• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

The game needs an easy mode or something. I keep losing heart pieces from the enemies around and in the great tree.

I think having no movement tied to the D-pad and making it circle pad exclusive is a pain. Though, I find myself always doing the L-targeting because Link is so cool backflipping and launching to sword attack. I wish the stylus could be used to change the camera view.Camera is really the games biggest fault in my time with it thus far.

Has NOA stated how many OSTs they'll have in stock? I ordered mines on Amazon, and I don't receive it until Wednesday. I noticed that they already ran out in Europe. :/

Dedication Through Light said:
The game needs an easy mode or something. I keep losing heart pieces from the enemies around and in the great tree.

I think having no movement tied to the D-pad and making it circle pad exclusive is a pain. Though, I find myself always doing the L-targeting because Link is so cool backflipping and launching to sword attack. I wish the stylus could be used to change the camera view.Camera is really the games biggest fault in my time with it thus far.

Don't feel bad, I too keep on getting my butt kicked by the combat, it feels so different compared to playing the game on a controller, I hope I'll eventually get used to it.

Just got this email:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had technical issues when trying to place your order for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack CD.

Using the information you provided, I was able to locate your Club Nintendo account. I see that you qualify for this promotion, so I have taken the liberty of placing an order for the soundtrack CD (it will be sent to the address on your account).

The next time you login to your account, you can click “Reward Order Inquiry” on your Club Nintendo homepage to view your order status (please allow 30 minutes for this order to appear in your Club Nintendo account).

We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery.

Filled out this form like _dd_ recommended doing at around 4am est last night. Just said I had registered the game and did not get the CD confirmation popup.

_dd_ said:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

Filed it under:

Club Nintendo
Product Registration
Games

Here's to hoping.

LuFel

BY2K said:
En9zE.jpg

Stupid French sticker. Before you know it, the whole boxart is gonna read: ENJOY YOUR GAME, YOU FRENCH ASSHOLE!

hate stickers in the box..

Skip this post if you're new to the game and don't want to see any of the 7 years in the future parts of OOT...

Little touches I've liked:

Ingo's bedroom - Lon Lon Ranch:

CEmie.jpg

3l0Mc.jpg

Cuckoo rota / drawing - Lon Lon Ranch:

O4NTN.jpg

Textures that give you clues... (look at the floor for scuff marks)

PEqV5.jpg

Aftermath of Battle - Outside Ganon's Tower

ZPpiH.jpg

Ganon's Tower itself

aTqaY.jpg

Kakariko Village from Death Mountain Trail
This was definitely this way in the N64 version too but I believe it was a texture, not modelled down to the houses..

OR3N4.jpg

Goron cave art

Oritr.jpg

jluedtke

As has been stated, just keep calling customer service until you get through. The lady was very nice and took care of it quickly. Just don't be a dick. Shit happens.

And now to the game...

I played though the original twice in 98/99 and found it to be magical; a perfect game. Playing up through the Deku Tree and entering Hyrule Field reminded me of how great this game is. I love the 3D effect, the controls are great, and the updated graphics are beautiful. I'm disappointed in the packaging, though; namely the booklet. It's cheap and crappy looking. I know physical media isntvwhat it once was, but this is an important game and deserves a little better.

WolfofMebu said:
Just got this email:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had technical issues when trying to place your order for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack CD.

Using the information you provided, I was able to locate your Club Nintendo account. I see that you qualify for this promotion, so I have taken the liberty of placing an order for the soundtrack CD (it will be sent to the address on your account).

The next time you login to your account, you can click “Reward Order Inquiry” on your Club Nintendo homepage to view your order status (please allow 30 minutes for this order to appear in your Club Nintendo account).

We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery.

Filled out this form like _dd_ recommended doing at around 4am est last night. Just said I had registered the game and did not get the CD confirmation popup.
Thanks for the heads up. I assume this is afte e-mailing them?

Disguises said:
Just 2000? Whats even the point? Ugh. Is that the reason for the order form breaking then?

The form only broke on NOAs site, NOEs site was fine... they should have known better than to use some kind of popup.

I feel justified in leaving work early on Friday now though knowing that there were so few copies for Europe. Sounds too low to me though, that. I'm sure there were probably more / will be more.

iNvid02

im borrowing a 3DS and this game from a friend, he's given me until september (basically the whole summer) to play it.

i've never touched a zelda game, probably wont even buy a 3DS but im hoping playing this game could change my perception of nintendo and their handhelds.

Link0080

I couldn't get the soundtrack on club Nintendo so i sent an email then called, hope I get an email or call back soon. Now its time to play!!!

First-timer impressions:
I'm like 5 hours into the game and I think it's great so far. It can be vague but in a good way - it reminds me of the older days of gaming where there's no real hand holding to be found. Fortunately, since I'm the type of gamer that likes to explore every part of the game, I've had no real issues with advancing.

My only real complaints at this point are related to the camera - it's sensitive and sometimes makes it a bitch to aim bomb throws. I also don't like how my sword isn't always out so when I press L to lock onto an enemy, it sometimes just switches to the "View" mode. Pretty annoying when you get attacked out of nowhere.

ACESmkII

Just picked up this and Steel Diver at Bestbuy. Can't wait to get off work and play this gem, it's been about 12 yrs since I played it on the N64...only a few more hours to go.

Alrus said:
You shouldn't get that much ghosting. The only point where there's no way to avoid it seems when there is a bright object on a dark/black background. Otherwise it's usually caused by not holding the screen in the right position.

Well, I can see it on every 3DS I've held on every game. Might be something to do with my eyes, but yeah, if this game is the best 3ds got, then that sliders staying off forever.

Disguises

radioheadrule83 said:
The form only broke on NOAs site, NOEs site was fine... they should have known better than to use some kind of popup.

I feel justified in leaving work early on Friday now though knowing that there were so few copies for Europe. Sounds too low to me though, that. I'm sure there were probably more / will be more.
NoE's site was not fine. I tried and got many errors in return - such as saying that my post code was wrong and another generic "an error occurred" message. Lots of others had similar problems too.

Revolutionary said:
First-timer impressions:
My only real complaints at this point are related to the camera - it's sensitive and sometimes makes it a bitch to aim bomb throws. I also don't like how my sword isn't always out so when I press L to lock onto an enemy, it sometimes just switches to the "View" mode. Pretty annoying when you get attacked out of nowhere.

This. Too often the spiders and weak enemies are taking out my hearts.

Dude on the phone said he'll get it sorted out. That's a relief, I really wanted the soundtrack.

Now to play this classic. :D

Quit at the Water Temple last time for reasons I can't remember. Will finally beat the game this time.

Typographenia said:
Call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

Many people have gotten through and been confirmed for their cd. Just keep calling until you get through.
Thanks, they were able to help. CD get! (Guy even knew what my username meant and how it was spelled, and had actually read the book!)

As for the game, I am shocked at how good it looks. Truly amazing. I'm not ashamed to admit I got a little misty eyed when the game started up. Such great music.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Wait, where is this CD offer page? I filled the registration survey, and ... nothing...
I never saw it either, try calling the number Typographenia gave me above.

Holmes

Options -> Change all default settings. :)

Is anyone annoyed by how slow aiming is? When I took my slingshot out for the first time, it was like molasses. Almost lost the slingshot shooting gallery because of it!

moozoom

radioheadrule83 said:
The form only broke on NOAs site, NOEs site was fine...

No it wasn't, I tried to register my address for 20 minutes on the french website before calling it quits and closing the window.

It sucks but I already have many Zelda music CD's so...

ameleco

So, just curious, for anyone who called, how long did it take for the order to show up in the reward inquiry after calling?

AbsoluteZero said:
Ugh, I want to call, but with the e-mail already sent I don't want them to think I'm trying to get two copies.
Haha yeah I emailed then called (I get a little impatient). I think they'll understand and won't send two copies.

Can't believe it's been over 10 years since I played this. I wanted to replay it when they came out with the collection for the Gamecube, but never got around to it. The game really captures a sort of innocence and adventure that few games do and I think that it retains that to this day. Still haven't even started the second dungeon, just been going around town, getting caught by guards and visiting the ranch. Can't wait til everyone gets their CD's sorted out and more game talk begins :)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
fuck, my order was delivered on time but due to parcel size was sent back to the post office collection office and due to a power failure I couldn;t pick it up yesterday...long story short I don't get the CD..cos it's gone, daddy gone.... Hopefully Nintendo will print some more??
either way tomorrow I am getting it from the collections office before shift..

I'm thinking of calling again. I see some of you are being told you will have the CD sent to you but I was told I would be getting a call back. Will they still send me the CD or will they tell me it's too late? I just want the CD ;(

Gravijah

MatthewB92 said:
I'm thinking of calling again. I see some of you are being told you will have the CD sent to you but I was told I would be getting a call back. Will they still send me the CD or will they tell me it's too late? I just want the CD ;(

Call and bug them.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well, they are still offering the CD for North America. I just registered my copy of OOT 3D and a separate window popped up, letting me know that I qualified for the free soundtrack.

So I just secured that (they will be sending them on the week of July 5th). Now it is time to play this classic remade in fricken 3D. I'm pretty darn excited! :)

Gravijah said:
Call and bug them.
Well I did lol. The guy I got on the phone with told me the last guy miss informed me and he told me(The guy I just got off the phone with.) said I will be getting a CD but the phone call I'll be getting is just to confirm it not to see if they have any left(Like the last guy told me.)
Also the rep said they have a lot of these CD's left and if they didn't have any left they would get told right away so they could tell people. So just call and everything will work out lol. I'm happy now.

Top Bottom