is that so laughable ? I don't think so ..i mean goddamit , we have people here still playing the game at chapter 2 ( 3 now ). Come on

jdkluv

I really don't like being spoiled the death of characters in a sequel i haven't played.

Being told "oh their costumes have changed" is a minor problem... The fate and death of characters in the lore is.

Again ... common sense is a key point here... Not every spoiler has the same value...
even so when it's a spoiler to THE VERY END of CS2.

Is that so laughable ? I don't think so ..i mean goddamit , we have people here still playing the game at chapter 2 ( 3 now ). Come on

That post has a spoiler tag for a game you have yet to play? Click it anyway, bro.

Seriously though, why would you even click a spoiler tag for a game you haven't played and intend to play eventually? Spoiler tags are used for information that could/would spoil a game/book/movie/whatever for you. Hence, the name spoiler tag. If the post is about something you haven't played/read/watched and you don't wanna get spoiled, just don't click it. Simple, right?

An intelligent argument against the general use of spoiler tags has yet to be made in this thread.

Shahed

That post has a spoiler tag for a game you have yet to play? Click it anyway, bro.

Seriously though, why would you even click a spoiler tag for a game you haven't played and intend to play eventually? Spoiler tags are used for information that could/would spoil a game/book/movie/whatever for you. Hence, the name spoiler tag. If the post is about something you haven't played/read/watched and you don't wanna get spoiled, just don't click it. Simple, right?

An intelligent argument against the general use of spoiler tags has yet to be made in this thread.
Say I'm in a thread about a game I've already completed. I know what happens already so I can't be spoiled. When you're in the thread and want to follow the discussion you can usually pretty much click on all the spoiler tags since they should be safe. It kind of becomes instinctive to click on them as you scroll down in order to not slow down or interrupt your reading when you get to that point..

So a sudden spoiler about something else not specific to the thread itself can catch people off guard. It didn't happen to me, but it clearly happened to others.

jdkluv

Say I'm in a thread about a game I've already completed. I know what happens already so I can't be spoiled. When you're in the thread and want to follow the discussion you can usually pretty much click on all the spoiler tags since they should be safe. It kind of becomes instinctive to click on them as you scroll down in order to not slow down or interrupt your reading when you get to that point..

So a sudden spoiler about something else not specific to the thread itself can catch people off guard. It didn't happen to me, but it clearly happened to others.

Spoiler tag for games other than the one of the thread are against the rules

Here's the argument .. have fun refuting that

People have been posting tagged spoilers from CS2 and even from the 3rd, Zero and Ao in this thread since 2015 and with zero issues until now, so that's already a moot point.

People have been posting tagged spoilers from CS2 and even from the 3rd, Zero and Ao in this thread since 2015 and with zero issues until now, so that's already a moot point.

Nobody posted the end of CS2 in this thread ( until that point )..so stop your whinning already..

i repeat for those who don't understand that was the END OF CS2 ..big spoilers

so YES i'm freaking angry

Pointless. Spoiler are spoilers regardless of how big they are, and Gu4n even pointed out it was a big deal.

OK it's now clear that you've no indication on how an healty community / discussion work .. so i'll just say ( for the record ) that your attitude is despicable and ignorant

Why do i even have to explain that spoiler for the end of the sequel have no place in a thread discussing the first game When there is a dedicated kiseki thread for those kind of things.

But yeah i'm whinning, your contribution certainly HELPS

jdkluv

Why do i even have to explain that spoiler for the end of the sequel have no place in a thread discussing the first game When there is a dedicated kiseki thread for those kind of things.

User likely didn't know about the Kiseki/Trails Community Thread and thought this would be the best thread for it. All he did was simply mention the spoiler in a spoiler tag, alerting it was a CS2 spoiler and after being told to ask here.

OK it's now clear that you've no indication on how an healty community / discussion work .. so i'll just say ( for the record ) that your attitude is despicable and ignorant

But yeah i'm whinning, your contribution certainly HELPS

I'm not the one throwing petty insults, writing in CAPS and asking for ban threats here just because I'm not adult enough to acknowledge that I goofed, though.

The hypocrisy here is staggering.

i never asked for bans. who asked for bans ? where is this "ban" argument comming from ?

You're the one having difficulties understanding why some would be angry at being spoiled in the wrong thread and saying "what's the issue" ? it's crystal clear for everyone else

I got on the last chapter earlier this year and stopped playing since. I will wait for like a week before the release of CS2 then I'll continue playing since I heard that the cliffhanger for this game is much worse than trails in the sky 1.

The spoilers were unfortunate, but can't really do anything about it now you guys.

No need to get combative. We're all friends here I hope. lol

I feel the same way .. it's a shame and really unfortunate and that's all i'm saying. Hopefully i'll be able to forget in december 2016

It's still december , right ?

I got on the last chapter earlier this year and stopped playing since. I will wait for like a week before the release of CS2 then I'll continue playing since I heard that the cliffhanger for this game is much worse than trails in the sky 1.

The wait is good though. Both games have a decent chunk of time pass inbetween games. I like filling that space with real world time too.

Makes it all the more satisfying when you play the sequel and meet the characters again

I feel the same way .. it's a shame and really unfortunate and that's all i'm saying. Hopefully i'll be able to forget in december 2016

It's still december , right ?

At the very latest I hope.

So long as it's this year so I can ride the Sen III hype train with the japanese audience for once.

Eylos

Banned
What were they? Costumes?

Quartz: Teara (Rank 1)
Quartz: EP2 (Rank 2)
Accessory: Muppet Scapegoat (Rank 1)
Accessory: Victory Headband (Rank 3)
Accessory: Yellow Pendulum (Rank 3)
Accessory: Dark Crest (Rank 4)
Item: U-Material
(R1:5, R2:10, R3:15, R4:20, R5:25)
Item: Battle Scope (x10) (Rank 2)
Item: Zelam Capsule
(R4:1, R5:2)
Costume: VOFAN Original Design (Alisa) (Rank 3)
Costume: Rean costume and accessories (Rank 4)
Costume: Alisa's "doesn't anyone to see" (Rank 5)

I don't know if all that carries over, but there were definitely free packs for Cold Steel

So I'm guessing those bonuses might end up just being free packs on the store in a similar way, rather than DLC codes

Famassu

I was really hoping CS2 would be out sooner rather then later and while I know they've said they don't want to give a date because they think the series is cursed because of SC the more time that passes that we don't get a date just makes me think that it'll be coming out later in the fall rather then sooner.

Was really hoping for an August/Early September release so it would avoid FF15 entirely (not that I personally care mind you, given the choice between CS2, FF15, and Persona 5 on the same day I would play CS2 first) since it'll get squashed in terms of publicity, sales, and attention but it seems that isn't likely to happen anymore and I'm guessing it'll be a mid October release.
Well, do remember that Trails of Cold Steel 1's release date was announced IN December FOR December. That XSeed hasn't announced a release date yet should be of little concern, the game could still very well be a September release that gets announced less than a month before release. If we haven't heard about a September release by mid-to-late August, maybe then start to freak out a little bit, but as of now we are still far enough from a September release that a smaller release like Trails of Cold Steel II doesn't necessarily have to have a release date set yet. :p

Squire

Banned
Well, do remember that Trails of Cold Steel 1's release date was announced IN December FOR December. That XSeed hasn't announced a release date yet should be of little concern, the game could still very well be a September release that gets announced less than a month before release. If we haven't heard about a September release by mid-to-late August, maybe then start to freak out a little bit, but as of now we are still far enough from a September release that a smaller release like Trails of Cold Steel II doesn't necessarily have to have a release date set yet. :p

They dated it that close? That's exciting.

I was really hoping CS2 would be out sooner rather then later and while I know they've said they don't want to give a date because they think the series is cursed because of SC the more time that passes that we don't get a date just makes me think that it'll be coming out later in the fall rather then sooner.

Was really hoping for an August/Early September release so it would avoid FF15 entirely (not that I personally care mind you, given the choice between CS2, FF15, and Persona 5 on the same day I would play CS2 first) since it'll get squashed in terms of publicity, sales, and attention but it seems that isn't likely to happen anymore and I'm guessing it'll be a mid October release.

Considering the EU date has been shown to be November 11th through Nisa's distributor, ours will likely be a good month ahead of that like last time. The problem will be if both release dates have the same gap as they did last time (5 1/2 weeks), which would put the US release right at when FF15 releases. I would honestly hope they would know better than to release this at the same time as the most anticipated jrpg in years.

Jolkien

Just finished, took me 95 hours. AMAZING game. This series is so good, the three games I've played (FC, SC, CS) are my favorite jrpg by far.

I'm still so hyped and shocked by the finale and the cliffhanger, I can't believe I have to wait months for the next installment.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, it was announced for December 22nd on, like, December 2nd or 3rd.

Ha, that's great. I guess I won't worry about the sequel date then.

Shit, that's a long ass game. How do people finish these things? I still haven't played Trials in the Sky. I bought it, and now I have to finish that too? And the sequel? I am never gonna catch up to these.

It's definitely a long game. I just finished Chapter 4 myself and I'm ~54 hours in.

zakujanai

Just finished, took me 95 hours. AMAZING game. This series is so good, the three games I've played (FC, SC, CS) are my favorite jrpg by far.

I'm still so hyped and shocked by the finale and the cliffhanger, I can't believe I have to wait months for the next installment.

Nothing will ever top that heartbreaking silence waiting for SC, but I knitter what you mean. Every gamer I've played since Cold Steel has only managed to be 'Not Cold Steel II' in my head.

Hope the wait between that and 3rd Janet too bad, must excited about that than U am for CS2.

For people complaining about CS2 spoilers in a CS1 thread, can you please avoid even mentioning the nature of the spouler. I didn't click it and shouldn't have to put up with open spoilers from irate people who can't resist a black bar.

For people complaining about CS2 spoilers in a CS1 thread, can you please avoid even mentioning the nature of the spouler. I didn't click it and shouldn't have to put up with open spoilers from irate people who can't resist a black bar.

Yeah, I got more exposure to the spoiler from the complaints that didn't even hide what it was about than the actual black bar,

omgfloofy

Banned
Being told "oh their costumes have changed" is a minor problem.

(I'm not quoting your entire post, because you did kind of reveal the nature of the spoiler outside of spoiler tags, and people are complaining about that, too.)

That was hardly the end of the conversation, as it was pretty much the complete destruction of a character they haven't even seen yet, just because people didn't like her costume. And there were some pretty heavy near endgame spoilers being thrown in spoiler tags, and it didn't become a problem then.

Or what about the spoilers for endgame SC that have been thrown around in here, too? Maybe they shouldn't have been used at all, because there are probably people playing CS that haven't played FC or SC yet.

And I'm sorry you had to get spoiled about it in such a way, I seriously am, but this feels like it's easier to put blame on everyone else instead of just think 'maybe I should've read the text that clarifies the spoiler more clearly.'

PS: There have also been a lot of assumptions in your outburst posts in here that aren't exactly correct about CS2, as well.

aravuus

Yeah, can't believe how hard this is for some people to understand. Saying "it wasn't a problem before" is just absolutely ridiculous, because the fact that nobody happened to complain about it then doesn't make it not a problem.

When I open this thread I expect to be able to click any spoiler tag without much thought, because this thread is for Cold Steel 1 discussion. Not CS2, certainly not Ao/Zero, and least of all is it a thread to discuss (apparent) late game spoilers from those games.

The lack of empathy from some people is astonishing too. You all sound like such great guys.

The Kiseki thread is there for a reason (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763697) and anyone who has been on NeoGAF for even just a couple of months and actively discuss games in here and not just news should probably know there are community threads for series-wide talk.

This is true too, of course.

Sorry for interrupting the fighting, but is there a list of what carries over to CS2 from a clear file from CS1?

My current clear file doesn't have full AP and has me "partnered" with Machias (ugh) because I was playing for trophies, so I think I might have to finish it again.

aravuus

Sorry for interrupting the fighting, but is there a list of what carries over to CS2 from a clear file from CS1?

Lol at the bolded.

Anyway, I guess I'm gonna contradict myself immediately because I'm a massive, hypocritical human ass, and post what are technically CS2 spoilers in a thread about CS1, but here you go:

Depending on Rean's Level and Student Rank, you will receive different item:

Rean's Level
Level 69 or lower
100x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×100],
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Level 70-79
300x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×300]
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Soul Blur [ソウルブラー]
Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Level 80
500x each type of Sepith [7属性セピス×500]
Attack 1 [攻撃1]
Soul Blur [ソウルブラー]
Saintly Force [セイントフォース]
2x Zeram Powder [ゼラムパウダー]

Student Rank

A0 (430 AP)
Golden Medal [黄金の徽章] - HP +1000, EP +100, STR +10, DEF +10, ATS +10, and ADF +10

A1 (380 AP)
Silver Medal [白銀の徽章] - HP +500 and EP +50

Taken directly from the PSNProfiles guide.

e: also looks like lists break spoiler tags. good to know.

^ Thanks. I just saw on twitter something about (DLC) costumes carrying over, that's why is was wondering. Does anyone know about that? And does my choice of "partner" at the end not carry over in any way?

Psxphile

Yes, apparently any costumes you unlock in CS, either through gameplay or by DLC, will be available in CSII when you transfer your clear save.

(I'm not quoting your entire post, because you did kind of reveal the nature of the spoiler outside of spoiler tags, and people are complaining about that, too.)

That was hardly the end of the conversation, as it was pretty much the complete destruction of a character they haven't even seen yet, just because people didn't like her costume. And there were some pretty heavy near endgame spoilers being thrown in spoiler tags, and it didn't become a problem then.

Or what about the spoilers for endgame SC that have been thrown around in here, too? Maybe they shouldn't have been used at all, because there are probably people playing CS that haven't played FC or SC yet.

And I'm sorry you had to get spoiled about it in such a way, I seriously am, but this feels like it's easier to put blame on everyone else instead of just think 'maybe I should've read the text that clarifies the spoiler more clearly.'

PS: There have also been a lot of assumptions in your outburst posts in here that aren't exactly correct about CS2, as well.

First i edited that post for clarity .. i mentionned the nature of the spoiler without details ..and then again this reinforce my belief that there wasn't a need to discuss this here.

Second, i posted to say " why are there spoilers for this here ?"
Like some of you think i need to blame someone . i don't ..i follow this thread since pretty much the start and it was clear to me that everyone was following the set of rules we all agreed on at the start. the set of rules that are used in most sagas of video games on this forom.

Third , what i don't get is that people are ok with it.
I don't blame anyone but i don't understand why people are saying that it's ok.
It's not
Fourth : if i was mistaken , then i apologise, then with this . it'll be the last post on this subjetc i'll make here.

PS: About the Sc spoilers , this game was released after and takes places afterward in the storyline/timeline ..Knowledge of such events would be ok .. so i don't get what's the issue about them. Again , context .. IN a thread about the 6th game , some information about the 2nd or the 4th is debatable but might be ok depending on the context

Psxphile

Well, some people (including Falcom) consider Cold Steel a good jumping on point so there's going to be new players who haven't played any of the Sora games. Cold Steel in informed by what happens in Sky but the plot isn't completely tethered to it: the game takes place in another country with a whole new set of characters, with only a scant few returning. There's history but, at least in Cold Steel 1, it doesn't dominate what happens in the plot (CS2 will be different, I assume). So it *can* be enjoyed on its own merits.

It wouldn't be as big an issue if the games were being localized and released sequentially... but they're not.

DragonElm

Neo Member
Quick question. Do orbment color lines have any effect on equipped quartz?

As far as I can tell, longer lines means you have more EP, so if you unlock slots on on one line you'll have access to a larger EP pool. Shorter lines are useful too. They can be used to stack status boost quartz like you can have Action 2 on one line and Action 2 on another and have Action 4 as total. I think that's how it works, pretty new to the ARCUS and orbment system myself.

Famassu

As far as I can tell, longer lines means you have more EP, so if you unlock slots on on one line you'll have access to a larger EP pool. Shorter lines are useful too. They can be used to stack status boost quartz like you can have Action 2 on one line and Action 2 on another and have Action 4 as total. I think that's how it works, pretty new to the ARCUS and orbment system myself.
I'm not sure if you can have two exact same buff quartzes on one person, even on separate lines. But you can have Action 1 on one line and Action 2 on another, but not Action 2 & Action 2. Unless I've already completely forgotten how the Orbment stuff in this work.

Okay, thanks :( Those U-Materials were not exactly easy to come by.
You might start getting some excess U-Materials later on in the game, if I remember correctly. Don't remember lack of U-materials really being too much of a problem for upgrading weapons past the first few chapters.

Gu4n

I'm not sure if you can have two exact same buff quartzes on one person, even on separate lines. But you can have Action 1 on one line and Action 2 on another, but not Action 2 & Action 2. Unless I've already completely forgotten how the Orbment stuff in this work.
This. Action 1 is one line, Action 2 in another and Action 3 in a third line. Action 3 in two lines is not possible to slightly limit the breakability of the game.

DragonElm

Neo Member

Yes you are right you can have Action 1 on one line and Action 2 on the other, not both of the same kind. I'm still a noob though, on chapter 5 and still trying to figure out how it all works. I also just figured out Evade is actually useful and not a complete waste as I previously thought.

So confused about which quartz setup is best and what accessories to equip. I try to have arts of at least 3 elements on everyone, except the main attackers in the front (Rean, Laura, Fie, Gaius etc) I try to give these guys status boosts.

Even though I'm confused, I'm enjoying the crap out of this game.

Top Bottom