• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Something I noticed similar to this and TitS:
sister falls in love with adopted brother who's kinda oblivious that his sister is in love with him. This is kinda borderline incestuous. Does Ao/Zero no Kiseki have something like this too?

SC spoilers:
Joshua isn't oblivious, he's choking his own budding love for her down as he's wracked with feelings of him being unworthy of this good life, her love, and that he's a mere puppet in a temporary dream if Oroborous shows signs of life, then he's gone to do what a puppet does: die killing.

Elise is acting out to the letter a stock animu junk trope (early on, then drops it after some confrontation thankfully). They're almost like Best Case Scenario for this and Worst Case.

Nightmare difficulty is actually easier than one would think ( unless one would want to experiment again )....
Untill you reach chapter 5/6 that is.

There are ways to abuse the MQ system which makes it all super easy, but if you don't then
C is rough
but is some of the most fun I've had with the game. Definitely going hard on my first playthrough of CS2.

I WANT COLD STEEL II NAO!

The thirst will only get harsher

Shahed

I usually clean the maps (at least the first time), well I won't do that for Chapter 3 because the maps are huge :v
I'll try to boost my evasion, I don't think I have many items that can do that but I'll look into it.

Also I noticed that my stuff is kinda low compared to merchants stuff (that may be why Rean is so useless...). I still need to do that omelet trick to increase my mira. By the way, can I sell my "sepith mass" or I'll need it for smething else ? I have 4000+ and that could help me buy some shit.

Sepith Mass is your source of money for the game. If you haven't been selling it that explains your lack of Mira. You'll have 40,000+ soon enough! I'm pretty aure the game tells you early on when visiting George at Engineering that Sepith Mass is useless for ajything else so there's no point hoarding it. Just sell it and buy something for Rean because he's actually pretty good. Especially once you learn Gale which should be pretty soon for you (Lv 35?).

I'd save 24,000 in order to buy some good accessories in the next chapter. They're expensive but also amazing. You can also do the Elliot Simple Omelet trick right next to it to get several of them if you want.

cheesekao

So I herd you like cliffhangers?

No. No I don't.

Pretty good game overall. Clocked in at roughly 55 hours. It's a shame that several interesting characters aren't playable,the free time events don't show much development,not enough older women (i.e Claire, Sara) and the game loads far too often. I hope the sequel improves on a lot of things.

No. No I don't.

Pretty good game overall. Clocked in at roughly 55 hours. It's a shame that several interesting characters aren't playable,the free time events don't show much development,not enough older women (Claire, Sara) and the game loads far too often. I hope the sequel improves on a lot of things.

Didn't even mention Sharon smh

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.

No. No I don't.

Pretty good game overall. Clocked in at roughly 55 hours. It's a shame that several interesting characters aren't playable,the free time events don't show much development,not enough older women (Claire, Sara) and the game loads far too often. I hope the sequel improves on a lot of things.

Didn't even mention Vita Clotilde who had some of the best character interaction with Rean and the cast :(

Didn't even mention Sharon smh

Sharon better be playable in future games, or is she too OP for that? :p

That last boss on nightmare is 99 percent luck

The dark dragon or Azure Knight? Azure Knight isn't too bad, just make sure Rean's level is at least in the high 60's (around 68+) and use the buff that adds 25% to attack and speed and use it twice to stack it to 50% attack and speed, and just keep using it when there's only one turn left on it to refresh. Otherwise, it's just knowing the Azure Knights weak spots and going in for assist attacks.

Shahed

Anyone else have the menu's become laggy on the Vita? It happens mainly when pressing L/R to switch character in order to check gear and quartz. It lags and doesn't switch at first and then suddenly does several at once if I pressed a few times.

Didn't even mention Vita Clotilde who had some of the best character interaction with Rean and the cast :(

Sharon better be playable in future games, or is she too OP for that? :p

Her stimulating massage tech is too OP.

Anyone else have the menu's become laggy on the Vita? It happens mainly when pressing L/R to switch character in order to check gear and quartz. It lags and doesn't switch at first and then suddenly does several at once if I pressed a few times.

Yup. It's the only issue I've personally run into with the game where sometimes the menu lags heavily, or it just doesn't respond. Usually when I close and reopen the menu it works better.

Alucrid

Banned
The dark dragon or Azure Knight? Azure Knight isn't too bad, just make sure Rean's level is at least in the high 60's (around 68+) and use the buff that adds 25% to attack and speed and use it twice to stack it to 50% attack and speed, and just keep using it when there's only one turn left on it to refresh. Otherwise, it's just knowing the Azure Knights weak spots and going in for assist attacks.
The second. Even doing what you said he kept getting lucky crits on me to where he'd take me out when he had a sliver of health left. I only won because I got a lucky counter after being hit and have like 1000 hp left.

It's all behind me now though. Need like 150 battles and 20 more hours before I can put it down.

Shahed

Yup. It's the only issue I've personally run into with the game where sometimes the menu lags heavily, or it just doesn't respond. Usually when I close and reopen the menu it works better.

Just checking it wasn't a problem with my Vita since I dropped it quite heavily the other day! Shame but hopefully it'll be fine in the next game.

Oh, that explains a lot.
Someone skipped the sepith tutorial from George lol
George quite directly says "Sell your sepith mass, it's only good for selling to make money."
Yeah man, sepith mass is meant to be sold. 4000 sepith mass will net you 40,000 mira. It's supposed to be a steady income.
Sepith Mass is your source of money for the game. If you haven't been selling it that explains your lack of Mira. You'll have 40,000+ soon enough! I'm pretty aure the game tells you early on when visiting George at Engineering that Sepith Mass is useless for ajything else so there's no point hoarding it. Just sell it and buy something for Rean because he's actually pretty good. Especially once you learn Gale which should be pretty soon for you (Lv 35?).

I'd save 24,000 in order to buy some good accessories in the next chapter. They're expensive but also amazing. You can also do the Elliot Simple Omelet trick right next to it to get several of them if you want.

Damn, all this time I was sitting on a gold mine. Should have paid more attention to tutorials. I tend to skip them and complain later :p
I'll buy Rean a new weapon then, and accessories next chapter. He's lvl 27 btw.

But even with crappy stuff I find this chapter to be easier, I now have a lot of good arts to clean mobs, it's pretty fun.

Shahed

Damn, all this time I was sitting on a gold mine. Should have paid more attention to tutorials. I tend to skip them and complain later :p
I'll buy Rean a new weapon then, and accessories next chapter. He's lvl 27 btw.

But even with crappy stuff I find this chapter to be easier, I now have a lot of good arts to clean mobs, it's pretty fun.
Mira is still tight in this game though since money isn't a reward for quest completion. I'm in Chapter 5 now and I've never had remotely enough to buy weapons and armour for my active party of 4. You can get buy with only upgrading Rean since the others get free upgrades when not in you field study group. I suppose if you have the same person in your group twice inna row you might need to upgrade them as well.

General Sepith on the hand seems like there's a lot extra. I've maxed everyone's slots and got like ~3k of everything. Might just sell some of that so I can buy more of those accessories.

Famassu

It's just rock/paper/scissors. Read the stance right and it's hard to lose.
One stance has two possible weak spots, but either one or the other, not both at the same time. With bad luck, he's constantly doing that stance and with even worse luck you always choose the wrong part. Pretty easy to lose if you miss even even 2-3 times and if the Azure Knight is lucky with dodging unbalancing craft and dealing unbalancing moves to the player himself. There's a heck of a lot of luck involved with that fight, unless he's constantly doing stances that always have the same weak spot or fails unbalancing Rean. If you're a lucky person, it's a pretty easy fight. If there's even a little bit of unluckiness involved, then it gets much tougher. Sometimes luck is just actively against you and no matter how good your strategy is, you will fail.

Psxphile

^ at least the game keeps track when you *do* find the various weak points so you know which to strike again, it's only during the first few turns where you should have trouble... although apparently on Nightmare that's more than enough to screw you over.

Mira is still tight in this game though since money isn't a reward for quest completion. I'm in Chapter 5 now and I've never had remotely enough to buy weapons and armour for my active party of 4. You can get buy with only upgrading Rean since the others get free upgrades when not in you field study group. I suppose if you have the same person in your group twice inna row you might need to upgrade them as well.

General Sepith on the hand seems like there's a lot extra. I've maxed everyone's slots and got like ~3k of everything. Might just sell some of that so I can buy more of those accessories.

Agreed. Money is so tight I pretty much only upgraded Rean as he was the character I was sure I'd have. Once I got used to the characters I started upgrading a couple of others I really liked (Laura, Emma, Jusis mainly).

Famassu

^ at least the game keeps track when you *do* find the various weak points so you know which to strike again, it's only during the first few turns where you should have trouble... although apparently on Nightmare that's more than enough to screw you over.
It does? :O I didn't notice anything that would help with choosing the right spot. Was I just in so much despair that I overlooked something obvious?

evilalien

It does? :O I didn't notice anything that would help with choosing the right spot. Was I just in so much despair that I overlooked something obvious?

The targeting cursor shows unbalance info which makes it obvious what the right spot is once you've found it once. You must have missed it.

Psxphile

Agreed. Money is so tight I pretty much only upgraded Rean as he was the character I was sure I'd have. Once I got used to the characters I started upgrading a couple of others I really liked (Laura, Emma, Jusis mainly).

lol I said fuck that. I upgraded everyone every time. Grinded for Sepith Mass and U-Materials on occasion to make it. NO ONE LEFT BEHIND. Probably another reason my completion time was so high for a first playthrough. :x

Mastered all my Master Quartz too. *Olivert shine sparkles*

Shahed

lol I said fuck that. I upgraded everyone every time. Grinded for Sepith Mass and U-Materials on occasion to make it. NO ONE LEFT BEHIND. Probably another reason my completion time was so high for a first playthrough. :x

Mastered all my Master Quartz too. *Olivert shine sparkles*
I just focused on the weapons and ignored the armours unless I had excess money. I'd get weapons for Rean and Laura straight away, and then fill in the rest of the physical attackers like Fie and so on later. U Materials were enver a problem. I made an extra Luck and always made sure one of the people who had one killed an enemy that dropped them.

Psxphile

I just focused on the weapons and ignored the armours unless I had excess money. I'd get weapons for Rean and Laura straight away, and then fill in the rest of the physical attackers like Fie and so on later. U Materials were enver a problem. I made an extra Luck and always made sure one of the people who had one killed an enemy that dropped them.

I didn't want to waste a slot on Luck or Detection Quartz so I went without. Admittingly, U-Materials would probably have been more plentiful in the early going if I had.

The final dungeon drops U-Materials like they're hot, I had 99 at one point... traded them in for specialty quartz and some cat ears. :3

Chapter 6 boss question

How do I fucking defeat C? I'm level 62 with my party (REAN, gelica, alisa, elliot) and he is destroying me. Some people on gamefaqs suggested I use chaos quartz on gelica to stun lock him but the stun still only last 1 turn?

Nyoro SF

Chapter 6 boss question

How do I fucking defeat C? I'm level 62 with my party (REAN, gelica, alisa, elliot) and he is destroying me. Some people on gamefaqs suggested I use chaos quartz on gelica to stun lock him but the stun still only last 1 turn?

What difficulty?
You got all your defensive gear maxed?
I actually invested all my mira on defense gear first before weapons, since it's easy to buff attack power in this game.
This is what I did on Normal:

My party was Angelika/Rean/Machias/Elliot
First, split your fighters up. Two should be engaging the mech on the right, one on the left, and one person should be engaging C directly.
If anyone begins to fire up an Art, impede with Angelika or Rean.
If he throws out the mines, do a craft or art which hits all of them to get rid of them before they do any real damage.
Keep buffing speed over and over.
...keep wailing on them until they're dead? Save S-Crafts for critical turns, etc. I don't recall getting pushed to the brink at all in that battle. I remember C does a lot of damage, but I could withstand at least 2 of his attacks before anyone was in danger.
Machias is a damage sponge and AT Advance lol
If you have Seraphic Ring, use it.

Psxphile

Chapter 6 boss question

Faint is god-tier status (under Faint every attack is a crit and can chain multiple assists), it would break the game (moreso) if you could induce Faint for more than one round.

Chapter 6 final boss can be done , "safely" if you have many Ep recovery items And 2 adamantium shields givers.

Just shield and heal with 2 characters while rean and "
angelica
" concentrate on killing the ennemies

What difficulty?
You got all your defensive gear maxed?
I actually invested all my mira on defense gear first before weapons, since it's easy to buff attack power in this game.
This is what I did on Normal:

My party was Angelika/Rean/Machias/Elliot
First, split your fighters up. Two should be engaging the mech on the right, one on the left, and one person should be engaging C directly.
If anyone begins to fire up an Art, impede with Angelika or Rean.
If he throws out the mines, do a craft or art which hits all of them to get rid of them before they do any real damage.
Keep buffing speed over and over.
...keep wailing on them until they're dead? Save S-Crafts for critical turns, etc. I don't recall getting pushed to the brink at all in that battle. I remember C does a lot of damage, but I could withstand at least 2 of his attacks before anyone was in danger.
Machias is a damage sponge and AT Advance lol
If you have Seraphic Ring, use it.

I'm playing on hard. the robots are the one destroying me. specially their shockwave blast. just 2 of those can kill Alisa. I have the best armor already but I didn't upgrade their shoes. Will try again :(

Do I need to play the other Trails games to play this?

Story wise that is.

Nope, you're good to go. You'll miss out on a few small references here or there at most and some character appearances from previous games, but that's it.

You should play the other Trails games because they're super good.

I'm playing on hard. the robots are the one destroying me. specially their shockwave blast. just 2 of those can kill Alisa. I have the best armor already but I didn't upgrade their shoes. Will try again :(

Huge trick

When the fight starts, before C moves he'll be in a perfect range where Rean's, Fie's, and I believe Angelica's S-craft will hit him and both of the robots. If Rean moves first, pump a motivate and go nuts with the S-breaks.

I just focused on the weapons and ignored the armours unless I had excess money. I'd get weapons for Rean and Laura straight away, and then fill in the rest of the physical attackers like Fie and so on later.

I always went for armour that increased evasion for Rean (got him to 50% currently) but otherwise pretty much ignored the others. I always upgrade Laura now too, she is a Demi God.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Story wise that is.

There are a lot of references from Trails in the Sky but you can play it without playing them.

I just got spoiled about the identity of (Sen spoilers!)
Misty
It was a music video from SC, fuck youtube comments.

Is it a huge spoiler? Is it from Sen I or from II?

Gu4n

I just got spoiled about the identity of (Sen spoilers!)
Misty
It was a music video from SC, fuck youtube comments.

Is it a huge spoiler? Is it from Sen I or from II?
Sen I.
I personally don't think it's a huge spoiler, but saddening it's discussed in YouTube comments of another game regardless.

Damn, thanks.
I had managed to avoid all Kiseki spoilers til now :/

Nevertheless, currently on chapter 3 and loving it. I hope we get news from TC soon.

Still chapter 6

Still cant defeat C. DAMN! If only Laura, Jusis and emma are with me :(

EDIT: Finally beat that fucker! had to spam zeram powder to kill some enemies. winning like I did feels so unsatisfying :(

Shahed

Story wise that is.
Not really but I'd highly recommended it. The basic story is unrelated but there's minor references to events and certain characters that return briefly. The audacity of a certain thief will be lost on you without playing the others.

Besides the other games are fantastic in their own right, especially Trails SC. So far I find Cold Steel isn't as good as them and while you could always play them later, there are certain mechanical enhancements made over time which could make it awkward going backwards.

Diablos54

So I still can't use my card on PSN, I know it works because I've both payed my phone bill and withdrew cash, sort this shit out Sony...

Saphirax

So I still can't use my card on PSN, I know it works because I've both payed my phone bill and withdrew cash, sort this shit out Sony...

Your CC has been locked out. By repeatedly trying to use it you're only extending the lock out. Wait 24 hours and try again.

varkuriru

If this related to getting an error when purchasing with a CC then I solved this issue by copy and pasting the shipping / billing address exactly like it is in my CC bank info into the ps store account.

aravuus

Not really but I'd highly recommended it. The basic story is unrelated but there's minor references to events and certain characters that return briefly. The audacity of a certain thief will be lost on you without playing the others.

Besides the other games are fantastic in their own right, especially Trails SC. So far I find Cold Steel isn't as good as them and while you could always play them later, there are certain mechanical enhancements made over time which could make it awkward going backwards.

I would also suggest playing TiTS first, but with a side-note that even if you end up disliking TiTS FC and/or SC, you should still give Cold Steel a try. I kinda hated TiTS for a bunch of reasons, but I've been loving CS so far.

Been taking it reeeeeeal slow in the last couple of weeks, at this rate CS2 will be out when I'm finished with the game lol

Diablos54

Your CC has been locked out. By repeatedly trying to use it you're only extending the lock out. Wait 24 hours and try again.
Ahh okay that makes sense! Thanks man.

If this related to getting an error when purchasing with a CC then I solved this issue by copy and pasting the shipping / billing address exactly like it is in my CC bank info into the ps store account.
Tried this it definitely didn't work... Strange never had this problem before.

Top Bottom