• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure $19.98 CAD

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just did.. thanks man. $16USD with free shipping.

So is this player's choice or something? Does it come with the GBA adapter (though I think between my friends and I we have enough).

thanks again.

fr4nz

dvdsoon got one of slowest service i know, i'm still waiting for Metals arms GC since 3 month ... "order pending" they says :S

dvdsoon is only good for stock they have and for preorders.

If you order and it says backorder.. not in stock. Cancel right away - they tend to take the money out of the CC right of the bat and you won't see your money til they get around to returning.

fr4nz said:
dvdsoon got one of slowest service i know, i'm still waiting for Metals arms GC since 3 month ... "order pending" they says :S

Same thing has happened to me with other games, and they took the money from my credit card account as soon as I made the order.

And when you cancel the order, it takes them long time to return the money. I'll never order anything from them again.

try dvdboxoffice or ebay for games.

DVDsoon is great/good for stuff they have in stock - you'll do well ordering stock that is labelled as in stock / predorder. Anything else AVOID.

Rogerkiller said:
know any?

For US/CAN NTSC games?

www.videogamesplus.ca is maybe the best. Very quick and pretty chep.

dvdboxoffice.com is pretty good for games that are just released, but they never seem to get any older games shipped.

cduniverse.com is good for some games.

therage.com and dvdsoon are crap.

the minute you order and the status comes out as pending/re-ordering.. CANCEL. That's how you tell and how you use that site :D

damn, their Paper Mario 2 prices are good (including shipping) 47 usd

all quotes

Ok I ordered Jeepers Creepers from DVD soon 13 days ago on August 10th.
And its still pending!

To me this seems along time, and they havent even posted it yet.
should i cancel, (the price has gone up now )

or just stick with it?

This must be your first one that isn't in stock.

Dvd soon are great when they have something in stock, but if they say it is "on order 2-3 days" or "in stock 48hours" or anything similar, then you could be waiting weeks.
My last 4 orders have taken 5 weeks, 3 weeks, 10 days and the current one I ordered on July 8th hasn't shipped yet.

Bottom line is don't order from them if you're in a hurry, unless you're sure they really do have it.

My dvdsoon experiences...

1. They can be very slow to ship.
2. They are often the cheapest R1 etailer and they have free shipping
3. They can be very slow to ship.
4. Once shipped, the goods arrive in about 7 days.
5. They have a great replacement policy, and usually do not require you to return the defective/damaged item.
6. When you cancel an order you get store credit for the amount of the order irrespective of the current price.
7. They can be very slow to ship.

Draff

I ordered Disgaea that was "on order" and after 3 months I still hadn't gotten it so I cancelled. And they didn't even refund my order; they gave me store credit.

SpoonyBard said:
For US/CAN NTSC games?

www.videogamesplus.ca is maybe the best. Very quick and pretty chep.

dvdboxoffice.com is pretty good for games that are just released, but they never seem to get any older games shipped.

cduniverse.com is good for some games.

therage.com and dvdsoon are crap.

i use importmadness.co.uk and i have no problem whit them , but the prices are a litlle more high ....... but you almost have in all games a free memory card :)

Memles

I really think this is a scam...charge $20, knowing that they won't come in for months.

Then, when people get impatient and cancel orders, they give out store credit, giving them $20 in sales they technically didn't have a game to sell for.

Sander

There is a "refunding a credit" link on the right when logged in to your account to get your money back. I used it after waiting 6 months for a game. (talking about dvdsoon)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, I saw that.. and when you click on it it says it will take 21 days to refund..

as I said, gay.

Draff

It was a while ago so I ended up just buying something else. Thanks for the heads up about it though; I didn't know it was there.

Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but has anybody received his copies of Zelda: 4 swords yet?
I ordered them on October 18th for the 20 CAD price but the orders are still pending...

Midas

Seems to be a lot of dvdsoon bashing here! The only thing bad I can say about dvdsoon is that they write the full price on the parcel and dont send it as a gift. I bought GTA:SA from them and had to pay custom fees and tax. :(

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Rogerkiller said:
is dvdboxoffice.com a canadian store

No, dvdboxoffice.com is a Canadian force of evil. Another one of those stores that isn't too bad if things work smoothly, but screws things up horribly if they go wrong (and they go wrong all too often). They double-charged me for a PS2, lied to me on a regular basis about the process of refunding, and never gave me a full refund. Not just 'the refund came as store credit', more 'some of the refund never came at all'.

videogamesplus.ca are, however, the greatest Canadian shop of all time, and I heartily recommend them.

:lol Iapetus continues his crusade against evil dvdboxoffice :lol

But yeah, they are slow if item is out of stock. But I got my US xbox from them only two weeks after the Xbox US launch, that was pretty good. :p

iapetus said:
No, dvdboxoffice.com is a Canadian force of evil. Another one of those stores that isn't too bad if things work smoothly, but screws things up horribly if they go wrong (and they go wrong all too often). They double-charged me for a PS2, lied to me on a regular basis about the process of refunding, and never gave me a full refund. Not just 'the refund came as store credit', more 'some of the refund never came at all'.

videogamesplus.ca are, however, the greatest Canadian shop of all time, and I heartily recommend them.

dvdboxoffice is one of the most reputable shops online for games and they ship international and shipping is free. I've heard nothing but praise and I've used them in the past - for like 8-10 games. All good. All new. One bad incident does not a bad repute make.

how do they double charge you? On a credit card? That's easily fixed by stopping payment. Call the visa company. What are you.. like stupid?

SantaC

TheGreenGiant said:
dvdboxoffice is one of the most reputable shops online for games and they ship international and shipping is free. I've heard nothing but praise and I've used them in the past - for like 8-10 games. All good. All new. One bad incident does not a bad repute make.

how do they double charge you? On a credit card? That's easily fixed by stopping payment. Call the visa company. What are you.. like stupid?

tbh i have heard some bad stories about dvdboxoffice. Poeple that have waited a month for their games etc.

I recommend Videogameplus.ca, tronixweb.org and play-asia.com.

SantaCruZer said:
tbh i have heard some bad stories about dvdboxoffice. Poeple that have waited a month for their games etc.

I recommend Videogameplus.ca, tronixweb.org and play-asia.com.

Have you ordered from them? their shipping is free. Which makes it very reasonable; the time delay is expected; they use the cheapest shipping option and that time frame is about right - If I don't expedit orders, they come in 2 weeks tops. - if you want to expedit orders; they have an option for paying shipment..etc that is reasonable and take 3-5 working days.

SantaC

TheGreenGiant said:
Have you ordered from them? their shipping is free. Which makes it very reasonable; the time delay is expected; they use the cheapest shipping option and that time frame is about right - If I don't expedit orders, they come in 2 weeks tops. - if you want to expedit orders; they have an option for paying shipment..etc that is reasonable and take 3-5 working days.

no but friends of mine have, and sometimes they are quick, and sometimes they have waited a couple of weeks.

Yhere are free shipping from videogameplus.ca also. (not every game)

MP2:E had free shipping.

Fxp

Free shipping from vg+ usually takes more time that regular priced games. I've waited for 3 weeks for my Paper Mario 2 (free shipping) - usually it takes about a week. I'm thinking about e-mailing them to upgrade my MP:E to regular price to receive it faster.

SantaCruZer said:
no but friends of mine have, and sometimes they are quick, and sometimes they have waited a couple of weeks.

Yhere are free shipping from videogameplus.ca also. (not every game)

MP2:E had free shipping.

I just had a look at Tronix. *cough*.. Some the greatest hits are still $48 USD.. That's windwaker..etc. And so is KAR. Talk about BOO-URNNH.. Lousy.

Videogame.ca is :| Their refund exchange policy has causes which will cost you money if you need to return. I've had ebay sellers do better. And their preused games are stupendous overpriced. (i'm having a look through their stuff) The free shipping is with select games too. Its all about how soon you want a game and how much you want to spend anyhow... If you pay VG.ca that extra shipping.. you'd expect to get it fast.

anyhow.. I in the dbo is good camp.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Dvdboxoffice, maybe they're decent if you don't mind waiting. But there's no real point to that, since videogamesplus are better and their shipping fees are really minimal anyway.

When I ordered from Dvdboxoffice, I didn't have the patience to wait 10 days or so to recieve my order. So I chose their faster delivery service, which meant 2-3 days instead, and shipping I had to pay for. But it was OK, the shipping fee was reasonable I thought. I ordered 3 games, and one of the games would be released in like 2 days.

So I decided to ask them to put my order on hold until that very game had been released, and send all the games in one package to avoid unneccessary shipping fees. They said they couldn't do that. I asked them why, and they simply answered "we don't do that, we ship the games as soon as we can". In a not so friendly way either, like they couldn't care less about that I had to pay more shipping.

And by that time they had already shipped one package, containing one game. A few days later I recieve another package with only one game, and couple of days after that another game (which apparently had been delayed). The end result was three times the shipping. Plus custom fees for two of the packages.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Fxp said:
Free shipping from vg+ usually takes more time that regular priced games. I've waited for 3 weeks for my Paper Mario 2 (free shipping) - usually it takes about a week. I'm thinking about e-mailing them to upgrade my MP:E to regular price to receive it faster.

Really? I haven't noticed any difference at all. It has never taken more than 5 days to recieve a package from VGP for me (free shipping or not), and their order processing is really fast as well. I know that one of my orders got lost in the mail once, but VGP were nice enough to send me another package free of charge. Then my first package did arrive anyway, and I was nice enough to send it back to them. :p

SantaC

TheGreenGiant said:
I just had a look at Tronix. *cough*.. Some the greatest hits are still $48 USD.. That's windwaker..etc. And so is KAR. Talk about BOO-URNNH.. Lousy.

Videogame.ca is :| Their refund exchange policy has causes which will cost you money if you need to return. I've had ebay sellers do better. And their preused games are stupendous overpriced. (i'm having a look through their stuff) The free shipping is with select games too. Its all about how soon you want a game and how much you want to spend anyhow... If you pay VG.ca that extra shipping.. you'd expect to get it fast.

anyhow.. I in the dbo is good camp.

it's a good camp if you don't mind waiting. I want my games quick.

DVDsoon is garbage. Never ordering from them again. I can't believe they charge your CC before shipping. Very lame. Especially when the game is never going to be in stock ever again. Got my refund OK, but it took a while.

Fxp

Really? I haven't noticed any difference at all. It has never taken more than 5 days to recieve a package from VGP for me (free shipping or not), and their order processing is really fast as well. I know that one of my orders got lost in the mail once, but VGP were nice enough to send me another package free of charge. Then my first package did arrive anyway, and I was nice enough to send it back to them. :p

Actually, that was the case with Paper Mario 2 (only title with the free shipping I've ordered from them. The friend of mine (we live in the same city) also received it almost the week later than usual. Let's see how it'll work out with MP2:E (free shipping).
VG+ is a really great store - fast response to my e-mails, they even agreed to add several accessories not on their list by my request (Logitech USB microphone, to be precise).

I used DVDBoxoffice for some years until my packages began to disappear. After 2 months of waiting I got my money back or another shipment but I hated the fact that the games will probably never reach me.
Now I use videogames+ and they are great. Friendly and fast replies, fair prices and fast shipping.
The only things I still order at dvdboxoffice are guides.

The Zelda 4 swords order was my first at dvdsoon and it will definitely be my last....
But I still hope for my Zelda games to be shipped.

GermanOfficer said:
I used DVDBoxoffice for some years until my packages began to disappear. After 2 months of waiting I got my money back or another shipment but I hated the fact that the games will probably never reach me.
Now I use videogames+ and they are great. Friendly and fast replies, fair prices and fast shipping.
The only things I still order at dvdboxoffice are guides.

The Zelda 4 swords order was my first at dvdsoon and it will definitely be my last....
But I still hope for my Zelda games to be shipped.

i have order zelda too and .... well ... i am still whaiting.......and it will be wy last too

now a have order baten kaitos from DVDBoxoffice and i can´t cancel , well i have to whait and see if arrives safe in my house.... i hope so....... :(

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
TheGreenGiant said:

Like I said, they seem to be one of those companies that is okay as long as things go smoothly, but when they screw up they really screw up. If you've heard nothing but praise for them, though, then either you haven't been listening very hard or you make a habit of running around with your fingers in your ears singing "I can't hear you!", which I could well believe.

If you're interested in hearing other opinions rather than just having your own confirmed, do a quick search for DVDBO on the NTSC-UK.com forums. Here's a link to save you the time, though you'll find plenty more out there.

DVD Box Office
anephric said:
Last DvdBoxOffice games order I made, most of my living relatives died before they even bothered to reply to my emails asking WHERE MY FUCKING STUFF WAS so I cancelled.

Use somewhere else; anywhere else. I ordered with them to save a few bucks and it wasn't worth it. Ordered off Play Asia the day after and had my stuff by the weekend.

Spatial101 said:
The used to be really good. Now they're really bad and I've stopped using them ages ago.

matooine said:
i had the same thing happen over the last few months three games in a row have gone astray. i hadn't previously had any problems with them, i assumed that it was my local postie on the rob.

Selective quoting? No, just the first three replies in the thread asking how DVDBO were that weren't recommendations to use VG+ instead.

TheGreenGiant said:

Here's what happened: I ordered by credit card, they then told me their system would absolutely 100% guaranteed not let me pay by credit card without sending them a fax of a document which doesn't exist. I sent through an international money order instead (at extra cost to myself). The order shipped, at which point they billed my credit card (the one that they absolutely 100% guaranteed couldn't bill without the non-existent document, remember?) They actually told me this had happened, and that I shouldn't worry, because they'd cancelled it immediately and it wouldn't show up on my statement. A month later, statement time, and guess what? Yup, full price of order (plus commission for exchange). I phoned them up, they lied again about having already cancelled it (strange coincidence then, that when I got my next statement with the partial refund on it, the date of the refund was the day I'd called them). When the refund came through, it didn't cover the commission, and I was charged commission on the refund as well, because of the time it had taken them to try to apply it.

Since then I've given them the opportunity to make good the money I lost (only about the price of a game, so I'm not going to take it to the bank) and they've refused to do so. So I've not ordered from them again, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to. It's not so much the loss of a small amount of money - it's the fact that they fucked up and never apologised, and that they lied to me throughout the process (about the forms of payment they accepted, and about the refund they hadn't made). If a company is that incompetent, then it doesn't deserve my custom (or anyone else's).

Project Midway said:
Iapetus continues his crusade against evil dvdboxoffice

Damn straight. Every order they lose is a victory, both in terms of fucking them over for taking my money (and they've been repaid for that many times over in the custom that I've lost them) and in terms of making sure someone else doesn't end up buying from a company that will fuck them over in the same way if it comes down to it. You reap what you sow, DVDBO.

iapetus said:
Here's what happened: I ordered by credit card, they then told me their system would absolutely 100% guaranteed not let me pay by credit card without sending them a fax of a document which doesn't exist. I sent through an international money order instead (at extra cost to myself). The order shipped, at which point they billed my credit card (the one that they absolutely 100% guaranteed couldn't bill without the non-existent document, remember?) They actually told me this had happened, and that I shouldn't worry, because they'd cancelled it immediately and it wouldn't show up on my statement. A month later, statement time, and guess what? Yup, full price of order (plus commission for exchange). I phoned them up, they lied again about having already cancelled it (strange coincidence then, that when I got my next statement with the partial refund on it, the date of the refund was the day I'd called them). When the refund came through, it didn't cover the commission, and I was charged commission on the refund as well, because of the time it had taken them to try to apply it.

Oh. That IS ridiculous. You must have wanted that game bad. I've stopped doing IMOrders a long time ago.. IMO+post+time taken = urgh. That's really strange that that happened. Well, I've only been burnt once online shopping but it was for Sonic Mega Collection off ebay that Paypal is sorting out.. (okay though cause I don't want the game that much.. it was cheap). Sorry for implying you're an idiot.

You should have called the CC company to withhold and reverse payment. you can do that you know. :| You didn't have to go through DVDboxoffice and you would have had your money back.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Wasn't a game (or at least not just a game) - it was a bundle of stuff including an NTSC PS2. And yes, I wanted it pretty badly. :) I'd been recommended DVDBO as a good company to buy from (this was before they started to get a bad reputation for delays and other fuck-ups) so I was willing to let them sort things out - I was working out of the country about three weeks in four at that stage, so communicating with my bank to get things sorted out wasn't a sane option.

When it came down to the price of a game, I decided the time I'd waste in getting things sorted out was worth more than the money, but that DVDBO wouldn't see any more of my money ever again.

Heh, I havent ordered anything from DVDBO in 2 years so I decided to give them a try... what the hell, they have Halo 2 soundtrack for only ~€12, and I like living on the edge. :lol

I will keep you updated how my order is advancing. =)

SantaC

Fxp said:
Actually, that was the case with Paper Mario 2 (only title with the free shipping I've ordered from them. The friend of mine (we live in the same city) also received it almost the week later than usual. Let's see how it'll work out with MP2:E (free shipping).
VG+ is a really great store - fast response to my e-mails, they even agreed to add several accessories not on their list by my request (Logitech USB microphone, to be precise).

I asked an email about this. It's not true that it takes extra time for free shipping.

Hello ******,

Thats pretty funny but Free shipping is not slow shipping. We are just offering the same regular shipping for free on that game as a promotion as we did with Paper Mario 2. We sometimes offer these promotion to our customers and are now offering the same promotion on Resident Evil 4.

So no need to upgrade your shipping,

Sidney
Customer Service Representative
VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I got free shipping on some pre-owned games from VG+ when they had an offer on, and it arrived just as quickly as anything else I've ordered from them.

Xizk

iapetus said:
I got free shipping on some pre-owned games from VG+ when they had an offer on, and it arrived just as quickly as anything else I've ordered from them.

Same here. I pre-ordered Paper Mario 2 and got it as fast as I usually get games from vg+.

jenov4

Hmm, I noticed Zeller's was selling this game for $29.99 CAD if anyone's interested. Still a great deal for the canucks.

Top Bottom