• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

AyanFaust

Banned
Ughh, I'm on chapter 4 and all I see are spoilers in this thread that I shouldn't click on, but feel so much temptation too.

Anyway, I just got to
Super Saiyan Rein
. The blaming Rein thing seemed stupid to me at first, but I suppose it was because their perception of that argument was a bit different than what I thought at first.
I saw it as Rein not feeling fit for the noble world, and I kind of agree, where as everyone else seemed to see it as him running away from a situation he didn't want to face.
After talking to the characters more, I understand where the blaming came from, but damn, it was weird to suddenly have everyone yelling at me ^^;

Stuart444

It's totally possible to get the platinum on the second run unless you missed out on some character notes (like some chapters have 4 bonding points for 5 characters that'll update your character notes). I don't think I have the patience to run through it three times, but good luck to you then lol.

Haha, I wouldn't consider it if it wasn't for the hold O to fast forward through text thing.

My old controller's X button got destroyed when I got Tales of Symphonia HDs platinum which was 4 - 5 playthroughs and a LOT of X mashing. (RIP controller :( ).

Not risking that again so yeah, thank you hold O to skip text function :D

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I got this back in December when it released but haven't put it in yet. Whats the consensus on GAF? I know that the OT thread never stays off the 1st two pages very often is normally a good sign. Once I finish Divinity and Fallout 4 I'm trying to decide between starting these or XBCX next.

Ughh, I'm on chapter 4 and all I see are spoilers in this thread that I shouldn't click on, but feel so much temptation too.

Anyway, I just got to
Super Saiyan Rein
. The blaming Rein thing seemed stupid to me at first, but I suppose it was because their perception of that argument was a bit different than what I thought at first.
I saw it as Rein not feeling fit for the noble world, and I kind of agree, where as everyone else seemed to see it as him running away from a situation he didn't want to face.
After talking to the characters more, I understand where the blaming came from, but damn, it was weird to suddenly have everyone yelling at me ^^;

It was more like Rean
is using his non-noble status as an excuse to leave his family behind "so he wouldn't bring shame to them" or anything, which really shows how flawed of a character considering they were the ones to bring him home in the first place. Jusis dives into it a bit in chapter 2, but Rean's mind is kinda broken where he prioritizes everyone besides himself and it seems like it comes from a place where he thinks much lesser of himself than of anyone else. It's a character trait that I personally love in an MC, kinda like an Emiya Shirou from F/SN.

StereoVsn

yea, you need very high tolerance to survive this script. there is some good stuff in all this bloat, but you need to arm yourself with lots of patience and tolerance first, otherwise it's game over. i'm glad this isn't my first trails game. i know they can do better than this.

jusis isn't that bad. he grew on me and by the end he was one my favorites. i think his quotes are funny too. alisa requires more time in the oven. didn't really like her. i don't know if sarah had this annoying voice in the original. she's good endgame.

Jusis is the least offensive of the iffy chars (finished Ch. 3). It's just Trails FC and SC had charm and the characters were likable and fun. MC here is bland, Alise is badly written and her just dumping the info on MC is sudden with not very believable motivation. Machias is just terrible. Sarah is badly written, cliche as shit, and offers no redeemable value. You could pluck a bunch of same sounding/looking/behaving characters out of a dozen or more bad anime series (or even some good ones, adjusted for better writing).

I am actually liking the overall game more now but not particularly pleased with the cast. I guess it could be just me and too high of expectations from the series.

Edit: I wonder if part of the issue is the English localization and voice direction. For example, FFXIII which is a game I strongly disliked was still better with Japanese VA as the direction and VAs were much better even with my middling understanding of spoken Japanese.

Thoraxes

I got this back in December when it released but haven't put it in yet. Whats the consensus on GAF? I know that the OT thread never stays off the 1st two pages very often is normally a good sign. Once I finish Divinity and Fallout 4 I'm trying to decide between starting these or XBCX next.

This game was so good it got me to stop playing XCX, and I got my skell in XCX.

And i'm working on a platinum run for CS now instead of going back to XCX. I know not everyone likes the same things and stuff, but CS really got its hooks into me like I didn't expect. I really love the characters and their interactions in this one (they developed nicely over the 95 hours I spent on my first playthrough), and the story is just as good too. Add in all the great locations, the awesome battle system, and fantastic music, and you have yourself a really fantastic experience all-around.

That isn't to say one is better than the other, but I find the two games are so different that they compliment each other nicely that I don't think it matters which you play first, imo.

They're both incredibly good games. Can't go wrong with either one, so it really depends on what you're in the mood for. If you're craving something more story/character heavy with lots of cutscenes, roll with Trails. If you're in the mood for a big open JRPG with flexibility in how you approach the game's story/characters/world, then I'd go with Xenoblade. Either way, you should eventually play both.

Absolutely amazing game. Took me 90 hours to finish and I immediately had withdrawal afterwards because I wanted more. Haven't played XBCX, but starting Cold Steel won't be a mistake.

Meneses

Got this day 1 on (Euro) Vita, really liking it so far even though I haven't finished - or should I say, barely started - Trails in the Sky FC and SC yet.

This has a bunch of great quality of life stuff: skippable scenes, fast travel, sprint everywhere.

Only slight issue is the somewhat long-ish load times in certain spots, but nothing too bad.

Question: How many characters can I realistically get max affinity with per playthrough? I fear that I might be spreading it too thin.

Stuart444

So Final Chapter started:

1. I feel bad for Angelica :( having to leave because of her father.
2. The only major place on the map that we don't get to go and visit, Ymir :(. Wish that bit was playable but oh well. Maybe in the Sequel we can go there? I hope lol.

Almost feel sad that it's coming to an end. I know that the wait for Trails of Cold Steel 2 is going to be terrible though :( just glad it will be out this year at least.

Nyoro SF

It's a bit hard to rank them at that point since "most suited" can range from person to person.

Like it's obvious that Laura/Rean/Emma are some of the bests regardless, but after that point it's almost up for grabs due to the flexible customization.

Not quite. One of the most important things that differentiates characters is their Craft set.

One of the reasons Machias is so high despite his deficiencies, is because of a single craft which enables characters to get ahead of bosses and their goons to gain advantage and reduce potential damage taken; really, really powerful ability.

Jusis's noble command is absolutely crazy and can't be done by any other character. Alone he elevates his whole team to have the ability to not only dish out a much higher damage output on all fronts but to give the opponent fewer turns, which is the core of the game and especially useful against bosses who are immune to AT Delay (most of them).

Alisa in comparison only has her CP regeneration craft going for her (which is very heavily range limited, which is very bad for many later fights where splitting up happens) but using a craft puts you at the end of the queue, so you'll find that she's standing around a lot. There are more expedited, efficient ways to fight.

Got this day 1 on (Euro) Vita, really liking it so far even though I haven't finished - or should I say, barely started - Trails in the Sky FC and SC yet.

This has a bunch of great quality of life stuff: skippable scenes, fast travel, sprint everywhere.

Only slight issue is the somewhat long-ish load times in certain spots, but nothing too bad.

Question: How many characters can I realistically get max affinity with per playthrough? I fear that I might be spreading it too thin.

Around 4-6. You can fairly easily get the rest of them maxed on the second playthrough.

Saphirax

I had the same issue, but it turned out I fussed over nothing. Managed to get 6 max links easily. I only had 3 maxed links by the end of chapter 5, I believe.

zakujanai

Absolutely amazing game. Took me 90 hours to finish and I immediately had withdrawal after finising it because I wanted more. Haven't played XBCX, but starting Cold Steel won't be a mistake.

Starting XBCX might though. Ditched that after 30 hours when even getting a SKELL couldn't make it fun. Currently 33 hours through Cold Steel, only on Chapter 2 and utterly besotted. I'm possibly actually liking it more than TitS SC (though admittedly TitS did must of the ground work to make me love the Zemuria universe).

Not quite. One of the most important things that differentiates characters is their Craft set.

One of the reasons Machias is so high despite his deficiencies, is because of a single craft which enables characters to get ahead of bosses and their goons to gain advantage and reduce potential damage taken; really, really powerful ability.

Jusis's noble command is absolutely crazy and can't be done by any other character. Alone he elevates his whole team to have the ability to not only dish out a much higher damage output on all fronts but to give the opponent fewer turns, which is the core of the game and especially useful against bosses who are immune to AT Delay (most of them).

From a support viewpoint, Machias and Jusis are definitely the two best characters, though I place a lot of value in Alisa's ability to impassion the rest of the team to quickly get the S-craft to max, while having fairly strong magic. I do agree with you for the most part though.

End game spoilers

For the final dungeon, I rolled with Rean/Emma/Laura/Fie/Jusis/Machias/Alisa and I think those are the top characters in the game, besides the part time sub-ins like Angelica and Sara. Though I think Crow is really good at crowd control for enemy encounters, but he loses a bit of value during boss fights without adds.

I think Rean is better than Jusis and Machias just from the damage/speed he innately has even without buffs. Though with both of those characters backing him up, he's incredibly strong.

I've already beaten the game twice, but there's still these occasions where my characters would just start doing way less damage for seemingly no reason that I never figured out. Example, I was fighting some boss,
I think the second C fight
, and Machias was doing decent damage, but then out of nowhere he started hitting for 0-1 damage.

I've already beaten the game twice, but there's still these occasions where my characters would just start doing way less damage for seemingly no reason that I never figured out. Example, I was fighting some boss,
I think the second C fight
, and Machias was doing decent damage, but then out of nowhere he started hitting for 0-1 damage.

Chapter 6 spoilers

I'm fairly certain that during that fight
C's two robots have a skill that lowers strength. Machias probably got hit with that.

evilalien

Alisa in comparison only has her CP regeneration craft going for her (which is very heavily range limited, which is very bad for many later fights where splitting up happens) but using a craft puts you at the end of the queue, so you'll find that she's standing around a lot. There are more expedited, efficient ways to fight.

Noble command is super useful in the early game. Later on I feel that chrono burst makes Alicia the best support in the game. If you start a battle with 200CP and have stacked enough speed on her, she can take enough turns to both charge every battle member to full CP from 0 and buff their strength (Moebius is useful here but it can be done without) before the enemy even has a chance to move, and no boss even on nightmare can withstand 6 buffed 200CP S-Crafts in a row. Anybody can fill this role with Moebius and enough CP restoring items, but those tend to be either expensive/rare or don't restore enough CP for my tastes, and strength boosting food is super cheap.

Stuart444

Noble command is super useful in the early game. Later on I feel that chrono burst makes Alicia the best support in the game. If you start a battle with 200CP and have stacked enough speed on her, she can take enough turns to both charge every battle member to full CP from 0 and buff their strength (Moebius is useful here but it can be done without) before the enemy even has a chance to move, and no boss even on nightmare can withstand 6 buffed 200CP S-Crafts in a row. Anybody can fill this role with Moebius and enough CP restoring items, but those tend to be either expensive/rare or don't restore enough CP for my tastes, and strength boosting food is super cheap.

Have you tried that out? How would it work? Just curious because while I enjoy using her, she isn't particularly quick at the start/when using arts like Chrono Burst meaning it gives the enemy ample time to counter attack before she gets a chance to do anything.

Nyoro SF

My team for the parts where you could choose your squad were:

Rean/Laura/Jusis/Emma (Machias can go into Jusis's spot if needed, pick a top tier, etc.)

in Y Formation, so:

R X X X L
X X J X X
X X X X X
X X E X X

From the starting turn, both Jusis and Emma can buff the whole team if necessary (I don't recall if Emma can buff herself with Crescent Shell, but she never needed it because barely anyone ever attacked her physically lol)
Also, this layout makes it less likely that you'll get more than two characters caught in a sweeping attack.
If you need to make a run for it, you're less likely to suffer group damage while running away.
If you're in a wide Box Formation, like:

R X X X L
X X X X X
J X X X E
X X X X X

buffing all characters at once becomes harder or impossible due to distance; Jusis won't be able to reach Emma or Laura to buff them.
Also, this puts Emma needlessly close into the line of fire.
If you try a thin Box Formation (which is actually a default set by the game at some points), like:

X R X L X
X X X X X
X J X E X
X X X X X

You make yourself more susceptible to AoEs, and line attacks compared to Y. This particular formation got me in big trouble versus a few bosses that fired line crafts such as one particular chapter 3 boss (first line attack shoved characters into other lines, so L and J were hit first, then R, L and E were hit by a followup). The closer Y Formation which is also recommended by the game at some points:

X R X L X
X X J X X
X X E X X
X X X X X

is even worse than the thin Box, because now you are much more susceptible on a multi-character level to every kind of AoE out there. Especially the ones that are a wide strike from the front like the big guys that stomp the ground in front of them.

The game sometimes scrunches offensive characters on the front line by default before when switching around squad members, so you have to watch out and make sure you select Tactics in the menu after every important character swap to make sure there are no shenanigans. :p

Interesting. However Alisa doesn't build any CP for using this craft, so she's limited to using it 5 times, plus you have to make sure that your units are stacked close enough together, which is risky and sometimes not feasible against deadlier bosses with lots of range that knock you around.

Chrono Burst is really busted in this game, especially for Machias, but I didn't think about using it for Alisa because I kept getting painfully pushed out of range by bosses to buff CP for my buddies, so I dropped Alisa like Galileo in a gravity test.

I do agree that super-buffing each high STR unit and firing off all their 200CP S-Crafts in a row pretty much trivializes every boss though, regardless of how you do it. lol

I just looked up the Moebius quartz potential... holy shit... lol

Stuart444

I googled it and people say Moebius can be OP but how? It just says it multiplies healing items which is mainly good for healing I guess? Not sure how that's OP.

suikodan

I have multiple questions/comments about this game which is a complete surprise for me.

1- I really wonder why the characters always speak with their eyes closed. That said...
2- I cannot seem to upgrade weapons, I seem to have missed a step as I don't have the previous weapon of the current upgrade I'm offered. Is there a way to go back?
3- At the beginning of the game (after the prologue, that is), Links were easy to come by. Now, even though the enemy has 3 stars for a category, it never seems to connect.

I was fighting two bosses and almost beat one but when it was under 1000HP, it got a 50% Heal bonus and went up to... 9000. Yay...

Sera O

Banned
I googled it and people say Moebius can be OP but how? It just says it multiplies healing items which is mainly good for healing I guess? Not sure how that's OP.

I didn't really use it, but if you use food (healing + CP or stat bonuses) while that mq is equipped, do the restored CP/stat bonuses also increase? If that's true it could be abused especially if the moebius person's able to get that effect using items on other people.

I have multiple questions/comments about this game which is a complete surprise for me.

1- I really wonder why the characters always speak with their eyes closed. That said...
2- I cannot seem to upgrade weapons, I seem to have missed a step as I don't have the previous weapon of the current upgrade I'm offered. Is there a way to go back?
3- At the beginning of the game (after the prologue, that is), Links were easy to come by. Now, even though the enemy has 3 stars for a category, it never seems to connect.

I was fighting two bosses and almost beat one but when it was under 1000HP, it got a 50% Heal bonus and went up to... 9000. Yay...

For the weapon upgrades you basically need to buy the weapon that becomes available in stores in that chapter in order to get the upgrade for that chapter. Otherwise, you'll keep getting that characters initial weapon + as they are equipped by default each chapter. So if you go back to the town weapon shop where you're doing field study, or campus store, you can pick the current weapon up and then go to the orbment store for the upgrade.

Not noticing a health restoration turn until it has healed the boss really sucks since they are such damage sponges.

You should be able to buy the weapons needed at the store in the first floor of the student union building.

Nyoro SF

Basically it lets you do AoE buffs with food. So Red Hot Soda = 60CP buff, now you can give 60CP to all characters in one move.

As you can imagine with speed buffs and such, such a tactic would be ridiculous.

evilalien

Have you tried that out? How would it work? Just curious because while I enjoy using her, she isn't particularly quick at the start/when using arts like Chrono Burst meaning it gives the enemy ample time to counter attack before she gets a chance to do anything.

Chrono Burst is instant cast and immediately grants you the extra turns. It is super abusable.

Interesting. However Alisa doesn't build any CP for using this craft, so she's limited to using it 5 times, plus you have to make sure that your units are stacked close enough together, which is risky and sometimes not feasible against deadlier bosses with lots of range that knock you around.

Chrono Burst is really busted in this game, especially for Machias, but I didn't think about using it for Alisa because I kept getting painfully pushed out of range by bosses to buff CP for my buddies, so I dropped Alisa like Galileo in a gravity test.

I do agree that super-buffing each high STR unit and firing off all their 200CP S-Crafts in a row pretty much trivializes every boss though, regardless of how you do it. lol

I just looked up the Moebius quartz potential... holy shit... lol

You're right that she doesn't build any CP for using that craft, but 5x is enough to give everybody else 200CP and nothing will live through that. Keeping units close together doesn't matter as stacking speed on Alisa will allow her to pretty much always get her turn before the boss and that is all you need to go off.

The quartz I used on my attackers for the endgame were Vermillion, Orochi, and Murakamo. All give pretty nice damage boosts and hitting max damage wasn't uncommon with str buffs. Also Megalith gets special mention for being busted as hell for normal encounters.

Nyoro SF

Chrono Burst is instant cast and immediately grants you the extra turns. It is super abusable.

You're right that she doesn't build any CP for using that craft, but 5x is enough to give everybody else 200CP and nothing will live through that. Keeping units close together doesn't matter as stacking speed on Alisa will allow her to pretty much always get her turn before the boss and that is all you need to go off.

The quartz I used on my attackers for the endgame were Vermillion, Orochi, and Murakamo. All give pretty nice damage boosts and hitting max damage wasn't uncommon with str buffs. Also Megalith gets special mention for being busted as hell for normal encounters.

Alisa no longer bottom tier, confirmed for the Oprah of Trails. Craft points for everyone!

I had a similar MQ setup like yours. Like you said the buff system means there's no need to prioritize MQ that give short-term buffs. I'm glad I realized early on that Force wouldn't be any good against bosses.

Normal encounters are already busted through and through, but Megalith was great for building CP for everyone before a fight started. If you took the time to swap it to every character it was a completely free and fast charge. This game is so damn busted.

Psxphile

i need some clarification on the start of ch 6's field study

is that airship paddling through the air

In Trails in the Sky SC's final chapter an NPC goes into detail about that actually.

Essentially, they're stabilizers. A ship can fly without them but it's a bumpy ride during high-speed flight if the ship is large like the Arseille. Smaller ships don't need them since their cruising speed is much lower and their small frames create less turbulence I imagine.

evilalien

INSTANT?

WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN USING THIS :(

It's basically as many turns in a row as your mana pool and ep restorative items can provide. It's even useful on physical attackers.

Normal encounters are already busted through and through, but Megalith was great for building CP for everyone before a fight started. If you took the time to swap it to every character it was a completely free and fast charge. This game is so damn busted.

Megalith restores CP so fast I was dropping S-Crafts on every normal encounter to end them instantly. Combine with domination for best results.

Stuart444

It's basically as many turns in a row as your mana pool and ep restorative items can provide. It's even useful on physical attackers.

Yeah, will be using them next playthrough I think. That combined with the money trick for EP items should do nicely.

Also that final boss... was more difficult than I anticipated.

I had Sleep prevent accessories on but somehow they still ended up asleep to one attack. WTF?

Also that move where he sucks you in is annoying. Once I ran out of CP for S-breaks. Could not break them out.

I won eventually though.

This final chapter has taught me one thing for my next playthrough. I need to work on a better MQ setup by the time I get to Chapter 6/Final Chapter in my next playthrough.

Some people seem to have had an easier time probably because of it (and maybe some luck since delaying turns is pretty much pure luck due to the highest (I've seen) being the Zeus Gem which is 90% delay. Which feels less sometimes)

Also on a side note: The higher elements love to screw me over. I've had enemies get the first attack in and get a vanish or worse... Deathblow and hit the whole party for a instant game over. Other times, I move first but the delay doesn't take :(.

Still I have loved this game and it's made Cold Steel II pretty much a day-1 purchase. So thanks Falcom/XSEED/NISA Europe (Dev, Loc and EU Pub :p ) for this great game haha. <3.

Now to finish the rest of the game and then begin the wait for CSII

evilalien

Yeah, will be using them next playthrough I think. That combined with the money trick for EP items should do nicely.

I would suggest farming up 25 or so EP Charge III from the enemies in the last area of the final dungeon before you start a new game+ (you get a chance to go back in before the final sequence) instead of spending money on EP Charge II. Some luck quartz and the Emblem MQ if you have it at level 5 will make this take no time at all.

Stuart444

(near-end final chapter spoilers)
So... I'm at what I believe is the final final save confirmation screen before the final battle. It's almost 5am so I HAVE to call it a night and complete it when I wake up.

But from what I saw...

WHAT?

What is going on?

WOW

What is going to happen?

This is awesome.

SHARON?

Even more awesome scenes.

*saves and quits for tonight*

That is basically how it went for me from the moment the broadcast started and all the reveals started.

I'll give more coherent thoughts when I have completed the game and I'm more awake. But needless to say, I am enjoying this a lot and I also have lots of questions that won't be answered anytime soon probably...

zakujanai

I can't help expecting Chancellor Osborne to be evil because one of the most evil men in Britain right now is Chancellor (George) Osborne. Also I think he did some bad stuff in SC but I can't remember that.

Famassu

I can't help expecting Chancellor Osborne to be evil because one of the most evil men in Britain right now is Chancellor (George) Osborne. Also I think he did some bad stuff in SC but I can't remember that.
I don't remember if he did bad things during SC per se (he's said to be a pretty ruthless person, though, IIRC) but
Olivier kind of implies that he's a bit too trigger happy & would be all too happy to "help" Liberl with their Aureole problem by totally invading them, in a super-friendly, happy way. With tanks patrolling all streets of Liberl and all.

zakujanai

I don't remember if he did bad things during SC per se (he's said to be a pretty ruthless person, though, IIRC) but
Olivier kind of implies that he's a bit too trigger happy & would be all too happy to "help" Liberl with their Aureole problem by totally invading them, in a super-friendly, happy way. With tanks patrolling all streets of Liberl and all. He also somewhat predicted the problems that were rising between the nobles & the commoners like Osborne who had risen to power, seeing that some hard times were ahead if things continued like they were going.

I really want to read this but I'm only on chapter 2 so I'll have to come back at a later date. As far as what he did in SC goes, wasn't it whatever Olivier went back to fix? He wanted to invade Liberl for the Empire's safety or something. Not necessarily evil I guess, just imperialistic. I don't want the reformists to be bad because fuck that class system. Calvard seems like the nation I'd want to live in.

I really want to read this but I'm only on chapter 2 so I'll have to come back at a later date. As far as what he did in SC goes, wasn't it whatever Olivier went back to fix? He wanted to invade Liberl for the Empire's safety or something. Not necessarily evil I guess, just imperialistic. I don't want the reformists to be bad because fuck that class system. Calvard seems like the nation I'd want to live in.

SC Spoilers
When all Liberl's orbments went out, Erebonia was already prepared to invade with tanks that ran without orbments, leaving Olivier suspicious that Osborne had prior knowledge of Ouroboros' plans.

Erheller

Olivier kind of implies that he's a bit too trigger happy & would be all too happy to "help" Liberl with their Aureole problem by totally invading them, in a super-friendly, happy way. With tanks patrolling all streets of Liberl and all. He also somewhat predicted the problems that were rising between the nobles & the commoners like Osborne who had risen to power, seeing that some hard times were ahead if things continued like they were going.

[SC Chapter 8 - Final Chapter spoilers]

Olivier implies to Zechs that Osborne might be working with Ouroboros. Remember that Zechs was given orders to invade Liberl with convenient steam-powered tanks that were conveniently positioned near the Liberl border. Steam-powered tanks are pretty much useless, except in the somewhat unlikely event that orbments stop working. So Osborne must have had some way of knowing that in the near future orbments in Liberl were going to stop working.

How did he know that? Ouroboros is the seemingly obvious answer, but we'll have to wait until CS2 to see if we get any confirmation.

Famassu

I edited my post so that even the smallest implications to Cold Steel's story are removed (it wasn't anything overly spoilery, you should have a somewhat decent picture on what is happening in Erebonia by Chapter 2 of Cold Steel). You should be able to read the spoiler now without spoiling anything from Cold Steel, if you've played SC through.

zakujanai

SC Spoilers
When all Liberl's orbments went out, Erebonia was already prepared to invade with tanks that ran without orbments, leaving Olivier suspicious that Osborne had prior knowledge of Ouroboros' plans.

[SC Chapter 8 - Final Chapter spoilers]

Olivier implies to Zechs that Osborne might be working with Ouroboros. Remember that Zechs was given orders to invade Liberl with convenient steam-powered tanks that were conveniently positioned near the Liberl border. Steam-powered tanks are pretty much useless, except in the somewhat unlikely event that orbments stop working. So Osborne must have had some way of knowing that in the near future orbments in Liberl were going to stop working.

How did he know that? Ouroboros is the seemingly obvious answer, but we'll have to wait until CS2 to see if we get any confirmation.

I edited my post so that even the smallest implications to Cold Steel's story are removed (it wasn't anything overly spoilery, you should have a somewhat decent picture on what is happening in Erebonia by Chapter 2 of Cold Steel). You should be able to read the spoiler now without spoiling anything from Cold Steel, if you've played SC through.

Thanks for refreshing my rather poor memory. Can't wait to get further in to see if these two clash again. I think the real Chancellor Osborne would be in the nobles camp so maybe it isn't too reflective of whatever this one is up too :)

Top Bottom